LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Muscle Twitching

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Muscle Twitching
yourtroubl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yourtroubl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you guys have this? I know everyone has it sometimes. But at times its really bothersome. I twitch in several places especially at my knee and in my shoulder.
Posts: 347 | From WV | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter and I have had it off and on.

It is going away with the abx treatment.

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had it bad before not bad at all now very rare since abx's since 2001

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the time. One of the few symptoms that never seems to improve even though I do overall...

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LZOChicago
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LZOChicago     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there -

I have had muscle twitching and occassionally get it again. Most times it is from a magnesium deficiency. It should subside when you take magnesium.

High amounts of magnesium cause bowel intolerance, so I take Metagenics Mag Glycinate. It is chelated to glycine so absorbed more like a protein. My twitching went away within a couple of days of taking it. Good luck!

Posts: 117 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6t5frlane
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6t5frlane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup.Calves are like a hammer !!
Posts: 355 | From NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"calves are like a hammer". I can relate to that. I get very tight muscles in hamstrings & calve areas & muscle twitches that go on for hours.

So far (1 year abx) nothing seems to help it.

Posts: 213 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KMP
Member # 9713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KMP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have also had some pretty frequent muscle twitching in my calves recently and have done better since uping my magnesium intake. Never had it before with any of the abx I have taken, but am on Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim (generic Bactrim) now for last 11 days.

--------------------
God's mercies are new every morning.

Karla

Posts: 85 | From KANSAS | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes and it gets worse with stress and anxiety. Cold weather also brings it on.

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathias
Member # 5298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have twitching similar to SForsgren. It happens all the time even though I'm 90-95% better.

If I recall correctly there was a post once about a woman who described her twitching as being pretty non stop and was one of her longest lasting and remaining symptoms. It finally ceased a few years after treatment was stopped.

--------------------
Mathias

Posts: 1242 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get twitching in my calves and thumb and eye lids. Geneal says I can count it as exercise since it burns calories.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattilynn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I twitch from head to toe all day, every day.
Posts: 340 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnesium! I twitch like crazy if I don't do my magnesium injections. When I was on IV, I got magnesium sulfate IV's 3x per week, and now off all meds I still do mag injections as needed. It totally stops the twitching. You have to build up your magnesium levels over time for the twitching to stop, and you can take oral mag as well. You'll know if you take too much you can get diarrhea. Just cut back. Ask your LLMD's for a rx for magnesium injections, they sting a bit but help tremendously! [Smile]

-

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gailsy
Member # 10536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gailsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have also had twitching, in arm and in face. And also have that leg thing at night which drives me crazy. It's not exactly that RLS they talk about. I have most of the problems with Lyme under control right now with a good schedule of pills but that twitching can drive you crazy. Keep the faith.

Gailsy [group hug]

Posts: 31 | From Bloomfield, New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IM magnesium is sold in boxes of twenty-five 2ml. vials for about $20.00. You can use a 3 ml. syringe and add 1 ml. of 1% lidocaine. It really reduces discomfort, which I would describe more as an ache than stinging. I use it as needed.

Magnesium is an antispasmotic and it's unclear to me whether the twitching is due to actual deficiency that is corrected by supplementing magnesium or if the twitching is just another neurological symptoms eased by the antispasmotic qualties of magnesium. Either way, it works for me and I probably take it about once every ten days.

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my gosh what didn't twitch!!! My eyebrows face arms legs whole body whole sides of body big huge twiches - wholebody twitches- small rippling twitches little back and forth twicthes, twitches twitches TWITCHES!!!! All gone
with IV Rocephin alhtough if I remember right that was ONE tiny imrpvoement I got on orals was a bunch of my rippling twitches responded (just them nothign else) to BIAXIN!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theviewfromthecurb
Member # 10310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for theviewfromthecurb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the twitching gets so bad that it keeps me up. its worse at the end of the day but still keeps constant. i think i just notice it more when i try to sleep. all of me twitches, even with jerky arm movements at worst... and when i try to sleep, my eyelids literally open and close... creepy and irritating!

good thing i'm in the middle of a divorce so its one less person to "oogle" over it!!! kidding-
(the oogle part)

I better start my mag. back up...

--------------------
well i know a disease that these doctors can't treat,
you contract on the day
you accept all you see...

Posts: 97 | From nor cal | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement