LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is this a hoot or what? I don't think they like us! HA!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this a hoot or what? I don't think they like us! HA!
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an article written obviously by people who have too much time on their hands and NOT a lot in the brain department.

You'd THINK ducks would spend time WORKING on the HORRIBLE Lyme situation in our country... rather than playing.... and spending money doing so... on the Internet! At OUR sites!

Definitely a McStupid Junior situation here... definitely! But this time it is dip and dap.. Cooper and Feder reporting. Shapario must have been absent the day they played this game?

See the chart in the article here on page 3 and see how BAD our LymeNet rated as an accurate place to get info on Lyme disease and how well duck hotels like Hopkins rated.

The Bumsteere butt kissing gang is at it again!

[Big Grin]

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/lyme/resources/LD_Internet.pdf

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dec 2004--This is old news, although that doesn't make it any less

infuriating.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Objective: Patients and families searching the Internet about Lyme disease may find conflicting information. Our purpose was to review the accuracy of information on Lyme disease easily available on the Internet.

If you change "accuracy" to "IDSA Butt-kissing adequacy", there may be actually BE some "accuracy" to this article. (don't change that last one or this will make no sense [Big Grin] )

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. They didn't like us, ILADS, IgeneX or lymesite. I checked on lymesite for some more of that good inaccuate info, and they don't seem to exist anymore...
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a huge waste of time. Don't they have anything to do??

Maybe we should do the same thing...

IDiots

[cussing]

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artur737
Member # 11151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artur737     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was later balanced by:

Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2005 Jun;24(6):577-8; author reply 578-9.
Inaccurate information about lyme disease on the internet.
Stricker RB, Johnson L, Harris N, Burrascano JJ.

Posts: 54 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you look at the ratings for each site that gives LD info, it becomes quite clear to me.

I think the biggest error is in the key below the chart on page 3.
The "I" should be changed to "INFORMATIVE".

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering some of the retarded stuff in that article, I'm honored that we are considered 'inaccurate.'

(For example, they adhere to the dead horse notion that for a lyme diagnosis, you need a positive ELISA followed by positive western blot -- this idiocy even though even Johns Hopkins admits the ELISA will be negative in up to 75% of people with late-stage lyme.)

Bunch of dim-wits.

Honestly, I'm almost embarrassed for them.

It's getting to where even the average citizen walking around without lyme knows these doctors are a joke.

Pfft.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To balance out the utter and complete disgrace of that Feder article, here is a much BETTER and more accurate article concerning 'internet' patients.

Contrary to these so-called 'findings' of Feder and his goons, these authors actually find internet patients to be extremely educated and up on the latest treatments and developments. He finds that any 'misinformation' such as Feder complains of is either nonexistent or if offered is pretty quickly corrected.

It's an excellent read!!

Michelle

"What I've Learned from E-Patients"

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a very nice article to read, Michelle. Thanks for sharing it. [Smile]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artur737
Member # 11151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artur737     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazon sells niche type books (such as on Lyme Disease) on line that are unavailable in bookstores.

They give incentives for site owners to promote Amazon but both side benefits.

Similar offers were received by many special interests websites.

Posts: 54 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michelle, thanks for posting this.

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the last paragraph:

``It is not unusual for patients and families to visit a physician with preconceived notions concerning the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease. These notions may be based on misinformation from the Web. The challenge for medical providers is to convince worried patients and families that some of the internet recommended testing and treatment of Lyme disease is inappropriate .This convincing can take multiple visits, debates, compromise and time.''

Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as in...

-

" Hiya. I come to cure ya 'Lymes!' "

[Roll Eyes]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I saw the article was published in the Pediatric ID Journal I thought...

A-ha! Theres that link again.....and again....and again.

I'd like someone who has Lyme to rate the information available on the internet.

Now wouldn't that be a nice change.

Ask someone who actually has been diagnosed with Lyme

Where they think their best info has come from....

I wonder just who funded that study? [shake]

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] [Eek!] [shake]
Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement