LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » General Guidelines for Elimnating Toxic Solvents

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: General Guidelines for Elimnating Toxic Solvents
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
General Guidelines for Eliminating Toxic Solvents

Read the labels on all your personal grooming products - shampoo, creme rinse, soap hair spray and gel, moisture lotion, shaving cr�me, deodorant, toothpaste, etc., your make-up, base eyeliner, mascara, blush on, lipstick, nail polish, etc., and household cleaning products. Eliminate all the products with obvious toxic solvents:

``Prop''
Isopropyl alcohol or isopropanol - 2 times as toxic as ethanol, and is absorbed through the skin. Used widely in cosmetics and antifreeze!
* Propyl alcohol or propanol - similar to the effects of isopropyl alcohol but has an additional drying effect on the skin.
* Propylparaben - propyl alcohol plus ester form of p-Hydroxybenzoate. Used extensively; can cause contact dermatitis and is toxic.
* Propylene glycol - permeates through skirt better than glycerin and is less expensive. Widely used in cosmetics and hydraulic and brake fluid; can cause
liver abnormalities and kidney damage.
* Or any other chemical listed with ``prop' in the name.

``Methyl''
* Methyl alcohol or methanol - common solvent especially irritating to the eyes.
* Methylparaben - widely used as a preservative in cosmetics; can cause allergic reactions.
* Methylcellulose a binder and thickener that has caused cancer in rats.
* Or any other chemical with ``methyl'' In the name.

``Butyl''
* Butyl alcohol or butanol - solvent and clarifying agent that is a strong irritant and toxin.
* Butylparaben -- used as an antifungal and is toxic.
* Butylene glycol - - common in hair sprays; toxic to central nervous system and kidneys.
* Or any other chemical with ``butyl'' in the name

``Ethyl''
* Ethyl alcohol, ethanol, cetyl alcohol, S.D. alcohol - Before ethyl alcohol can be used in cosmetics it must be denatured (made unfit to drink) which requires the use of toxic solvents. Therefore, even ethanol and its related compounds are not safe additives.

* Grain alcohol - The only nontoxic alcohol additive; it is not denatured.
(Some companies therefore break the guidelines and do not denature their ethanol.)
* Ethylene glycol - used as an antifreeze and solvent; very toxic to central nervous system, lungs and kidneys.
* Ethylene dichloride -- solvent and wetting agent; highly toxic even through skin absorption.
* EDTA or ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid - preservative that is highly allergenic, and can cause kidney damage and cancer. Also used in carbonated beverages

Benzene. Toluene, styrene, xylene, etc.
* Toxic aromatic hydrocarbons from petroleum, but these will rarely appear on the label.
* Therefore, avoid obvious sources - Vaseline, Jell-C, candy, throat lozenges, all medications if possible. most cold cereals, chewing gum. many tea-tree products. ice cream, most pet foods, fruit juices, bottled waters, perfumes, almost all cosmetics and personal care products, and all household cleaners not bought at the health food store or co-op.

Miscellaneous
* Ascorbic acid - Vitamin C, natural preservative; non-toxic if extracted cleanly.
* Benzoin, , a gum preservative not related to benzene; non-toxic if extracted cleanly.
* Citric acid - from grapefruit seed; natural preservative: non-toxic if extracted cleanly.
* Mineral Oil - petroleum derivative, suffocates the skin, indigestible when absorbed, toxic.

(from Dr. K. to his patients - 1995)

Take care.

Sharing my experiences.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find the ECOVER products to be the least toxic. At least that's what they claim:

cleans effectively using the power of nature.

plant based ingredients, not based on petrochemical ingredients

No chemical residue

optimum level of biogradability

safe for all riever and marine life

no animal testing

safe for septic tanks.

BTW-I don't have stock in the stuff, I just buy it to take care of the environment.

And I don't wear makeup-who you see is who I am. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susan2health
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susan2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use to not believe that I was affected by what I put on my skin until I started using topical HRT, and I noticed the positive difference that made.

Then I realized if I was absorbing good bio-identical hormones through my skin, I was also absorbing the bad stuff in soaps and personal care products. I was too stubborn for awhile to learn from others if I didn't understand the reasoning.

I hope I'm becoming more teachable and less close minded.

Susan

Posts: 233 | From United States | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing,

This list right here is everything that makes me sick and fast:

Benzene. Toluene, styrene, xylene, etc.
* Toxic aromatic hydrocarbons from petroleum, but these will rarely appear on the label.

* Therefore, avoid obvious sources - Vaseline, Jell-C, candy, throat lozenges, all medications if possible. most cold cereals, chewing gum. many tea-tree products. ice cream, most pet foods, fruit juices, bottled waters, perfumes, almost all cosmetics and personal care products, and all household cleaners not bought at the health food store or co-op.

If I eat candy, take OTC medications, chew gum, eat ice cream, or even spray perfume.. Im in for it. Household cleaners are a big no no for me.

if you have a build up of this in your system, is there a way to get rid of it?

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listenswithcare
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listenswithcare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi - you had mentioned in another post a product that you used for environmental toxin cleanup. Would you share that with me? You said it worked very well, and cleared everything.

Robin

Posts: 276 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

For chemical substance clearing, I used the 48 day detox pack. Of course, I tried to cut out all the above on the no-no list. The detox pack worked very well for me.

Since I cannot post any details re products here without getting my head chopped off, anyone wanting name and phone please write me [email protected]. It is not a product Biopure carries, even though Dr. K. has used it for years -- I think I was told it was his brainchild.
So send me an e-mail - I will respond asap.

Important is - avoid from now on as much as possible.

Take care.

My experience.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spookydew
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spookydew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have multiple chemical sensitivities and find the sabbotage of these posts frustrating.

I have never been able to wear makeup and have always wished that I could. Now someone is poking fun of my sensitivities.

I don't believe that this person and others are sick

I don't believe that an ill person would make fun like that of others trying to help other sick people.

If this doesn't stop I won't be coming back here. I feel that I've been insulted for being sick.

Posts: 290 | From ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spookydew -

i agree with you 100 percent. i know it's hard, but if at all possible, please try to ignore the sabotagers of so-called 'alternative' posts.

if you weed through the rubble, there are a lot of gems.

take good care.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,

I know I am slow, but what is going on here on Lymenet?

GIGI, we can no longer mention a product that we have used and want to share with others?

Again, I am slow.
Who is sabataging what and who.
I guess I missed it. [bonk]

Peace,
BJG

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by spookydew:
I have multiple chemical sensitivities and find the sabbotage of these posts frustrating.

I have never been able to wear makeup and have always wished that I could. Now someone is poking fun of my sensitivities.

I don't believe that this person and others are sick

I don't believe that an ill person would make fun like that of others trying to help other sick people.

If this doesn't stop I won't be coming back here. I feel that I've been insulted for being sick.

I don't know if you are referring to my comment or not-please clarify?

The fact that I do not wear make-up is true. Pure and simple. It's just a personal choice for me.

Who do you think is poking fun at your sensitivities? It's a very real issue for many.

listenswithcare
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10719

Icon 10 posted      Profile for listenswithcare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my gosh - I'm looking at even my "natural products" and they have some of these ingredients in them. Even Thayers rose petal witch hazel!!!!

Sigh....

I won't get overwhelmed. I won't get overwhelmed..... [Smile]

Posts: 276 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

HUH?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
quote:

HUH?
I'm telling you, it's exactly these types of brutal, underhanded attacks that got Cave banned.

Shocking, I tell you.

Forget the fact that the poster is actually agreeing with you -- it could be a trick, so you should go ahead and act wounded in advance, just in case.

[dizzy]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
michelle, making fun of someone for being sensitive and accusing them of launching a 'brutal attack' is not only absurd, but cruel.

there may have been a misunderstanding of intent; that happens a lot on the internet. all that's needed is a clarification, stated kindly and respectfully.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its crimes comment. Its true that you cant judge sarcasm online.

Yea right looks like Yea Right

Yea right (youre full of S***)
Yea right (Im in pain too!)

Lets stop judging and help ourselves. Stress gets us worse remember?

By the way I have MCS too, and Im taking GiGis advice to clean up with chorella and digestive enzymes and yes I do still have some small fillings in my mouth. The large ones were drilled out years ago and I probabbly still have that crap in me.

I cant take anti-funglas without getting stiff like a corpse and laying down with severe nightmares. So the chorella is my only other option. Im dumping it down. I have to get better, at least with this yeast crap!!!!!

I cant even take 2 drops of GSE, I end up in bed dreaming that ive died and am driving around my car with people kids haunting me. Very depressing.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crime has MCS. I know that for a fact.

I still don't get it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its crimes comment. Its true that you cant judge sarcasm online.

Yea right looks like Year Right

Yea right (youre full of S***)
Yea right (Im in pain too!)

Lets stop judging and help ourselves. Stress gets us worse remember?

By the way I have MCS too, and Im taking GiGis advice to clean up with chorella and digestive enzymes and yes I do still have some small fillings in my mouth. The large ones were drilled out years ago and I probabbly still have that crap in me.

I cant take anti-funglas without getting stiff like a corpse and laying down with severe nightmares. So the chorella is my only other option. Im dumping it down. I have to get better, at least with this yeast crap!!!!!

I cant even take 2 drops of GSE, I end up in bed dreaming that ive died and am driving around my car with people kids haunting me. Very depressing.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by heiwalove:
michelle, making fun of someone for being sensitive and accusing them of launching a 'brutal attack' is not only absurd, but cruel.

there may have been a misunderstanding of intent; that happens a lot on the internet. all that's needed is a clarification, stated kindly and respectfully.

Heiwa, is it possible that you are still not getting my post? I am not accusing you of launching a brutal attack!!!

I am saying that you and whoever else is somehow "offended" by some post in this thread are looking for insult where none is intended.

Clearly the 'brutal attack' is meant tongue-in-cheek to characterize the person slipping in whatever mean comment which cannot now be located, and NOT you.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by heiwalove:

I'm still waiting for Spooky to clarify because I don't know what upset her. I even said "please" clarify.

The rest of us can only guess until she in fact does clarify.

ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get it either, and I'm afraid the rush to assume negative intent has become a big problem for this board in general. I hope people start taking a minute to clarify others' intentions first, if there's any question, either publicly or by PM. Damage is already done when you clarify after the fact.

Thanks to Gigi for posting this info. I have two big-name supposedly 'natural' brand products in front of me and each one has some of these ingredients. The search continues.

Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listenswithcare
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listenswithcare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thread hijacked by craziness. Can we please just drop it and get back to the topic?

Does anyone have any suggetions for where to find shampoo, soap, lotions, that don't have these nasty ingredients?

My "natural" products have them in them!

Robin

hillaryb
Member # 10049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hillaryb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I researched this a while ago, and the cleanest body care products I found are by Terressentials -- www.terressentials.com

They don't make traditional shampoos. Instead, it's a clay you massage into your hair. I've used a bunch of their products, like soaps and lotions, and I like them.

A lot of people make their own skin & beauty products using things like olive oil, witch hazel, etc. If you google "home make skin care" you should find a few DIY recipes.

Posts: 90 | From Sunny Southern Cali | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh,

I came back to this post to read what may or may not have been suggested that I could use to detox my body.

I was AMAZED and I kinda mean what I say, by the fact that what Gigi posted- that information, IS what makes me sick.

I am trying to use her information and the information she posted in order to clear myself of MCS, which I DO have. So does my 9 year old daughter.

So, I didn't say anything. I didnt sabatoge anyone's post, I didn't even use the words "yea" or "yea right" in anything that I said.

I have no clue who SpookyDew referred to, but I sure as heck hope it was not directed at me or anyone else.

My god, I left lymenet a while ago because of posts like this, so I will not join in after this one.

But just for the record:
I am not a liar.
I am not a sabatoger.
I can't spell sabatoger for the life of me.

I have lyme. I have multiple chemical sensitivity. I have bartonella.
And I KNOW I have yeast.
And, I have no idea who spooky was talking about or why my name was called out,but it was highly unappreciated.

I am a fellow VERY alternative lyme patient.

Thanks for the information on what may help me Gigi, it was very kind. And hiya Lymetoo. Thanks too girl.

Carry on all. Again, my post was SERIOUS.

--------------------

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

I hear you-we're all in the dark on this one.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You're welcome, Crime! Good to see you again!! [hi]

I never could figure out who said, "Yeah, right?"

a clay shampoo, huh?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hillaryb
Member # 10049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hillaryb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes--it really is clay (or mud, if you prefer). It's supposed to get your hair in a natural state, without stripping the oils (like traditional shampoo). I've used it, but the trick is that you can't use any other hair products when using it--products will cause build-up, and the clay doesn't remove the build-up very well. Since I'm using any kind of hair product now, it works for me.

Crime & others with MCS: have you tried using a far-infrared sauna to detox? I don't know if you can stand the heat, but I believe that there's been some research on FIR saunas ability to detox different toxins. They are expensive, but your insurance might cover part of the cost if medically necessary.

Posts: 90 | From Sunny Southern Cali | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Please note that these lists date back to 1995. Some of the companies may have cleaned up their products by now and some may no longer be available. But basically - these are the guidelines we still follow today.

In the meantime it has also been determined that products containing Titanium Dioxide are not desirable (carcinogenic). If you want the research, please look for it.

Solvent-free Shopping List

Rule 1- All plastic has traces of benzene It's almost impossible to avoid plastic though, because most companies cant afford to beat the expense of shipping products in heavier glass jars. However, try to transfer as much as you can into glass containers when you get home.'

Rule 2- Almost all make-up has benzene in it from the extraction process of the particular pigments, scents, and ingredients needed. Even the health food store brands (BWC, Rachel Perry, Aubrey. and Weleda, etc.) almost always have propyl-, methyl-, benzene-, etc., in them. Your best bet is to buy all your make-up from REAL Purity in Michigan (1-800-253-1694), Their products are absolutely clean and natural. They also have shampoo creme rinse, moisture lotion, hair spray with grain alcohol, halt gel, and deodorant.

Men might want to order ``chapstick'' called Hauschka's lip cream'' from Kripalu (1-800-967-7279). Hauschka's is a well.respected German company using all natural sources. (And their lip cream doesn't look like lipstick!)

``Arcoroc'' and other French and Italian glass-- even colored glass - test better than other brands (less toxic metal-lead-influence).

Cosmetics - Good

Xylifresh toothpaste
TeaTree (Australia) toothpaste
Auromere toothpaste
Ecodent tooth powder in paper container
Peelu toothpaste
Peelu tooth powder

Crystal deodorant
Hauschka's lip cream
Real Purity ``E'' stick
Burt's Bee Soap
Burt's Bee body powder

Chica Bella Shampoo Chica Bella Creme Rinse
Chica Bella moisture lotion Chica Bella soap

Real Purity shampoo
Real Purity cr�me rinse
Real Purity moisture lotions
Real Purity hair spray
Real Purity hair gel
Real Purity deodorant
Real Purity ( all their products are okay)
Real Purity hair dye

Miscellaneous
AVO CAT dry food dry cleaning
Sensible Choice wet cat food Contact lenses

Cosmetics - Bad

Tom's toothpaste
Weleda pink toothpaste
Weleda salt toothpaste
Homeodent

Most other deodorants

Vaseline
Lip cream
Chapstick
Noxzema

Almost all BWC, Zia, Rachel Perry, Weleda,
Aubrey, Kiss my Face

All other hairspray

All other hair dyes

Dry cleaning
Contact Lenses

Groceries - Good

7th Generation Q-tips/cotton balls!
menstrual pads [Chlorine and dioxin-free]
Second Nature toilet paper, paper towels,
napkins [Chlorine and dioxin-free]
Macrobiotic-type crackers Most crackers
Rice Cakes Enriched with A and D Rice Dream
Organic Rice Dream
One Earth Laundry Powder
One Earth Bleach
Ecover Laundry Powder
Country Save Laundry Detergent
Country Save Bleach
7th Generation Dishwasher soap

Of course, organic fruits, vegetables, whole grains, bottled salad dressings, olives, pickles, pasta, whole grain breads and many other whole foods from your co-op and health food store are find. Not listed is obvious junk food, like Jell-O and chewing gum, because no one but concerned health-oriented people are going to read this anyway!

We are also in agreement with Dr. Clark's beliefs that, in the presence of these chemical solvents, aflatoxins= a toxic mold by-product found on all nuts, bread more than a few days old, overripe fruit, beer, and many bulk grains-are more opportunistic. Therefore, while you are detoxing solvents, avoid these products as much as possible. However, if you cook the grains and nuts, it should destroy any aflatoxins. Also, mixing a 1/2 tsp of powered ascorbic acid (Thorne) with your nut butters should render them mold free.

Solvent Detox Protocol

The most effective way to detox isopropyl and related alcohols, and benzene and related hydrocarbons, is to simply avoid them. However, the following pure, solvent-free nutritional supplements can speed up the average 5 month process.

Chlorella Begin with 4 a day; 2 in the morning, 2 at night, without food. Build up to 8-12 per day If your amalgam fillings are removed. Take chlorella and garlic to8ether, on& 2:1 ratio. (Chlorella is a powerful l toxic chemical and metal chelator)
Garlic Take. at the nine time with chlon,l1a, on 1:2 ratio. without food. Build up to 4-6 ~per day. ~The sulfur in garlic attracts and absorbs toxic metals and chemicals, and strengthens the liver's detoxification cytochrome p450 system~

* Free-Radical Quencher 3 to 6 a day, with or without food. (Antioxidants. assist in chemical detox and cell membrane
repair.

* Pycnogenol
2 to 6 a day, without food. ~Pycnogenol is a more powerful antioxidant then vitamin C and E.

* `Buffered C Powder 1to 2 tsp a day, with or without food. (Buffered vitamin helps alkalinize acidic solvent toxic tissues, and acts as an electron donor for energy and a strong antioxidant .

* Anti-Mutagens 2 a day, without food, 1 in am., 1 In p.m. (A blend of anti-carcinogens of plant origin. that
protect against the harmful effects of air and water pollution and electromagnetic fields. Don't let the ``propyl-`` scare you-it's a natural plant product!

* NH4~Redox
2. day without food; 1 in am., 1 in p.m. (reduces Intestinal ammonia that is linked~ to hepatic encephalopathy'' - the neuropsychlatrlc abnormalities such as memory log, and depression that rise with liver dysfunction secondary to toxic solvents and metals)

* L-Trepein
2 a day. with food. (A lipotrophic that aids in liver repair and helps restore metabolic enzyme function to better. detox solvents.)

Phospholiplds
2 a day, with food. (Helps repair cell and nerve membranes and restore efficient fat metabolism.)

Ornithine 2 to 4 before bed. (This amino acid is mildly sleep inducing and taken before bed stimulates growth hormone production. It also helps repair solvent-damaged cell walls.)

Arginine Qr Citrulline 2 capsules, 2 times a day (4/day), away from food with
Aminomine. (Arginine. also helps repair solvent damaged cell walls, as well as stimulating growth hormone and enhancing thymus activity. Take citrulline if you have a history of herpes outbreaks)

Aminomine 2 capsules, 2 times a day (4/day), away from food (Combination amino acid specifically for brain cell repair. This is especially important since all solvents have neurotoxic and neuropsychiatric effects.)

Eggs
2 to 6 per day. (``Apoprotein E, found in eggs, shuttles cholesterol to the injured nerve and cell membranes for repair and regeneration. It also assists in escorting the cholesterol FROM the body)

*Double on days of increased toxic solvent exposure.

To remove plastics/ Pthalates from body - we take 500 mg

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey all you natural people....I found out how to go without deodorant! [actually I AM using Tom's natural unscented...but one day I didn't use ANY and I was still OK..]

I've been drinking liquid chlorophyll [it's not the first time I've done so] twice a day to help me get rid of this sinus infection. [cleans the blood]

SOOO....I have found that I have NO ODOR when I drink this stuff! Cool! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Cobweb
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Hey all you natural people....I found out how to go without deodorant! [actually I AM using Tom's natural unscented...but one day I didn't use ANY and I was still OK..]

I've been drinking liquid chlorophyll [it's not the first time I've done so] twice a day to help me get rid of this sinus infection. [cleans the blood]

SOOO....I have found that I have NO ODOR when I drink this stuff! Cool! [Smile]

No -it just means your nose peas have multiplied so much you can't smell anything. [Big Grin]
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

LOL lymetoo, really? LIquid chlorpyll? Ok, I still cannot spell.

I cannot use any type of deodorant, unless it is natural. Now, heres another honest to goodness truth: I cannot use Toms Deodorant, even though it IS natural.

For years, and only at 100 lbs, I sweat BAD under my arms. I would keep piling on the Secret, the Suave, whatever I could find, and it would get ten times worse. I had to stuff my underarms with napkins. ( Honestly). And, I was embarrassed. I never thought it was linked to what was IN my deodorant, but it was.

When I got REALLY sick, I didn't care to wear deodorant, so I stopped wearing it altogether. Once I added in Rifampin to the mix, I simply stopped sweating.

I sweat around my cycle but thats it. I had bio blood testing done to get my amalgams removed and noticed one of the things I was highly reactive to was aluminum- the main ingredient in deodorants, so I just never went back. I did try Toms though around my cycle and it made it worse.

Now I use the crystal stones and NO sweating.

That was a bit off topic, but kind of still goes with this post. now I know, Toms is on the no no list. It was for *me*.

Oddly, when I am having a rough of it, I notice that I WILL sweat under my arms. I think I am coming in contact through other forms such as those listed, which may make sense why I come out of the bath feeling like a zombie.

I dont use infrared sauna, but I will look into it!

--------------------

GiGi
Member # 259

It's not a good idea to avoid sweating. Avoiding the odors that come with the sweat is all we like to do. Sweat is toxins leaving the body --- don't stop it!

Use the mineral crystals - buy one and it will last for a very long time. I use a drop of Rechtsregulat if I have a day where I am unloading something with sweat. Use a drop of the liquid minerals you are normally taking internally. Use KMT minerals. Anything with fulvic acid in it. If nanonized it's better.

Don't use anything with aluminum. The worst I have seen is a fellow who owned a Pepsicola distributorship or something - he had a can of it sitting on his desk for years. He was unable to walk (for years) without pain until he stopped drinking out of alumunim, and the things that are contained in it. A long detox program for toxic heavy metals brought him back to life.

Cilantro does a good job for alu toxicity, as for mercury, etc. It crosses the blood brain barrier. But when and how much to take (tincture) or applied to certain body areas should be tested by a good muscle tester. It moves and removes toxins, but knowing when and where is important. I can't do that here in two sentences.

My experience.

Take care.

listenswithcare
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10719

I was looking in the store at some Aubrey Organics products. I think they may have changed since 10 years ago, and are now safe (safer) to use. In any case, their website had some interesting pages on it which I share here.

One was on 10 synthetic ingredients to avoid:
http://tinyurl.com/2229ce

The other was a natural ingredient dictionary:
http://tinyurl.com/88tp6

Robin

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Cobweb:
No -it just means your nose peas have multiplied so much you can't smell anything. [Big Grin]

Maybe you're right!! I was working with glue last night and realized later that I couldn't smell it!

[Eek!]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimeOfLyme:
LOL lymetoo, really? LIquid chlorpyll? Ok, I still cannot spell.

I cannot use any type of deodorant, unless it is natural.

YUP, really!! [Big Grin]

I had to quit using the crystal stuff because it began to break me out and it was itchy. Very strange.

I use Tom's unscented.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

listenswithcare
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10719

I found out about this website the other day. They have alot of raw food products for sale and also safe personal hygiene products.

Check it out. I thought it was really interesting.

http://www.naturalzing.com/

Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement