LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I feel like I am running out of options .... ALL replies welcome ... gigi ? marnie ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I feel like I am running out of options .... ALL replies welcome ... gigi ? marnie ?
robi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like I have run the gamut........... long term abx, hers, rife, etc, etc.

I know I have not been rifing long enough so I will keep on with that. I feel like nothing really works though. Many people are better in a year or two. Here I am 3 years into to treatment. Still feeling like crap and getting worse (maybe its a herx, yeah right). I have been to several LLMD's btw. Yes, they help but i do not think drugs are the answer and that is what MD's have to offer.

So anyway, I went to lecture last week by this guy.
http://www.herbsoflight.com/bio.php

He suggested giving up all animal products. One should eat veggies, nuts, sprouts, limited fruit, limited gluten free grains (basically brown rice and millett). Fresh veggie juice (16 oz.) 2 x a day, everyday.

I spoke with another person today that told me I should be on an alkaline diet, No meat protein. This seems in line with the above suggestion since meat is acid forming.

I eat lots of veggies and only granny smith apples for fruit. I already eat low carb. Use stevia .no sugar or artificial sweetner. No caffine, etc.

So anyway, I was wondering if there is anyone out there on Lymenet that does eat a COMPLETELY animal product free diet (including dairy), little to no gluten and no sugar.

So, you would be eating veggies, healthy fats (oils), brown rice, some fruit.

I have heard if the body is alkaline then bacteria cannot live in that environment. Period. ............... is that true? This is a difficult diet to implement but I am willing if it will help me get better cause I am just so sick of this already!

It was also suggested that I use zinc to help free up mercury and to chelate.

Anyone?

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were you, I would call a psychic medium that you heard helped others with health problems, or other very tough to figure out problems they were having,
or a WELL known Medical intuitive.

I did this when I was not knowing what was wrong with me, and the Medium told me she felt it was lyme, I was also told by the medium I needed certain herbs to detox, she gave me the names, which just totally made me believe in here after I felt the effects of the herbs and how much better I felt, it was UNREAL, I still had trouble believing I had lyme, I thought it may be that she was wrong, and I had something LIKE

lyme, which I also had babesia, but still, I had never heard much of lyme and had NO idea how
much damage it could do to a person, and I needed something for the depression the medium said,

this call saved my life, really.

I had previously a few years before this, went to a local psychic who told me I had a spell on me, and I spent lots of money trying to get rid of it, BUT I never got better.
I was desperate, and this did not work, but the next time I telephoned this medium, because a friend

told me to, and actually paid the bill, I was helped, immensely.

I believe that at times these calls are very worth it.

Trish

[ 12. June 2007, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Health ]

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Robi,

The is a new HBOT center that opened in Annandale,Va. In case that you consider hyperbaric oxygen.

The lady that runs the center works with a holistic practicianer who has a history of lyme.

Let me know if you would like to get their contact information. I do not know what her prices are. I know that they are very kind and caring people..

Kind Regards,

Julia

--------------------
Please consult your LLMD before making any changes to your treatment regimen.

Posts: 641 | From NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is actually a mild hbot chamber in Richmond. Anadale is about 2 hours from me. Is mild hbot effective?

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Emailing

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by robi:

So anyway, I was wondering if there is anyone out there on Lymenet that does eat a COMPLETELY animal product free diet (including dairy), little to no gluten and no sugar.

I think that breakthechains is a vegan.

He has spoken about it at chat sometimes.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Robi,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are at that point. I'm three years into treatment, too - some things are better, some are much, much worse, so I can relate.

I do have one acquaintance who is doing Salt/C as her primary protocol - in fact, it's the only one she has ever been on, and she is making slow, steady progress. The herxes are really nasty, but when I hear how she is now, compared to when she started, it's impressive.

I have never tried the protocol, but she posts on the LymeStrategies group.

In terms of HBOT, there was a woman I spoke to twice on the phone whose case history was on the website for the HBOT center here in San Diego. She had a remarkable success and is always willing to talk to other patients. I could put you in touch with her if you'd like.

Zinc is one of those supplements where too little or too much can weaken the immune system, so be careful and just don't do big doses.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some other options to consider, in addition to your current treatment, if you have not tried these yet:

1. check for food allergies and eliminate from diet, or do an alergy elim program

2. treat or remove any infected or problem teeth that might be compromising the immune system.

3. remove amalgams and do mercury detox

4. get on a strict sleep and rest hygiene program

5. consider salt/C and minerals for parasite cleanse

6. try raising your body temp with hot tub or sauna

7. try the Sota SP lite blood cleaner

8. watch comedy and find ways to laugh your head off every day

Best wishes for your healing!

bejoy

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bejoy:
laugh your head off every day

Not like anyone asked me but... that's my favorite piece of advice!

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
robi~ Have you been tested for viruses? They can mimic lyme, and all the antibiotics in the world won't kill them off.

See www.hhv-6foundation.org Scroll down and read about the Stanford press release.

Consider getting tested for HHV-6, EBV and others.

See thread at lymenet about Stanford Study.

Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

have ebv and parvo ....negative on the others
taking valtrex..........over a year now and ebv still going strong

--------------------

HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is really bewildering how many things one might try in the battle with Lyme, Etcetera!

The most important element: NEVER give up!
Choose the next line of attack based on 1) reasonableness, based on what you've experienced, 2) reports of others who have tried that approach, 3) opinions of those who are supposed to know about such things, 4) actual proof (i.e., concrete results you've seen from something you've tried.)

Do consider the possibility of "co-infections" that may have been missed; you may have already done this as much as possible; if so, look for other elements that may help, such as diet, rest and general lifestyle etc.

Try to do as much as you can. One of my "personal incantations" fighting lyme was, "The more you do the better you get." To "jumpstart" that process, I found various elements helpful, including 'nutrijoint' sulfate supplements, sauna, and being sure I got enough rest.

I wish you noticeable improvement soon!

DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robi, not as if I had not mentioned that before:
you can't detox heavy metals or chelate metals with zinc.

I would highly recommend that you find someone that does the LED (Laser Energetic Detoxification). Read the Explore article on Scott Forsgren's website. Here is another short version of how it's done www.comprehensivenaturopathy.com - click on "modalities".

With this technique anything that is hanging up and stopping you from getting well is found and you will then know that you are not walking in the dark -- guessing at this co-infection or at that toxin. I wished this much quicker method had been available when I went through this.

If you have not looked at the underlying problems of Lyme, you have not looked in the right places.
Someone posted here a few days ago (I think it was Chroniccosmic) saying that she found an LED practitioner. I have seen the technique in great detail at a seminar with Dr. L.C. in 2004 and just a few weeks ago again. He is now teaching it here and abroad.

Please look into it - it will point you in the right direction.

Knowing what I know about you, I can't imagine that it hinges on food intake, etc. Rather look for the auto immune problems mentioned in the LED; and look for sulfa drug residuals that stop almost any detox cold in its tracks.

Don't play with zinc, etc! That is not the way to attack the metal problem. When known what it is that is holding you back, the LED people are well trained to guide you. There is not a human living on this planet that has not absorbed some of the environmental toxins ---

Sorry you have to listen to my old violin -- but that's the way it is - every patient that comes in to see Dr. K. or any of the practitioners that I communicate with --- it's always the same story:
detox the metals and the remaining microbes are forced out also. As long as you have any heavy metals in you in certain places (hormone producing sites), healing won't happen. A heavy metal toxic body grows candida and fungi as fast as possible -- thereby saving itself. You can go on an antifungal diet and starve yourself of good foods - as long as metals are in there, your body makes sure the fungi regrows to assure your survival. The fungi may be making your life just as miserable, but it's better than being dead.
The metals would kill us - were it not for the fungi. Dr. K. published this in the early nineties --- "Amalgam/Mercury Detox as a Treatment of Chronic Viral, Bacterial, and Fungal Illness" find it on www.mercuryexposure.org/index

Also read the Dr. K./ Patricia Kane lecture on that site.

If you wonder where you get mercury, look here:

The Doormouse said "Name everything that begins with M."
First remove the source of mercury exposure

Sources of Mercury
Adhesives
Agricultural chemicals
Air conditioner filters
Alchemy
Alloys
Alum hematoxylin
Amalgam
Anatomical preservative
Antifouling paints
Anti-mildew paints
Antinuclear antibody buffer
Antiparasitic powder
Antique red
Antiseptic
Aqueous red mercury blister (mercuric iodide)
Arsenic-calcium reagent 260 ppm
Atomic shields
Auto exhaust
Barometers
Batteries
Alkaline
Nickel Cadmium
Mercuric oxide
Bilge pump
Bilirubin blue lamp
Bleached flour
Blood Bank Saline
Blood gas analyzer
Bronzing
Bougie Tube (used in medical procedures for esphageal dilation)
Bow stabilizer (archery)
Bubble/trap (laboratory use)
B5 Fixative
Cajal's
Calomel
Camco
Canter tubes
Carbol-Fuchin Gram Stain (laboratory use)
Carbol Gentian Violet Stain (laboratory use)
Cardiac catherization syringe
Carnoy-Lebrun fixative
Catalysts
Cathode tubes
Caustic soda
CA125 test
Centifuges
Cesium internal Std
Clostridium difficile EIA
Channing's solution
Chemical reagent
Child immunization shots
China
Chinese medicine
Cinnabar
Circuitry
printed circuit board mount
8/11 pin mount
Mounted control
Cleaning Solvents
Ajax Powder
Comet Cleaner
Lysol Direct
Soft Scrub
Alconox Soap
Derma Scrub
Dove Soap
Ivory Dishwashing
Liquid Joy Dishwashing
Liquid Murphy's Oil Soap
Soft Dish soap
Cidex
Coal
Coal fired power plants
Cold cathode lamp
Colorimetric chloride analysis
Commercial cleaning bleach
Commercial cleaning detergent
Commercial cleaning scouring powder
Commercial cleaning soap
Cosmetics
CPK Reagent 2.7ppm
Crystalloid
Dairy barn manometers (tube type)
DC watt hour meters (discontinued)
Dental amalgams: mercury content
Dental amalgam capsules
Dental amalgam sewage
Dental amalgam waste water
Depolarizer (batteries)
Developers
Diffussion pump (laboratory/educational use)
Dip-a-way (merbromin) aquarium systems
Diptheria vaccine
Disinfectant
Displacement/plunger relay
Drinking water (tap/well)
Drugs and Vaccines: mercury content
DC watt hour meters
Dyes
Electric relays
Electric switches
Electrolysis (cathode)
Electronics
Electron microscope
Electroplating aluminum
Embalming
Engraving
Epstein Barr Virus Buffer
ESA Model 3010B Lead Analyzer Electrode
Esophageal dilators
Etch-a-sketch
Excitatrons
Exhaust fumes
Explosives
Eye area cosmetics up to 65 ppm
Fabric softeners
Feeding Tubes
Felt
Fertilizers
Finger print powder
Fish: mercury content
Fixatives
Flame sensor
safety valve
stainless steel bulb
capillary tube
bellows/control device
standing pilot
electronic Ignition pilot
ovens
ranges
commercial griddle
unit heaters
industrial oven
furnaces
infrared heaters
cycle pilot devices
Flooring - Gymnasium Flooring installed during the early 1970's contained a mercury catalyst and other rubber tracks and sports surfaces (3M Tartan Track).
Floor waxes
Flow meters
Flu shots: mercury content
Fluorescent lights
General purpose
U-bent
Circuline
Compact
High output
Bilirubin blue
Blacklight
Bug zapper
FTA buffer
Fuel cells
Fume exhaust ventilation hoods
Fungicides
Mildewcide
Latex paint
Outdoor fabric treatment
Marine anti-fouling paint pre 1970
Furs
Gas meter pressure device
Gel electrophoresis
General purpose lamp
Germicidal lamps
Hot cathode
Cold cathode
Slimline
Giardia EIA
Gilding
Glue
Gold mining
Golgi's
Gomori's
Gram iodine stain
Group A Strep ID
Gun powder
Gyroscopes
Haemophilus vaccine
Hair tonics
Hardening processes
Harris hematoxylin
Haymen diluting fluid
Headlights xenon-mercury-halide
Heavy metals
Hellys fixative
Hepatitis vaccine
Hepatitis B core (test)
Hepatitis C (test)
Hepatitis B (test)
Hepatitis B Ag & Ab (test)
Herpes EIA Buffer
High intensity discharge lamps
High output lamp
High pressure sodium lamps
Histology
Histology stains
Hitachi chem analyzer
HIV (test)
Homeopathics 17 compounds
Hot cathode lamp
Hydrometers
Hydroxyl phenol
Ignitrons
Industrial Boilers
Iodine stain
Influenza vaccine
Insecticides
Intensifier in photography
Inverters
Jewelry (reported from Mexico)
Lamps (mercury arc)
Latex Paint
Laxatives
L A Gear "My Lil Lights" pre 1994 shoes
Lead analyzer electrode
Lighthouse lamp bearing
Lithium (test)
Lyme buffer
Manometers
Mascara
Medical analytical instruments
Medical auto analyzers
Medical waste incinerators
Merbromin used in plastic surgery
Mercuric chloride peritoneal lavage in cancer surgery
Mercurochrome
Mercury ammonium chloride
Mercury arc
Mercury barometer
Mercury bromide
Mercury chloride
Mercury fluoride
Mercury fulminate
Mercury iodide
Mercury hydride
Mercury nitrate
Mercury oxide
Mercury sulfide
Mercury selenide
Mercury telluride
Mercury vapor ultraviolet spectral lamp
Metal halide lamps
Metalloid
Metamorphic
Metexchange reagent
Methiolate
Methylmercury hydroxide
Miller Abbott Tubes
Milton's reagent
Mucolex
Municipal Waste Combustors
Nasal Spray
Neon lamps (except red, orange, pink)
Nessler's reagent
Nitrogen-ammonia
Nuclear coolants
Ohlamacher fixative
Ophthalmic products (preservative)
Optic sensors
Oscifactors
Oscillators
Paint indoors before 1990
Paint outdoors before 1991
Parasitology trichrome stain
Pastes
Pertussis vaccine
Pesticides (food use pre 1995)
Ph buffers
Phanotron
Pharmaceutical preservatives
Phenylmercuric acetate
Phenylmercuric nitrate
Photoprocessing solutions
Pigments
Reds
Oranges
Cadmium
Automobile
Auto parts
Vinyl
ABS
Polycarbonate
Cadmium sulfide based pigments
Catalysts, urethane and vinyl
Polymer curing
Acetylene Production
Production of vinyl from acetylene
Anthraquinone production
Battery electrode
Battery anti-gassing
Pipes
Dental Office
Laboratory
Schools
Deposits at the bottom, low spots or tillage. Examine mud deposits. Cutting pipes will vaporize mercury
Plastics
Plants
Plumbing-piping
Pharmaceuticals
Phenylmercuric acetate (latex paint)
Polishes
Pollution
Porcelain
Potions
Precision reagent 24ppm
Pregnancy kit preservative
Preservatives
Printing
Processed foods
Progesterone
Protein precipitation
Protein test
Pulp
Pyrometers
Quackery
Quicksilver
Quicksilver Maze (toy)
Rabies vaccine
Radar
Radio
Radiometer gas analyzer reference electrode
Rectifiers
Rubber flooring with mercury compounds
RX ICK control (merbromin)
Seed dressings
Semiconductors
Mercury-cadmium telluride
Infrared sensors
Satellite users
Photovoltaic
Photoconductive-primary
Salinity
Shardin fixative
Shooting galleries
Silvering mirrors
Skin bleaching creams
Slimicides
Slimline lamp
Sodium hydroxide
Sodium/Potassium
Solvents
Spectral lamps, monochromatic light
Sphygmomanometers
Stabilur tablets
Sucrose buffer preservative
Sulfuric acid (commercial)
Switches, relays, sensors
Displacement
Plunger relays
1 to 4 poles
NO
NC
Voltage ratings
Current ratings
High current
High voltage
Applications
Resistance heating
Welding
Lighting
Tungsten
Power supply switching
Resisance heating
Welding
Industrial process controllers
Street lighting
Mercury to steel contact
Mercury to mercury contact
Wetted reed relays
wetted reed switch
Telcommunications
Tilt switches
Pressure control
Fluid level control
Airflow/fan limit control
Pneumatic tube communications systems
Man down alarms
Swimming pool alarms
Safety shut off
Steam irons (not one hour timer)
Electric space heaters (pre 1995)
Outboard motors
Limit switches
Automobile hood
Automobile trunk
Automobile vanity mirror
Glove box
Emergency brake lights
Automatic roll bar
Automatic leveling suspension
Tilt security systems
Wall switches
Commercial popcorn poppers
Film editing equipement
Greenhouse Louver devices
Washing machine lids (old)
Chest freezer lid
Remote utility meter reading device
Security systems
Automobile
Computer lockdowns
Alarm switch
Anti tamper device
Gas meters
Pay Phones
Car washes
Ice fishing tip-up lights
Fishing lure
Lawn tractor
Electric organs
Fire alarm box
Aircraft level sensor
Defense applications
Laptop screen shutoff
Portable phone switch
Camera still, video, film sensor
Magnetically operated switches
Proximity sensors
G-sensors
Automobile ABS 4WD sensors
Air bag sensors
Auto seat belt
Takata's reagent
Talcom Powder
Tanning Leather
Tattoo pigments
Telescope mirror
Tetanus vaccine
Thermometers
ASTM and Laboratory
Cup case
Tapered bulb
Sling psychrometer
Mason's hygrometer
Oven
Candy
deep fry
Weather
Minimum/maximum
Maximum registering
Fever
Clerget sugar test
blood bank
incubator
water bath
dairy
Thermoregulators
Thermostats
gas oven pre 1970
Thimerosal in US Licensed Vaccines
Thyroid antibodies buffer
Thyratron
Tincture of merthiolate
Tissue fixatives, pathology
Tissue stains
Total Kjeldahl nitrogen
Turbo alternators
Udder wash (thimerosal) discontinued
Urinalysis Stabilur tablets
Vaccines: Thimerosal in US Licensed Vaccines
1:10,000 Leptospirosis bacterium, cattle, swine, dogs
Vapor lamps
Vermicides
Waste water treatment plant pivot bearing arm
Water pollution
Water treatment chemicals
Weight/counterweigh in grandfather clocks
Welding
Wood Preservatives
Wound Control (merbromin) aquarium
Zenkers solution fixative

As always, wishing you well.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Robi,

Sorry for the delay,

That depends on who you ask. I will tell you that I believe that the mHBOT will help to maintain your immunne function. It will not kill the spirochetes however.

I have a client that will start this monday. She has done over 50 sessions in a mHBOT and has not noted any changes.

If you can, I would suggest a standard hyperbaric chamber. Preferably a monoplace...

If you have no other option then by all means use the mHBOT. It will help you to make it through the day.

If you PM with your general area I will try and find you the nearest facility that treats lyme.

The best one in IMHO would be Chico Hyperbarics, then Rapid Recovery Hyperbarics. They have both treated a substantial amount of lyme patients.

I hope this helps,

Julia

--------------------
Please consult your LLMD before making any changes to your treatment regimen.

Posts: 641 | From NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gigi, wow, what a long list of mercury! read each one of them ... uffda big time. [Frown]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robi,

I'm just sharing my experience. I was a vegetarian for 14 years (although I did eat fish occasionally). I started eating meat again when I started Lyme treatment, so I could get enough protein on the yeast diet.

I had a noticeable increase in muscle mass when I started eating animal protein. I got stronger much quicker.

Now, I have since learned I am sensitive to tofu and allergic to soy. I don't know if that existed when I was a vegetarian, and therefore could have impacted my body's reaction to it.

I just wanted to put my experience out there. At a minimum, make sure you are not allergic or sensitive to the vegetarian protein sources before giving up meat. Also, get amino acid levels tested and supplement if necessary so you get enough protein.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robi, try the mild chamber and see how you do. It does kill some spirochetes and it really helps combat all the effects of these chronic infections. If you find yourself responding to the mild chamber, you might consider doing a month of treatments in the clinic chamber at 2.4 (just rent a room near there instead of driving 4 hours a day) and then continuing to use the mild chamber for maintenance twice a week etc. Just my 2 cents. (I've done both and have a mild chamber at home).
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robi - for 10 years I've been on that long path of trial and error too. Tried pretty much every diet, and none made any difference of significance.

Have you tried the MP? It's been making things happen for me.

Posts: 727 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to hear more about those who have done the HBOT?

Did you feel improvement? Did it help your immune system?

I've reading conflicting things here. Some say it will kill the spirochetes, and others say no.

My husband is considering this to help with his neuro problems.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks!

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a series of 12 HBOT treatments, was most miserable, and will never go near one again.

Managed to get well by detoxing, cleaning up teeth, cleaning up gut, and then the brain.

It took a few years and a lot of effort, but it got me well.

Hope you find the best combination of treatments. There is no single treatment or therapy that will do it.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deep in 'tis pear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deep in 'tis pear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing the HBOT did to me was I didn't need glasses to read upclose and to make me see double (in the distance) for the longest time. I would look at planes and they all looked like bi-planes and the birdshad become four winged. It was an interesting, a bit prehistoric look. Waste of time and money.
Posts: 123 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
butchieboo
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, GIGI I agree with you...there is no one single treatment when fighting this disease(s).

If one considers their are over 3 or 4 hundred stains of lyme disease alone...not to mention co-

infections and our own individual responses to treatment because we all have different DNA and different immune systems etc.

I was at sunnydale a long time back and none of the "supposed psychics" even mentioned my lyme disease.
so much for that medium of diagnosis, treatment and cure. Houdini and Randy are correct...psychics are just frauds after anyone's money.

It's very difficult to keep on truckin when we seem to take one step forward and two back....

However...this is what must be done....try any and all treatments you can afford(save the psychic babble and pulling out all your teeth).

I would welcome some dives into HBOT....Some have gotten help from this treatment...some have not.

Just depends on the strain or strains etc one has as opposed to the next poster.

Good luck

God Bless all

BB

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robi, perhaps a FIRST step might be searching out an ART practitioner, or someone who is an excellent practitioner at some form of muscle testing.

If you can travel a little ways to do it, at least you might have a clue where your blockages are and what may be preventing you from reaching wellness with the protocols you have already tried.

I am convinced that we all have our own unique blockages to overcome.

It would be enormously cheaper than thousands of dollars for individual, unreliable co-infection testing, heavy metal analysis, gluten sensitivity testing, etc.

You always have the option of ignoring the results of any ART or muscle testing, but it will only set you back a little bit financially, not physically. You won't be spending a whole bunch of time on another protocol that may not work. Knowing what needs to addressed in your body may be the key you need for what WILL work.

Just a thought.......

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Wow. All of these replies are so thoughtful. So many good suggestions. Still, How to know which way to go. I am so tired. A couple of nights ago I was in the ER...... thought I might be having a heart attack. Luckily, I wasn't. Still, I am having pain ... more than usual and don't know aht the cause is.

I see my LLMD soon, but as we all know..... no one really has the answers. I think I may need to treat coinfections starting with babs. My recent experiment with artemisis sent me way down the herx road. I guess that means I have babs and should get full treatment for it. Tehn maybe a round of bart treatment to make sure I have that controlled to.

I plan to do alternatives while treating with abx for co-infections.

I would like to find a good ART or muscle testing person. Problem is how do you know who is good.

I have a chiro who is muscle testing and I think he is good but I don't really know.

I do not think There is an art practitioner within 100 miles of me. Maybe one but very expensive.

I wish I could respond to each of your replies individually, but just do not have the energy. I am so worn out.

Please know I have read and considered all replies.

robi

--------------------

lalalu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalalu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to post what has worked for ME.

8 months of oral ABX - didn't touch a thing.
IV Rocephin to bring Lyme bacterial load down. It worked. No other therapies while focusing on Lyme. Too heavy on system.

Amalgam removal pre-Lyme diagnosis.
IV EDTA chelation to remove lead pre-Lyme diagnosis. Brought levels of lead and other metals WAY down.

IV DMPS to remove mercury. Ongoing.

Ultra violet blood irridation to bring bacterial loads down and viruses (EBV).

Laser to bring Lyme bacteria and other virus loads (EBV, CMV, HIB, etc.) WAY down. I can think and read again. Will begin working on parasites soon.

Aspects of Buhner protocol.

Detox: coffee enemas, sarsaparilla, etc.

Body work: carniosacral, tuina.

Emotional healing.

Spiritual healing.

Eating healthy, gluten free, dairy free & organic whole foods for 2 years - pre Lyme diagnosis.

Being mindful of toxic environments: awareness of EMFs, metals, pesticides, pollution and negative/ dysfunctional people.

Will revisit co-infenctions soon.

--------------------
http://chroniclyme.blogspot.com/

"Illnesses, hover constantly above us, their seed blown by the winds, but they do not set in the terrain unless the terrain is ready to receive them."---Claude Bernard.

Posts: 131 | From US | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think in some cases, when possible, travel is required. You can fly to Washington state for a few hundred bucks and work with people that are well-trained in ART. That's what I often do.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement