LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » NeuroLyme or Neurotoxin Symptom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NeuroLyme or Neurotoxin Symptom
FoggyInLA
Member # 11643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoggyInLA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that instability in my head where the "Lymie" thoughts want to come in but I have to literally push them out. I get that weird pressure buildup feeling and the white light flashes out of the corner of my eye. I've been on HEAVY abx for about a year now and I feel much better, but I had so many symptoms I'm not really sure what has cleared up, I do know that I still feel that though, what do you think???

--------------------
Current taking: Bactrim DS 3x Daily, Doxy 400mg 1x Daily, Rifampin 450mg (ramping up to 600mg) 1x Daily, Compounded Nystatin 150MU Caps 1x Daily, Plus supplements to come later.

Posts: 60 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoggyInLA
Member # 11643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoggyInLA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody????

--------------------
Current taking: Bactrim DS 3x Daily, Doxy 400mg 1x Daily, Rifampin 450mg (ramping up to 600mg) 1x Daily, Compounded Nystatin 150MU Caps 1x Daily, Plus supplements to come later.

Posts: 60 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were you ever treated for babesia or bart? Many co-infections can cause vibration sensations and migraines.
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you been checked for neurotoxins? There are some meds you can take that help rid your body of neurotoxins. The most reliable (but less fun) is Questron - developed by Dr. Shoemaker. I know I have a lot of neurotoxins so when I'm not on so many meds/supps I am going to do this.

There is a website where you can literally take an eye test to check for neurotoxins - it's about $9.00. It's legit - many Dr.s use it. Google "chronicneurotoxins". The test is called the VCS test (Visual Contrast Sensitivity Test)

[ 28. April 2007, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: mojo ]

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Foggy,

I got this big time when I was on Ketek after over a year of treatment. The thoughts, the flashes (well I've had those for awhile), etc. I still get it sometimes but like you say I have found it helps just to recognize the thoughts and push them out.

A.

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mojo, when you mention questron.....are you referring to Cholestyram powder (questran) ?

I did not realize that was developed by Shoemaker. Nor did I realize it was important for removing neurotoxins. I thought it was for the gut.

Maybe I'm confused and there are two different products?

Thanks a bunch.

Edited to ask, is it okay to take the questran near supplements and ABX? I did a search here and didn't really find an answer. We still have some questran, so I'm wondering if hubby shouldn't try it again to help during rifampin he's on now?

Again, thanks.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bumping for mojo
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird pressure in head is something my daughter experienced with POTS. It is much better.

An idea...

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nebula2005
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nebula2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI

Cholestyramine is a "bile sequestrant" usually it's used for high cholesterol, but Dr. Shoemaker uses it to pull toxins out of the digestive track.

You use it according to directions, between meals. It does have a lot of sugar in it, although I've read that you can get it formulated without sugar.

It made my symptoms worse for as long as I used it. I had to stop. Some people need a week of Actos before the CSM. I think I did, but my doctor skipped that for some reason.

Other things you could use for removing toxins are chlorella, activated charcoal, and apple pectin.

After so long on antibiotics, you may be right about having collected biotoxins.

Posts: 353 | From Florida boonies | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Thanks a bunch. I didn't understand about the neurotoxins, but think i've got it now.

Hubby does take 4 charcoal capsules every evening....so maybe he's okay without the questran?

Thanks.

FoggyInLA
Member # 11643

Thanks for the responses I actually did do the CSM Treatment before the ABX. It helps alot and cleared many symptoms. However since my head was sooo Foggy I still really had little clue as to what was exactly going on. Now I have a really good idea, and reading these boards has helped immensely.

I tested negative for Babesia but but doc gave be Mepron with Zithromax first,and then switched to Biaxin and then now Ketek and I am still on Mepron which really helps. Even a year later. So year it could be that too.

I find that to a degree you can teach your mind to filter the thoughts out so well that you can actually have a pretty decent day, although the ABX so an even better job.

I know I will have to take CSM again once I am through with the ABX the question is that I don't know when exactly. I am currently taking Namenda which turns off on the neurotransmitters that are affected by Neurotoxins. This also really helps, but with what Symptom's? I'm am still unsure. From the posts it seems that most people say Neurotoxins, but the ABX still really helps, by the end of the day with all my ABX taken I can actually kinda sleep, only to wake up Fogged again until I start the ABX routine up once more.

--------------------

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Hope you feel better.

I don't know why my husband hasn't been given Mepron. Dr C hasn't mentioned it, best I can remember.

Does Dr C not use Mepron these days?

CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Head pressure IMO tends to be either straight Lyme or Babesiosis!!! Wish you well with whatever it is!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement