LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » headaches, ear ringing and new symptoms...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: headaches, ear ringing and new symptoms...
trueblue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7348

Icon 2 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to be a pest but I don't know what this really is or how to stop it.

A few weeks ago I started getting an increase in ear ringing. It's not my usual background, in my head, noise. It's louder and of higher pitch and somewhat intermittent.

If I lay down, the ear on the pillow is making the loudest noise.

I've developed some new type of headache with face, ear, eye, jaw, temple, forehead and neck pressure adn pain. It radiates all over my body. It may be hormonal but is not like an hormonal migraine.

Fevers have returned, eyeballs burning intensely, chapped lips, hearing and vision even more super sensitive than usual. Hot face, red palms, especially in the evening. Difficulty using hands and wrists.

Ok, I know some of this is herxy. I am concerned about the new stuff, especially the headache and ear things. I stopped my ABX a few days ago and hope this will clear but so far no change in these symptoms. I went to the chiro today hoping he could relieve some of the pressure. It seems to have helped a tiny bit.

Um... Anyone have any idea how to get the head pressure and ear ringing to lessen?

Any background noise is becomming unbearable. (I have had noise sensitivity before and this is worse... afraid to try ear plugs with all this high pitched noise in my head.)

I'm sorry this probably sounds like a minor annoyance. We all have much worse things to deal with. I know I do. This is just one of the things pushing me towards the edge, lately.

Thank you for any suggestions. I'm at a loss.

(So far the best suggestion I've read, ok... the most appealing is Halvah. It sounds like sesame seeds might be helpful.) [lick]

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Trueblue-I just ate some sesame chicken-how's the ear ringing now?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a little more; I think it might be working! [lol]

--------------------
more light, more love

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lioness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lioness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had/have all the same symptoms.

The ringing sounds like tinnitus (I really thought I was going to lose my mind from this). My doctor prescribed Ativan, and it helped some but also made me sleepy).

As far as the pressure, pain and burning. That could be from nerves. There are meds for it, but they do have side effects.

I use a Chiropractor and massage therapy to keep things from sticking and nerves being trapped. It helps a lot with my head and ear pain and pressure.

You can try warm, moist heat on your ears. Try heating a moist pad in the microwave and place it over your ears (well, one at a time and not too hot), or under the ear you are lying on.

Another thing to try is hold your ears right above where an earring would go in. Gently pull out to the sides and slightly back at the same time (don't yank) Hold it like that for a count of 30 or so, then slowly let your ear lobes slip through your finger tips releasing your ears.

My massage therapist taught me that. I can't remember what he said the reason was, but it does something and it does help. Just be sure that you don't yank and you don't need to pull that hard.

Drink a lot of water too. I find when I am dehydrated my "nerve type" pain gets worse.

I also take vicodin. It helps, but w/o the side effects.

Posts: 240 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Lioness!

Now that you mention it. When I take xanax at bedtime it's not there.

I have had nerve pain before and still do but of a different variety. I am buzzing in all the connective tissue or something around my bones.

I'll try the warm compress, I'd not have thought of that. [Smile]

I just tried the earlobe pulling. That opens one and closes the other. I'll have to practice.

But...
It also reminded me of PTs of the past. I have tried the thing they do during cranio-sacral massage. The one where they put their fingers in the hollow of you ear cartiledge and pull out and slightly back, that helps. (At least while I'm doing it.)

The other thing I forgot is... You can press your thumb into the roof of your mouth, on the same side as the thumb, toward the back, that makes the eustation tube drain.

I'm gonna try all those, thank you. [Smile]

The only thing I think I left out in my first post was the feeling like I was tripping in a tunnel type of vertigo... sure makes one nauseous. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
more light, more love

Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing that worked for me was continual abx.

Sorry I have no magic to stop it right now... it really is a pain.

Take Care,
Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Thanks Lisi,

The problem is many of these are new symptoms coming 4 months into treatment. This time for Babs. (The last time I treated in earnest (other then 2 months last year) was 1996.)

I don't know. I'm trying to clear it and get going again. I tend to go toxic on ABX, nowadays, alright, for the last 10 years.

The ear ringing and head pressure seem to get slightly better at night when the fever comes on full. [Roll Eyes] pfft...

--------------------
more light, more love

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had symptoms like yours, my tinnitus isn't as bad as yours but I do have it. I have a chronic headache that radiates from the top of the neck all the way to just about the front of my head. I have been to 3 different chiro's and physical therapist... None could do anything for me! Hopefully my chronic nausea and headache will end some day...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polar blast
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polar blast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the ear that was on the pillow made a loud noise like a ding ding ding...it was awful...it is lyme or the coinfections..dont be worryed..
eric

Posts: 593 | From long island ny | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trueblue said:

quote:
The ear ringing and head pressure seem to get slightly better at night when the fever comes on full. pfft...
Maybe there is something to this... our bodies induce fever to fight infection. HEAT!!!

Daily sauna at a local health club? Hot baths? Anything to sweat out the toxins, perhaps.

Just a thought, not medical advice.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Sorry Byron,
I know this sucks. Eventually the meds will work. I've done this before and know it happens. It just hasn't happened for me in a long time.

My problem here is I never got a chance to treat Babesia before and it's completely different. It's like treating Lyme with a freaking scary exhausting twist of bizarrity.

I have been sick for, I think, 25 years and was treated for 3-4 about 10 years ago. After that treated badly by new doc and had treatments pulled, was given overdoses and generally mishandled until I just gave up and stopped bothering at all.

My loads are all astronomical, I would imagine. I have more coinfections I had no clue about and I feel like this is my last chance.

Sorry, to go off there...

I have found the same as you PT, massagge, chiro... none actually help much and most make me worse and need a week to recover. Energy therapies, where you are barely, or not, touched work best on me. Unfortunately, I have neither a therapist or anyone esle to do these things and cannot pay for them and meds at the same time.

blah, blah, blah... Sorry

I hope things start turning around for you soon. And take me with you, ok? [Cool]

I miss your runnning picture.

--------------------
more light, more love

trueblue
Member # 7348

quote:
Originally posted by polar blast:
I had the ear that was on the pillow made a loud noise like a ding ding ding...it was awful...it is lyme or the coinfections..dont be worryed..
eric

Yikes, if it starts dinging too! [Eek!] Oh, no! What change do you think meade it stop? Or was it just one of those thing that comes and goes at it pleases, so it seems?

hey...
Do you ever wake up to the sound of pots and pans being clanged? It happens to me every so often. I wonder who the heck is messing in the cupboard with the pans. Freaky thing!

And thank you, Eric!

--------------------
more light, more love

trueblue
Member # 7348

Thanks Claire,

It's a good thought!

I am, unfortunately, completely heat intolerent. [Frown]
They say this will stop once the Babs is treated.

The best I can do is a 97 degree hot tub about once every few weeks.

I know there's got to be another way.

A lot of the pain and achiness is the fever trying to come on, daily. I am always relieved when one does. I don't know if the weird headache and fullness is related or not.

--------------------
more light, more love

Nebula2005
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nebula2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ringing about drives me insane.

On top of feeling like I've been poisoned or am going through the worse hangover ever and I've been hit by a truck.

My ears MOVE. I can feel the muscles in my head move. My cheeks twitch. I get noises like Morse Code, and repetitive keyboard notes, but this only in my right ear, which doesn't hurt or move as much as my left.

There's always at least one background noise. Like high tension wire whine, motor vibration like something leaning against the refrigerator, cicadas singing, air pushing out of a tire hole.

My ears jump at the slightest sound.

And my neck is hot, and very stiff. It makes outrageous cracking noises. My jaw gets stiff and my teeth hurt. My eyes are red. My shoulders ache.

I sometimes wonder how anyone could feel any worse than this.

Except, I'm not dizzy nor am I nauseated. I've never lost my hearing. I am grateful for this!

I've not been treated for babs. Do you think treating the babesia after having it so so long is what's making you worse?

I know, like me, you are very sensitive to ABX.

If that's it, then it should help to back off a little. [hi]

Posts: 353 | From Florida boonies | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Oh Nebula... I feel your pain and twitching and noises. I get a deep inside the ear twitch (only one ear at a time though) and sounds like morse code (not so much this week with the new noises). Heh, when it does that I can see my ear moving in the mirror.

And if I try to use an ear bud for the phone it can spit it out without warning. I try not to use them when that's happening.

My hearing if anything is more acute. And I am thankful for that, the hearing I mean, very. (well, except for things being so loud they hurt)

I think treating anything after being sick for so long would probably be nightmarish. (I figure I was treated for 3 years initially and then had 2 years worth of ABX over the next 11 years. Can you spell undertreatment. [Wink]

Babs does seem very different. My Lyme, Babs and most likely Bart (and whatever else) loads are likely sky high so it's hard to say. I suspect I'm getting hit from all sides.

I agree, I think backing down and going back at it soon is my best bet.

Thanks, I hope it all stops soon for us all. [kiss]

--------------------
more light, more love

Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What abx's are you on?
Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Hi other Blue [Smile]

I was on Amoxy and switched it out for a small dose of Zith about 3 weeks ago.

I'm on 1/Malarone, 2/Artemisinin and 2/Famvir

The new headaches started while still on the Amoxy as did the head pressure. I'm not sure about the ear noise. Starting the Zith relieved the unbearable low backache I had on the Amoxy. The headache was also worse but different on Amoxy.

--------------------
more light, more love

Nebula2005
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nebula2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear true

Your comiseration is so welcome. I'm feeling so sorry for myself today that I want to weep. Only it hurts my eyes too bad. I'm sorry you have to back off your treatment--we just want so badly to get well, but what's the point if the herxing reaches the danger point.

I don't know if I'm feeling bad from some sarsaparilla I took on MONDAY or if the germs are launching another assault.

I'm going to make myself a cup of coffee, sit down and keep trying.

[kiss] right back at you.

Posts: 353 | From Florida boonies | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

-

Let's blame the sarsaparilla! [Wink]
I hope it's better soon.

-

--------------------
more light, more love

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement