LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Off Topic.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » CaliforniaLyme (Sarah) BANNED, no reason. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: CaliforniaLyme (Sarah) BANNED, no reason.
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In case you don't see her anymore....

No note. No letter. No box of chocolates.

I guess she was posting too much science. Too much of the other point of view.

She predicted this herself not too ago.

I am sure there are many of you who are happy about this, just like you were happy to see Cave banned. You know who you are.

Soon, LymeNet will belong to you exclusively.

I feel for anyone new looking for advice here.

I feel ashamed to keep signing my name to posts here.

Don't bother banning me, Jennifer.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've got to be kidding me!!! What in the world did she do "wrong?"

Who do they REALLY want on this board???

[confused] [rant] [shake]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
What in the world did she do "wrong?"

Who do they REALLY want on this board???

[confused] [rant] [shake]

Like I said -- No note, no email. Just banned.

She did nothing. Her posts were unfailingly kind.

As to what "they" want -- well, I think it's pretty obvious.

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 9 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's why the old timers are abandoning this site in droves...
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hanginginthere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hanginginthere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
please!!! please!!! please!!! help this NOT to be true!!!!

I rely on her...I read everything she writes...she's one of my lifelines.

I can't imagine anyone more giving or kind. I feel like I could cry...or scream.

This can't be happening!!!!!!!! [cussing]

Posts: 136 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get it.
Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fancykat
Member # 7857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fancykat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usually read but post very little. I have seen the changes over the past few months, although I believe it's been a slow progression for a much longer time.

This is just ridiculous. All of the members whose resources I have turned to and valued on this site have been booted? The ones who seem to have the most grounded, reasonable and helpful info? They have been IMMENSELY helpful to me. And now I don't know what to do.

I have seen so much nastiness, emotional knee-jerk reactions, and passive aggressiveness from members that it has been a major task to weed through all that to get to some help.

I'm saddened. And I'm upset that I will no longer receive the advice, humor, lightness, logic and support from some of the brightest stars here.

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 38 | From behind the definitions | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what???!!! why??

okay, this really makes no sense to me whatsoever.

she is one of the KINDEST and most helpful members we have.

please reinstate her. this is ridiculous.

ps. michelle, you're wrong in your assumption that all of us who espouse alternative treatments are 'glad' to see sarah banned. though she and i may not always agree, i think she's an amazing person and i value her presence here immensely. she is always respectful and always kind, helpful, and informative and she has a heart of GOLD. i am incredibly saddened and upset that this has happened.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am without words at the moment.
[shake]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[cussing] here is the note she sent me, and I'M TOTALLY SHOCKED, SADDENED, AND UPSET SARAH, WHO SPENT HOURS ON HERE WITH PUB MED INFO, ETC. WAS BANNED! [cussing]

Keep up the good fight Betty. Don't undertsand what is going on, but I guess I am not as worthwhile as I thought)*!

Oh well (I've been banned, no letter, no reason given.

After so many years of helping out I am a bit stunned frankly. Was seriously depressed for about 15 minutes.

Shocked. Saddened. Oh well.

Hold the fort- the newbies need you & LymeToo more than ever now-

Take care. Respectfully, Sincerely,
Sarah O.

michelle, thanks for posting this as i was going to with what i received above.

sarah, who set up a 1-800 no. to help fellow lymies; who read pub-med every morning to give us the latest on her efforts.

awhile back in SUPPORT, someone asked WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LYME EFFORTS; if that reader reads this, please show your link on this thread please !

i was OVERWHELMED with how sarah has devoted her LIFE to helping all lymies and raising her 2 kids with a very sick husband!

Lou B and Jenifer, please reply to this thread WHY one of you banned her; specifically ok.

she welcomed all folks here as i do; helped get them to their 1st LLMDs, gave links galore on every IMAGINABLE SUBJECT raised, and what an ACTIVE ACTIVIST emailing here//there plus many phone calls.

lyme rallies ... she went to as many as possible including east coast from california!

LOU B AND JENIFER,

PLEASE i am begging you to let sarah come back as she is a GOLD-MINE OF INFO, USING THE SEARCH functions for manythings needed including many things for TINCUP'S big projects.

tell her specifically what she has done so she will NOT REPEAT it again. she's got a deep pockets heart, and cares about all.

she also will NOT take crap here since the boards have not been moderated as well during your absence lou. i realize it's TOO MUCH for jenifer alone to do and even 2 folks like yourself lou!!

we've been infilitrated so much this past year by trolls that have slipped thru the cracks and have made their presence known by instigating fights and absurd comments that we feel the NEED TO DEFEND!

PLEASE UNBAN SARAH IMMEDIATELY; she doesn't deserve this.

this darn lyme causing lyme rages that get out of hand ... i've hated seeing this happen on the board and to many good friends who have contributed their KNOWLEDGE unconditionally.

Lou and Jenifer, I also would like an update on the fund drive; how much is needed and how do you plan to use this money.

i do hope we can get something fixed since the major lightning strike since the board is down so much like the good OLDEN days when i joined here. THANKS FOR THE FUTURE UPDATE! [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand. If she didn't get an email how does she know she was banned?

--------------------

RECIDITE, PLEBES! Gero rem imperialem!
(Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.)

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That was sweet of her to mention lil ole me. She contributed so much to this board and to Lyme patients in general.

I do hope she will be reinstated. I'm at a loss for words as well.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand either.
[confused]

One reason is that she is still showing as a member in the directory. Banned members do not show up.

If she has indeed been banned it is a sad day for this forum, indeed. [shake]

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just tried to send a PM and it said her mailbox was full.

?????

Could she be mistaken? I didn't think they banned you without a note.

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daise
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Californialyme is banned?

That doesn't make any sense.

What on Earth for?

She's an example for all.

Can we not help others?

Makes no sense.

What????????????????????

Twilight Zone. Do-do-do-do ... do-do-do-do-DAHHHH

Daise

Ellie K
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellie K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has to be some kind of a mistake, no???
Posts: 390 | From Oakland, CA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i received this tonight, and thought it applies to this situation...

to me, sarah is a SWEET TATOR! [kiss] don't you agree?

http://www.frontiernet.net/~jimdandy/specials/sweettators/

from reading your comments above, here's my GUESS! when they ban or PUT THEM ON HOLD to cool them off, when they go to log in, they can NOT. perhaps it states YOU ARE BANNED at this point.

i do NOT know! i just hear privately from many o those who have been banned! [confused]

tutu, yes, i wanted you to know that; so i included her whole note to me! [group hug] [kiss]

BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My concern is this.

Who on this board is so hypersensitive that they cannot accept different opinions and/or heated discussions.

With Lyme comes many emotional issues.
I am praying that the "EMOTIONAL" side of this board is not controlling the scientific, medical and informative part.

It is my responsibility if I take posts personally.

Anyone who spends as much time on the board as people like Cave, Marnie, Gigi, CalifLyme, Tutu and others, are committed to one thing: Getting and Giving Lyme Info.

I thought the objective of Lymenet is to get healthy.

What has happened?

Respectfully,
Peace,
BJG [Frown]

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daise
Unregistered

I tried to watch your link, BettyG, but I was afraid the music would wake my neighbors!

I'm just sick about Sarah being banned.

It makes me not want to make friends here if people could be so easily banned--for no reason.

This is the United States Of America!

Sarah is important here. It won't be the same without her. She helped a lot of people.

I'm really upset. And angry. [cussing]

Sarah, if you read this: [group hug]

I don't believe it.

Daise

Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope it's just some kind of misunderstanding.

CaliforniaLyme is a stand up person. I can't imagine that she's done anything to warrant being banned.

If she's been banned, please allow her to return.

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.
-Abigail van Buren (Pauline Esther Friedman) (1918-2002)

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you're reading this, sarah, i miss you already.

i really hope this is some sort of mistake.

[group hug]

--------------------

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope this report is a mistake. Sarah is one of the most helpful people here. She is kind. She is informative. She is funny. She is dedicated. She inspires people with her success story. She is instantly responsive and goes out of her way to help people. She has a national hotline for Lyme that she has operated out of her home for several years. She saves people's lives. I feel proud and honored to know her. I couldn't give a higher accolade to someone here.

If there are any problems, people deserve to know what the problems are and be given the chance to clear up the misunderstanding so everyone doesn't have to leave lymenet.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 13 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're kidding, right?

You've GOT to be kidding!!!!!!!

Can someone PLEASE explain what is going on?

WHAT rule did she break????

[shake] [shake] [shake]

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most people who read lymenet would probably vote to have this valuable contirbutor restored.

Can we have a vote to override the ban?

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I just checked member status, and she is listed as a member. So maybe there is some kind of error here. Anyway, Sarah is a major backbone of this site and should stay!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robin, I just did a 'search' on her number, the search came back 'this number is not listed as a member' or something like that.

Another member, Jimbob, has also been banned. I suspect the thread responsible for that was the one on Buhner/ Cowden, by Heiwalove.

I'm sad to know that for both members, Sarah AND Jimbob. But I somehow understand both points of views... and give reason to each of them.

I just think that things should be kept cool in open discussions here!! Lymenetters lose when people with long term experience with any protocol/s whatsoever get banned.

I hope it's just temporary like it was for previous banned people.
Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT IS GOING ON??????????????????

It seems to me that it is time for a new forum. I'm about done with this.

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is really shocking and unfortunate. Sarah has done so much to help people, and is a big inspiration to me and so many. Why in the world would she be banned from any forum dealing with lyme disease?

There is a great forum with science and rational discussion of the issues at http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/

Indeed, as Sarah pointed out, newbies need lymetoo and betty and all our help more than ever now that two of the most caring and dedicated knowledgeable posters are banned.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happened?

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is very worrying and I am not happy to hear about this.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [dizzy] [bonk]

I simply do NOT understand....

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not Sarah. Not Cavey. [Frown]

What in the world is going on???!!!!

Not JimBob too?????!!!!!!

Is this a Lymenet cleaning house activity????

Please, please Lou and Jennifer, let these invaluable members back on. Please???!!!!

I shudder to think of the loss of insight, education, information and yes

Friendship We will all be missing.

We are going into the Christmas season.

I humbly ask the administrators to show some compassion and allow these banned members back.

We all need the info they provide as well as their messages of hope.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's disturbing about this slow quiet process is that systematically all the most active and long-standing members of this board are being targeted.

Next is: tree? bettyg? lymetoo?

I think it's time for an alternate board. Would you guys like me to look into options on the net about setting one up? Does anyone who is reading this have an option?

Best wishes,

--------------------
For medical advice related to Lyme disease, please see an ILADS physician.

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peacesoul
Unregistered

I'm new here and been on this site less than a month and since being here a few peeps were banned.
This site is so drama ridden and filled with ridiculous politics.
I have no clue why anyone was banned, but it seems to me the mods or admins are on some sort of power trip.......too bad b/c this site should be about healing and healing does not include drama.
I'm grateful for my other lyme site b/c this one seems too aggresive and "far out" for me

weird!
oh and by the way, I thought calilyme was a great gal. She had lots of helpful info and offered her side of lyme. Which ALL SIDES are needed in order for everyone to make the right choices

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am dumbfounded. I do not understand why this happened. I cannot recall any recent threads where Sarah may have said anything to lead to this. Has anyone?

Yes, Ali - you can be banned without warning. It happened to NatureLover and Arrow. I was not given any information from Jenifer as to why they were banned - just that they were.

And now JimBob, too? He hardly even posts these days!
(Oh, I just saw Selma's post about the Buhner/ Cowden thread, and I had not read that one for awhile.)

Well, in case I am next, it has been nice getting to know all of you the past couple of years..... [Frown]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT?!&#!%^&

This is just messed up!

I stay out of all the BS here, but this is just plain wrong!

Sarah is always a positive lovely person with TONS of knowledge and I am sick to my stomach.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS SITE?

[rant] [cussing] [rant] [Mad] [loco] [confused]

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are multiple posts to the Buhner v. Cowden thread that have been edited by a moderator. It seems clear to me that there were things written that were deemed inappropriate. But we will not find those now.

Hopefully explanations will be provided to those who were banned, and perhaps this is just temporary.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is only a wild guess and may be totally wrong, but what comes to mind is her posting on the guy at her workplace (or former workplace?) who was HIV positive and handsome and in her description preyed on young women where he worked. There was just enough detail in that post that the moderators and site might have been considered legally liable. Esp. because of HIV confidentiality laws. That was a thread I contributed to as someone posted a case in Illinois involving AIDS.

Have no idea about JimBob I always enjoyed his posts.

Strange times.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

quote:
Originally posted by Truthfinder:

Yes, Ali - you can be banned without warning. It happened to NatureLover and Arrow. I was not given any information from Jenifer as to why they were banned - just that they were.

For the record, "Nature Lover" and "Arrow" were NOT long time LymeNet posters like Sarah. They were not activists who devoted most of their days to helping every new poster who appeared here to find their way.

Rather, they were two people who materialized out of nowhere for the purpose of posting on the "miracle mineral" thread.

If they made any other contribution to LymeNet, then I apologize -- I must have missed it.

Sarah was not one to say "What has LymeNet done for me lately?"

She was one to say "What can I do for LymeNet today?"

HUGE difference.

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone wants to know what happened I would ask moderators about it through emails.

--------------------
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I emailed the president of Lymenet-

[email protected]

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momfromtexas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momfromtexas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a newbie, and Sarah was an incredible help to me in private emails none of you saw.

I think she was helping people non-stop.

If she was banned for doing something wrong, I believe she had no idea it was wrong.

I don't know how to reach the moderators...but please take this suggestion.

Post something at the top of the site explaining what should not be said on the site. We may be losing so many people because the don't know these rules.

Then let Sarah and a few other core members, and much needed helpers, back on and watch them. If they do not do it again, then we have all benefitted.

Moderators, please consider that many of the people entering this site are newly infected and need correct and clear information FAST so as not to become chronic and she was a key person giving it to them.

Is there another blog were those lost to us are going, please someone post this information.

Thank you.

[ 21. November 2007, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Momfromtexas ]

Posts: 349 | From usa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michelle, I realize that those people were new, but my point was that within the past week, other people have been banned with no explanation. I don't think it is particularly good SOB (standard operating procedure) in either case, do you?

And for the record, the new members did not ``materialize out of nowhere''. The evolution of how they got here is evident on other websites with connections to LymeNet members - NatureLover in particular came here by connecting with another LymeNet member.

Hey, Tree - I already tried that. I did receive a reply, but no information as to what happened or why.

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DesperationIn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesperationIn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has to be a mistake here. Sarah's posts are incredibly caring, tactful and helpful to all. Also, she is an incredibly encouraging person who gives those like myself a lot of hope and provides invaluable insight. What in the world is going on?

-Despin

Posts: 163 | From Cleveland, OH | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is insane.

When longtime members who help people day in and day out with compassion and valuable information are suddenly banned, the entire board deserves a public explanation. IMO.

Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annick73
Member # 13795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annick73     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I first came to this board I was extremely concerned about my illness and did not know where to go or what to do next. That was until I received a private message from Sarah. She has been extremely helpful. I am stunned by the news this morning. Sarah was the beat at the heart of this forum. Thumbs down to this site.
Posts: 17 | From Michigan | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am very upset with this news. I actively searched out her VERY helpful posts!!!

This is a sad day for Lymenet!

Allie

Posts: 300 | From Northeast | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Deleted

[ 21. November 2007, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: David95928 ]

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

quote:

Hey, Tree - I already tried that. I did receive a reply, but no information as to what happened or why.

It takes me sometimes a couple to 3 days to get a reply and this is thanksgiving weekend so it may be longer?

--------------------

Newbie Links

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

I already got a reply, Tree.... (see above)

--------------------
Tracy

treepatrol
Member # 4117

quote:
I already got a reply, Tree.... (see above)

Sorry iam really tired today bin up since 3:45 am

--------------------

Newbie Links

mushroomman06
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mushroomman06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please let her back! I'm lost in words and thoughts.
Posts: 108 | From maryland | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sarah gave this board hope!!! Please bring Sarah back, we miss her!! [Frown]
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

quote:
I suspect an IDSA backed and/or personality disordered troll is behind this
I agree!

Divide and conquer!!!

We are smarter than this people Lyme or no Lyme!! [tsk]

CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was banned last night. It was horrible. I came on to post and was posting and went from one post to another and then it said, "Your posting ability has been revoked" in little black letters and wouldn't let me do ANYTHING, not even read stuff. And I had no letter in my ebox and was very upset. I am surprised at how upset I was actually. It really HURT. A lot. Way more than I had htought it could or would.

This morning I got a really nice note from Lou B that Jenifer had banned me while investigating something and then had re-instated me.

I am more relieved than you know or could ever guess. I was up most of the night and cried a bunch, while I had thought that, "Heck, if I
got banned it wouldn't get to me."

Instead, I found that it really, really matters even more than I thought it did for me. You guys
really really matter. This place really, really matters.

Thank you so much you guys, I didn't know this thread existed until right now when I just read it and you guys were so nice.

As of this morning I am UN-banned. I am so grateful. It was horrible. Thank you!!

I think Lou B is wonderful and I think our moderators do the best they can with a board that is gosh-darned difficult. I know I wouldn't want to moderate it- and I am grateful for them both, very much so.

I am SO grateful to be here you don't even know, in fact, I am crying AGAIN!!! But from gratitude-
Very
Sincerely,
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsy_bitsyone
Unregistered

We are all happy elsewhere

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/

and

http://www.lymeenigma.proboards104.com/index.cgi?

Lymenet Europe has both science and alt forums

Lyme Enigma is NOT for alternavistas, its a healthy debate on Lyme and related issues (like thyroid, etc) in a mature way that doesn't endorse ANY particular method of treatment. Its friendly and laid back. BUT, with a scientifical/medical bent.

Sarah is a member of both BUT posts mostly at Europe. Cave as well.

I came here JUST to post this because I'm not really interested in the drama here and rarely ever come even look.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

SARAH IS BACK!!!!! [woohoo] [woohoo]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Her posts have helped me tremendously.

Isn't that what Lymenet is all about?

Lily

Posts: 219 | From Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hi Nancy!! [hi] Love ya!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

merrygirl
Member # 12041

YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!~~~!!@~!~!

I am so glad you are here!! [group hug]

Welcome back!!!

Thanks to the moderators!! [woohoo]

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
SARAH IS BACK!!!!! [woohoo] [woohoo]

Best news I have heard all day! Sarah, you are a treasure for
lymenet.

I am still going to visit that other great forum on the other side of the virtual Atlantic.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

SARAH, SARAH, SARAH!!

(that was a chant!!) [Wink]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hanginginthere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hanginginthere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hopped over to the over forum last night too--just in case that was the only place to 'see' my favorite people.

I'm simply thrilled that you, Sarah, are still here!!!and many others as well!!! [group hug]

Posts: 136 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

copied from general support:

(((SARAH!!!!)))
*)!)*)!*)!)!!!

I can't possibly tell you how happy I am to see you back here right now!!!!!!! [kiss]

(I'm sobbing hysterically!)

[group hug] [kiss] [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

I knew if I believed hard enough, things would start falling back into place.

I hope the rest falls back in too!

[group hug] [kiss]
Ali

--------------------

Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forum: A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

"Open discussion" are the key words here!

I have so appreciated Lymenet over the years. There's info here I could get nowhere else and what better than someone's personal experience or dedicated research to help a fellow sufferer learn.

I've not agreed with every poster but that's ok the info might be helpful for someone else. But the ones banned have been especially knowledgeable and so kind to share what they know.

Why can't everyone just read and decide for themselves what they feel will help them?

I could understand if someone was habitually mean and nasty and really far out there with ideas, but I personally have never noticed this. And there is the opportunitiy for someone to come along and disagree so another side is give.

Who "owns" Lymenet anyway? I guess I don't understand this power to ban.

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
GOD BLESS YOU LOU BACHMAN FOR REINSTATING SARAH!

now we have another reason to be THANKFUL for THANKSGIVING DAY! [bow] [group hug] [kiss]

sarah, i sent you a PM and yours was the 1st email i read today! YIPPEE!!

heiwalove
Member # 6467

hooray!!!!! [Smile] [Smile]

so happy you're back, sarah!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

daise
Unregistered

Sarah,

I'm glad you're back. We need you.

You are an inspiration! You give and give and give. Thank you, Sarah. [group hug]

You weren't even given any warning. That's sick. What was done to you, even for a little while, and what was done to all of us, is wrong.

But I'll tell you something. I can't forget the power trip that's going on here. Since any member can be banned at any time with no warning, I don't think there is much of a future for Lymenet.

Control, control, control.

I cannot accept what was done to you, Sarah, even when it was done to you for a little while--and to all of us. IT'S MEAN.

Am I next, for practicing free speech?

I have to approach this board from now on, from the point of view that this board is not in keeping with the spirit of the Constitution and my days here are numbered.

Daise [cussing] [rant] [loco] [Mad]

artraveler
Member # 12764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artraveler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hurray!!!!!!!!!!! [woohoo] I'm so glad to see you reinstated!!! [kiss]

But I think I will be checking out other sites as well. With all of this drama constantly goingon, how can anyone get the help they need? [cussing]

--------------------
May we all find peace one day and may peace prevail on earth ~ Traveler

Posts: 66 | From traveling the U.S. | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I THINK THE QUESTION THAT MATTERS THE MOST STILL REMAINS UNANSWERED.

WHY WERE U BANNED SARAH?

WHY ARE THE MODS JUST BANNING PEOPLE AS THEY WISH
W/O PRIOR WARNING OT NOTICE?

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IMHO

HUMBLY

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi LymeNet Users, [hi]

Sarah was NOT banned. Her ability to post was "temporarily" blocked while one of our Moderators investigated an incident.

I informed Sarah that we were working on it in an email to her last night @ 10.52PM and sent another email last night @ 11:51PM stating her posting ability had been re-enabled.

In my view this Topic and others talking about who got banned, who didn't get banned and demanding that we @ LymeNet explain, in detail, everything we do is inappropriate!

Some of you LymeNet Users are simply OUT-OF-CONTROL!!! Can't we simply work together without fighting?

Please, have a Happy Thanksgiving and peace to all of you,

[ 21. November 2007, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Lou B ]

--------------------
Lou B
 -

Posts: 2200 | From Mount Hope, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daise
Unregistered

Lou,

No, banning people in such a way as this is not the way to go--even temporarily. It is mean and it is wrong.

Daise

Robin123
Member # 9197

Lou, how this is all being handled is upsetting people, even to the point people are going to other boards or investigating them. It makes people feel very insecure, as in who's next to go without reasons given or understanding.

Maybe it would be a good idea not to block people here while you are investigating something. And to have a communication with the people involved and work out the issues with them. Apparently, Sarah didn't get the email messages about what was going on, and then all of us got upset.

If there is further need to post clear rules for board use, fine. Maybe to put it at the top of the posting sections so people can know what's expected of them.

Also, I would like to see Jimbob reinstated. He has been a longtime member, is very informative about the herbs, and deserves to be here to give and receive support.

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Lou, thank you for posting.

However, what Sarah got, while she was -- as ALWAYS -- answering someone's post, was:

"Your ability to post has been revoked."

Now, that would lead a reasonable person to believe they have been banned.

While I realize this is your forum, the truth is that there soon will be no forum without longtime members like the ones who've been banned lately.

Cave is chief among those who have been exiled, and is far from forgotten.

The very existence of LymeNet depends on people like them.

AliG
Member # 9734

Apparently the problem that Sarah had been having, in receiving the e-mails from Lymenet, must not have been resolved.

Sarah was given an explanation for the temporary block, she just must not have received it.

Daise,

I realize you're upset, everyone has been. You're entitled to your opinion and so am I.

I believe you're basing your opinion on what you've seen in one (or possibly a few?) month's time and your perspective may be different than mine.

It is my opinion that your comments to Lou are a bit out of line. LouB has been a kind-hearted, fair, caring, dedicated moderator. Jen has been too (only within her part-time ability).

There was a communication problem between the moderators & Sarah. Lou notified her what was going on, she just didn't get the e-mail. What was wrong with that? He was even nice enough to explain that to everyone, when it really had nothing to do with us.

I think there are many who've been here for a long time that would feel the same way, if they step back and look at the bigger picture of what has been occuring here.

We've had a little (OK big) crisis on the board and it is in the process of being resolved.

I really can't stand to see people relating to each other antagonistically. It's just hurtful.

[shake]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement