LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » chemo and lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: chemo and lyme
geden13*
Member # 11659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for geden13*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone here know if chemo therapy will do anything to rid me of those lyme critter's?(keet's)

--------------------
gary d norbut

Posts: 7 | From buck's county, pa | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
methotrexate has been used for fibro
with some success.

chemo is a nasty drug and kills everything ,nothing specific.
it really destroys your immune system.

docdave [shake]

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You dont wanna be on chemo unless your life depends on it, SOME VERY ROUGH STUFF!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
geden13*
Member # 11659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for geden13*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my life does depend on it....

--------------------
gary d norbut

Posts: 7 | From buck's county, pa | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If chemo worked than I think our llmd would be on board.
I beleive the best way to eradicate this disease is long term abx treatment.

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, if chemo worked the LLMD's would be onto it.

I think the best treatment is long term abx plus probiotics, supplements, herbs, saunas, etc. The objective being to kill the bugs while building the immune system.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
geden13*
Member # 11659

i was wondering if it had a positive side effect..killing the keet's...i have esophageal carcinoma....was hopeing good might come out of my whole mess.just thinking to much. thankyou for your replie's.. be well , gary

--------------------
gary d norbut

breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,
MY husband was diagnosed with esophageal adenocarcinoma in 08/05.
We have run the gauntlet and he is doing extemely well...he's had chemo, radiation and the Ivor Lewis surgery.
email or call me. I know that John would be glad to offer any support or information that he can. Seeing the right doctor's is very important in that this cancer is rare and seeing the experienced guys is critical. We were told by Stanford to go home and die. We then went to UCSF and his care there has been phenomenal. My cousin has connections at MD Anderson and the said to go to UCSF if we are closer to there than Houston, that they are collaborating with docs there and that the care there for EC is excellent. It is.

We are also on a list serve for EC that is extremely helpful...

http://www.eccafe.org/

You can link to the list serve from Cathy's EC Cafe on the ACOR group website.

My hubby had lyme four years ago...treated with three months of doxy and was fine...our doc thinks he got it from me...sexual transmission...

We have had many talks about chemo and lyme treatment being similar in the worst of the herxes...and how I would gladly go through a round of 5FU if it would clobber the lyme bugs...

Carol Ann

I'll send you a private message with our phone number and email

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, several chemo agents were originally developed as antibitoics...

There is no way that a LLMD would offer chemo for lyme at this point in time...The flack over long term antibiotics is intense.

They would lose their licenses if they prescirbed chemo for us.

There may be a benefit to using chemo agents for widely disseminated lyme, but it won't be tried in this atmosphere.

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're going to have to have chemo anyway, then I hope it does kill the bugs. [Smile] Good luck. I'm sorry you're dealing with both Lyme and cancer. [Frown]

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement