LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is sinusitis a Lyme symptom?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is sinusitis a Lyme symptom?
hshbmom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9478

Icon 5 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My oldest son has sinusitis that comes & goes. He also had a couple episodes of non-contagious "flu" a few months ago.

I have an order for a Western blot from Igenex and a flow test from Central FL Ressearch, but I'm waiting to send a sample until he gets another fever.

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heathnicole
Member # 9313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heathnicole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know for sure but I know that it is a symptom with me.

I think Candida and mold issues can also cause sinus problems. Both of which I have also!

I think Oil of Oregano is good for the sinus
I'm sorry I wish i could remember more

Heather

Posts: 74 | From Florida | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure can be!!! I used to have nearly constant sinusitis and infections.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 7 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how do you use oil of oregano for sinus? thanks.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjbucuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjbucuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they gave my son sinus surgery ... claiming that was the problem. ENT doctor said sinuses were very inflamed but not pus-filled. Son got much worse after the surgery --- must have ruined what was left of his immune system.

Turns out it was Lyme & Babesia.

Posts: 758 | From now TX | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have fungal sinusitus and I'm convinced it was triggered and exacerbated by Lyme.
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe lyme contributed to my chronic sinusitis.
I had surgery to correct my deviated septum and remove tissue that was blocking my airways.
Overall, it has significantly reduced my headaches and sinus pressure.

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is... I use to get stuck in a bed every winter on antibiotics with green stuff coming out of my nose and zero energy.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had sinus surgery in 93, had all sorts of infections sequested in scar tissue in my sinuses....Felt better even while in huge pain after surgery...It was one of the best things I ever did for myself...

I felt like miserable lyme all the time, then sinus surgery, then every so much better...

Fast forward, four tick bites later, I have lyme finally dianosed in 98. Been treated ever since, orals, IV, orals, etc...also have babesia WA1.

During the past six months I've had horrible frontal sinus pain in my left frontal sinus. This is the one that was the worst in the early nineties. After the first surgery my orbit became infected, the sinus closed off and I had one more surgery to have a tube placed to keep it open. Tube removed two months later, not a problem since.

Until....
six months ago...I've had five bouts with severe frontal sinus pain. It was so bad last week that I went to the urgent care for El Camino Medical and the doc ordered a sinus CT and a stat appointment with my ENT.

The CT was 'pristine' according to the ENT. She then scoped my sinuses and said that they looked marvelous...

She thinks the pain is most likely neurological and is setting up a referral to a neurologist.

I suspect that it's lyme going after an area of previous injury and inflammation, like it has in all the other painful places in my body.

I broke an ankle four years ago and it took a year to heal properly, a simple fracture...and was very painful. My doc and I suspected that it was lyme going to it favorite inflammation sites as usual...The ankle is fine now.. a little looser, but the bones finally knitted.

I don't know if I'll follow through with the neurologist, but may.

If the exams reveal nothing wrong with his sinuses, I would lean toward lyme liking inflmmation. The ENTs can scope the sinuses in the office. It's not absolutely discomfort free, but it's certainly tolerable. And, they can see the sinuses very well. If the scoping is difficult, then they order the sinus CT.

Mine was ordered stat as the frontal sinus is separated from the brain by only a layer of cartilage, so it can in extreme cases explode into the brain causing diffuse infection of the brain. This happens rarely, but is a concern.

So, if you have had allergies, or previous sinus problems, the lyme will enjoy playing in a location of previous inflammation...

Fun facts, or suppositions, to know and tell,

Carol Ann

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Borrelia can and do love the sinus. The thing about ENT docs is that they know about and are good about sugery. Thants what they do. Most from my experience have no idea that inflamation can be a sign of infection. I've had "pristine" sinuses all the way up to my sinus obliteration surgery!!!

Today I must irrigate my sinuses daily as they no longer work. I use warm saline with colloidal silver mixed in. I've not had a sinus problem since.

good luck

Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me I THOUGHT it was damage done to my system by Lyme that would never go away BUT it went away with cipro with a few other hold-outs so for me it was presumptive BARTONELLA!!!!!!!

ALL GONE after 3 months on cipro after 4 years or something of sinus drip!!! (Yuck! Always had kleenex in pocket!!)

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to have sinus surgery the year that I think I was bitten. I didnt think much of it since I had sinus problems from childhood. After I was bitten, the surgery corrected the problem we thought but didnt realize what really was lurking there. I dont have sinus problems any longer but the lyme has really trained wrecked everything else.
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement