LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Medical questions on Dr. J in SC/formerly in NC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Medical questions on Dr. J in SC/formerly in NC
Mtgirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mtgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,
I just reposted this on medical questions for feedback, as I'm sure many of Dr. J's patients are not looking for additional doctors.
At the urging of my local LLMD, I am going to Dr,. J in SC. Can you give me feedback on what to expect? I've already had 10 weeks of IVs with lots of picc line complications so I'm not excited about possibly having a picc line again. Do you think he'll just keep me on orals? What lifestyle recommendations will he make? Does he refuse to treat people? If so, based on what conditions?

Any feedback will be helpful!

Jill

[ 09. April 2008, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Mtgirl ]

--------------------
Mountaingirl

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 138 | From West Virginia | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tarheelgirl
Member # 13557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarheelgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mountaingirl,

Dr.J is a wonderful llmd. He has been my Dr. for

over 2 yrs. He will do whatever he can to help

you. He uses oral meds as well as Iv's just

depends on each persons situation.

Posts: 2 | From North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll go see Dr. J in SC this Friday for initial appointment. Personally I'd prefer IV abx (been on it for almost three months). My current doctor doesn't know what combo's will work for me [confused] [confused]

Best wishes to all of us! [group hug] [group hug]

Posts: 196 | From atlanta/norcross, georgia | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CraigC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CraigC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After some deliberation, and reading many of his patients' responses, I decided to phone his office to see about taking me on as a patient. The office staff were very helpful, and told me that they thought I'd be pleased with Dr. J. I have my first appt. with him on May 31. So, provided he is everything that they say, I may have found my new LLMD. That would be a nice transition, directly from the Nurse Practioner who is presently treating me, to a LLMD that is supposed to be extremely good. Maybe it's crazy, but I feel a new swell of hope growing, that he'll be able to get to the bottom of my symptoms cause [if it is Lyme].

--------------------
Craig

Posts: 207 | From Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mtgirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mtgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! I know there are a lot of die-hard supporters of this man, and his positive reputation speaks volumes.

Justag- I hope your appointment goes well! I wish I could continue IV abx, but I'm allergic to adhesives and the plastic the line was made of. I made so much progress in the 10 weeks I had my line! It was amazing!

--------------------
Mountaingirl

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 138 | From West Virginia | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cottonbrain
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cottonbrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good luck with him.

I saw him a couple times, very disappointing. He refused to treat me with anything except IVs, which he would only dispense from his office

at a price of "about fifteen thousand dollars" for "a few weeks."

If you check the sticky above, you will see that people are getting it for about 1/10th of what he charges.

He would not consider oral treatment for me, so I found another LLMD 8 hours away. For me, it's worth the drive.

lots of people love him; guess i was just unlucky.

Posts: 1173 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LuLuFlorida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuLuFlorida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody else know if Dr. J makes people buy there IV from him? If he does can you use insurance to pay for them? I have only had my initial consult with him and am supposed to be starting IV treatment with him in three weeks

I was told the duration of my IV treatment and what port I would be getting, but nothing on where I would be getting my IV supplies from. My previous LLMD had me use a phamacy by my house to get supplies from so I was assuming this would be the same. If anybody has done IV treatment with him who lives out of state and could give me feedback I would apreciate it.

Thanks,
Lindsay

--------------------
"One day at a time"

Current:
-1.2 IM bicillin three times a week
-1.25 IV Vancomycin every day
-IV glutathione and IM B12
-Byron White since Jan. 2011
-ALA, Yasko protocal, Adapten-All, thyrosol, Pekano, phosphalipid exchange, probiotics, oregano...

Posts: 390 | From FLORIDA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for dr. j's patients to answer...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notkrazybrian
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notkrazybrian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP
Posts: 217 | From Everywhere | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CraigC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CraigC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting response from Cotton. I called his office to ask that very question, since I want to cycle through oral routines first, before even entertaining thoughts of IV treatment. His staff specifically stated that he offers his patients both alternatives [based on severity of illness, medications tried, etc.]. They insisted that he doesn't promote one type of treatment over another. I guess I'll find out.

--------------------
Craig

Posts: 207 | From Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement