LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I'll try anything.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'll try anything.
je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for je     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seiously. I am willing to play guinea pig and give a full report.

So throw me anything you've heard of, even if it sounds like quackery and as long as it isn't gross, dangerous or too expensive, I'll let you know what happens.

Experiment number #1: tried the epsom salt and peroxide bath. Could not get my temp anywhere near the magic 106. Made it to 101.5 from 94.9.

Felt nice. lots of fuzzing bubbly action. Got a nasty headache within twenty minutes.

That was last night. Today I feel a little more clear headed but more tremor-y than I have been. Higher enrgy

Also had diarrhea all morning.

So what else have you got? You name it. I'll try it.

Posts: 102 | From ny | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, ready for this, I've got a new use for coffee .... the coffee enema!

Actually, all joking aside, I have gotten more benefit from the coffee enemas than any other detox aide!

I also take daily saunas (FIR), exercise several times per week, jump on a rebounder, take parsley/burbur/pinella, drink at least 2 quarts of water per day, lots of sleep, use a green laser, I have chelated, I have gotten rid of parasites ..... and I have gotten better in one year.

All this was done with aggressive antibiotic therapy.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

Icon 10 posted      Profile for je     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God you are mean! But I said I'd try anything (idiot) Where do I by one?
Posts: 102 | From ny | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[lol] [lol] [lol]

I was SO desperate to feel better when I first gave it a try .... I felt such relief that I have done them daily ever since! My family saw such a difference, than with six kids, no one teases me! My hubby and 19 year old daughter even do them when they get sick and feel that they get relief.

I got mine at Walgreens. Be sure to use organic, caffeinated coffee. Prepare the coffee (4 tbsp. to one quart of water) in either glass, enamel, or stainless steel (I use an enameled teapot, then a glass french press).

COOL the coffee before the enema!!! Try to retain it for 15 minutes.

They say that these cause the liver to produce glutathione and dump toxins .... they were actually in the Merck Manual until the 70's.

Good luck! I look forward to your report!!!

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Actually, johnnyb, it's more comfortable warm, but not hot.

The epsom salt baths make you sweat, too, so they're good all around. I've also used them -- 1 cup baking soda, 2 cups epsom salts. It's the warm water that raises your temperature.

--------------------

B R H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B R H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marshall Protocol of course! [Smile]

My body temp has gone up from the neighborhood of 96 & lower to 98+!

Posts: 246 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for je     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Temp was just from the hot bath. Trying to be scientifical here. Account for everything.

Got all ingredients for most dreaded experiment number two but I will wait till morning just in case the caffeine works like caffeine.

I sort of have a feeling this will be a one shot deal. So in case any of you are wondering, no I will not test the difference between hazelnut and french vanilla. [dizzy]

je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

[lick]
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Good idea to wait till morning. [Smile]

Johnny, you know you can't wait to try it. [Big Grin]

My hubby has that bug that's going around ... yesterday he even came home from work (he never does that ... he owns the co.) .... anyway, I made him some coffee. [Big Grin]

Afterward, I asked if he felt better, he said, yeah, it did whatever it is that it does as he felt better. I mean, not totally better, he still took a nap, but it did give him a little relief and he's fine today.

--------------------

Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.energeticmatrix.com

This is the program I joined 4 years ago when I was at the point where you are. I figured, what the hell...I have nothing to lose.

There's a whole thread on it (under my name) titled Alternative Treatment.
Probably on page 2 or 3 by now...

Best.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

Holy crap! I can not believe I just did that! Here are the highly scientific results from experiment #2: the dreaded coffee enema

First I would like to disclose all preconceived notions.

I will be to humiated to by enema kit and Have to announce to fellow shoppers that it was for my "friend" who was to embarrassed to buy it themselves.

There would be a horrible apparatus of some sort involved.

I would somehow perforate my colon involving a trip to the hospital and mortification similar to the richard gere hamster incident.

this would be messy and I would be forced to move out of my apartment rather than clean it up.

I would get so high from the direct shot of caffeine that it would be like cocaine (always been to chicken to try any drugs so I would never really know)

In short this would be the most horrendous experience of my life.

Actually it was a small saline solution type bottle easily hidden under a bag of dog food. Thanks to the invention of self checkout no one had to know my shame.

Was not actually uncomfortable, other than penetrating psychological barriers.

Got me about as high as a cigarette.

I would say it made my guts feel cold. Felt like any other case of the runs -a little crampy with multiple trips to the bathroom.

I'm also really hungry

So I guess my conclusion is this: If you like things in you butt than by a ll means try it. I personally enjoy coffee and pooping but I don't need to combine these experiences.

What else have you guys got for me?

p.s. about he sambuca, apparently frat kids ARE putting alcohol in there butts and some are dying from alcohol poisoning. Last years Darwin award winner died by gin enema. [loco]

je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

Alright clarissa, I checked out their website, and watched the video. But the lyme has not resolved itself yet. I felt uncomfortable giving them all my information in exchange for their information.

But if you can tell me what the program involves, I will try it.

I have an inckling that it will involve something like, Imagine you're immune system as a ninja kicking the crap out of spirochete ninjas

I have tried that because it was free and didn't seem to help much

je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

Update on the enema experiment. Its been about half an hour and I really feel the caffeine kicking in. My ears and face feel hot. I feel very awke

Not an unpleasant sensation.

Is this what you like about it so much?

je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

Just found this on the marshall protocol website on why coffee might be helpful:

I have been trying to find out what is the component in coffee which so clearly affects Th1 patients. Caffeine doesn't make the cut, as, although it has some effect on the Type 1 Nuclear Receptors, the affinity is low, and the observed symptomatic effects would require high concentrations of the drug, which are just not present in the diet of the average coffee drinker. Yesterday Wrotek suggested Chlorogenic Acid, and I have verified that he is correct. This is a culprit, and probably the major culprit. Here is an image of Chlorogenic acid (yellow backbone) as docked into the VDR, with the Xray structure of the docked 1,25-D for comparison. Note that the oxygens at the key helix 4 residues are effectively coincident.

Chlorogenic Acid forms hydrogen bonds with the same residues as 1,25-D; ARG274, SER237, SER278 and (weaker) TYR143. However, it does not have a 'tail' to stabilize the lower part of the VDR receptor, so at best it is a partial agonist, and is more probably a total antagonist of Type 1 Nuclear Receptor activity.

The affinity of Chlorogenic Acid for the VDR is consequently very high, with Ki calculating at 8 nanomolar. Assuming that this paper's concentration data are correct, and this one too, then just one cup of coffee contains several orders of magnitude more chlorogenic acid than would be needed to notice an profound effect on the VDR (and an effect the other Type 1 Nuclear Receptors, such as the Thyroid Receptors).

Here is a summary of the concentration issues, which looks to be (at first glance) fairly reliable:
http://www.cosic.org/coffee-and-health/antioxidants

So another mystery succumbs to the magic of molecular genomics. Thanks to all who helped

LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Je,

Gotta pipe up here:
Did you lie on your right side with your knees up to your chest immediately after putting the coffee up the ol' sphincter? And did you hold it in at least 12 minutes?

If not, you're not doing the coffee enema correctly. If you don't lie on the right side, you'll get high as a kite from it: lying on the right side makes it go right to the liver to produce the desired effect.

Happy experimenting!

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

More like the puppy play posture. Definitely not for 12 minutes. Struggled to make it five. Its too bad cause I am SOOO not doing that again.

I can say that I felt pretty good today. Could it be the ABX, the cuppa joe, or watching the video? Don't know but its over. I feel so tired

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

You are a very good sport!

I just generally feel better when I do them. [Smile] I have had them take away Lyme symptoms, that's what I like. [Smile] I don't get "buzzed" from them.

I got a good laugh from your post (yours, too, johnnyb).

--------------------

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 7 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard lots of reports of improvement using the reverse latte.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

So enough with the cappuccino, What is my next task?
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Following the link and see if you can try thermotherapy like that horse 24/7 for awhile.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=058440#000000

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

You are on! I'm gonna try and make (by make I mean recruit a friend) arice bag jump suit. Need a few days to work out logistics on this one.

Namely weight.

I am really looking forward to it though. I love to be hot. I was actually just looking into a russian spa in the city, but this sounds like more fun.

Do you think if we all moved to death valley, we'd be cured? Are there any cases of Lyme in death valley?

je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

I consulted a friend whose job it is to keep a certain tv magician alive. He thinks a full body suit could actually kill me, so here is the new plan:

Modified fly fishing vest. Rice pockets in the back on large muscles and achy points. plus heated knee pads ( major hurty place for me) I wish I knew how to do it without actually buying a microwave, so I'm gonna look at hot water bottles today.

LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the next project should be to turn you into a reality TV show.

Seriously, though, if you ever do another coffee enema, you WILL have to run to the toilet immediately if you don't lie on your right side right after injection, and you WILL feel speedy. It might be worth another try.

Have you ever had a tailbone injury? I was reading how Dr. C. has tailbone-injured Lyme patients do a clay pack over the tailbone and I'd like to see someone try that to know if it is helpful.

I know I seem a little backside-obsessed here but I swear I have other interests.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgive me for not knowing what all this excitement is about, but what are you so desperate for? Are you having a symptom you need help with, or are you talking about needing Lyme help overall? No bath will ever get your temperature to 106 degrees, you will die first. 100-101 is normal. Golly!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

LymeCF .... I lie on my right side, but still have to run to the bathroom [Big Grin] And, I don't know, you do seem a little fascinated with backsides .... then again, there are backsides worth being fascinated with.

Wild Condor, I got the idea she was just trying to make it fun. [Big Grin]

--------------------

je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

[Razz] thanks 6
Niere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Je,

If you do a search you'll see a thread I had in regards to an Edgar Cayce therapy I use called a wet cell.

In my experience, it helps with my neuro symptoms. I haven't found it to be as helpful with what I believe are possibly babesia-related symptoms.

So if you are having neuro issues, you may want to give it a try. It's not the least expensive thing out there, but I truly believe it's helped me.

If you want further details, you can pm me. If not, that's fine, I'm enjoying reading about your experiments. [Big Grin]

Posts: 237 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement