LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I feel terrible

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I feel terrible
lymeladyinNY
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10235

Icon 9 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on 250 mg levaquin 4 days a week, 3 weeks per month. It still seems like too much. The good thing about it is that my severe muscle spasms are reduced to almost none, but dear God, I'm HURTING.

I told my husband I really think I'm dying. I'm dizzy, nauseous, but the worst symptom is it feels like I have burning glass shards in every cell of my body. I feel like the burning shards are being carried around in my blood vessels. I also have a massive headache that starts behind my eyes and extends down the back of my neck.

I know levaquin has some really bad side effects but I DO think I need it because cipro and rifampin didn't do a thing for me. Levaquin seems to be the only drug that stops my terrible all-body muscle spasms. I'm just so miserable and felt like venting.

I talked to my sister today and she asked me if I've bought my cemetery plot yet. She was serious. She wants me to be sure I'll be close to our mother when the time comes.

How depressing. [Frown]

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I'm in the wrong forum - this is not really a medical question. Hope no one cares.

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is in the right forum I would say.

I am on Rifampin, and I am sick.
I know or I think I have felt like you, I wanted to commit suicide. I know the feeling I think,

It is horrid, I know, and I dont think one shoudl have to feel that way, for so long, if it is once in awhile, then ok, but not each day,

possibly the dose is too high?

Someone else will come around to talk to you, they always do, that is what is so great about this place. they have been where you have, and they can

comfort you but letting you know, by saying...

HEY, I have been there and this is what it was for me, maybe you too. [Smile]

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never done levaquin but doxy and mino do me in-so I refuse to take them anymore-IV Rocephin seems to have done the most for me-and I just toughed out two weeks of Flagyl-which actually hasn't been as bad as previously.

Dizzy and nauseous are so not fun and scary when they are unrelenting. Hope things improve for you.

Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi lady; wow, you've been knocked for a loop haven't you? so sorry to read your post and your feeling like dying.

sister had bad timing but her sincerity was real.

may the rest of your weekend go much better for you! thoughts, prayers, and [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear LymeladynNY,

I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly.

The rifampin I am on is almost doing me in....

I tried levaquin but had such incredible insomnia and heart racing....

I get terrible leg and foot cramps nightly with the rifampin, plus bladder spasms too.

This treatment is NOT for the faint of heart...

The comment your sister made, sounds like something my sisters would say,

Before adding what they want me to leave them.

You hang in there. It is so hard to see the light at the

End of the tunnel when you are surrounded by black.

Have faith...Believe that it is there and your dark days of pain and despair will come to an end and you will get better.

I am praying for you.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:
FYI-

1. We do NOT put anyone in jail or charge fines for posting in the wrong section. If we did.. I would be serving a life sentence and would owe more than the national debt.

That's true!! [lol]

Hey Lymelady....I hope you can get off that Levaquin soon. It sounds horrible. Is depression one of the side effects?

I hope you turn the corner SOON!!! We hate to see you so miserable!!
[group hug] lady [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup...I see you are not accepting private messages. Your response to that hurting woman put a knot in my stomach.

Lymelady, I hope you return, you need to be here and get support. The cure for this disease is as bad as the bug itself, sometimes. But, we're here to ride this journey with you.

Kelmo

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polar blast
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polar blast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am about to start levaquin..I used it about two years ago and I could NOT take the wierd dizzyness..is is very hard to take..I have not started out yet on it because it really stirs things up..you may want to switch to cipro..that is what I may do..I cant afford to feel like that..
eric

Posts: 593 | From long island ny | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you are feeling so bad.

I hope you feel better soon.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To those who are supportive, thank you. I feel some better today after sleeping the day away.

What I don't understand are the comments about Tincup's response? [confused]

It must have been bad because I don't see it here.

Thanks to all, but I may not be on the board as much as I was. I just don't feel well.

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup uses humor to try to cheer people up. Some took it the wrong way. I think lymelady would have seen the humor and chuckled! Just my humble opinion! [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egotlyme
Member # 11951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for egotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new to this, but I would like to let you know that I am praying for all of us. I am so sick these days.I was bitten by a tick 11/05 and it wasn't diagnosed until 05/06.I've only been given 14 days of doxy.

I have been back and forth to my doctor and they swear my illness is all psychological. I can't sleep at night, all my joints hurt, I'm dizzy,nauseaous,and just fatigued.

I don't know of any llmds here in Ca. I hope I can find the resources that I need from this site.

Again, I am praying for all of you and ask that you do the same for me. God bless all of you and hope that there is a healing in the mix for all of us.

Posts: 10 | From san diego california | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
egotlyme -- from what I have read here on lymenet, there are some good LLMD's in California. Did you post a request for names in the Seeking Doctors forum?

You also might PM JillE. She may be of some help as she lives in the same area (I think that is what I remember).

People can and do get well, but the process can be quite difficult at times and may involve a certain degree of trial and error. I really believe that when one door closes another will open, usually, in the form of a change in dose or a new medicine or remedy that is better tolerated, etc. We all need to keep thinking positive thoughts.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there,

Glad to see you came back! I think folks were afraid I said things that were insensitive and that is what kept you away and you were upset about it.

Because of their fears and comments I deleted my posts in the event you thought I was being nasty too.

Just to ease your mind... I was goofing around and said stupid stuff like the laws of Roostertown, Texas (no such place) say that if you post in the wrong section again on the board you would have fines up to $500.00 to pay... and would have to go to jail for up to 5 years. (I HOPE you know that isn't true!! I was kidding.)

[Eek!]

I also said you would be punished by Lyme Net for not putting your post in the "Most Depressing Post for a Saturday Night Section" on the board... which of course there is no such thing.

[lol]

And by posting in the Medical Section -which IS exactly the place to post this by the way- you would have to go to your room.... and you wouldn't be allowed to have any ice cream for at least 1/2 of a day.

[Razz]

Oh.. and of course I made sure you knew that I am a good girl and I NEVER post in the wrong section.... HA!

As Tutu and others know... I am actually the WORST about doing that and I am the first to admit it... so my comments weren't meant to be mean... not at all.

My point was... I am sorry you were feeling so down in the dumps and although I had no medical advise to offer off the top of my head.. I did try to let you know you weren't alone last night.. and that someone did care.

Sorry it wasn't pleasing to others.. but I really didn't mean it to be rude .. and I don't think I ever have purposely said something ugly and hateful to someone who was truly feeling this bad. Sorry my message was misunderstood.

Oh... I did reply to your activist (letter writing) post over in the General Section right before I posted here at this one last night.. so be sure to check it too.

Feel better soon.. little baboon!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

***I don't know of any llmds here in Ca. I hope I can find the resources that I need from this site.***

Post over in Seeking a Doctor.

**Again, I am praying for all of you and ask that you do the same for me. God bless all of you and hope that there is a healing in the mix for all of us. ***

Will do!!

Wild Condor's Links and information:
http://www.wildcondor.com/lymelinks.html

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

egotlyme
Member # 11951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for egotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new to this, but I would like to let you know that I am praying for all of us. I am so sick these days.I was bitten by a tick 11/05 and it wasn't diagnosed until 05/06.I've only been given 14 days of doxy.

I have been back and forth to my doctor and they swear my illness is all psychological. I can't sleep at night, all my joints hurt, I'm dizzy,nauseaous,and just fatigued.

I don't know of any llmds here in Ca. I hope I can find the resources that I need from this site.

Again, I am praying for all of you and ask that you do the same for me. God bless all of you and hope that there is a healing in the mix for all of us.

Posts: 10 | From san diego california | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Thanks for the explanation, Tincup.

I still feel crappy tonight.

Good night, All!! [sleepy]

--------------------
I want to be free

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hope your health turns around soon! [group hug] [kiss]
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
egotlyme,

Definitely you need to fire the doctor and seek an LLMD.

Staying with the duck just waste time and deteriorate your health.

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, see a good Lyme doc. It made me so sad to hear how much pain you were enduring. I watch my daughter in pain, and it breaks my heart.

But, she is herxing, and that is pain with a purpose. Just suffering without moving forward is hopeless.

Take care
Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement