LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Why not improving...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why not improving...
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was suggested I start a thread by someone else on here and ask about things I can do to help myself get better becuase right now I am getting no where...

I became really ill towards the end of Novemeber in 2005 and have been in a downfall ever since. I got diagnosed October of 2006 and was started on immune supplements and Cats Claw for 2 months. I then decided to buy a GB4000 and rife for a month (I herxed with it as well) After a month of that my parents decided I needed to see a lyme doc. So now I am being tried with oral ABX since the beginning of Jan.

So in total I was sick for 9 months before a diagnoses. I have been treating for 7 months by May 1st and I an still continuing to downward spiral. I use to be able to go to school while sick, now I am house bound 95% of the time and in bed most of that time.

I don't have a yeast problem (potent kefir, probiotics galour, antifungals, sugar free diet, foods that naturally kill yeast, glutamine, aloe vera, nystatin, ect.)

I dont have metals, been tested by 2 different labs and everything is fine.

this is my Igenex results:
IGM IGG
18 - +
22 - -
(23-25) ++ -
28 - -
30 + +
31 ++ IND
34 - -
39 IND IND
41 IND ++
45 - -
58 - -
66 + +
73 - -
(83-93) - -

My Bowen test 7 months ago was a 1:64

I have treated my hypercoagulation.
I am on hormones.

For detox I am doing IV glutathione, epsom salt baths, lemon water, lots of water through the day, I did chitopower for a while, I try to do some kind of excercise everynow and then...

I can only tolerate baby doses of ABX. I have to pulse (take an abx once every 3 days) I seem to herx everytime and I have symptom flares like crazy. One moment I seem to be ok, next hour I am in the hospital about to literally die.
WHAT IS GOING ON! [rant]

I go back to see my LLMD on May 7th. What questions do I need to have for him??? He told me on the first appointment that in 1-4 months I should be a completely different person, he was right! I have gone from 50% functional to 30% at the best!

[ 24. April 2007, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: ByronSBell 2007 ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear your not doing well Byron.

Sometimes it can take a long time on abx before you see a difference. I know its tough, but you will improve.

Also being on abx YOU WILL GET WORSE BEFORE YOU GET BETTER. Sorry to say its just a part of having lyme and how this bug works.

But having said that.....

Healing also depends on a few things:

How long you've been sick prior to treatment

Co-infections & how many you have.

Reinfections

Heavy metals: Mercury, arsenic, aluminum, tin, cadmium, etc.

Your diet - Chemicals such as Aspartame & MSG can make anyone much worse and prevent healing.

I've been on abx for 2 years so have my kids we are doing alot better now. But it took this long, and we are not completely healed yet. But at this point I'm so grateful for good days.

Take care,
Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I am also on an all organic diet, no additives or anything like that...
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "I don't have metals" statement is concerning... It is often the people that are the MOST metal toxic that are not releasing metals and thus hair or provocation tests may not always show the issue. I don't think anyone with chronic illness can get well without also addressing the metals issue.

Parasites, mold, and co-infections are also major players and often overlooked. Mold is a big, big, big one in my opinion.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, read the Biotoxin cover story in the PHA at publichealthalert.org - June 2007 issue. Coming soon. You sound to me like someone that also needs to think about and investigate Biotoxins.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you said ABX since the beginning of Jan.

It takes longer in some cases I went way longer than that of coarse i was infected longer before treatment.

And Iam still on abx's you should treat coinfections.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good thread. Thanks for posting it. I too will be keeping an eye on this thread.

I, too, need to deal with mold, metals, parasites, etc.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

we have had the house checked over for mold...
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're doing all the right things, Byron. Just KEEP GOING!!!! I was WAY worse after going on abx.... for a LONG time. At the slow rate you are going on the abx, it will take awhile yet....could be months, at least.

Do not quit or give up!! Patience is essential.

[ 24. April 2007, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to let you know I got worse on abx too.

Nothing normal about lyme disease..throw all preconceived (sp?) ideas out the door.

I tried not taking the abx several times in the beginning and that did not help either.

It seems each time I start a new abx, it gets worse before it gets better.

The good news is that it is getting better.

The last time, the pain was greater than usual.

I was not sure what was going on.

NOw, I am waking up without feeling like a truck ran over me. I look forward to going to sleep at night...with the help of a sleeping pill.

Before I dreaded it.

Over doing it today. So, not sure how clear this is. Need to give my brain a rest.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

^
elle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two things that I don't see listed in your oringinal post are coinfections and aso titer. If either of those are present than the body is preoccupied dealing with those antibodies, rather than fighting the lyme war going on in your body. Also the health of your immune system comes into play.

Have you had coinfection testing? Aso titer? also how is your immune function or do you have immunodeficiencies? IgG , IgM & IgA?

Keeping trying and keep looking forward.

elle

I'm not a doc or a medical prof . . . everyone who lives at my address has LD

--------------------
When I feel blue . . . . . . its time to take another breath

Posts: 296 | From East Coast | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ByronSBell,

I had a very hard time in the beginning of my treatment also. The first two years I was in bed most of the time herxing and I could only tolerate baby doses of abx and pulsed them as you are. And it wasn't until I was treated for Babesia that I started to have truly good days.

I have learned to do more detoxing for myself, Tincup's Tea recipe has helped me alot along with whey protein shakes. It sounds like you are doing alot of good things, so maybe it is just going to take more time before you start having good days. Or maybe you need to be treated for co-infections.

I am sure everything I have said has already been said above, but my eyes are too tired right now to do a lot of reading...so just adding my 2 cents worth.

Good luck to you.

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by elle:
Two things that I don't see listed in your oringinal post are coinfections and aso titer. If either of those are present than the body is preoccupied dealing with those antibodies, rather than fighting the lyme war going on in your body. Also the health of your immune system comes into play.

Have you had coinfection testing? Aso titer? also how is your immune function or do you have immunodeficiencies? IgG , IgM & IgA?

Keeping trying and keep looking forward.

elle

I do have a defecient immune system but I am on some very good mutivitamins and COQ10 with amino acids. I haveno been tested for co infections, my doctor thinks the tests are worthless, I go see him on May 7th, I will ask about them. SOMETHING is holding me back from healing!
elle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True immunodeficiencies - selective immunoglobulin G, M, A, E cannot be helped by vitamin supplementation - (google for more info on these)

Co-infection tests - most LLMDs would agree that the more information that they have to work with, the better the advantage. Coinfections need to be treated first.

Also ask about the aso titer - search on this site for the Dr Lida Mattman research or google. We have worked over a year to get down aso titers on 3 people at my house and they aren't down yet. My doc has found several of her patients with high aso titers.

elle

--------------------

Posts: 296 | From East Coast | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ByronSBell 2007:
SOMETHING is holding me back from healing!

Time.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron, when do you think you got the tick bite?

I would def say that if you have been treating for 7 months, you should be somewhat better.
AND because you are herxing, you should be

having SOME good days.

I started treatment, and by the 3rd Month I was driving again, a little bit. I was back on the jogger at a slow speed. HOWEVER, I am sicker now, because I went OFF treatment for 7 months

to treat with herbals, and was an idiot because I kept at it even though I was getting sicker, I thought I would eventually kill it, but instead, I just got sooo sick, within one month, boom,

I would def see why you are not somewhat better, because you are herxing, so why are you not better somewhat.

Are you having the 28day cycle of lyme herxing. I had this with treatment,.

I must also say that I also herxed on lyme treatment and was getting worse because I had babesia.

So, maybe you have babesia or other coinfection.

I was herxing, and still got worse later on in treatment.

So, keep on asking, I just think if you have not been sick that long, you should be feeling better on your treatment, and also,

I thought if you have only had lyme a short time, like a year, then you should not be having to go so slow with treatment.

ALSO, did they say why you have an immune deficiency? what is the cause? is it lyme or something you were born with.

Also, when you say deficent immuns system, did an Internist find this out?
If you have low white blood cells, I read on Dr Burrascano's guidlines that if it is persitant it can be Erlichia. I think? the antibiotic of choice is Doxycycline, I am not sure though.

Immune defeciency can be AIDS, and then you can get sick from everything. What is the cause of YOUR immune deficiency.

Keep searching, you will find the answer, eventually. [Smile]

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One study showed how cystic forms of Bb were stored for 6 years before placing them back into a growing medium.
Within 4 to 5 weeks, live spirochetes were detected.

(From the 2006 Conferences)

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athy
Member # 11676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm going to add my 10 cents to this post. You do have to stick with treating continuously for long periods of time (some even longer dpeending on how long you've had it) and yeah, i also have had my up and massive declines while on treatment to the point of monthly ER visits only to be told i'm fine [Razz] . Lyme and co-infections do need separate protocols/treatments though. But yes, stick with treating, don't stop. One additional suggestion is to buy this very important book: Healing Lyme: Natural healing for lyme and its co-infections. I know some out there may not be supporters of "natural" anti-spirochete alternatives, BUT.. this book give the BEST and most detailed explaination/information about the organisms themselves and what is actually happening when you "herx" and why you can have such big ups and downs and why consistent, loong-term thorough treatment/healing every day is so important. Read it! [Smile] I think it is essential for everyone who is working to win this battle.

--------------------
Fortune favors the brave.
~Publius Terence

Posts: 6 | From Oregon | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

My immune is defecients in IGM and some other things that I dont remember.... It was an Immunologist/hemotologist that did all the testing, he said my immune system is basically down but is still functioning and can protect me from most infections...

I have that book healing lyme and it's co infections, I am going to read through it again. I have heard how some people keep treating lyme and dont get better, then they find out they have a co infections... maybe that is my problem?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Byron, As you stated above, you will be treated for coinfections.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

DR. C said he will treat me for co-infections but how do I know if i have them... I am just getting really scared that each month that goes by I steadily getting worse. Usually the first months are the worse then you start to notice each month isn't as bad,then you start improving....

For me I am going downhill all of these 7 months of treatment

duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My immune is defecients in IGM
Mine too. I thought I was the only one with Lyme and IGM deficiency . The doctor told me there is nothing they can do about low IGM. They ran a battery of other immune tests and I am better than average in all. I don't get sick often either. My immunologist thinks it has to do with the t cells communicating with the b cells.
Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
DR. C said he will treat me for co-infections but how do I know if i have them?

For me I am going downhill all of these 7 months of treatment

If you want to spend the money, he will test you. Simple as that. BUT....You can't rely on the test!!!! So I don't see the point.

Your appointment is soon. Relax a little.

PS... If you herx on the babs meds, then you have it. That's how you will know.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I have been on babesia meds but cant tell if it is a lyme herx or a babesia.

Whenever I herx or get a flare all my symptoms I have listed get worse and every ABX makes the same symptoms get worse. I herxed the exact same on doxy at first as I do on Biaxin/Plaqinil. Same goes for ceftin and zithromax, except on th herx with zithromax I got really dizzy

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure wish all the new people could just let the LLMD treat and relax and hold on it will get better. [group hug]

--------------------
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

None of those are meds for babs.

Tree... absolutely!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

elle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7721

I'm really confused about this co-infection testing statement. I was tested for babesia - the tests were positive. I have slide showing babesia in my red cells. I can see and have lab proof back by clinical symptoms - reoccurring, acute anemia. If my llmd just didn't bother to gather this info, I would be having bone marrow testing and other testing instead of treatment.

I also had positive ehrlichia test, which have since resolved.

Since when has co-infection testing become bad science?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

It's not. But what good is a negative test if you truly have babs??? What is gained for the patient? More years of misery due to untreated babesia??

My test was "borderline".... When we did a trial run of meds, I herxed harder than I EVER did on Lyme meds. It was seriously there.

Had he not done that, I would have gone for years untreated and would NOT have gotten well.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I forgot to say I have been on clindamycin/quinine as well but not long...
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Now you're talking. Do you remember if you herxed then?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

the week I was taking it my pain did go up but I was also battling a very bad cold as well... Dr. C didn't want me on it long since it tears the gut up compared to all the other ABX. I am going to try to switch to zithromax now and get off Biaxin/Plaq. I have been on that for about 40 doses. Last time I took a zithro I hrxed like a crazy drunk and got really dizzy, I may ask Dr. C if he can add in Mepron. I know he wants to throw Flagyl at me soon as well. Looks like hell for me for the next few months!
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by duke77:
quote:
My immune is defecients in IGM
Mine too. I thought I was the only one with Lyme and IGM deficiency . The doctor told me there is nothing they can do about low IGM. They ran a battery of other immune tests and I am better than average in all. I don't get sick often either. My immunologist thinks it has to do with the t cells communicating with the b cells.
I tested low in IgA and IgM, but my IgG was fine. Dunno, I was also told me T-cells and B-cells aren't talking. ^shrugs^

Byron, I suspect at 7 months you may be on the verge(sp?) of things starting to change. I know this is scary and sucks big time but hang in a while longer. There's really no way to rush it. It sounds to me, in my limited experience, that you are doing everythign you can.

I'm being reminded again myself that slow and steady wins the race. Patience is not my strong suit, trust me. (I'm almost 4 months into Babs treatment. I was diagnosed with Lyme in 93 and finally got someone to treat Babs, now. And you can be sure I want it done, now, too.)

ps. I liked when you had your running picture up... it made feel like I should keep running. Thank you for that.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patience is something that eventually sinks in, and acceptance that you can only heal as quickly as your mind, body and spirit are able.

Bryon, you're young and in good hands with Dr C. You are stressing yourself and your overstessed sick body by wanting it healed NOW.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Its just to to bad that when we finaly get treated that we didnt all ready know how incedious this spirochete is and all of its complexities.

Let alone all the details that come along with coinfections.

It dosent operate like any other germ its whole life is geared to hide & procreate at different time frames than other germs.

--------------------

Newbie Links

Kendrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kendrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Byron.
Did you say something about getting an MRI... maybe I'm getting confused with something else.

I'm asking because overnight 3 months ago, I had a severe reaction and haven't been able to take medicines since. I'm a million times worse.

I'm not talking about "fight through it" bad, I'm talking about fully bedridden, severe reactions where I end up in ER, 3 day long anxiety attacks... bad.

I'm wondering about the MRI, because I wonder if you had the contrast dye for the MRI?

My situation started the night I had the MRI(contrast dye) done. This can be coincidental, but I'm stuck trying to figure out what went wrong. Someone else suggested neurotoxicity from artemesia, but I'm still trying to figure everything out.

I went from taking 1000mg of zithro, artemesia, all kinds of stuff, to not being able to use nasal spray w/out going into shock for days. Again, this happened overnight for me.

--------------------
Never walk through a cornfield backwards.

About me(Yahoo): http://360.yahoo.com/profile-NR1Y8cw6fqhtrewwItSlfsgQDIhaOojd

Posts: 315 | From Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

yes I had the dye! I felt really tired and sick the whole day after I had the MRI done, then the next night I woke up in screaming pain, ever since the MRI I have been in the dump.

I remember a while back, about 9 months ago I was in the ER for screaming pain (before lyme diagnoses and I had to have an MRI done with dye, I remember the day after the MRI I had to be hospitalized again becuase my case worsened 2x's finally they said there is nothing we can do and Cigna wont pay for anything else we do...

I kept telling my parents I dont want another MRI done and they forced me, now I am in a living hell

clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the dye made of?

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I found the dye is called gadolinium.

After some short researching it is a metal. WOW! sure am glad I have more metals floating around in me! Another thanks out to the medical field [hi]

clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could there not be an antidote? Maybe chlorella/cilantro protocol? Foot baths? IV Chelation?

Is there a professional you could speak to that has some knowledge or experience with this? Doctors specializing in IV chelation?

Keep asking questions.

Claire

[ 25. April 2007, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: clairenotes ]

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

My DOM (doctor of oriental medicine) does IV glutathione pushes, then follows that up with a large bag of saline, magnesium, and myers cocktail. He said it should wipe just about everything out...

The second time I did the IV glutahione push about 15 seconds after I got it I had a severe "punch" like feeling in my liver area then it went away...

clairenotes
Member # 10392

I am a little confused. Did you have this procedure done after the MRI or before? If afterwards... it doesn't sound like it helped. If done before the MRI, maybe you should speak to him and try it again, possibly?

Claire

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I had the IV glutathione before the MRI, I havn't had another just yet, I think my next one is next week... [Roll Eyes]
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coinfections.
Yeah your tests may be worthless for them ( could be negative when in fact you DO have it), but you HAVE to be treated for it.

Also, switching antibiotics may help. Lyme has several forms.Yours could be in a different form RIGHT NOW.

And the immune system problems? Ouch. Adds to the problem there.

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

yep. my body is a wreck [shake]
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by map1131:
Patience is something that eventually sinks in, and acceptance that you can only heal as quickly as your mind, body and spirit are able.

I like that statement, Pam!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there, Byron. Hubby has been on ABX for 15-16 months now..... It's a long slow process.
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to feel that when on the right treatment things can clear up quickly sometimes.
When on the right treatment, you KNOW because your symptoms are getting a little better
all the time.

Why I say this is I experienced it a few times.
I knew that it was the right treatment.

I remember I became allergic to all foods, and within 1 week was able to eat a little better.
Within 6 months, I was eatting 100% better.

WHen I became sick from light, within ONE day,
When switched to Clindaymycin and quinine, for babesia, I was able to tolerate the computer for a little bit. Within one month I was able to sit

and watch a TV program for one hour without feeling like I was going to go insane from the anxiety the TV gave me.

Right now, things are not going well.
Something is wrong I feel.
What, I dont know, still working with it.

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I tend to feel that when on the right treatment things can clear up quickly sometimes.
When on the right treatment, you KNOW because your symptoms are getting a little better
all the time.

I cannot agree more on this.

Sometime, I feel immediately better within days if I am on right track, even under a herx, symptoms could be worsen, but the "feeling" is better.

So maybe we should trust our guts to distinguish a relapse, side effects and herx?

Otherwise, I cannot tell which is which.

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I have kinda come up with my own theory but dont know if it is right...?

When my symptoms get really bad and I back off the ABX or whatever treatment it was and I come back feeling stronger after the symptom flare/herx subsides then I know it was a herx.

If I have a bad symptom flare and i dont have that feeling of stronger after it ends, then it was probly just a lyme flare...

Right now I am in a Flare for 6 days now, my pain would usually average around a at best 3 and at worse 5. Now for the past almost week I have been best of 5 and worst at 10. This has never happened before and the only thing that has changed is I had a MRI done the same day this horrible! phase is happening to me... [dizzy] by the way I have been of all ABX for the past week and my symptoms are not coming down like they always have... [cussing]

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An MRI machine uses frequencies to produce an image along with a magnetic field.
Occasionally they will produce a spirochete killing frequency much like a Rife machine only many times more powerful. You were in a sense in the worlds most powerful Rife machine. It is not surprising to feel terrible as you are loaded with dead Lyme material.
Detox is all you can do after the fact.

Kind of an awful way to prove the Rife principle, but anyone that is going to get an MRI should be aware that this can and does happen.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

thats what I was wondering this whole time but I dont know much about magnetic pulsers... (I know plenty about rife)

Do magnetic pulsers have different frequencys/patterns or are they just machines that you turn on and have a single setting?

I am beginning to wonder if that dye, since it is a metal... if that metal could have signifigantly hurt my immune system or something?

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not an MRI expert but I know it produces a magnetic field. I am assuming that it does this so the frequencies penetrate the subject easily. But, it may be for some other reason. It really does not matter in this case.

When you use a Doug Coil type Rife machine it produces a magnetic field for just this purpose.
To allow the frequencies to penetrate the body.

An EMEM uses a weaker magnetic field and a machine like my GB-4000 uses a RF carrier frequency for penetration.

The magnetic field in itself will not do anything.
But when coupled with the correct frequency it will disable or kill Lyme spirochetes. MRI machines do not always hit these frequencies and it is quite by accident as they are not directing it at Lyme. That is why it only affects some people some of the time.

With the huge power involved with the MRI it produces a much larger kill off than ever would be achieved with any Rife machine. Some people I know have thought about altering an MRI machine to make a high powered Rife machine. But, it is a something you would only want to use in the most desperate cases since it is so powerful.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Forgot to answer your original question about magnetic pulsars. I believe these are DC devices so no frequency is involved. The electrical current is
what does the work. I do not know why they use the word "magnetic". It is basically a Bob Beck device.

D Bergy

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

so are you saying the chances of it causing a herx are minimal...?

I did some thinking with my parents as to why my case has worsened so badly over the last 5-6 days... I got to thinking

1. I always herx about 1.5-2 days after I take an ABX or Rife. I had the MRI done at 2:00pm on Fri and woke up Sunday Morning at 1:00AM in horrid pain!

2. I have noticed alot of symptoms that I thought had improved or gone away came back this week for no reason.

3. I had not taken an ABX for a week now and my pain seems to have rised severly/quickly when usually my pain comes down a little when I go off ABX...

I guess we will never know [Roll Eyes]

D Bergy
Member # 9984

The MRI will cause a huge herx if it hits the correct frequencies that kill of Lyme. I know of no other reason an MRI would cause any problems.

You most likely feel lousy because you still have all of the dead bacteria floating around in your body. Any type of detox will help. Drink plenty of water and take it easy for awhile.

You should feel much better once you clear out your system. You most likely destroyed a lot of the Lyme bacteria. Just way more than you would want to at one time.

Hope you get better

D Bergy

clairenotes
Member # 10392

Byron -- there has been a lot of good thoughts and advice on this thread.

DB may well be right. Perhaps the MRI triggered a massive killing, so to speak. It seems to fit the right time schedule for your herx reactions. Before I knew I had lyme, I took something that caused a herx reaction for months!!! I was completely clueless about what happened and what I needed to do. It was really a terrible time period.

It still might be nice to simply ask your LLMD or DOM about the substance you were given with the MRI, to see if he would feel there is anything to be concerned about there or anything you need to do differently.

And if it were me, I would be using all my favorite detox methods. Some of the ones that apply for metals also apply to 'lyme die-off.'

Hope you feel better soon.

Claire

Kendrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kendrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A reaction to the dye seems more logical than kill off of some magnetic field.

Otherwise, we would all be trying to get MRI's all the time, and with the reaction to something I did/had(still can't piece together if MRI, Artemesia or what?), if it was killing Lyme, then we would all be cured with only a couple of MRI's.

Again, I had a MRI done without contrast and didn't have a reaction, since I had the bad reaction with contrast.

--------------------
Never walk through a cornfield backwards.

About me(Yahoo): http://360.yahoo.com/profile-NR1Y8cw6fqhtrewwItSlfsgQDIhaOojd

Posts: 315 | From Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

quote:
yes I had the dye! I felt really tired and sick the whole day after I had the MRI done, then the next night I woke up in screaming pain, ever since the MRI I have been in the dump.

I remember a while back, about 9 months ago I was in the ER for screaming pain (before lyme diagnoses and I had to have an MRI done with dye, I remember the day after the MRI I had to be hospitalized again becuase my case worsened 2x's finally they said there is nothing we can do and Cigna wont pay for anything else we do...

I kept telling my parents I dont want another MRI done and they forced me, now I am in a living hell

You had the dye well thats one more thing your body has to process and get rid of

Iam a firm believer in trying not to overload ones self anymore than we are already are to many body systems under stress as it is and iam not talking feelings iam saying the body can only process so fast and thats it

And if anybody doubts that just take a overdose of some pill it will cause death even asprin.

Its all about balance

My rant for the day [Big Grin]

--------------------

Newbie Links

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I talked to another lymie on the phone today that I know. he is being treated by my same LLMD but he is way further down the road than I am. He said when he had an MRI done he felt horrid for a week or more afterwards as well.

I read in Bryan Rosner's book that people have shown improvement from MRI's but he never said in the exact words "an MRI can cause a herx"

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I would think there's a big difference between an MRI and an MRI with contrast.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

treepatrol
Member # 4117

I have had plenty of MRI's while I was infected and I never got sick or herxed zilch.

Its the dye

--------------------

Newbie Links

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

He states in his first book Lyme and Rife in 2 different spots that people have shown improvement after an MRI. I'm waiting on a call back from my DOM since he knows everything under the sun in terms of alternative treatments.
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

My DOM finally called back and said it could have been a little bit of both... The dye and the magnetics.

He said the dye they use is highly toxic to the body and is a metal.
He also said the machine is wayyyy beyond more powerful than a mag. pulser you would buy of the internet and the fact that I was in the tube for 45minutes when the average mag. pulser only uses a small machine for about 2-5 minutes, then there is a possibility... We will never know, all we know is I need to get well! [Razz]

D Bergy
Member # 9984

People can be allergic to the dye, but this would likely cause an immediate reaction. I do not doubt the dye is not helping anyone. When the dye is used the magnetic field is fluctuated to produce the image. When no dye is used it is not fluctuated.

This is the only difference I have been able to find between dye and no dye.

However, a CT scan uses exactly the same dye, so I wonder if anyone has had a problem with CT scans?
It uses ionizing frequencies or X-Rays so the wave length is way too short to cause a herx.

This would rule the dye in or out, maybe.

Always more questions than answers. But, either way this could be very dangerous for someone in very poor health to begin with. I think there should be some kind of warning permanently posted somewhere. I can't imagine some people here even surviving some of the experiences reported in this thread.

Just my opinion.

D Bergy

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Well I have had alot of cat scans through the last 2 years and none of them have caused me problems... but I have reacted poorly to an MRI with dye and my lyme friend in town had just about the same experience I had!!!
D Bergy
Member # 9984

An interesting article that implicates a virus in some mental illness.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9808/31/depression.virus/

There possibly could be unknown viruses and/or bacteria behind other mental illnesses. I have heard that there are some researchers working on this hypothesis.

If it is true, this could also explain both the Herx in Lyme and improvement in Depression when exposed to an MRI. But, it is all just interesting
and strange occurances so far with no solid explanation. It would be nice to know if the improvement in Depression was long term or just a temporary condition.

I have some personal experience with this that makes me suspect the viral link could be true but nothing conclusive.

D Bergy

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

We need to contact bryan rosner about this... wonder how we can?
D Bergy
Member # 9984

I can E-mail Bryan. He is likely very busy so I do not know if he will respond..

Why don't you PM me with your questions and I will forward. I will let you know by PM if he responds. I don't want to clutter this forum with off topic stuff.

D Bergy

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Better yet PM Lymenet member #3632.

D Bergy

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Byron,

How are you using your GB for Lyme? I have lots of experience with the GB-4000 and Lyme, maybe I can help out.

How often are you using it?
Frequencies or frequency sets?
Reactions or lack of reactions
Have you tried Babesia frequencies.

I get the impression that you may be a minor.
If you are you should certainly run everything by your parents. I am assuming they are aware of your different treatments including Rife.

D Bergy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement