LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need Information and Support Please!!! - Lyme, Coinfections, & Breast Mass

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Information and Support Please!!! - Lyme, Coinfections, & Breast Mass
jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Icon 11 posted      Profile for jjeennnniiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gang,

I have a lump in my left breast, which has lead to an abnormal mammogram and two abnormal ultrasounds, over the past six months or so.

One doctor I saw said he wanted to do a biopsy, but put me in the hospital, since I'm on Heparin for hypercoagulation from having lyme.

I went to see him, because he's affiliated with who was my current gynecologist.

Both of them aren't as close to where I'm living now, so I opted to get a gynecologist and doctor closer to where I'm living now, so I can be closer to my family, plus to make it more convenient for me, while I'm dealing with all of it.

The second doctor I saw took me off of all caffeine and put me on 800 IU's of vitamin E per day for two months or so, which I followed through with, for the most part.

When I went back for a second ultrasound, which was my first one with him, he said even though my primary lump is a little bit smaller, the twenty or so smaller ones around it are much more dense now, in comparison to my first ultrasound, which he looked at.

He also says there's no way he can biopsy all of it, since it's considered a mass of lumps now, instead of just one big lump.

He now says I need to have it surgically excised, so we can be sure whether or not it's cancer.

Since I have a lot of medication and chemical sensitivities, I decided to meet with my primary care physician, about the use of anesthesia, anesthetics, and such during my surgery.

He's also taken care of me for over nine years now and knows my medical history the best.

As a result, he's recommended I do a Clifford Materials Reactivity Test, which he says will provide me with a report to see which ones will, hopefully, be better for me, than others, although he said it won't completely rule out me having a possible reaction to anything.

The test is through Clifford Consulting and Research.

I plan to call them tomorrow to order a test kit, which I can take to my local lab, who can do the blood draw and send it off to them.

After I get my test results back, I plan to go see my anesthesiologist to discuss the test results with him/her.

My surgeon, the second doctor I saw, said it may be possible for him/her to use Lidocaine to numb the area locally and Versed to make me drowsy, instead of general anesthesia.

He also said, if any complication arise though, during the procedure, him/her would, most likely, have to end up giving me general anesthesia, especially if they find I need a total masectomy.

Since I've had problems with general anesthesia, mainly very severe nausea and vomiting for months, from two surgeries in the past, since having lyme, it's a huge concern.

I've been advised by concerned family and friends to have my surgery, as soon as possible, to reduce any chances of cancer spreading, especially to my lymph nodes, if that's what it turns out I have and it hasn't already.

My lump has been noticable for at least six months already and started out about the size of a pea, grew to about the size of a quarter, and is now about the size of a nickle.

It's not well defined though, as it seems to spread out into sorrounding areas, although some are not as spread out, just wider, but others are more spread out, just narrower, if that makes any sense.

It does seem to be all connected though into one big mass and gets worse around my period, but better away from it.

Obviously, I'm quite concerned, upset, and overwhelmed with all of this new news, on top of having lyme.

The thought of having breast cancer and having to go through radiation and chemotherapy really scares me, as I don't know if my body is strong enough to endure it.

My natural killer cell count activity, which I know is supposed to protect against cancer and is possibly low due to me having lyme, is really low and hasn't budged much with my lyme treatment.

That reason alone has me really worried I might really have breast cancer, but I'm trying really hard to remain optimistic and am praying hard it's not, as well as have a lot of people praying for me.

I don't have a family history of breast cancer, but with having lyme, I wonder if there is any connection.

Does anyone know?

If so, can you provide me with any studies?

If anyone here could please help me with any of this, even if it's just to share a story or offer me some support, I'd greatly appreciate it.

If you are a Christian, I'd also appreciate any prayers you, as well as anyone else you know, are willing to give for my situation.

I could certainly use all of the help I can get and would be so grateful.

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

P.S. Broken up, so neurolymies, like Betty, can read it better.

[ 04. October 2007, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: jjeennnniiee ]

--------------------
My Lyme dx:11/05. My Mom's Lyme dx:5/16. ISO ASAP-Lyme Literate Dr & Neurologist-Prefer IL, IN, KY, MO, OH, TN. Can travel farther. Finances limited. Prefer Drs take Medicare or Payments. Need great list to find best fit. Tyvm.

Posts: 701 | From Owensboro, KY | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Jennie,

Been there done that....so I am so sorry taht you have to go through all of this not knowing and complications.

I had a similar presentation and had a piece of tissue removed that looked like a slab of liver..took me from a D to a C cup on that side....All histology exams were negative for cancer.

The fact that your doc put you on a caffeine free diet, among other things, can be indicative that he believes that these lumps could be fibrocystic in nature. The fact that they shrank is a good sign.

The only thing that will tell however is the surgery.

Do the surgery. Find out about your sensitivities with the test suggested, have your doctor put a STAT order on it with the lab so they know you're up against the clock.

Take thm to the anesthesiologist and he'll listen. If he doesn't and he's had prior knowledge of the testing, his license and a lawsuit are on the line. He'll listen, hopefully just because he's a good doctor and a good man.

Then try the minimal anesthesia, prepared for the heavier stuff is needed. And get this done poste haste.

I have fybrocystic breasts...My mom calls me "lumpy" when I get snarky...It really annoys me, which is her intention...Then I settle down.

Fybrocystic breasts change over time leaving lumps that can appear as cancerous by touch and on mammogram. Stressors and caffeine and other goodies can make them swell. One of these goodies are your monthly hormone cycles....tender breasts around your period really are more tender than the average woman...that is why. Anything that alters or affects your hormones affects the breasts too. It's a joy!

If you've always had it, it seems the norm.

So get your biopsy done..whether it be by needle or by removing a slab of tissue. It's worth it for the piece of mind for you and your family.

And call me if you are afraid or confused. I've been there....in fact, I had mine done while my husband was in the hospital with neutropenia and sepsis from chemo....The idiots released him while I was in surgery, a friend took him home and he got in his car to go to Costco to pick up my meds to be nice! I could have killed him...By the time I got home and settled in bed, and he was settled in bed...say around 7 PM, he spiked a fever and we had to go back to the hospital....I had to hold off on my pain meds to be clear for him.....It really was a rotten day! The nurses thought I was so brave and made me ice packs for my poor little boob....My surgeon came to see me in the oncology unit to see if I was OK....IT was a community screw up!

John learned that it's not OK to be thoughtful at the cost of his health and mine!

OK...email me if I can help....

[email protected]

Carol Ann

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ConnieMc
Member # 191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConnieMc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, get that biopsy done. I have no family history and my only real risk factor is that I am a DES daughter (bc is showing up in the daughters when their mother took DES when they were pregnant). I was found to have a pea-sized mass on a mammagram and the doctor almost didn't biopsy it, saying we would just check it in 6 months. But something told her to do the biopsy, and yep, it was cancer. Stage 1, no lumph nodes involved. So had the lumpectomy, then radiation and wasn't sick a day of any of it. I worked the afternoon of my surgery.

I am shocked your doctors are just sitting on this, especially when things are changing. Take control of your own health.

I have a friend who had a mass found on a routine mammagram and for some reason she wasn't notified (she is now suing the hospital). A year later she had her next routine mammagram and further testing and the cancer had metasized into other organs. She is now in the fight for her life.

Knowing what I know now, I would get 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinions if that is what it took to feel comfortable. Doctors are busy and some stupid (boy don't we all know that) and some could care less what happens to patients.

Posts: 2276 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennie....I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I don't have any info for you, but I will pray for you.

Keep us posted, OK?? [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjeennnniiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Carol Ann,

Thank you sooooo much for sharing your story and giving me some information, as well as support! I'm sorry to hear you've been where I'm at, but sooooo glad to hear you're okay! [Smile]

That sure was quite an ordeal you and your husband went through! I'm glad it all turned out okay! How is your husband now? Now you have me wondering about him. Bless both of your hearts! [Smile]

Thanks very much for the offer to chat! As the time for me to have my surgery gets closer, I may well end up calling you with some questions! [Smile]

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------
My Lyme dx:11/05. My Mom's Lyme dx:5/16. ISO ASAP-Lyme Literate Dr & Neurologist-Prefer IL, IN, KY, MO, OH, TN. Can travel farther. Finances limited. Prefer Drs take Medicare or Payments. Need great list to find best fit. Tyvm.

Posts: 701 | From Owensboro, KY | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjeennnniiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Connie,

Thank you sooooo much for the encouragement and sharing your story! I'm sooooo sorry to hear you had to go through all of that, but sooooo glad to hear you're okay now! [Smile]

I think my doctors we're just trying to avoid any unnecessary surgery, especially since I'm rather high risk for complications. I'm moving as fast as I can now though, so once I get my bloodwork done and go see my anesthesiologist, I will have a surgery date soon. Hopefully, all within the next couple of weeks! Definitely before the end of October!

I'm sooooo sorry to hear about your friend! Bless her heart! That's just sooooo sad all that happened to her! I will pray for her, for sure!

The surgeon I have now comes highly recommended from a trustworthy source and is a Christian, so I think I'm in good hands! I agree with you though, some of them just aren't as good, as others!

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------

jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Hi Lymetoo,

Thank you sooooo much for the kind thoughts and prayers! It means a lot to me! [Smile]

I'll be sure to keep you all posted! Thank you sooooo much for caring about me! It means a lot! [Smile]

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jenni,

my heart goes out to you during this very emotional time! thanks for breaking up your story so i could read it! [group hug] [kiss]

your story reminded me of my younger sister, marilyn, who was diagnsed with b.c. at age 32 five months after mom's death from colon to liver cancer.

she found a lump and called drs. office, but had a hysterectomy shortly before mom died. they told her NOT to worry, it's the body's going thru the former period cycle.

next her nipple started bleeding; this time they had her come in for a needle biopsy, and then surgery biopsy.

surgeon found 2 different types of breast cancer in her lump and nipple area. she had her breast removed; had chemo/radiation, and WORKED FULL-TIME in her hairdresser job!

she went 6.5 years cancer-free when cancer raised it's ugly head with it having gone to her liver. we had her for another 2 yrs., 1 month, and 3 days.

she died at age 41 leaving a daughter, 11,, and son, 14!

so please get your surgery done soon so the cancer can be CONFINED to the breast and not to lymph nodes in arm pits.

i'm allergic to chemicals as well so i know what you mean.

only 1 of my 13 surgeries i got terribly sick with vomiting since he gave me too much! so i make sure we have accurate weight/height given to them.

also, when i had my hip surgery, i had a ELECTIVE SURGERY FOR THOSE WITH FIBROMYALGIA PAIN.

i know i got here off this board; perhaps melanie reber? can't remember.

both the surgeon and anesthiologist read them to accommodate me to make surgery as pleasant on my body.

i will look to see if it's in my word file or not. if yes, i'll copy it here!

on all my surgeries, since i'm SENSITIVE TO LIGHTS, NOISE, AND CHEMICALS, i've had them do this for my room:

signs on door and tray/record file door ... CLOSE QUIETLY as noise bothers patient.

on door, DO NOT PUT OVERHEAD LIGHTS ON UNTIL PATIENT HAS A CHANCE TO COVER HER EYES WITH A PILLOW.

ON DOOR, NO PERFUME, AFTER SHAVE, HAIR SPRAY allowed in this room since patient is allergic to them and more smells!

yes, they are thrilled to see me go home!!

when i had my hip surgery in des moines in march, they had a room barely used since there was NOT much light! IT WAS PERFECT FOR ME! they could not believe i liked it dark in there!

i'll sign off for now, but will look for you on ELEDTIVE SURGERY stuff. bettyg

my best to you/yours! we'll help you thru this!!

you do NOT WANT STEROIDS GIVEN TO YOU! i had them but during all but my hip surgery, i did not know i had lyme for 34 years!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

some posts on elective surgery....

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=048569

read many other posts but they were not about breast cancer but other body parts.

BLOOD! i gave 2 pints of blood for my surgery and they had to be 1 week apart. CHECK INTO GIVING YOUR OWN BLOOD! YOU DON'T WANT OTHER "BAD" BLOOD~~

you bet you are in my thoughts and prayers jenni! keep us posted ok! [group hug] [kiss]

jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Hi Betty,

Thank you sooooo much!

It means a lot to me!

You're welcome for me breaking up my story, so you can read it!

I'm always willing to do anything I can to help my fellow lymies!

I'm sooooo sorry to hear about the passing of your mom, as well as your sister and everything she went through!

God bless them and you!

Thank you sooooo much for having the courage to share her story with me though!

Yes, I will get the surgery done, as soon as possible!

I'm sooooo sorry to hear you have chemical sensitivities too!

Thank you sooooo much for sharing your surgery stories, as well as giving me some great suggestions about having surgery! I'll be sure to use them!

Thank you sooooo much for the kind wishes and offer to help me get through this!

It means a lot to me!

If you find anything on elective surgery, please let me know! I'll keep looking, in the meantime.

You are such a blessing to so many here and are always so kind and willing to help, I admire you!

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------

jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Hi Betty,

Great surgery posts!

Thank you sooooo much for finding them for me!

I hadn't thought about blood! Thank you for bringing that to my attention! I'll be sure to ask my doctor about it!

Thank you sooooo much again for the thoughts and prayers!

I'll keep you posted!

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending you healing thoughts and prayers

And Angels to wrap you in Their Loving Wings.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Hi Geneal,

Thank you sooooo much for the healing thoughts and prayers, plus angels to wrap me in their loving wings!

That's so caring and thoughtful of you to think of angels for me that way!

It means a lot to me!

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennie,

My buddy. You know I'm praying for you!

Love ya,

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Jennie,

I'm haning in here. John has a recurrence. He has esophageal adenocarcinoma, like Gary Norbut....John's was considered cured last April, but it recurred recently in lymph glands and we're going through the chemo routine again.

He's a champ..has a great attitude....We have great hope!

I'm pretty darn tired though...ah the joys of caregiving while having lyme and babs! We nap a lot together!

We're in pretty good shape and his chemo side effects are not nearly as bad as we had anticipated this time...so all is well!

Now you go take care of you! We're hanging in and eating chocolate! I'll keep an eye out to see how you're doing sweetie! And definitely email me and we can gab if you have any questions or it gets scary...any time....It feels good to reach out, on both sides of the call..a gift to give back just as it is to get supported!

Fondly,
Carol Ann

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please read 'Currents of Death'. Breast cancer has been linked by a few researchers to electromagnetic fields because they mess with progesterone and testosterone.

Do you live near a transformer or high-tension power lines? How many cell phone towers are in your area? Go to www.antennasearch.com. If you click on 'view report', you can find out how close the nearest tower is to you.

Conventional docs will laugh at you if you tell them you think these fields caused your breast lumps or your Lyme. Do NOT listen to them. Read. Read. Read.

'Cross Currents' and 'The Body Electric' are also great resources.

Whatever you do, avoid these fields as much as possible as long as there is any suspicion of cancer.

With regard to healthy cells from 'The Dream of Eternal Life' by Mark Benecke (page 15):

"If growth factor is missing, then cell growth falters. In that case, it no longer matters if the cell is fed nutrients or receives signals from other cells. If the correct growth factor signal is not transmitted, no other cell component will kick it into division mode."

...and page 16...

"When the bacteria multiply, so do growth factor proteins.

EMFs and bacteria are behind your lumps. The wrong cells are growing though because they haven't received the right signals due to all this electromagnetic junk - including cell phone towers. Good luck to you and hope you feel better soon!

jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Hey Sandy,

Thank you sooooo much buddie! You're such a dear and special friend to me! [Smile]

LubYa,
Jennie

--------------------

jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Hi Carol Ann,

I'm glad to hear you're hanging on!

We lymies sure have to hang tough, huh?

I'm saddened to hear about John's cancer and all he's going thorough!

I will certainly pray for him!

I bet he is a champ, with all he's had to deal with!

I'm glad to hear he has a great attitude, as I do believe it goes a long way!

Ya'll just keep hanging on to your great hope!

I can only imagine how tired you both must be!

Bless your hearts!

I think that's sweet you two take naps together!

I'm glad to hear you are both in pretty good shape and his chemotherapy is going better than expected, so everything is fine!

Well, at least as fine as it can be, huh?

Ya'll keep your chins up and keep fighting the good fight!

Yes, I will take care of me, just as soon as I can!

Thanks for caring!

Eating chocolate sounds so good!

It's one of my weaknesses! LOL!

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me!

I'll be sure to email you to chat, if I need to, as it does feel good to be able to reach out to someone, like you, who's willing to be there for me!

I like reaching out to others too and I too believe it's a gift both to be given and received!

Have a great weekend!

I'll be thinking about and praying for both of you! [Smile]

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------

jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Hi Tailz,

Thanks for the book recommendation!

I'll see if I can get a reasonably priced copy from Amazon.com.

They usually have slightly used books for less, which I like, causes it saves what limited income I have!

I know nothing about the breast cancer link to electromagnetic fields, but I don't doubt it!

I don't know if I live near any of those things you mentioned or not.

Thank you for the website information!

I went there, but the search engine couldn't find my exact address.

So, I just had to look within my zipcode and it said there are 35 towers, 1 new tower, and 108 antennas within it. Ugh!

Yes, I imagine they would laugh, but I don't doubt what you're saying!

I've educated myself a little bit on the subject and will try to do more so, now that you've brought it to my attention again!

Like I said earlier, I'll see if I can find the books you mentioned and read them!

Besides moving, I don't see how I can avoid the fields and sadly, I'm not in a position to do that!

I realize it's a concern though, but, unfortunately, probably something I can do nothing about!

Thank you for the book quotes!

They make perfect sense to me!

Yes, they could very well be behind my lumps!

I do understand what you're saying!

Thanks for sharing the information with me!

Thanks for the good luck and feel better wishes!

I certainly appreciate it!

It means a lot to me! [Smile]

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------

tailz
Unregistered

Look outside for any black cylindrical boxes riding up along your power lines (if you can see them and they aren't buried). These are transformers.

Are you close to any? Did you check to see how close the nearest tower was? If you click on 'view report' and scroll down, it will tell you.

Also, high-tension power lines. These have also been linked to various forms of cancer. They are those monster power lines you see in a long row in fields a lot. Gosh, I'm scaring myself here! lol

I'm two houses away from one of those transformers though, which ain't too cool. I also have high electromagnetic fields coming from ground wires.

I know though - what can you do? I'm on disability, too.

Amazon though is a great place for used books.

Again, get better, and you are in my prayers.

gwenb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwenb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennie

I hope it isn't breast cancer. However if you are worried please please go to www.pubmed.com and search for "vitamin D" AND "breast cancer."

There are numerous, and very recent, peer-reviewed studies showing the TREMENDOUS value of supplementing with Vitamin D3 to reduce one's risk of cancer. It is my understanding that even if one has breast cancer that supplementation with Vit D3 will increase one's chances of survival. Vit D controls cell proliferation and differentiation - and cancer is uncontrolled cell growth which doesn't die.

Here are some peer-reviewed studies below. Scientists are finding out there is a strong correlation between high Vitamin D levels and low cancer rates.

I would go and get your Vitamin D levels checked - I have previously posted on the benefits of Vit D3 and what your blood level rates should be. Just click search on this site.

Gwen

http://tinyurl.com/2lmutp

http://tinyurl.com/37fw35

http://tinyurl.com/2swllp

http://tinyurl.com/2w8896

http://tinyurl.com/2w8896

http://tinyurl.com/35lq55

http://tinyurl.com/39l33q

http://tinyurl.com/2scjme

http://tinyurl.com/2scjme

http://tinyurl.com/2tyfrn

http://tinyurl.com/2tyfrn

http://tinyurl.com/3yq4zd

http://tinyurl.com/2mdwhb

http://tinyurl.com/2mdwhb

http://tinyurl.com/34fxfs

http://tinyurl.com/3xfnh7

[ 06. October 2007, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: gwenb ]

Posts: 227 | From vancouver,bc | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Hi Gwen,

Thank you for hoping I don't!

Obviously, me too, but I don't even want to say the word, right now!

I am a bit worried, so thank you sooooo much for providing me with such valuable information!

That was sooooo sweet and thoughtful of you to take the time to do that!

It looks like there's a lot of stuff there, but I'll just sift through it a little at a time!

I think I had my Vitamin D levels checked a year or so ago and they were low! Ugh!

I think I have plenty of reason now to be retested!

I'm adding it to my list of requests for my doctor, for sure!

Thanks again for caring about me enough to provide me with all that! It means a lot to me! [Smile]

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------

jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Hi Tailz,

Thanks for the transformers tip! I'll take a look!

I can't tell if I'm close to any or not nor how close the nearest tower is to me, as far as the website goes.

It won't find my address, so clicking on "view report" and scrolling down, doesn't do me any good, when all I'm able to use is my zipcode.

I wonder if I could enter the address of a business closest to my house, if that would help?

I live in the city and haven't seen any of those nearby nor in a while, unless I go out in the country, so I think I'm okay there.

I don't know about all the underground stuff though, as I know I have a lot of it around me, but don't know what it consists of.

Sorry to hear you're so close to a transformer and those ground wires! Ugh!

Nope, not much we can do, but I reckon it doesn't hurt knowing, though it is kinda scary!

Yeah, Amazon is great for them!

Thanks for the get better wishes and prayers! It means a lot to me! [Smile]

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------

tailz
Unregistered

Jennie, just put the address in of a business near your house. That's what I have to do, because my address doesn't come up either.

Keep us posted though, and hope you feel better soon!

gwenb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwenb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennie

If your vitamin D levels were low, if I were you, I would start supplementing with 2,000 IU daily immediately - this dose is considered high but safe. There are several articles in pubmed where they recommend 4,000 IU as the dose that is needed to combat breast cancer.

Gwen

Gwen

Posts: 227 | From vancouver,bc | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Hi Tailz,

Thanks for letting me know that will work! I'll try it out and see what I get!

I'll keep you posted! Thanks for caring!

Thanks for hoping I feel better soon too!

The supports that people here, like you, are giving me, means a lot to me! [Smile]

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------

jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Hi Gwen,

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll try to follow through with that!

Last time I tried taking it though, although I have no idea why, it made me feel sick, almost like a herx.

Do you have any idea, as to why I'd react like that? I've always thought it's supposed to be good for you.

I've always wondered, if maybe, according to the Marshall Protocol, it actually ends up feeding my infections.

When I did the vitamin D tests, my results were skewed, which were in favor of the protocol.

I am going to get retested again soon though, because I realize a lot can change in a year or so of time.

Thank you for bringing all of this to my attention and helping me with it! I truly appreciate it!

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------

gwenb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7217

Vit D improves your infection fighting ability which is why I think it can make you sick if you have high bacteria loads. I started supplementing with it earlier this year and had a tremendous improvement in my Lyme symptoms.

Gwen

bettyg
Unregistered

gwen,

please EDIT your post with all the sites you showed that were EXTRA LONG causing this site to go extra WIDE!

click on pencil icon to open up the post.

for EACH long address, chose www.tinyurl.com and DELETE the long address after you have pasted the short one there for all long addresses!

thx so much!

jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Hi Gwen,

Thanks for sharing that information with me!

It makes sense to me now why it makes me so sick!

I must have a really high bacterial load! Ugh

I'm sooooo glad to hear it's improved your lyme symptoms!

Now I have some questions, if you wouldn't mind answering them...

What is the best form to buy?

Is any brand better than the other? If so, which is best?

What was your starting dose?

How much are you taking now?

Did it make you sick in the beginning? If so, how bad and was there anything you took that helped you feel better?

Is it making you feel bad now or just better?

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie [Smile]

--------------------

gwenb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7217

Hi Jennie

I am not sure about the best brand to buy - but I purchase SISU - Vitamind D3 1000 IU tablets. After exhibiting symptoms of deficiency I supplemented at 10,000 IU for six weeks. I do not recommend this dosage for everyone as Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin and can be toxic in higher doses. However after supplementing at that level I went and had my blood levels checked and they were exactly where they should be.

I now supplement at between 4-5,000 IU a day. I am going to get my blood levels tested to ensure that I am not going overboard.

It didn't make me sick, however I have spent about 3 years reducing my bacterial loads. Previously going out in the sun made me feel ill, now I feel great when I get some sun.

The biggest improvement in supplementing with Vitamin D was a large reduction in fatigue. I started biking to work and going to the gym 5-6 times a week. I have continued this for 9 months steadily since supplementing with Vit D. Also Vit D is used in treating MS - I personally think MS could very likely be caused by a bacterial infection such as borrelia.

Gwen

jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Hi Gwen,

Thank you sooooo much for answering my questions and providing me with such valuable information!

I'm going to pick some up tomorrow, start with a low dose, and see how I do.

After reading much of the information you provided the links to, I think it's in my best interests to, at least, try it and see what happens.

I'm so glad to hear you've done so well with it!

The way it's helped you is so awesome and encouraging!

I hope it does the same for me!

I have a problem with the sun making me sick, like you did, so, hopefully, it will help me in that area too!

Yes, I think MS may very well be related to bacteria!

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement