LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My Picc Line was Deneyed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Picc Line was Deneyed
Draba
Member # 14589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Draba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by my insurance!!!!!! They said that there is no proof that I have Lyme. My Western Blot was negative, and they said that the CD-57 (on which I got a 20 and 50) doesn't just indicate Lyme. I could have those scores because I have thyroiditis. I have definitely herxed on the antibiotics that I've taken, and I think that there is no way that this could be anything other than lyme. Also I live in an area where lyme is fairly common, and can remember being bitten by a tick at least twice.

My dr. wanted me to get a picc line and start Rocephen, and my insurance said that Rocephen is "investigational" and "experimental", and they won't cover it.

I really need to start the picc line, because I am barely able to stay in school, and am constantly feeling awful. This whole experience has been awful, and my poor mom has spent hours and hours on the phone trying to clear this up.

We are filing an appeal, and I need to find creditable sources that prove that Rocephen works on lyme disease. If you know of any, please let me know.

Thanks so much,

Draba

--------------------
Really tired of being sick. Wanting to go to college and have a life. Really happy that I have a puppy.

Posts: 66 | From My room | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good luck. up
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweetpea's Mom
Member # 12817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweetpea's Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry you are going through this Hell. I am also outraged.

Insurance companies make it thier business to deny as many claims as possible. Most do not pay for this type of treatment because they use outdated information as an excuse to deny.

I was in a similiar place to where you are now. I had to borrow money to pay for my IV abx. I had late stage neuro-lyme and the only thing that seems to have killed it was the 12 weeks of IV ABX.

Find someone to borrow money from. If I had not been able to do that I could have died or been crippled permanently.

My advice to you is to borrow, take a loan out, do whatever you need to do to save yourself because the greedy insurance corporation's beurocratic, paper-pushing drones will not help you. You can bet on that.

Here's the crux of the problem;

Our American healthcare system is corrupt. The CEOs and top investors that run, and profit from insurance companies, are much more concerned about making as much money as possible than for caring for the people who pay to have the "privilage" of being members of thier immoral, money-sucking, beurocracy.

Until "We the People" stop allowing ourselves to be suckered in by the BS in the insurance industry and pharma lobby's propoganda that tells us that universal health care or a single-payer system is bad for us, this is going to keep happening to American men, women and children, over and over and over again.

The fact is that people are dying in this great country of ours because we don't have universal healthcare. People who have insurance don't have it much better than those who don't when you factor in claim denials, co-pays, rising rates, higher treatment costs, etc.

The only people that this corrupt system does not hurt, are very rich people. The middle class and the working poor are being gouged and gutted by these powerful, greedy corporations.

While you take care of your own treatment or find someone who can help you financially, think about what you can do to help make a change for the benefit of friends and loved ones and future generations so they won't have to go through the Hell you and I and some many others did.

Understand that it is our government that props up these thieving insurance companies. The best thing you can do for yourself and others is to make sure you use your right to vote and vote wisely.

End of sermon.

I hope you get better. God helps those that help themselves.

Posts: 24 | From Maryland | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was fortunate to have positive tests for Lyme Disease-but it was a SPECT SCAN that opened the door for insurance to approve IV Rocephin.
savebabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can afford it, have an attorney send out the apeal on their letterhead.

I did this when I was denied several MRI's and it worked like a charm.

Good luck.

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Draba
Member # 14589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Draba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. I think we can pay, but It would be really difficult. We managed to talk with someone, and they said that there is no proof that I have lyme. I am thinking of looking into a different test, to see if I get a positive.

Thanks so much for the support,

Draba

--------------------
Really tired of being sick. Wanting to go to college and have a life. Really happy that I have a puppy.

Posts: 66 | From My room | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
draba,

try this out; timaca's outstanding appeal letter where she was reimbursed thousands of dollars!!!

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=038993#000003

[Wink] [hi]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement