LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » something natural to help sleep!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: something natural to help sleep!
laceyj
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laceyj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know if this is a common problem but I cannot sleep at all.

I have tried every natural and pharmacutical drug I think and they dont work.

Anybody have any good suggestions?

I have tried Ativan, Abmien, Ambien cr, Restoril, Klonopin, Trazdone, Mepron....
For natural, I have tried melatonin, valerian root, b6, sleep formulas, accupuncture

I think I can't sleep because my gallbladder from muscle testing...

Anyone use Herbsom from dr.X or anything from native remedies.com

Obviously I am up at 2am so please help if you can, [Smile] Thanks!

Posts: 187 | From FL | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had similar problems; but recently my PCP gave me Seroquel for sleep. It is the first and only thing that worked for me and didn't cause side effects. Within thirty minutes of taking it I'm out like a light. I can wake up fine when I need to without any hangover feelings.

I hope you fall asleep soon; without this I am literally up all night long; till the sun rises.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suffer insomnia too and while I have not found any rock solid sleep aids, I do find that drinking a hot cup of magnesia water a day seems to help me sleep.

Also, avoiding stressful situations. LOL.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking natural 5-HTP made out of the seeds of Griffonia simplicifolia which is an African black bean. 5-HTP is the direct precursor of serotonin which I'm lacking. It takes a while to work (doesn't necessarily work in the first few nights) but I'm sleeping better with every day (on it now for about 2 months).

Still sometimes I have days when I don't sleep so well but it's no comparison with before.

Hope you find something that works for you. Not being able to sleep is horrible.

Take care,

Gabrielle

Posts: 767 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trazodone at what dosage?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
xyrem.

more powerful then anything u have tried (or so it seems)

i have rx for it due to severe sleep issues, have yet to use it.

im in the same boat. im on ambein, xanax, etc etc and still nothing.

some night i sleep good, other terrible.

i think over all its improving.

look into xyrem though, it should help a lot.

its basically ghb.. [Smile]

good luck

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on Klonopin for 16 years, but eventually not even that helped me sleep. No antibiotic yet has solved that problem, nor has any herb, supplement, or drug.

You might want to read this man's story:

http://omega.twoday.net/stories/2452467/

Then read this:

http://www.bioinitiative.org/report/index.htm

And these:

http://www.electrosensitivity.org/symptoms.htm

http://tinyurl.com/ypkr3q

Here's an excerpt from the final link:

The researcher states - "But when you get them under the microscope, nearly all the bees look sick. I've done a thousand of these autopsies in three months and I tell you, its really difficult to find a healthy looking bee".

This is why I can never sleep anymore, too, and I measured it with a gaussmeter/RF meter, though I need to get a more sensitive meter.

I think these frequencies are wreaking havoc on our immune systems, which pretty much equals chronic infection. Bacteria have a magnetic sense, just like we do.

I found an electrosensitivity support group on the web though, so if you are interested, PM me.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tailz-

are you convinced that emfs effect everything?

it seems you attribute nearly everything that happens to you or someone else to emfs?

is this possible?

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These things help: Calms, the Hyland homeopathic tablets. Chamomile tea. Calcium supplements. A good amount of exercise early in the day.

It all does help a bit with sleep.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amk33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amk33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would recommend Prohealth's sleep formula-FibroSleep. I have tried melatonin by itself, xanax, and Rozerem. Then I tried FibroSleep, and I can't live without it. It really helps me to fall asleep and stay asleep. The ingredients are natural. Look at Prohealth.com if you are interested in the ingredients.
Posts: 418 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tailz,
finally had a chance to check out the web sites you post; turns out they are just hosted by some young guys with no credentials. One of them doesn't even mention EMFs on any of his other websites.

They say the computer emits the most of anything; so I'm ocnfused as to how it is that you are so affected by your neighbor's cellphone but not by your own computer use?

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

tracy-

shocker there huh [Smile]

tailz-

are you being treated for the physciiatric aspects of tbds?

humbly,

derek

--------------------

[email protected]

tailz
Unregistered

quote:
tailz-

are you convinced that emfs effect everything?

it seems you attribute nearly everything that happens to you or someone else to emfs?

is this possible?

Yes, I am convinced. And yes, it's possible.

If I flip the main switch on my circuit breaker (pineal gland), the lights won't just go out. My heater won't work - and the temperature in the house will reflect this change, becoming either too warm (and humid) in the summer or too cold in the winter. Electric clocks will stop, and I will be confused as to what time of day it is. The refrigerator will shut off, causing my food to spoil and decay. If I eat the moldy food because the power is out too long, more things will go wrong...

Matter of fact, when I consider some of the sources of my info - like the Bioinitiative Report is one good example - I really begin to wonder if everybody's comprehension might be somewhat compromised on here from the EMFs alone? Is it me? The Bioinitiative Report is a MAJOR medical report - not some quackwatch organization I plucked off the internet at 3am one morning when I was bored. A Swedish researcher emailed me that report.

What you don't realize is I didn't have all 50 symptoms of ES at one time - it all started with a few symptoms, just like Lyme. But EMR exposure is cumulative - so as my years of exposure grew, so did my symptoms list - and so will yours.

Here is a list of doctors who apparently agree with me. Unfortunately, I don't think there are many American docs on the list, but ask me if I care. I don't know why, but I seem to make more sense to Europeans???...

Freiburger Appeal

http://www.starweave.com/freiburger/

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have not slept well in about 3 years.

when my gastro gave me elavil for my colon problems, it seemed to help me sleep.

some people use melatonin. i tried that but it didn't work, just made me very hyper.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

The Bioinitiative Report sports no credentials? Wow.

I guess Dr. Robert Becker - the 'father of EMFs' has no credentials, too, then - huh? And who needs to have her psychiatric symptoms treated?

Go ahead and cure me of my 'TBIs' (which is a misnomer) - this is me until these fields go.

tailz
Unregistered

I didn't want any of you to miss these credentials, and this isn't even a full list:

Prof. Dr. med. Karl Hecht, Spezialist f�r Stress-, Schlaf-, Chrono- und Raumfahrtmedizin, Berlin
Prof. Dr. med. Ingrid Gerhard, Frauen�rztin, Heidelberg
Prof. Dr. med. Otmar Wassermann, Toxikologie, Sch�nkirchen
Prof. Dr. med. H.-J. Wilhelm, Hals-, Nasen-, Ohrenheilkunde, Phoniater, Frankfurt
Prof. Dr. med. Volker Zahn, Chefarzt, Frauenarzt, Umweltmedizin, Straubing
MUDr. /Universit�t Prag, E. Pinkbeiner-Weimer, Hals-Nasen-Ohren-�rztin, Hanau
Erdmuthe Adam-Last, Frauen�rztin, Osterode
Brigitte Alexander, �rztin, Psychotherapie, Naturheilverfahren, Wuppertal
Dr. med. Thomas Allgaier, Allgemeinmedizin, Umweltmedizin, Heitersheim
Dr. med. Ekkehard Arnold, Kinder- und Jugendarzt, Umweltmedizin, Weil am Rhein
Dr. med. Christine Aschermann, Nerven�rztin, Psychotherapie, Leutkirch
Dr. med. Iris Axhausen, Stra�lach
Dr. med. Klaus Axhausen, Stra�lach
Dr. med. Marie-Luise Bande, Dieburg
Dr. med. Alexander B�r, Frauenarzt,Naturheilverfahren, Bad Neustadt
Dr. med. Waltraud B�r, Allgemeinmedizin, Naturheilverfahren, Umweltmedizin, Wiesloch
Dr. med. J�rgen Bauer, An�sthesie, Schmerztherapie, G�rtringen
Dr. med. Wolfgang Baur, Allgemeinmedizin, Psychotherapie, Umweltmedizin, Vienenburg
Dr. med. Ursula Bellat, Allgemeinmedizinerin, Gr�nkraut
Gerhard Berger, Arzt, Rockenberg
Dr. med. Wolf Bergmann, Allgemeinmedizin, Hom�opathie, Freiburg
Dr. med. Gerhard Bernecker, Allgemeinarzt, Rinchnach
Dr. med. H. Bernhardt, Kinderheilkunde, Schauenburg
Dr. med. Bernhard Binek, Bruckm�hl-Waith
Dr. Tom Bingert, Kinderarzt, Schenefeld
Dr. med. Claus Birken, Hals-Nasen-Ohren-Arzt, D�sseldorf
Dr. med. Klaus Bogner, Allgemeinmedizin, Friedrichshafen
Dr. med. Johan Bolhuis, Allgemeinmedizin,Naturheilverfahren, Dieren (Niederlande)
Dr. med. Hermann B�ller, Naturheilverfahren, Chirotherapie, Bergisch Gladbach
Dr. Karl Braun von Gladiss, Allgemeinmedizin, Ganzheitsmedizin, Teufen
Dr. med. Hubertus von Braunm�hl, Neurologe/Psychiater/Psychotherapie, Mainz
Dr. med. Veronika B�hler, �rztin und Industriekauffrau, Uhldingen
Dr. med. Werner Burgmayer, Allgemeinmediziner, Hom�opathie, Altenm�nster
Hans Br�ggen, Internist, Lungen- und Bronchialheilkunde, Umweltmedizin, Allergologie, Deggendorf
Dr. med. Christa-Johanna Bub-Jachens, Allgemein�rztin, Naturheilverfahren, Stiefenhofen
Dr. Wolfgang Burk, Ganzheitliche Zahnheilkunde, Oldenburg
Dr. med. Robert Caffonara, Allgemeinmedizin, Schw�bisch-Gm�nd-Bettringen
Dr. Dr. habil. Max Daunderer, Internist, Umweltarzt, Toxikologe, Gr�nwald
Dr. med. Wolfgang Dil�ner, Arzt f�r Allgemeinmedizin, Lohra
Dr. med. Arndt Dohmen, Innere Medizin, Bad S�ckingen
Barbara Dohmen, Allgemeinmedizin, Umweltmedizin, Bad S�ckingen
Dr. med. Wolff Kersten von D�ring, Freiburg
Verena Ehret, Aerztin, K�tzting
Dr. med. Joachim Engels, Innere Medizin, Hom�opathie, Freiburg
Karl-Rainer Fabig, Praktischer Arzt, Hamburg
E. Fange-Larsen, Zahnarzt, Altenholz-Klausdorf
Dr. med. Jochen Fend, FA f�r HNO-Heilkunde, Siegen
Dr. Rudolf Fink, Arzt f�r Allgemeinmedizin, Bruchk�bel
Dr. med. Friedrich Focke, Facharzt f�r Allgemeinmedizin, M�nster
Dr. med. Stanley Frank, Arzt f�r Osteopathie, Hom�opathie, Traunstein
Dr. med. Florian Gabriel, M�nchen
Dr. med. Gerhilde Gabriel, �rztin, M�nchen
Dr. med. Martin Gailhofer, Allgemeinmedizin, Eichst�tt
Dr. med. Susanne Gailhofer, Allgemeinmedizin, Hom�opathie, Eichst�tt
Dr. med. Michael G�lich, Arzt, Schopfheim
Johannes Ganter, Facharzt f�r Allgemeinmedizin, Schw�bisch Gm�nd
Dr. med. Karl Geck, Psychotherapie, Murg
Dr. med. Elisabeth Gedeon, Allgemeinmedizin, Naturheilverfahren, Gelsenkirchen
Dr. med. Jan Gerhard, Kinderheilkunde, Kinder- und Jugendpsychiatrie, Ahrensburg
Dr. med. dent. Bruno Germann, Zahnarzt, Lachen, Schweiz
Dr. med. Peter Germann, Arzt, Umweltmedizin, Hom�opathie, Worms
Dr. med. Markus Gerum, Facharzt f�r An�sthesiologie, Hom�opathie, Bad W�rishofen
Wolfgang Gerz, Arzt, M�nchen
Dr. Karlheinz Graf, Zahnarzt, Straubing
Dr. med. Hans-Peter Grimm, FA f�r innere Medizin, Bucholz/Holm-Seppensen
Dr. dent. Berthold Grohn, Zahnarzt, Geesthacht
Dr. med. dent. Reto Salis Gross, Zahnarzt, Zumikon, Schweiz
Dr. med. Gertrud Gr�nenthal, Allgemeinmedizin, Umweltmedizin, Bann
Dr. med. Dietrich Gr�n, Allgemeinmedizin, Naturheilverfahren, Winnenden
Dr. med. Michael G�lich, Arzt, Schopfheim
Julia G�nter, Psychotherapie, Korbach
Dr. med. Bernd Gutberlet, Internist, Hom�opathie, Heidelberg
Dr. med. Angela Haake, �rztin, Velbert
Dr. med. Wolfgang Haas, Innere Medizin, Dreieich
Dr. med. Karl Haberstig, Allgemeinmedizin, Psychotherapie, Psychosomatik, Inner-Urberg
Dr. med. Isabel Hammer, Allgemeinmedizin, Bockhorn
Dr. Andree Hanck-Conter, Allgemeinmedizin, Lintgen, Luxemburg
Dr. med. Gerhard Hauser, praktischer Arzt, Essen
Dr. med. Bettina H�vels, Allgemeinmedizin, L�rrach
Dr. med. Joachim Hensel, Allgemeinmedizin, Vorstand Gesellschaft f�r Gesundheitsberatung GGB
Dr. Ernst Herb, Zahnarzt, Pfaffenhofen
Dr. med. Helga-Beate Herrmann, F� f�r HNO-Heilkunde, Siegen
Dr. med. Michael Hess, Allgemeinmedizin, Umweltmedizin, Naturheilverfahren, M�nchen
Walter Hofmann, Psychotherapie, Singen
Dr. med. dent. Anke Horauf, Zahn�rztin, Heilpraktikerin, Kempten
Dr. med. Dieter Horn, Allgemeinmedizin, Naturheilverfahren, Umweltmedizin, Psychotherapie, M�nchen
Dr. med. Lothar Hollerbach, Allgemeinmedizin, Hom�opathie, Naturheilverfahren, Umweltmedizin, Heidelberg
Dr. med. Bettina H�vels, Allgemeinmedizin, L�rrach
Dr. med. Christoph H�vels, Kinderheilkunde, L�rrach
Dr. med. Bettina H�vels-L�ke, Allgemeinmedizin, Freiburg
Dr. med. Elisabeth H�ppel, Naturheilverfahren, Orthop�die, Dorfen
Dr. med. Peter Jaenecke, Zahnarzt, Ulm
Dr. med. Rolf Janzen, Kinderheilkunde, Waldshut-Tiengen
Dr. med. Philipp Jedelhauser, Kempten
Beate Justi, Psychiatrie, Psychotherapie, Hannover
Dr. med. Joachim Kaiser, Allgemeinmedizin, Chirotherapie, Schmerztherapie, Gottmadingen
Michaela Kammerer, �rztin, Murg
Dr. med. Susanne Kessner, Allgemeinmedizin, Hom�opathie, Naturheilverfahren, Niederweiler
Karl Kienle, Praktischer Arzt, Hom�opathie, Chirotherapie, Naturheilverfahren, Schongau
Dr. med. Georg Kneissl, Arzt f�r Naturheilverfahren, Zangberg
Dr. med. Thomas K�hnke, Zahnarzt, Eschborn
Dr. med. dent. Christiane Kr�ger, Hamburg
Dr. Hans-G. Kuschella, Zahnarzt, Seeshaupt
Dr. med. Manfred Kuhnle, Allgemeinmedizin, Hom�opathie, Balingen
Dr. med. Monika Kuny, Psychotherapie, Gr�nwald
Detlef Kvast, Arzt f�r Radiologie, Korbach
Dr. med. Nikolaus Landbeck, Allgemeinmedizin, Naturheilverfahren und Hom�opathie, Hinterweidenthal
Johannes Latschar, Frauenarzt, Mainz-Kostheim
Barbara Lechelt, Psychotherapie, Hom�opathie, Naturheilverfahren, Lindenberg
Dr. med. Michael Lefknecht, Allgemeinmedizin , Umweltmedizin, Duisburg
Dr. med. Johannes Leister, Oberarzt, Fachkrankenhaus B. Bredstedt
Dr. med. Volker zur Linden, Innere Medizin, Bajamar
Dr. med. Martin Lion, Arzt, Hom�opathie, Ulm
Dr. med. Michaela Ludwig, Bad Soden
Dr. med. Dagmar Marten, �rztin, Ochsenfurt
Dr. med. Wolfgang May, Internist, Schwangau
Axel T. Meier, Zahnarzt, Berlin
Dr. Rudolf Meierh�fer, Zahnarzt, Roth
Dr. med. Michael Meyer, Facharzt f�r physikal. und Reha-Medizin, Bisingen
Bert Mikula, Arzt (TCM), Heilpraktiker, Schw�bisch Hall
Dr. med. Heinz Morhard, Allgemeinmediziner, Haldenwang
Dr. med. Rudolf Mraz, Psychotherapie, Naturheilverfahren, Stiefenhofen
Dr. med. Cornelia M�hleisen, Psychotherapie, Senden
Dr. med. Franz-Leonhard M�hleisen, Allgemeinmedizin, Psychotherapie, Senden
Dr. med. Joachim Mutter, Arzt, Stegen
Dr. med. Birgitta Neulist, Frauen�rztin, Coburg
Dr. med. Herbert Noppeney, Internist, Umweltmedizin, Betriebsmedizin, Bayreuth
Dr. med. Alexandra Obermeier, �rztin f�r Psychotherapie und Psychiatrie, M�nchen
Elfi Oswald, Naturheilkunde, Wolfratshausen
Dr. med. Claudia Ostl�nder-Herrmann, praktische �rztin, W�rrstadt
Dr. med. dent. Berthold Otto, Puchheim
Dr. med. Ullrich Paffrath, praktischer Arzt, Hom�opathie, Uhldingen
Dr. med. Werner Paula, Allgemeinmedizin, Chirotherapie, Naturheilverfahren, Lam
Dr. med. Otto Pusch, Nuklearmedizin, Bad Wildungen
Dr. med. Josef Rabenbauer, Psychotherapie, Freiburg
Elisabeth Radloff-Geck, �rztin, Psychotherapie, Hom�opathie, Murg
Dr. med. Anton Radlspeck, Praktischer Arzt, Naturheilverfahren, Aholming
Barbara Rautenberg, Allgemeinmedizin, Umweltmedizin, K�tzting
Dr. med. Christof Rautenberg, Internist, K�tzting
Dr. med. Hans-Dieter Reimus, Zahnarzt, Oldenburg
Dr. V. Reiners, Orthop�de, Ingelheim
Dr. med. Ursula Reinhardt, Allgemeinmedizin, Bruchk�bel
Dr. med. Dietrich Reinhardt, Innere Medizin, Bruchk�bel
Dr. med. Wolfgang Ritter, Allgemeinmedizin, Umweltmedizin, Wertheim
Dr. med. Andreas Roche, Allgemeinmedizin, Kaiserslautern
Dr. med. Stefan R�ckl, Internist, Lungen- und Bronchialheilkunde, Allergologie, Umweltmedizin, K�tzting
Dr. Dr. med. J�rgen Rolffs, Arzt, Kronberg/Taunus
Dr. med. Alexander Rossaint, Zahnarzt, Aachen
Dr. med. Johannes Rudolph, Allgemeinmedizin, Hom�opathie, March-Hugstetten
Dr. med. Bernd Salfner, Kinderheilkunde, Allergologie, Waldshut-Tiengen
Dr. med. Gerhard Saltzwedel, N�rnberg
Dr. Danilo Santa, Orthop�de, Backnang
Dr. med. Claus Scheingraber, Zahnarzt, M�nchen
Dr. med. dent. Dirk Schreckenbach, Zahnarzt und Heilpraktiker, Homburg
Dr. med. Jochen Schiller, Allgemeinmedizin, Hom�opathie, Naturheilverfahren, Potsdam
Dr. med. Bernd Maria Schlamann, Zahnarzt, Heilpraktiker, Ahaus-Wessum
Dr. med. Martin Schlesinger, Allgemeinmedizin, Offenburg
Dipl.-Psychologe Eberhard Schnell, Psychotherapie, Deisenhofen
Dr. med. Ursula Sch�pf, An�sthesistin, M�nchen
Detlef Schultz, Zahnarzt, �berlingen
Dr. med. Hildegard Schuster, Psychotherapie, L�rrach
Dr. med. Helga Simchen, Kinder- und Jugendpsychotherapie, Psychotherapie, Mainz
Anja Sonneborn, �rztin, Leverkusen
Dr. med. Christian Steiner, Praktischer Arzt, Viktring, �sterreich
Christoph Stoeckle, Zahnarzt, Lautkirch
Eva Stoeckle, Zahn�rztin, Lautkirch
Dr. med. Heinz Struzina, Allgemeinmedizin, Mainhardt
Dr. med. Wolfgang St�ck, Internist, Koblenz
Dr. med. Jeanette Teeuwen-Mutter, �rztin, Stegen
Dr. med. G�nter Theiss, Allgemeinmedizin, Frankfurt
Dr. Roby Thill, Medicine Generale, Beaufort (Luxemburg)
Dr. med. Max Thoma, Allgemeinmedizin, Deggendorf
Dr. med. A. Thonke, Internist, Kelheim
Dr. med. Victor Toenges, Kinderarzt und Allgemeinmediziner, Lustm�hle, Schweiz
Dr. med. Dagmar Uecker, Bad Soden
Dr. med. Thomas Villinger, Frauenarzt, Hom�opathie, M�nsche
Dr. med. Peter Vogt, D�sseldorf
Dr. med. Hedwig Vollmann, Praktische �rztin, Psychotherapie, Puchheim
Dr. med. Bernd Wagner, FA f�r Allgemeinmedizin, Karlsruhe
Norbert Walter, Allgemeinmedizin, Naturheilverfahren, Bad S�ckingen
Dr. med. Klaus Waterstradt, Bronchial- und Lungenheilkunde, L�beck
Dr. med. Rosemarie Wedig, �rztin, Psychotherapie, Hom�opathie, D�sseldorf
Thomas Weth, Allgemeinmedizin, Naturheilverfahren, Bad S�ckingen
Dr. med. Walter Wirth, Rentner, Oberneisen
Dr. med. Gudrun Wi�mann-Focke, Praktische �rztin, M�nster
Dr. Ulrich Wolf, Zahnarzt, Wenzenbach
Dr. Hans Wolfgang Wurm, praktischer Arzt, Baisweil
Dr. med. Barbara W�rschnitzer-H�nig, Dermatologie, Allergologie, Umweltmedizin, Kempten
Dr. Dr. med. Ingo Frithjof Z�rn, Allgemeinmedizin, Phlebologie, Naturheilverfahren, Umweltmedizin, Nordrach
Dr. med. habil. Victor Zyganow, Praxis f�r Energiemedizin, Berlin

djf2005
Member # 11449

thanks for the links.

ill be sure to check them out soon.

if emfs are your issue, why dont you just move away from them & feel better then ? [Smile]

if everyone on this board is not thinking "clearly" because of emfs, then i guess we wont know the difference then will we?

maybe the whole country is dying from emfs and doesnt even know it?

maybe ET came and poisioned us [Smile]

--------------------

[email protected]

djf2005
Member # 11449

lacey-

dont let emfs distract this topic.

seroquel and xyrem are good options for last resort rxs.

the other herbs mentioned work well also.

good luck to you.

humbly

derek

--------------------

[email protected]

ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter takes Lunesta and zanaflex for sleep along with a natural sleep aid called Fibrosleep. (someone else mentioned it) She hasn't slep through the night for years. These are the things that help her get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.

There is also a product called Fibronol that really helps the aches and pains. Check it out. If you google it lots of different sites come up so you can research it. It helps her some. She has only been on it a couple of bottles worth so hopefully as time goes on it will help more as it gets into her system.

HUGS

--------------------
ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tailz:
[QB] The Bioinitiative Report sports no credentials? Wow.

Actually not one of the members is a medical doctor, out of eleven participants only two are MDs,and in the list of reviewers there is one retired MD.

Just looking out for you, Tailz.

Sorry Lacey...back to sleep stuff. [Wink]

--------------------

tailz
Unregistered

quote:
lacey-

dont let emfs distract this topic.

Lacey, it's good you are getting a taste of what happens on this forum (quite frequently actually) when you dare to think outside the box - so be careful on here.

Regardless, you should know that a good number of us have not been cured on antibiotics alone - at least for long. So something else must be going on with some of us who seem to defy science - on multiple antibiotics and still not improving and symptomatic.

You can google it yourself - electromagnetic field and microwave exposure has an impact on melatonin production and thus sleep (Tracy), and within the last several years, EMFs have increased exponentially, and more Americans than ever are having to resort to sleep medications. Here's one link I found (scroll down some):

http://www.alternative-cancer-care.com/Melatonin_Cancer.html

quote:
maybe the whole country is dying from emfs and doesnt even know it?
Yep.

quote:
maybe ET came and poisioned us
You live in Philly, huh?

By the way, Tracy, Olle Johansson emailed the Bioinitiative report directly to me. Would you like his email address? I may still have it. No American doctor responded to my concerns, but he sure did.

But here's a little bit about his credentials if the couple hundred medical doctors I listed that support and signed the Freiburger Appeal don't count, along with the doctors who did review the final Bioinitiative Report that you'd taken the time to count - after reading the report in its entirety before critiquing me, I'm sure:

http://www.icems.eu/docs/bios_Johansson.pdf

Olle Johansson
Olle Johansson, associate professor, head of the Experimental Dermatology
Unit, Department of Neuroscience, at the Karolinska Institute (famous for
its Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine) in Stockholm, Sweden, is a
world-leading authority in the field of EMF radiation and health effects.
He has published more than 500 original articles, reviews, book chapters
and conference reports within the field of basic and applied neuroscience.
His doctoral thesis at the Karolinska Institute had the title "Peptide
Neurons in the Central and Peripheral Nervous System. Light and Electron
Microscopic Studies". He has participated in more than 300 congresses and
symposia, is a member of the European Neuroscience Association (ENA), The
European Society for Dermatological Research (ESDR), IBAS Users of
Scandinavia (IBUS), The International Brain Research Organization (IBRO),
The International Society for Stereology (ISS), The New York Academy of
Sciences, The Royal Microscopical Society (RMS), Scandinavian Society for
Electron Microscopy (SCANDEM), The Skin Pharmacology Society (SPS), Society
for Neuroscience, Svenska Fysiologf�reningen, Svenska Intressegruppen f�r
Grafisk Databehandling (SIGRAD), Svenska L�kares�llskapet, and the Svenska
S�llskapet f�r Automatiserad Bildanalys (SSAB). He is often used as referee for a large
number of scientific journals,

Tracy, I spent 11 years with a guy with an undiagnosed brain tumor. He could be cruel at times - really cruel. In fact, he made Hitler seem gentle in comparison at times. I'd finish this thought, but I won't - other than to say, don't even try. I know what you're doing here, and I had the world's best teacher in headgames - an undiagnosed oligodendroglioma.

Lemon2Lyme
Member # 13561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemon2Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found that the mineral combination referred to as "ZMA" works for me.

It's simply magnesium aspartate and zinc arginate.

Take it a half hour before you sleep on an empty stomach (with water).

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 36 | From Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

tailz-

how do i put this nicely?

um...lord, help me?

like i said, why dont u just move away from the emfs is this is what YOU believe ails you?

i am sure you can bring your 25 cats and your lima bean cans with you, just no more emfs so no more suffering, right?

get a shotgun for ET in case he stops by and then i guess youll no longer have a need for lymenet because you'll be healed

its a miracle! [bonk] [Big Grin]

oh, ps, dont listen to this nonsense about not being allowed to think outside of the box. tailz, thats all you do sweetheart [Smile]

--------------------

[email protected]

tailz
Unregistered

djf2005, so you're a construction worker, huh? Maybe you can do my EMF remediation?

Do you still have all your teeth?

djf2005
Member # 11449

well.. i WAS a const worker, yes. foreman actually.

im not sure how to do an emf radiation but if you teach me sure ill do it for you.

as for me now, i am going to williamport for my PA and will be practicing under a llmd in 4 yrs.

how about you?

--------------------

[email protected]

djf2005
Member # 11449

and oh yes, i have all my teeth, thanks for taking interest in them.

they are quite nice, i can send you a pic if youd like of me, my gorgeous wife, and out cute little apartment.

[Smile]

--------------------

[email protected]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tailz:
[QB]
Regardless, you should know that a good number of us have not been cured on antibiotics alone - at least for long.

Tailz....You haven't even taken enough abx to "cure" anything....have you?

I thought you only had a few weeks of abx?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

tails-

i think youre missing the point here.

if you do in fact have lyme and tbds, which is questionable, then healing these diseases is much more complex then a few weeks of abx.

so yes, i am aware that no one really gets better on 3 weeks of abx. [Smile]

BUT, long term abx along w vit supp and nutritional modifications along w adjunctive therapies put 80% of chronic lymies into remission withing 3-4 years once on the right track.

so....basically you are misled, on a crazy emf kick, and need physcological evaluation and or medication.

sorry to be blunt, but what you continually contribute to this board over and over doesnt help anyone, and is a bit crazy.

like i said 2 times now, if YOU belive emfs are your problem, simply move away from them.

BUT, we both your know your issues are MUCH more complex then some emfs, so why am i wasting my breath?

anyway, im really miffed as to what to do or say to you, because it seems no matter what anyone says or does that is directed to you its rejected immediately unless it has an emf component to it.

good luck with whatever it is you are looking for or trying to do.

maybe you should join an emf conspiracy board?

humbly,

derek

ps- wait....if i know you, im sure you already are a member of multiple emf sites. you know all there is to know about emfs and they are killing us all.
how could i forget that? [Smile]

[dizzy]

--------------------

[email protected]

klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to sleep....

L-tryptophan works for me. One gram an hour before bed time on an empty stomach, and another 1/2 gram when I wake up in the middle of the night.

You can take lots more if needed,up to 12 grams, but work the dose up slowly and only take what you need. Very high doses can cause cataracts and trigger diabetes in susceptible people.

5-HTP is stronger, but it is dangerous for those like me with high blood pressure or heart rhythm problems.

Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep in mind I am the 'weird' one of the bunch here

MOST people dont believe it BUT a gram salt tablet makes me sleep like a baby!!

Every other med does NO good or opposite effects on 'me' but salt sure helps!!!

okay, call me weird harold if ya want to!!

Ambien worked for awhile,sometimes too well and drug me out all next day!!! half an Ambien might be closer!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
djf2005,
Xyrem! Go for it!

It made the biggest difference in my health of anything I have taken. There's nothing like getting delta wave sleep for healing.

I also tried everything, herbal, and otherwise. My doctor had me take trazodone, klonopin, ambien and flexeril all on the same night, and I didn't get refreshing sleep.

Yes, it's a controlled substance because some abused it (date rape drug), but when it was sold in health food stores, many used it successfully for good sleep.

It's naturally found in the brain while in deep sleep, and the end products of it's processing is water and carbon dioxide--easy on the liver and kidneys.

I was nervous about taking it (and I trust everyone in my house), so at first I proved to myself that I can decide to stay awake after taking it and I can. Loud noises wake me up. I actually have to work with it to get sleep.

If I do end up awake while under it's influence, I have to be careful, because I'm real clumsy--just like the first few seconds of someone who's woken from a deep sleep.

I hope you know to start out with a low dose (you won't get as good effects as later) because your body needs to get used to each dose before you move to a stronger dose.

If you need more magnesium in your system, it will show up when you take xyrem. So, if you have some bad side effects, like leg pain, take more magnesium.

Actually, if you want to learn a lot about xyrem, go to Talk about Sleep site, and find the narcolepsy board. They've been taking it for years, and there's a lot of threads there for problem solving different effects.

As you can tell, I'm a real fan of xyrem. [Big Grin]

Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

The Effects of 884 MHz GSM Wireless Communication Signals on Self-reported Symptom and Sleep (EEG)- An Experimental Provocation Study

http://tinyurl.com/2jv2js

Abstract:

In the current study we assessed possible effects of prolonged (3 hours) exposure to 884 MHz GSM wireless communication signals on self-reported symptoms, cognitive function, and electroencephalographically (EEG) recorded sleep.

The study group consisted of 36 women and 35 men. Twenty-two women and sixteen men reported symptoms they specifically related to mobile phone use (SG). The rest of the participants reported no mobile phone-related symptoms (NG).

Potential participants volunteering for the study were evaluated by physicians, including some biochemical assessments, to rule out medical conditions that could interfere with study variables of interest.

Once selected, participants spent three different sessions in the laboratory. The habituation session was followed by two subsequent sessions. In these subsequent sessions, subjects were either exposed to sham exposure (sham) or 884 MHz GSM wireless communication signals for 3 hours (an average of 1.4 W/kg including periods of DTX and Non-DTX.

Exposure directed to the left hemisphere). Data was collected before, during and following the exposure/sham sessions. Data collected included self-reported symptoms, including headache, cognitive function, mood, and electroencephalographic recordings.

During actual exposure, as compared to sham exposure, sleep initiated one hour after exposure was affected. There was a prolonged latency to reach the first cycle of deep sleep (stage 3). The amount of stage 4 sleep was also decreased in exposed subjects.

NG subjects reported more headaches during exposures vs. sham exposure. Neither group (SG and NG) was able to detect the true exposure status more frequently than by chance alone.

The study indicates that during laboratory exposure to 884 MHz wireless signals, components of sleep, believed to be important for recovery from daily wear and tear, are adversely affected.

Moreover, participants that otherwise have no self-reported symptoms related to mobile phone use, appear to have more headaches during actual radiofrequency exposure as compared to sham exposure.

However, subjects were not able to detect the true exposure status more often than would have been expected by statistical chance alone.

Additional self-reported findings, biochemical, performance and electrophysiological data are currently being analyzed. Possible health implications from the findings will also be further explored.

tailz
Unregistered

quote:
sorry to be blunt, but what you continually contribute to this board over and over doesnt help anyone, and is a bit crazy.

I'm sorry you feel that way.
tailz
Unregistered

quote:
oh, ps, dont listen to this nonsense about not being allowed to think outside of the box. tailz, thats all you do sweetheart
And thank you.
tailz
Unregistered

quote:
as for me now, i am going to williamport for my PA and will be practicing under a llmd in 4 yrs.

how about you?

I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up, but I was just reading a blog about programming crystals, and I find that field fascinating. Either that or a shepherd, so I can walk around with a cane and a long beard.
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, .... what happened to Lacey? Maybe she went to sleep... [sleepy]

Lacey, what were you saying about your gallbladder in your post? I didn't understand your statement.

If pain is part of your problem, then the following won't work, but....

I actually got myself a decent bedside lamp so I could read in bed lying down. It takes some practice, but curling up with a good fiction story takes my mind off my life and puts me into a different thought pattern. I found it was my brain keeping me awake more than my body.

Also, have you tried the 'sustained release' or the 'timed release' melatonin? If melatonin does help make you sleepy, getting a brand that slowly releases during the night might work for you.

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

She probably left after all of that!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Tailz said:

"Tracy, I spent 11 years with a guy with an undiagnosed brain tumor. He could be cruel at times - really cruel. In fact, he made Hitler seem gentle in comparison at times. I'd finish this thought, but I won't - other than to say, don't even try. I know what you're doing here, and I had the world's best teacher in headgames - an undiagnosed oligodendroglioma."

Sorry Tailz, I actually don't know what you mean by this...but no headgames here. I fully believe in both antibiotics AND alternative medicine; but I was concerned you were being misled.

I can see you are clearly a very intelligent woman. I was simply hoping for some clarification; mainly around my question about EMFs and computers, as one of the websites you post lists computers as the number one source of EMFs. Just can't make sense of it.

Oh well....carry on. [bonk]

--------------------

LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried so many sleeping pills and other remedies for years, and my sleep was absolutely terrible and I had no control over it. People would suggest things and I would just laugh because NOTHING could knock me out.

Then I discovered a very odd thing that helped me: high-dose methylcobalamin shots every single night combined with sublingual melatonin.

Methylcobalamin is a type of b-12. No other types work in the same way, so another form will not do the same thing. One study showed that some people who took methylcobalamin injections along with melatonin were able to obtain relief from intractable circadian rhythm disorders. The studies used 3000 mcg. I use 10000 mcg which just shows how deranged my sleep is!

Oral versions of b-12 really don't work for me: it had to be shots, and high doses intramuscularly. This may sound like a real pain to just get some sleep, but I feel like it's helping to correct something neurologically, rather than just putting a Bandaid on the problem.

It does not work for everyone, but within three months of starting it, I was able to stop taking klonopin after 10 years! Basically cold turkey! If you've ever experienced benzo withdrawal, you'll understand how miraculous this is.

I still use other things, just less often than I did before. I take flexiril once or twice a week and use california poppy tincture and Bach's Sleep Remedy about the same amount.

I also use an antihistemine to help me sleep. This may sound like a lot still but it's less than half of what I was taking before I started the shots.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
derek, Tailz needs to tell her story too. So please don't insult her by demeaning her beliefs about EMFs.

Many people will eventually get around to reading Tailz or someone's reading on how EMFs can or will effect someone's health. Esp, the chronically ill.

She believes this can interupt some people rest and sleep patterns. So it does have to do with the posters thread.

Lighten up alittle.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam is right.

Besides that, we have others on this board who are (or have been) EMF sensitive. One member actually had to return a brand-new hybrid SUV because the EMFs made her symptoms so much worse in just one day; an identical, conventional-fuel SUV solved the problem.

Additionally, when it comes to Lyme, some practitioners have found that there does seem to be a connection (that goes beyond pure coincidence) between onset of Lyme symptoms and increased EMFs.

Believe whatever you like, but refrain from stating that a member needs psychological evaluation unless you are somehow qualified to make such a declaration.

Like the rest of us, Tailz is finding her way through the Lyme Maze, and she may have found something that most of us would never have considered otherwise.

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

well the shepherd it is tailz.

good choice [Smile]

also include a q link bracelet if you choose to be a shepherd, emfs might get you out there too.

sorry pam, but im not being mean or relentless, and the point is, we do not need to be wasting our time telling newbies about emfs when this is the least of their current set of issues.

just another example of how badly this site is set up and needs to be re categorized and re vamped.

newbies should have their own section, where only selected information is allowed.

anyway, if i offended any of you, truly, i do apologize. tailz included.

just doesnt make any sense to me.

all the time we all spend on here and for what?

i kno we help some people, but MUCH more can be helped, and MUCH easier at that.

best of health to you all.

humbly

derek

--------------------

[email protected]

laceyj
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laceyj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for all the trials and info. I have alot to choose from. I have actually tried almost all of those but will keep trying.
Last I tried Trazdone- made me feel sick like seasick. Restoril sometimes works.

Has anyone tried Herbsom by Dr. ZH?

or any of these

http://www.nativeremedies.com/ailment-disease-list-remedy.html

Thanks so much!!!

Posts: 187 | From FL | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laceyj
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13862

Regarding the gallbladder

someone muscle tested and said that meridian is blocked, I've already done several gallbladder flushes...

I can see how lyme effects liver/gallbladder

laceyj
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13862

Wow, I can't believe all on the emf.

Do the q-link braclets really work?

How are we suppose to live. I heard of biopro to put on cell phones. I've unplugged my microwave and will get rid of it but the one at work is about 20 ft directly accross from me. What am I suppose to do? i've unplugged the smoke dectector and removed tv from bedroom....What else am I suppose to unplug?

I have not tried b12 injections for sleep and that sounds like a good idea anyway.

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This board is set up for all to participate whether you are a newbie or old timer. I know not everyone in interested in EMF or could/would/should a newbie be worrying with everything or anything other the the reality of what has happened to them.

You can't. There are some discussions that have gone on here for 5 yrs and I'm just now starting to take notice. It's a continual process. Way to much information for any one to handle, let alone someone new who probably is dealing with pain, fatigue, brain fog, insomnia, etc etc.

Tailz is obsessed with EMF and she knows it. But she truly knows there a connection between her health and EMF. She wants to warn others. She's planting seeds that are of a benefit to someone.

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Lacey, wow you've tried many things for sleep. You are looking for more natural stuff, so have you tried lavender essential oil baths at night?

One thing I learned when I was looking at the health food store and decided to try melatonin... I took it that night and it sent me racing. I was flying high for hours. Then I read the label.

I'm hypothyroid and there is a warning for people with thyroid disease. So it did the opposite effect on me. I'm sensitive to many behind the counter and over the counter stuff due to my thyroid getting stimulated and I feel like I'm on speed.

I learned just because it's at the health food store doesn't mean I can neglect to read all of the print and warnings on the label. Before I spend good money & open the container.

Pam

--------------------

marcelle
Member # 13815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marcelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
melatonin - can find in natural health food store. 1mg usually 30 min. before bed. Works for me and family.
Posts: 38 | From Lincoln, CA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

I'm frustrated.

So we take melatonin to sleep, since our bodies can't receive the appropriate signals to produce enough of it...

We take enzymes to digest the candida overgrowth, since our bodies can no longer produce sufficient enzymes to keep any fungal overgrowths in check and we've actually become allergic to many foods as a result...

We take probiotics to increase the good intestinal flora in our guts, because our bodies can't seem to send the right signals to the good bacteria in our intestines to reproduce...

We avoid foods we were meant to it (and need) - sugar, grains, fruits, milk, eggs, etc...

We sit in our tubs, saunas, climb mountains until we SWEAT all of our toxins out - and do so excessively - being sure to lift our arms up over our heads to get our lymph systems moving...

We bounce up and down on our rebounders (again, to get our lymphs flowing)...

How is this 'living'? This seems like a whole lot of work just to feel so-so instead of horrific, and I like efficiency. How is this at all efficient? Our entire lives are spent manually operating systems that would be working if we hadn't saturated the environment with EMFs.

I'm almost as frustrated with the alternative community as I am with the pharmaceutical industry. I've just swapped my Seroquel and Klonopin for my 'all natural' melatonin. If my body didn't produce it itself, it isn't natural.

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good discussion on sleep.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement