LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » heart problems, shortness of breath

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: heart problems, shortness of breath
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed with pleuro-pericarditis and heart failure in aug 2004 when I was hospitalized (this was also when I either had a bad relapse or ws reinfected and had meningitis and 4th cranial nerve palsy)

I followed up for a few months later with a cardiologist and he said it was all better, I didn't have heart failure, that maybe it was my kidneys or lupus but all I had now was a mild regurgitation and mitral valve prolapse.

Over the last 3 years I have gotten steadily worse. Since april, I cannot even exercise or walk, I seem to have the conditioning of someone with congestive heart failure. and I know this is typical with lyme, I remember studies saying petients have symptoms consistent with CHF.

My doctor is saying it will get better with treatment. Many of my other symptoms are going away. I am on pulse therapy with 3 diff antibiotic, and about 6 weeks into tx. some days I feel much better, like when I am not on the rifampin. (I feel bad the 2nd and third day on the rifampin, and then get better) but even on the days when I feel better I have really bad shortness of breath. it is still getting worse, although not as bad as it was on april.

the more I try to exert myself the more I feel i can't breath. anyone else have these symptoms and did it get better with tx? is this one of the last symptoms to go? maybe I am just in terrible physical shape from not being able to exercise?

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please buy a gaussmeter. They have inexpensive ones on Amazon for around $40.

But my neighbor had a heart attack last fall, and I measured the electromagnetic fields in her home just recently. The lowest reading I got in her home was 4 milligauss. That's high! The highest was something like 10-15 - where I'd been standing when I almost passed out myself once in her home after feeling palpitations.

EMF exposure can work along with Lyme to cause heart problems. The heart is sensitive to these fields. That's why they can run EKGs and jumpstart your heart.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask your cardiologist to refer you to a cardiac rehab program in the hopital. You will be monitored by physical therapists, and will gradually be able to increase your exercise tolerance.

6 weeks into treatment is still relatively new-may want to wait a little longer. I couldn't walk to the mailbox the first 3 months-did 2 miles yesterday

Posts: 561 | From eastcoast | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask your cardiologist to refer you to a cardiac rehab program in the hopital. You will be monitored by physical therapists, and will gradually be able to increase your exercise tolerance.

==============================
Excellent idea, shoney!!

roro....Have you been treated for babesia??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
roro,

Your symptoms sound a lot like POTS to me.

Postural Orthostatic Hypotension.

Have you been checked for that?

My daughter has a severe case, son moderate and me mild.

I thought we were in bed because of lyme fatigue, which we did have; but the POTS was making us so exhausted, foggy, dizzy. Also asthma and stomach problems.

We are blessed with a cardiologist who specializes in POTS. I don't think all of them are aware of it.

We are doing really well with treatment.

www.dinet.org has excellant information.

Best Wishes,

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed with POTS and then autonomic dysfunction, my blood pressure would drop 10-40 points upon standing. but that was when I had really low blood pressure.

since the heart failure, my BP has been high. I dont get dizzy or feel faint that much any more. i figured it was just another misdiagnosis (along with the MS, myasthenia, ALS, etc)

I haven't been treated for the babesia yet. I am being treated for the bartonella first, then babs, then lyme.

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by roro:
I haven't been treated for the babesia yet. I am being treated for the bartonella first, then babs, then lyme.

You'll get some help when you treat the babs.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

i don't know what happened to my reply to this before

i guess it must be the babs. i need more patience.

the rehab thing, is that inpatient? i dont think i can handle anymore inpatient thing or even have time for therapy. i am still working full-time.

i am still being treated for the bart. i have really bad swollen glands still sometimes, althought they are getitng better. sometimes when i put my arms down at my side i can feel them under my arms, and i can feel it in my neck when i look down.

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With heart problems, etc. you might also have your wisdom teeth sites checked. Whether you still have them, or don't have them any longer, or never grew one or all. Heart problems as well as some others are often related to wisdom teeth.
A good oral surgeon (of the holistic type) will be familiar with this.

"Regular" dentists may miss it on the x-ray and/or are not familiar with the interpretation.

http://www.naturalworldhealing.com/Dentalinfo/toothorganchart

Take care.

Just sharing my experiences.

[ 15. October 2007, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: GiGi ]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement