LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Off Topic.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » CaliforniaLyme (Sarah) BANNED, no reason. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: CaliforniaLyme (Sarah) BANNED, no reason.
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michelle-

Sarah was having problems before getting her e-mails from Lymenet. I remember her & Jennifer having a big hullabaloo about it on the board.

Lou said he sent her two e-mails & she was only blocked for an hour.

I think this has all been a big, blown out of proportion, misunderstanding again.

Isn't that possible? Or am I the only one who sees it this way?

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My dear AliG,

I SO appreciate what a peacemaker you are. I really do. I really WISH I could say I saw it that way.

Instead, what I see are people leaving in droves.

What I see are a handful of people controlling this forum.

I still find the banning of Cave absolutely beyond belief and insupportable.

I am sorry, but I find moderators too quick to judgment and there is little doubt in my own mind which squeaky wheels are pushing their buttons -- probably incessantly. I am sure it is tiresome for them to deal with.

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michelle,

I do see some of the same things you see, but I want this all to go away!

I want the hurt feelings, anger, bitterness, sensitivity, negativity, combativeness and general unkindness to GO AWAY!!!!!

I want all the people I've grown to care so much about (INCLUDING CAVE!!!!) to come back. While there are still many supportive people here, I REALLY miss the many who are gone. [Frown]

I'm trying to understand what happened here as best I can and I want to find a way to make it better.

I just don't know how to fix it. [shake]

I do know it's not going to get better unless people start finding it in their hearts to forgive each other and start trying to look for the good in each other instead of waiting to pounce on each other.

The moderators are a very important part of this support network and I think if they were cut a little slack early on, it wouldn't have gotten to this point.

I suspect that "not seeing the forest for the trees" may have led to issues between Jennifer & Cave and things escalated out of control. This is purely my speculation through my own observations.

If that IS the case, I'm hoping that Lou may be able to intervene and smooth things over. I feel that Cave was a very, very important resource here, at least she was to me.

I don't see that happening if things don't cool off at all and people remain ready to jump down each other's throats.

I am trying my hardest to make peace among us because I really don't feel that I can take much more upset and I very selfishly want ALL my resources for support back!

I just don't know what else to do. [Frown]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lou-

be forewarned.

your attitude of entitlement to some sort of respect
that all lyme netters owe you or anyone else for that matter is ludicrious.

what is even more ridiculous, is that you, the mod, doesnt need to provide the gen pop with an explanation as to why you just cut people off?

it is unacceptable, and, very discouraging to know this is how people are dealt with and or viewed on this site.

are you now going to ban me for voicing my opinion?

i mean seriously, where do we draw the line?

if it simply is a lack of staff or a lack of "mods" or the "heavenly beings" then maybe consider getting additional help so that issues can be resolved in a more rational manner.

i am sure there are many lymies who would love a chance to help this site.

at least i know there used to be....

humbly,

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We all have to remember that we are guests on this board....every one of us.

If we get out of line, we can be banned. It's always been that way.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michelle,

I totally agree with you. We understand that the USERS make the LymeNet Flash a valuable resource to the Lyme community. They, our USERS, provide the information, help and support.

This situation was simply caused by timing ... we communicate as fast as we can ... I rapidly sent the emails to Sarah ... she did receive them (there is no problem there) ... she, from what I can determine, did NOT read the emails until this morning.

Come on, please, cut us a little slack ... please, PLEASE don't blow this out of proportion ... PLEASE???

Thank you,

--------------------
Lou B
 -

Posts: 2200 | From Mount Hope, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lymetoo-

GUESTS?

is this a hotel? a restaurant?
we are not customers, and this is not a for profit orginization.

we are people in need, people who deserve respect
and information we can rely on.

i for one am NOT a guest here. i am a contributor, helper, and a gatherer of information, same as every other member is.

the reason people are so fired up, and i am so concerned, is concerning the abuse of banning people w/ little or no notice.

this site holds too many people's lives together for them to wake up one day and not be able to access it.

literally, there are a lot of lymies WHO LIVE on lyme net.

you cannot just cut off one's life source like that. its wrong, ego centric, and uncalled for.

did we not all see how sarah felt?

she was a mess over it. all she does is help people. yes, her opinions and views are sometimes contrary to others, but ISNT THAT THE POINT OF LYMENET???

end of story.

humbly

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

PS-

lou you can have all the slack u need man.

you are human, same am me and the rest of the planet.

we make mistakes.

just dont jeoporadize this thing.

lymenet has a lot of potential. it needs to
remain that way.

--------------------

[email protected]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by djf2005:
lymetoo-

GUESTS?

Yep!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

i disagree.

how long will we argue for the sake of arguing?

well....

lets find out....

humbly, derel

--------------------

[email protected]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Not long!! I'm not an arguer. Is there such a word?? [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

djf2005
Member # 11449

YOU are not an arguer?

hahahaha

well if there is such a word, YOU are IT.

but, so AM I.

[Smile]

--------------------

[email protected]

cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once again I hope to encourage some people, who know more about the ins and outs of this board than i do to !!!!please, please, please!!!!! \

GET OUT OF THE PROBELEM AND HELP FIND A SOLUTION!

If we keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results, well...

that is the definition of INSANITY!

Over the past few weeks, we have played THIS scenario out several times over several different people.

The moderators ahve a right to ban if they see a reason to, we do NOT have control over that. We simply do not. Unless this board becomes a place where you have to PAY to be on it and POST then the ones who "own" it CAN kick you out!

It doesnt matter if we agree or not!!! If this place is as important to you as it is to me, find a sensible solution to the problem.

I for one dont fully UNDERSTAND the problem behind it therefore can only offer what limited insight I may have which also could be totally off.

So, my question is this....

Moderators,

What is the repetitive issue that seems to be creating such a rub and getting individuals temporary or permanantly blocked from access to this sight?

Is it "one" general thing that continues to occur? If so what is it?

Is it based on concern? Liability? What is the basis behind it from your stand point?

With this, maybe collectively we can come up with SOLUTIONS for the future!!!

And please, please, please, EVERYONE, if any moderator responds to this we do have to remember this is their board!!!! They can set the rules, period. If we dont like it we can go somewhere else!!!!

So in a sense, yes, we are Guests that contribute, support, etc, but we are still guests!!!

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had logged off without having gotten anything and didn't get anything until this morning!!!
I am sure Lou sent them last night as he said but I didn't get them then-
I got them this morning.

I am just glad to be here.

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

and we're so glad to have you here!!!! [group hug] [kiss]

--------------------

bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've ever been in management, you know that one of the tough things about it is keeping confidentiality, while carrying out difficult responsibilities.

The moderators could give us blow by blow descriptions of why they make decisions for and about other people, but that would be a violation of privacy.

I'm glad they have more respect for contributors than to gossip about other people's business.

So, what do you say we get back to lymenet business?

What if each person reading this post goes back right now and answers a question for a searching newbie, in the most thoughtful, educated, scientific, creative, supportive, and caring way possible.

That's what lymenet is really all about, isn't it?

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with lymetoo. We are guests. We need to act accordingly. Show a little respect for each other and to the moderators.

Good points bejoy. Let's get back to business.

Glad you are back Sarah.

Thanks moderators for putting up with all this hassle.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Derek (djf2005) and all the LymeNet users,

I'm addressing this to Derek because he brought up these points but my response is also addressed to all the LymeNet users.

Derek, you said "Be forewarned" What? ... why the threat? Please ... lighten up!

Derek, you said "What is even more ridiculous, is that you, the mod, doesnt need to provide the gen pop with an explanation as to why you just cut people off?" Well, let me explain, we ban a user for only one reason, that being violation of the LymeNet Flash Terms & Conditions (Rules) which were displayed to all users when they registered and they clicked on "Agree" but probably didn't read a single word. If you are interested, the LymeNet T&C's are clickable at the bottom of every LymeNet web page and are viewable at this link:
http://www.lymenet.org/terms.shtml

Derek, you said "Lack of staff, mods", money ... Yes, all of the above and we are somewhat at fault for not coming to all of you and saying "we desperately need help" because as the user numbers have grown we always thought we could handle it and a good example why we can't handle it without additional help is this Topic thread ... there are too many of you and if you all come at us we can't possibly handle it ... I can barely keep up with this single Topic thread today ... the rest of the stuff on LymeNet? Who knows ...
Yes ... we need additional moderators to help and we need your donations so we can keep paying the bills.

Oh, another thought ... the number of users on LymeNet has grown exponentially and now we have Lyme Enigma, Lyme News, Lyme World, LymeNet Europe and maybe a few others. What does that tell us? My thought ... Lyme and TBD's are a true epidemic!!! To me, that is very upsetting and I guess all of you being victims or family members of victims are upset too ... I know you can't kick the crap out of the tick that bit you but do you think there is any benefit in kicking the crap out of one another ... and beating the crap out of us guys who do our best to keep LymeNet running?

Guests ... I never thought of it that way but our small group of 7 does our best to keep this thing going ... we or our family members and now all of you (and I am glad to call many of you, especially some of you that have been here with me far too long "my friends") have been affected by these horrible diseases ... Lyme and all the other stuff really sucks!!!

In case some of you don't know why we (the LymeNet team) are here and who we are, read this:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=006842#000000

In case some of you don't know why I hang in here (I know some of my long term friends here have seen this) trying to help. It's this simple, because info we found on LymeNet helped save my daughter's life so I owe my daughter's life and now because she survived, (there were times I didn't she would make it) my grandkids lives to LymeNet. You can read my daughter's story at:
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/lorib/

Thanks for listening to (reading) my ramblings.

Now ... can we all please lighten up? Can you control yourselves ... please stop fighting.

How about a little lovin'?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

--------------------
Lou B
 -

Posts: 2200 | From Mount Hope, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Sarah! [Smile]

And thank you Lou for doing a thankless job! You're the voice of reason on here and I appreciate all you do for Lymenet!

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.
-Abigail van Buren (Pauline Esther Friedman) (1918-2002)

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

lou-

i accept your apology.

i also apologize publicly if i crossed any lines.

it seems clear you all need help. it also seems clear these issues would not continue to arise if you had more help.

i for one (although now i am sure i am not your #1 choice nor do i care) would gladly help in any way i can.

here's to lymenet getting on the road to recovery as well as everyone here.

happy thanksgiving everyone

cheers

humbly,

derek

ps- asking you to be forewarned was not a threat at all, it was simply some good advice. if this continues, there will be little left of lymenet, and the people that actually know something about how to help people such as cave or sarah will be long gone. i know its hard to heed some advice, i struggle with this as well. anyway, this has played out way too long. i hope it gets better

pps- i am formally offering my services in any fashion i am able to lighten the current load on the mods. if you are serious about resolving this issue, pm me and i will be glad to be of some assistance. i am not yet able to work so now is the time. thanks lou.

--------------------

[email protected]

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, Lou, I looked at all the links you provided here. I hope that everyone reads the rules of Lymenet so they don't get broken and put us through all this hassle. It sounds like you and your family have been through a lot, like all of us. It looks like you and your Lymenet group do a lot of work here.

So all I am asking from you is that you find a less hurtful way to investigate any problems on the board. It's extremely upsetting for people to go through blocks and bannings, especially in this most recent example where someone did not even get the communication you sent.

I would really encourage you to do the moderation work here without having to cut people off. To let them know what the problem is so it can be corrected and we can keep our wonderful folks on the board.

Thank you for your attention, and ok, everyone, have a great thanksgiving and let's give thanks to each other for being here to help.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lou and others- Thank you or all that you do

I think that the Lyme group is a fiesty bunch! We have to be or we would not be able to survive!

We just need to be fiesty with the right people
(IDSA, CDC MD"S etc) not each other.

I also think that a lot of us (myself included) feel that this board is much more than some website. It is family, friends and and a sense of hope and I have only been here for 6 months!
So I think we become very protective here.

I think it should be mandatory that ater you read a "questionable" post you should have to wait at least 20 minutes before you post a Reply!!! [bonk] [bonk]

No posting near the full moon too!! Hahaha

Think before we "speak"
This includes me, so I am removing a post I made
"moderators what the heck is going on??? because it no longer needs to exist!

I am really glad Sarah is not banned and that hopefully we can move on!

I have a lot of free time so I am happy to help if needed.

everyone have a happy and safe thanksgiving!!

Melissa [group hug]

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't want ya'll to think that I am stepping on anyones toes, but I found Lymenet on the google search engine in Aug. of this year. I sit back and read and research this time consuming disease that we are all going through, and there are some nights when I can't sleep, I know that I can go online and get in touch with someone who is dealing with the same things that I am going through. If it weren't for this website there are nights when I think I would loose my mind.

I would like to thank Lou B. for starting this and seeing it through. To some of us who are lost, you are a guiding light helping us find a way to face it, deal with it and fight what brought us all to your website and for that I Thank You.

--------------------
OK...I'll play your silly games.

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 13 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by djf2005:
lou-
i accept your apology.
i also apologize publicly if i crossed any lines.

it seems clear you all need help. it also seems clear these issues would not continue to arise if you had more help.

i for one (although now i am sure i am not your #1 choice nor do i care ) would gladly help in any way i can.

here's to lymenet getting on the road to recovery as well as everyone here.

happy thanksgiving everyone; cheers; humbly,
derek

pps- i am formally offering my services in any fashion i am able to lighten the current load on the mods. if you are serious about resolving this issue, pm me and i will be glad to be of some assistance. i am not yet able to work so now is the time. thanks lou.

derek,
i bolded a comment you made above. this is an example of what STARTS FIGHTS again after we are starting to get things settled down since Lou B was kind enough to come here addressing recent problems, bannings, going on.

read that sentence again without the words i bolded; what a difference it would read and MEAN from the heart! don't you agree.

derek, you owe lou an apology. end of subject.

robin, good point! i was going to address this as well:

all are INNOCENT until found guilty with enough proof to ban the member! don't investimate AFTER you ban someone but BEFORE any hasty actions are taken.

yes, i've hated so much coming here daily to this circus RIOT ACT where the GOLDEN RULE, DO UNTO OTHERS AS THEY DO UNTO YOU, was meaning: you throw the 1st punch and i'll reciprocate!

i'm willing to help in any way with a group of others to get this board to NO. 1 again; it's way down there and getting almost to chuckie's science fi that i've read about here for along time.

i can understand sarah not getting emails!

sarah, i've tried sending twice to YOUR HOME ADDRESS; your HOME EMAIL IS FULL TOO; please clean house there and your PM box! thanks my calif. friend! i still want to send you something after you sent me about being reinstated!

today is THANKSGIVING, let us all start with a NEW SLATE....empty; not holding grudges for past events; deal with today on, and let's MOVE FORWARD, UPWARD, "I THINK I CAN; I THINK I CAN" attitude .

let's HELP ONE ANOTHER; not hurt and destroy one another!

let's fight IDSA, CDC, HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES DENYING US PAYMENTS, to get our 2 lyme bills SIGNED IN CONGRESS IN 2007!

let's use the energy we all wasted on recent events on contacting our DC house reps/senators getting them to CO-CHAIR our 2 lyme bills.

let's write more followup letters to all the crap recently in the papers from OUR CHRONIC LYME PERSPECTIVES and what was incorrect in their articles.

fund lymenet during this ANNUAL FUNDRAISING TIME.

LOU B, i still would like to know how the money is being used this year on what equpment, etc. INQUIRING MINDS LIKE TO KNOW; yes, I'm NOSEY! i said it; you didn't ! [lol]

now, how can i help you? [Big Grin] i hope you noticed my sincere SMILE! [lol] [hi]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

I for one am THANKFUL that LymeNet exits! I can't tell you how much more secure I feel knowing that there's a place for me to turn to if I or my family needs help. [group hug]

Christina

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.
-Abigail van Buren (Pauline Esther Friedman) (1918-2002)

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

betty-

i already aplologized once.

if one more apology is going to make you feel better then, then here it goes.

lou, i am sorry if i crossed any lines, plese forgive me?

ok....there we were [Smile]

also, maybe if you didnt put my words into bold text they woulnt be misconstrued?

just another thought?

humbly,

derek

--------------------

[email protected]

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
This stuff is crazy
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PEACE LOVE HARMONY!(*!(_(!_!
!*_)!*)!*)!*)!*)!*!)*!)!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!_!((!_

(yup, my home box has been bombed by too much mail, cruzio my local provider has a LIMIT and I reached it yesterday morning but I can't bear to delete emails! i am a cyber pack rat!!!)

I appreciate all comments on this thread including yours Derek- I didn't know my blocking was temporary when it happened but I am sure glad it was-

Turkey is in the oven!!! Pumpkin pie is DONE!
We are having 3 pies-

APPLE PIE(*!*)!*!

PUMPKIN PIE*)!*)!)!

KEY LIME PIE*)!*)!)!*)!!!!!!!!!!!(of course- yum!)

Candied yams are done. Stuffing is done. Turkey is roasting. Gravy not begun!!! We are having COLE SLAW as our greens because fresh cole slaw is THE BEST*)! and the potatoes we'll deal with right before we eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband helped chop chop CHOP this am bright & early, he did the onions and apples and celery-it was nice, all of us were in the kitchen, I had the baby, who every much wanted to help, in charge of Guarding the Cranberries from the Cats (that was her job, poor kid, she is going to grow up convinced cats madly lust after cranberries!!)(She sat on a stool with the cranberries in her lap convinced she was invaluable in helping- it was adorable*)!*)!!

We are having everything done ahead of time so we can skip out with the girls (Evan Kelly, 10, in full remission for 6+ years from Lyme & babs and Isadora Clementine, almost 3 now) and go see that Enchantment movie that just came out*)! And then come home and make the gravy and potatoes and eat!!!

It is a good day. I am glad we are all here.

Love to everyone, Lou & Michelle & Jenifer & BettyG especially!!! And howdy to people like Derek who I don't really know but I like your honesty very much- And Happy Thanksgving to alL*)!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING*)!*)!!*************************
Sincerely,
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*I love you Sarah!

Now, that said....I would delete this thread since it is too distressing to think that Sarah would b banned. Now that this is behind us.....can we get on being nice to each other????

Wishing all a very, very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Enjoy those grandkids, enjoy those get-togethers....

I miss my sis terribly. She died way too young so please....enjoy your loved ones!

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I give credit to TerryK for the term "Guests" here. I believe she wrote a very good explanation of that back when Cave was banned.

I went looking for that explanation and it was not to be found.

Just giving credit where credit is due!!

Tracy is right about one thing on this board....

"chronic overreaction" seems to be a theme here sometimes!!!!

Betty...chill a bit! [Roll Eyes]

Thanks, Lou!! I've really enjoyed knowing you over the years and thank you from the bottom of my heart for "saving my life" as well.

Without Lymenet I would have died of despair while trying to make it through treatment!

The support here has been wonderful. Please, everyone, focus on the POSITIVE. It's all around you....every day. You have to train yourself to LOOK FOR IT.

[group hug] Lymenet friends! [group hug]

Happy Thanksgiving! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
happy thanksgiving everyone.

i love you guys.

[group hug]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momfromtexas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momfromtexas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Thank Lou and each of you that keeps Lymnet running and those of you with so much experience with Lyme that are willing to take the time to help each one of us that shows up in a panic for information.

Also, thank you for reinstating Sarah.

My son is still very sick, but recovering and I credit everyone that makes Lymenet work.

He may not ever fully recover, but by reading your questions and answers I know he is getting the most up-to-date help.

I also know that what we say here gets back to our LLMD's and will influence how they treat, so in the end Lymnet is helping many more people than just those that log in.

What you are doing is not just wasting time on a blog, but helping people in great pain find relief. People often let down by their doctors.

60,000 page hits a day, that is an incredible amount of interest.

Thank you all.

Posts: 349 | From usa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sarah, I am very sorry this happened to you - even temporarily. Truly, I am so happy that things got straightened out so that you could enjoy Thanksgiving today!

Sadly, there are 3 other members who were not so lucky. According to Lou B, apparently they violated LymeNet rules, but they don't know what they did and neither do we.

Lou B - would it be that much trouble to issue folks a brief warning first, so they have an opportunity to correct the problem?

And another problem I see happening with Newbies is that they come to LymeNet and see too many members being cynical or treating one another inappropriately..... and they think it's okay to behave the same way!!!

So, what are we teaching new people when we fail to be courteous to one another?

Forums on the Internet where people bash each other are a dime a dozen. That's the easy way to voice your opinion. It's a little harder to be civil to one another, but I think LymeNet - and its members and administrative staff - are worth it.

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

quote:
Originally posted by tracybillings:
chronic overreaction

[confused]

--------------------

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As the originator of this thread, I am happy to note that the Force has returned (Lou, that's YOU). Thanks.

Cave, that's also YOU.

Sarah, that's YOU, too, however briefly you may have been gone.

Maybe after all these travails we'll move forward in peace.

Further, as the originator of this thread, I wouldn't be a bit unhappy to see it banished to the hinterlands of "Off Topic" or even "Outta Here."

Lou, thanks for your help.

Jenifer, thanks for your help, even if we overwhelmed you from time to time.

Everyone else, thanks for sticking around and paying it forward, no matter your point of view. That's what we're here for.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Hi Michelle,

Sorry that was actually an accident. I didn't mean to bring up the thread again. tracybillings just posted an antagonistic remark on one of my threads & I was trying to determine whether it was a pattern before the remaining 9 of tb's 159 posts got deleted.

If you want to yank the thread, you can do it by deleting the first post that started it. Then it all goes "poof"! [Smile]

I REALLY REALLY did not want this to get started again.

[group hug]

so sorry.
[Frown]
Ali

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement