LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Help!! I'm at a crossroads.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help!! I'm at a crossroads.
twopuggles
Member # 10971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twopuggles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So my doctor has basically given up on me. My last visit, he told me that he did not realize how sick I was when I first met him. He thought that we would just kick some borrelia butt, and move on. However, I did not get better, but worse with treatment. It has been one year.

He referred me to a Naturopath about four months ago, and I started a detox program. However, each time I see her it is costing over $1K per visit and I just can't afford her anymore. She also wants to use the Cowden protocol on me and says that the whole cost is $3K.

My LLMD referred me to another doctor close to my home, however in speaking with a few people, one thinks he is a total quack. He doesn't have a license and uses very controversial treatment. I feel a bit uneasy about going to see him.

Anyway, I need to get better and it seems that it is never going to happen. If anyone has any good advice, I would very much like to hear. Thanks!!

Posts: 49 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you looked into the possibility that artificial electromagnetic fields are your problem? - perhaps 'signaling' these bugs to replicate out of control? That's my problem. And there is no antibiotic that will ever work longterm under those conditions.

I would stop most of the herbs - herbs made me sicker after a while. I only take quinine powder now.

Then I would research your exposure to electromagnetic fields, starting with www.antennasearch.com.

I have found this to be the primary cause of my Lyme symptoms, and I measured the fields with a Trimeter around my home to prove to people that I really can feel EMFs.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radfaraf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radfaraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to try the Cowden protocol there is lots of information about it online so you would be able to try it on your own. The $3k cost if for 6 months so that is $500 a month which doesn't sound as bad. I've never tried this protocol myself so I can't really tell you if I think it is worth it or not.
Posts: 526 | From NJ | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beach4so
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beach4so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
twopuggles

My kids and I see Dr. C and we have been on treatment for around 5 years. My oldest was the worst off and did every antibotic out there for at least 3 to 6 months. He did have his times of getting worse that first year but after a year he was starting to get better.

It might help if you notice are all of your symptoms getting worse or have some actually gotten better and you noticing new symptoms? We have done this for 3 years with Dom, new symptoms coming out.

He has been on amino acids for 2 years now (he is only 11). My two youngest 5 & 7 have started aminos since July and are doing wonderful.

I really think you need to find what works for you, seems for my family the comb's of antiboic and amnio acids have really helped.

Dom is off all antibotics and only the 5 year old still takes flagyl. I am allergic to most antibotics but the amino's and herbs have really helped me.

As for the price. Even Dr. C's amino acids are not that expensive. We would spend about 200 to 300 and that would last around 2 to 3 months depending on how many you took ect per the protocol.

I agree with Cave what about another llmd?

Starr

Posts: 698 | From Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hang in there babe. I am in the same position as you right now. My doctor is giving up. Does not know how to treat someone who has had this as long as i have.

Just hang in there. We will get better. We just have to move on, count our blessings that we know what is infact wrong with us and find a good doctor. and REMEMBER we will get better.

** and I am curious, do you own 2 pugs or puggles??? I have this silly theory that pugs and puggles are the source of all happieness. And when they sneeze they are showering the world in love... lol, They make me very happy (if you can't tell) And I am a big dork. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two puggles,
You are in my neighborhood. PM me if you want to know about my doctor.
Dave

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi-

imo, no reputable LLMD would give up on you after one year. mine told me as a rule of thumb, it takes one year of tx for every year you've had Lyme.

you need a Lyme-literate doctor, one who is willing to fight with you, for you.

please don't give up on antibiotic treatment. sounds like you've been very sick for a long while. its going to take awhile to get better.

dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hang in there,

what are your symptoms? what abx have you tried, did you treat for babesia.

My first LLMD gave up on me too. I cried that day at his office, but looking back it was a very good thing. Next dr found my hypothyroid and i went from 89lbs to 100lbs in a few months.

I was very very sick, LLMD called it a very fast mover. I had every symptom on the lyme list at once. yes all at one time!!! Im almost positive i almost died.

Just keep searching, im still searching for a dr to figure out my remaining symptoms.

After a few visits if the dr seems baffled move on!!

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by twopuggles:
My LLMD referred me to another doctor close to my home, however in speaking with a few people, one thinks he is a total quack.

What do the others think?

I'd be tempted to find out all I could and make the best informed decision possible. Google stuff and the types of tx you think they might be using.

I am at a similar crossroads. I'm ready to take a leap of faith.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has your LLMD also sent others to this doc, the one that you are questioning. If he has, find out why and see if you can find any of those who went to this other doc. If your LLMD has a good reputation, there might be something with what he is advising. My own LLMD has sent me to other people that have different approaches and I was the better for it.

There are a lot of inteeresting things going on out in the grass valley area.

Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twopuggles
Member # 10971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twopuggles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all!! I truly appreciate the advice....

Yes, Skyler I have two puggles. They are a cross between a pug and a beagle, and don't have the smooshed face. They are too cute....and have great personalities. Very loyal and playful.

Anyway, I apparently have a lot of detox issues. My ND tells me that my body is having a problem eliminating toxins and she is trying to get me to that point with a hoard of pills. I have hormone issues, thyroid issues, food allergy issues, heavy metal issues....the list goes on. I am a walking mess. I have muscle and joint pain, stomach inflammation and IBS, back and neck pain, sleep problems, tingling in my shoulderblades, swollen glands. I'm sure there are a few more I forgot.

The cost is just getting out of control, and per my ND I still need to get my mercury fillings replaced. I think I am becoming more neurotic over my finances.

I am down to 96 pounds since all I can eat is brown rice, meat, and vegetables. I know there are a lot of others out there going through the same thing.

I am still on abx. I take Zithro, and my the last time I went to my LLMD he wanted to add Augmentin too. I am waiting a little to get it because it is $165.

I probably should use JohnLyme1's advice and contact some of the patients of the referral doc, and also contact David95928 to get some info on his doc too.

Thanks again!!! I wish everyone health and happiness......TP

Posts: 49 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a support group in your area? Nothing beats talking to others in person who are in similar situations. Especially when looking for a doctor.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by twopuggles:

My LLMD referred me to another doctor close to my home, however in speaking with a few people, one thinks he is a total quack. He doesn't have a license and uses very controversial treatment.

If this doctor that your LLMD is referring you to doesn't have a license, then why is he practicing? Did he once have a license and then lost it or did he never had one? Is he even a physician?

If he doesn't have a license and others have told you he's a quack, then I'd stay away from him. There are good LLMDs out there, so don't waste your time on someone who doesn't have a proven record. Afterall, it's your life.

Wow, $1k for a naturopath! And I thought physicians were expensive. Is this normal?

[ 02. October 2007, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Soleilpie ]

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.
-Abigail van Buren (Pauline Esther Friedman) (1918-2002)

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your swollen glands (and other symptoms) makes me think of a possible viral connection. Please read the following link and ask your doctor to check you for viruses.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=058858

Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twopuggles
Member # 10971

So, the doctor I was going to see nearby lost his license due to a fraud case. Anyway, he responded to the allegations as follows:

I believe I was a target of a conspiracy by the "Medical Establishment" because I wrote the first precedent-setting Law in US history (Arizona's homeopathic licensing law) that broke the Medical Establishment's monopoly. Normally, when a procedure is not covered by insurance, the company just asks for a rebate. In my case, an insurance company complained to both the medical board and the federal government.

What was the Government's motive and how much did it cost the United States taxpayers to go after me? As one criminal attorney said, 117 counts totaling $3,500 is "overkill" and is usually used only when they going after mobsters or big drug dealers.. I pled guilty to 4 counts totaling $145 worth of offenses. I did this because I was threatened with jail time and that would ruin my family. I was forced to give up all of my licenses as part of the plea bargain.

I am not sure how to approach this one. I might want to talk to some of his current patients and see what they feel about his treatment.

As far as viruses go. I was told I have H.Pylori but I don't know about any others that might be aggravating my symptoms.

johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you find out what this Docs credentials were? It sounds like he may have been in the thick of things trying to do a lot of good and the Feds didn't like that. We have one LLMD that the feds are trying to shut down on some of the littlest things, they told him to follow the Bad camp on treating lyme and they would leave him along.
Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you and I see the same ND! PM me if you want to talk about her/him. She costs a boatload and I am about to give up on her. By the way, she told me I have the exact same problem as you re: detox. And every time we talk, it costs $1k for her time plus supplements.

The LLMD, if it's the one I'm thinking of, is Dr H, who I think is great and knows every manifestation of the illness. I'm sort of shocked to her that he wants to give up on you after a year.....that doesn't sound like him. What are your co-infections?
I can give you the name of the other LLMD I see down here in the Bay Area, now that Dr S.H. has moved down here. She doesn't turn people away for treatment that I know of, ever. She moves a lot more slowly than he does though.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twopuggles
Member # 10971

JohnLyme1 I will PM you about this.

CD57, Yes I am seeing the same docs as you. Dr.H did not exactly say he was giving up on me, but he was saying that he cannot help me with my leaky gut problems, and getting me to the point to even be able to treat the Lyme. Then he referred me to this other guy. A friend of mine is also seeing Dr. felt the same way when she say him last.

He thinks the ND is not addressing the Lyme's though, and I think he is right. That is why he was going to add Augmentin to my regime. I was going to give her one more chance, but I am not sure. The only thing that keeps me hanging on is that she has cured herself of everything I currently have. But I just can't afford it anymore, and Dr. H understands. I think that is why he gave me the other doc as an alternative.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement