LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Microscopy - anybody who recognize this structure ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Microscopy - anybody who recognize this structure ?
otlo
Member # 14621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for otlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ;

Anybody out there who are experienced with wet blood microscopy? This video shows a blood sample from a ten year old bedridden child. She has a long list of symptoms compliant with Lyme disease, and she is diagnosed with ME/CFS.
We use a phase contrast scope, 100x oilfilled objective.

I have observed activity like this a few times before. I am not at all sure that the observation can be related to the illness. I appreciate any views or opinions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO1bep93Cq0

Posts: 3 | From europe | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Otlo,

I guess you are talking about the bubbly strange "cloud" moving around:

For what it is worth:

I had my blood examined with dark field microscopy by a naturopath and I had this stuff in my blood, too. So, according to this naturopath, this stuff is a form of candida.

He calls it C-candida (C stands for camouflaged) and I think this name is his invention. He says that this kind of candida cannot be detected by the usual tests.

He even wrote a book about it (in German): "Candidalismus". He says he finds this in more and more of his very sick patients. He has developped a treatment for it (isopathic) - which I did for 2,5 months. Then, the blood was clear of this stuff. At least the part that he showed me...

BUT: he also said that I was cured now and I didn't feel a bit better.

So, as I said: for what it is worth!

Gabrielle

Posts: 767 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea really but just looking around the internet-

It looks to me like a gallgang! What is a gallgang- I have no idea!!! They are in figure 5 on this site and I wrote the guy who has this site asking his opinion on your photo- hopefully he will answer!!!

See Figure 5 on this page:
http://science.uniserve.edu.au/pubs/callab/vol10/sandberg.html

It looks the same to me.

Aha, I investigated further and I believe gallgang is BILE. It appears to be a normal thing seen by microscope.

See C in this frame:
http://www.nature.com/labinvest/journal/v83/n2/fig_tab/3780604f2.html

See also
http://www.biochemj.org/bj/340/0445/bj3400445f07.gif

To me they look the same but I am not a histologist and have NO idea really!! I wrote this guy who knows ihstology to see if he knows but who knows if he will write back!!!

best wishes,
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is stained & close up-
http://www.nature.com/labinvest/journal/v80/n5/fig_tab/3780073f7.html

--------------------
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a amoeba

Thats not good.
 -
Seen in your video it using its cytoplasm to help it capture food. Thats its litle fingers that shoot out it also uses that to move sometimes.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Jo7moaLdI

[ 12. February 2008, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: treepatrol ]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at my own microscopy and the blood evaluation sheet that my nautropath gave me in '03.

It looks to me like it might be: Eosinophils-are granular leukocytes with one or two oval lobes. Increased counts indicate allergies, parasites, tobacco smoking, drug and chemical toxicity, infection (esp fungal), low immunity. Vit A, C, B6, Zinc adrenal. Should be phagocytic, not moonlike, to be considered viable.

Has this been on the blood slides consistantly over a period of time? Or is this just one instance?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
leukocytes attack

Human Macrophages - AID Virus

Neutrophil phagocytosis

[ 13. February 2008, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: treepatrol ]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Map- if you go to a histology site and look at eosinophils they look very different!!! Just fyi, meant nicely- here's just a grabbag of eosinophil photos-

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=eosinophils&gbv=2

An amoeba Tree- god I hope not!!

--------------------
-John Ruskin

otlo
Member # 14621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for otlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for views and comments !

Map 1131 asks if these objects have been seen over some time. Well, I have seen many, many objects which I consider to be related - but usually those objects are kept within an outer 'static' frame, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3JeGoqHtk
After a few hours, there is usually no more activity, the object will remain static.

Feel free to comment on any of the videos, - they are all from people who are severely hit with symptoms compliant with Lyme Borreliosis.
From my point of view, the fact that activity closely relates to abx is interesting. After a few weeks on doxycline (ex) there is no visible activity in the samples.

http://www.youtube.com/user/otlos26

Posts: 3 | From europe | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw yeast in my blood under phase contrast at 1000x and she (natpath tech) told me it was yeast, it was not moving though...it was greenish. I dont know I didnt think yeast moved.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement