LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What should I use for deoderant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What should I use for deoderant?
missextreme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missextreme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A question for everyone who sweats:

I use antiperspirant to control my horrible sweatiness. I perspire so much that sometimes I think I could be a water faucet. Maybe it's a Lyme symptom - could it be?

My problem is that I use an antiperspirant that contains aluminum, which I know is bad for me. I have tried Tom's of Maine natural deoderant, but it works so poorly I may as well wear no deoderant at all. I just want want to use something that works.

What kind of deoderant/antiperspirant can I wear that doesn't contain aluminum and actually works? I need protection from my sweatiness! I need something good. What does everyone use? What is effective?

Posts: 204 | From Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurenTurner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurenTurner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try Sure Clinical. It is really good!
Posts: 248 | From Tejas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We like all of the Jason products: shampoo, body wash, deodorant. You can get them on line or at Vitamin Shoppe.
Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you tried that crystal? husband has used it and likes it.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by randibear:

There's also a roll-on in the same cystal solution. I use it.

missextreme...Been checked for babs yet?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tanzi2u
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tanzi2u     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One day in the middle of a herx, daughter dear said it was the strangest thing, but that she was dripping wet - just on one side though!

Her real problem is more odiferous, as opposed to wetness, though. [Frown]

Posts: 115 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Trader Joe's deodorant. It is fragrant-free and has cotton to absorb moisture. It is great!
Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missextreme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missextreme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not been checked for any coinfections. My Dr. says that if you have been treated for Lyme, coinfections are taken care of as well.
Posts: 204 | From Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Missextreme said,
quote:
My Dr. says that if you have been treated for Lyme, coinfections are taken care of as well.
That's not true. Most coinfections need different treatment than what is used for Lyme. I would suggest looking for a Lyme Literate MD in our Seeking Doctors Forum.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by missextreme:
I have not been checked for any coinfections. My Dr. says that if you have been treated for Lyme, coinfections are taken care of as well.

Hello, Beautiful.

You're SCARING me!!

Your doc is totally off base claiming that treatment takes care of co-infections.

It is true that doxy kills ehrlichiosis.

However, he is INcorrect as to the rest.

Antibiotics do not kill babesia -- it's a parasite of the red blood cells, not a bacteria. Thus, it laughs at most antibiotics.

Bartonella responds to Rifampin, maybe Cipro, etc...not just your standard antibiotics.

Some estimates are about a third of all lyme patients have babesia. It responds only to anti-malarial drugs, not antibiotics.

Your sweating like a faucet thing is a symptom of babesia -- one of the most prominent symptoms. It's hard to tell some of the symptoms apart from lyme.

I'd be talking to my doctor again. Get tested by IGeneX. Many docs even treat without a positive test since there are many strains of babesia.

I really wish you had an LLMD to guide you. Believe me, no LLMD would make such a statement.

We want you well.

Also, you'll use a lot less deodorant!!

[group hug]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha! I told an ER doc I only sweat from one side, and he asked me if I was into yoga and could make myself sweat - I guess some people can do that.

But I don't have any advice on deodorants - I don't use them anymore. I figure the only people I see are docs, and they deserve it. lol

Now toothpaste - I found a GREAT toothpaste for people concerned about toxins and EXCELLENT for people with multiple chemical sensitivities. You ready???

Calcium ascorbate crystals (vitamin C crystals). Works every bit as good as toothpaste, but it takes awhile to get used to not tasting the mint. When I use regular toothpaste now, it tastes yucky compared to this trick.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Time to begin your search for another dr!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would definitely try the natural crystal one - either the rock, roll-on or spray. Its just purified water and mineral salts...sounds too simple, but it works!
Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to avoid aluminium then you cannot use the crystal - it's only aluminium salts.
That's why it works so well.

I've got the same problem and have been using the crystal up to now just because it works the best for me and it is unscented.

I've ordered now the unscented deodorant stick from Nutribiotics. Ingredients of the unscented version are:

Ingredients (Unscented): Deionized Water, Propylene Glycol, Witch Hazel Distillate, Sodium Stearate, Certified Organic Aloe Vera , Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE).

They say it works. But they always say that so I will have to wait and see.

I just got another tip that is said to work very well:

``Rub baking soda on the wet skin under your arms''

If the product I've ordered doesn't work then I will try this.

Gabrielle

[ 02. July 2007, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Gabrielle ]

Posts: 767 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penn92
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penn92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I have the stinkiness problem more than sweatiness, but only on one side! Glad to read about others who do the one-sided thing.

I rotate between the crystal stick, Tom's of Maine deodorant and a coconut oil based roll-on deodorant from Tropical Traditions. It usually works pretty well unless I'm having a babs herx; then it doesn't really matter what I use, I just smell like a very onion-y hoagie! Perfume under the armpit throughout the day is the only help then. [Big Grin]

There is a product called Lavilin that is supposed to work well - if you do a search, make sure you find the one for armpits. They also make one for feet that would burn your armpits out for sure. If your sweat/odor is babesia related, though, I'm not sure if anything will help except bathing a couple of times a day and treating for the babs.

--------------------
Getting older is when we would rather not have a good time
than have to get over it. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 386 | From Radnor, PA - where the ticks run free | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missextreme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3610

I'm not so sure I should be finding another Dr. I have Dr. C in Missouri, and I find he is on generally on track with his recommendations.

Maybe coinfections have not been something that he has treated me for yet. He usually has a priority list with his patients. I could ask him about coinfections

But to say that I need to find an Lyme Literate Medical Doctor? I think you are going a little overboard in your recommendations. I think most of you know he is an outstanding doctor. He is very caring about his Lyme patients, and he has helped me so much! I am close to normal again.

treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
quote:
Originally posted by randibear:

There's also a roll-on in the same cystal solution. I use it.

missextreme...Been checked for babs yet?

I concurr

Been checked for babs yet?

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far a deodorants go, this may sound crazy but.....

I think someone on this board suggested it and it works.....

I smear some Johnson's Baby Shampoo under my arms with a Kleenex and I'm amazed at how little odor there is now. I think I read where this shampoo has a neutral pH and that's what causes it to cut way down on odor. It has sure worked for me. [Big Grin]

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm not so sure I should be finding another Dr. I have Dr. C in Missouri, and I find he is on generally on track with his recommendations.

Maybe coinfections have not been something that he has treated me for yet. He usually has a priority list with his patients. I could ask him about coinfections

But to say that I need to find an Lyme Literate Medical Doctor? I think you are going a little overboard in your recommendations. I think most of you know he is an outstanding doctor. He is very caring about his Lyme patients, and he has helped me so much! I am close to normal again.

I've heard nothing but rave reviews about him! So I agree you're in good hands. However, I would definitely ask him about co-infections. Perhaps he has a plan?

I spent a whole year in treatment for lyme before testing for co-infections (MY decision, not my doctor's!), only to test positive for babesia WA-1. My babesia symptoms were quite atypical so I wrongly didn't think I could have it. BIG mistake!

[group hug]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are trying to stop perspiration, then you need to try something that says antiperspirant. A deoderant only stops the smell, not the perspiration.

Most of the natural options kill the bacteria that makes the smell. But they won't stop the sweating.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielle:
If you want to avoid aluminium then you cannot use the crystal - it's only aluminium salts.
That's why it works so well.

Gabrielle

[Frown] [confused]

thanks for the heads up, but I'm confused..my crystal one says it has no aluminum. Does anyone know for sure?

I had done lots of research on natural deodorants and found many to contain some pretty sketchy ingredients....nowhere near as bad as the regular deodorants, but parabens and Propylene Glycol, for example, are still very toxic to use on the body. besides they don't do anything for me.

pre-lyme/babs I was able to get away with using just essential oils but now I need something strong. I was relieved when I discovered the crystal one, but now I'm nervous about the aluminum. Anyone have more info??

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:

If your dr is Dr C then he DOESN'T mean babs and bart will be taken care of with meds for Lyme....only ehrlichiosis. [and maybe RMSF]

He definitely knows better than that, as he treats coinfections very thoroughly.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason Johnson's baby shampoo works is that it has topical lynocaine (sp?), in it which numbs the skin, and closes the pores, the same reason that it doesn't sting the eyes of babies. Then, they add antibacteria detergent agents and then a pH balance, to make it safe enough for "babies".

So the skins pores get numbed and closed and you don't sweat for a while. Then they open, there is a layer of pH balanced antibacterial detergent on the skin to kill the surface bacteria and the day is over.

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 12 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....Just go ahead and stink....everybody treats us like we do anyway....

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missextreme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3610

I think I misquoted Dr. C. There is so much to remember from his Dr visits, so I probably missed something. He probably just mean that he doesn't think coinfections are important to treat at this time. Sorry about the confusion!
Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SunRa:
[QB]
thanks for the heads up, but I'm confused..my crystal one says it has no aluminum. Does anyone know for sure?
/QB]

Maybe you have other crystals over there but ours here are out of Ammoniumalaun AlNH4(SO4)2, which is Aluminium Ammonium Sulfate.

What is written on yours?

Gabrielle

Posts: 767 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I have learned something from this thread.

#1-I'm not the only person stinking out of one armpit only. That was a recent development about 8 or 9 mths ago now. The doctors were stumped about it (not LLMDs)

#2-Sweating bucketloads means babs. Man, in that case, I have had babs for years.

What I do that is really effective for deoderant is I use Farah's lyme essence essential oil. I never have B.O.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielle:
Maybe you have other crystals over there but ours here are out of Ammoniumalaun AlNH4(SO4)2, which is Aluminium Ammonium Sulfate.

What is written on yours?

Gabrielle

the ingredients on mine says "purified water and natural mineral salts" and "no harmful aluminums"

but I just found some info online indicating you're right and maybe it just isn't disclosed on the labels here since ammonium alum is a natural mineral salt.

however, I read that ammonium alum is not the same as the toxic aluminum and it's safe to use as it can't be absorbed into the skin and clog pores the same way the aluminum Chl does.

I need to read up on this more, but here's a site I found helpful: antiperspirant controversies

in the meantime maybe I'll save the crystal for the few times I actually leave the house and try the baking soda while at home.

heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi SunRa, what brand of crystal deodorant do you use?

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

quote:
Originally posted by heiwalove:
hi SunRa, what brand of crystal deodorant do you use?

Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal

I don't know why, but everytime I look at it the pic on the label (a man and woman facing each other both applying the deodorant) it makes me simultaneously laugh and feel a bit nauseous....like I can't decide whether I want to see it everyday or cover it with a sticker. maybe there IS aluminum in it and it's already affecting my brain. i need a nap. [Roll Eyes]

bobbysgirl
Member # 11937

Icon 12 posted      Profile for bobbysgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every time I log in on this site, I find just the thing I need to hear at that particular moment!! I logged on to find out more about herxing, saw this discussion, and read on.
I"M NOT THE ONLY ONE SWEATING ON JUST ONE SIDE!!Hurray!! I didn't want to tell a soul (my sanity is in question you know ) and had sort of pushed that to the back of my mind as I went on with this first month of oral doxy for ld misdiagnosed 7 yrs ago.
I'm so glad I found this. I believe the Holy Spirit leads me here when the time is right for me to receive what I'm looking for. But for whatever reason it may be, thanks for sharing of yourselves so that the rest of us benefit.

Posts: 9 | From georgia | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used something called "Crystal Stick Body Deodorant" and it says NO Aluminum Chlorohydrate. The ingredients are:
Natural Mineral Salts
Ammonium Alum

Is this OK?

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a theory I'm making up here...Is it possible that if you started sweating more or having a stronger odor after treatment that it is actually your body detoxing?

Also, I noticed that my urine changed smells when I started amino acids. I know that lots of garlic will make your body odor smell like garlic. So I wonder if meds or supplements could also change your body odor.

I personally use Tom's of Maine deoderant. It does nothing to prevent the perspiration, but I find it does a great job of reducing odor.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by mojo:
I used something called "Crystal Stick Body Deodorant" and it says NO Aluminum Chlorohydrate. The ingredients are:
Natural Mineral Salts
Ammonium Alum

I have the Crystal brand roll-on. It says purified water, mineral salts, potassium alum, and cellulose.

It also says "NO aluminum chlorohydrate" and paraben free.

I now buy mine from Vitacost.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a man with underarm hair I have fewer options really. I still use Degree, which works well enough for me but probably contains one of the "bad" aluminums. I have made it a point of mine to always attend to my personal appearance, despite my sickness. Many of the products on the market are insufficient for men, or leave you smelling... well, like you're using one of those "natural" alternatives. A friend of mine calls it the "dirty hippie" scent, as attributed to a few of her friends who she believes the "natural" alternatives don't help with the BO.

If anyone knows a deodorant/antiperspirant that works well for manly men, and smells good let me know.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trader Joe's Unscented Deodorant - Paraben and Aluminum Free.
Contains: propylene glycol, water, stearic acid, sodium chloride,sodium hydroxide, cotton, lichen extract, witch hazel, comfrey, lavender, willow bark extracts, bisabolol cetyl alcohol, vitamin A and vitamin E.

Aniek, I agree that detoxing challenges any deodorant, especially when the underarm is one of our most active excretory areas. My daughter says that this deodorant doesn't work for her, probably because it doesn't have enough odor control; but it definitely works well for normal excretion, and the cotton does somehow absorb the wetness. The last thing you want to do is block the flow of moisture since it is a major export.

Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missextreme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3610

Can you put on natural deoderant, then apply antiperspirant on top? Would that improve the situation while still providing protection?

I agree that detoxing pathways are important. However, I am in my 20s and I don't exactly want to scare everyone away. Bad body odor and sweating are not popular with anyone (including myself).

AmyPW8
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmyPW8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
missextreme,

I see Dr. C as well. He is a LLMD and while you see him, he will give antibiotics for Lyme and all co-infections that you may have. Don't worry, those come in later stages.

Did you get lots of papers from him? That can be overwhelming, just read them when you can but it is important to read them...and more than once. I'm a neuro-lymie and I had to read them several times. [Wink] The info regarding his protocol is included.

You are in very good hands.

--------------------
Amy

Diagnosed April 29, 2007.

Posts: 136 | From Joplin, MO | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

I'm now on my second day of Baking Soda.

Yesterday, when I came home from work at 6 p.m. there was just a little bit of odour under my left arm. The right one was okay. By the time I went to bed I WAS smelly.

Today, it's noon now, I'm still completely without smell.

So it works not too bad, but it's not very warm here these days. Will have to see how it goes when it's really hot.

Gabrielle

[ 04. July 2007, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Gabrielle ]

butchieboo
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The general consensus is that treating coinfections first is the way to rid us of BB.

I was'nt treated that way cuz I was neg for them(however I believe symptom wise I have Babs and am now addressing that issue).

Deoderant....what's that?

1. I don't socialize a lot anymore.
2. I never used the stuff way back in high school.
3. I believe one should never block the bodies natural way of cooling and cleansing.
4. I will use a little "foo foo juice" whenever I'm gonna be around people.
5. Whoever you date from now on is going to have to put up with your persperation profusion.
BB

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gabrielle, how do you get baking soda to stick to your arm pits? Do you make a liquid solution of it first?

[confused]

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missextreme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3610

Gabrielle,

I use baking soda to brush my teeth, so I am excited to find another use for it. Let me know how you use this as deoderant! Maybe if you sell the recipe and get a patent, you can make your millions. ;-)

Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

I'd really need to make millions but it was not my idea and it is used by quite a few people, already [Frown] . Darn it!

It's easy to make it stick: wet your armpits, take a dose of baking soda in your hand and dab it on your skin. Then distribute it gently. Don't rub it - it's a bit scratchy.

It's now 5 p.m. and I start to smell a bit. Time to go home.

Gabrielle

Nebula2005
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nebula2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband can't use any antiperspirant without getting a terrible rash.

I don't sweat much unless I'm having one of those night sweat incidents.

We both like Doctor Burt's Herbal deodorant "The Defender" made with alcohol from corn, sage, lavender and lemon peel oil. You can buy it at drugstore.com or at Vitamin Shoppe, or from Burt's Bees' website.

It keeps the stink away from morning until night, but doesn't last more than that.

My husband sometimes uses just rubbing alcohol to clean his pits. It kills the odor causing germs.

I used Secret Solid for many years until I figured out that it was making the lymph nodes in my armpits swell up.

Posts: 353 | From Florida boonies | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement