LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Rife machines debunked

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rife machines debunked
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read this...sure seems debunked to me.
http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/2007/07/this_is_why_you_should_never_s_1.php

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polaris
Member # 11391

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Polaris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weirder things happen.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/10/60minutes/main4006951.shtml

Posts: 31 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can debunk it all you want, but you can't argue when it WORKS.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawnee
Unregistered

The second story is amazing.
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the first article - he writes:

"I've met true believers of this stuff before, and there is little you can do to dissuade them of the magical power of these machines, that when dissected reveal they're little more than batteries with flashing LED-lights - and no capability of generating specific radio frequencies."

The link where he is supposedly dissecting the machine gives a page not found error. My husband is an electrical engineer and he looked at the schematics of my machine and it is fully capable of generating radio frequencies.

Anyone can write anything they want in a blog. That does not mean that they have the necessary background to accurately write about the subject.

There are many people involved in rife technology who do have the educational background to evaluate whether the machine does anything or not and they would disagree with this person.

With the help of my husband, we evaluated another supposed debunking of rife machines that was written by a ham radio operator. He made some basic incorrect assumptions in his evaluation that invalidate his conclusion. My husband taught electronics for years and he knows the basics very well and the guy was just plain incorrect.

So, if you are reading something, even something that sounds convincing, try to make sure that the writer actually has the expertise to understand the subject. Many who talk negatively about rife do not have the background or understanding to do a proper evaluation.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Killing cancer by adding a metal is way dif then the rife theroy.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is mine works for me.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not even a Rife machine, it's a fake.

Do you have any idea how many people have said something was impossible, implausible, or absurd, and then it ended up being true?

"The premise for prolonged antibiotic therapy for Lyme disease is the notion that some spirochetes can persist despite conventional treatment courses, thereby giving rise to the symptoms ascribed to chronic Lyme disease.

Not only is this assertion microbiologically implausible, there are no convincing published scientific data that support the existence of chronic Lyme disease. "

The ISDA wrote that two days ago.

Look around you, we live in a time when people can communicate thousands of miles, fly on planes across oceans (I'm in Italy at the moment), travel to the moon, see millions of miles in space with optical techonolgy.

Do you have any idea how many "normal" people have used Rife therapy for Chronic Lyme Disease and improved? An awful lot, let me tell you that.

I hope you're incorrect, I really do, because I just received my EMEM3D by courier yesterday, and if it doesn't work, I wasted my money.

We'll see if it works for me I believe it will, and the irony is that sometimes all it takes is believing in a possibility, that leads to it becoming reality. If we don't invest it won't manifest.

As skeptical as I am, I've been fooled enough times by "logic" to avoid taking risks or trying new things, because it didn't seem "rational, reasonable, or possible."

The only truth that I've come to know in this short time that I've been on this planet is that "Sometimes the impossible...just takes a little longer."

[ 20. April 2008, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: METALLlC BLUE ]

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ralph
Unregistered

thank you, TerryK.

Seems to me if some people cannot understand or grasp something in the way they look at things they then say it cant be true.

Results are what matter to me and to others. If something helps and I really do not understand why, I give myself permission to say I do not really know.

Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll say what I usually do when it comes to stuff like this - Get a team of scientists working on it, investigating the mechanisms of action, or at very least seeing if it produces consistent, quantifiable results.

I think the blog author here is failing to address some basic scientific principles. Regardless if they actually work, I've seen considerable scientific evidence to suggest that rife machines are capable of emanating certain wavelengths.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I've been using my EMEM5A to tackle my 8 mo sinus infection. I finally got REALLY serious about it, using it at least 30 min a day for each known bacteria. {I have two}

It's working! It's also kept me off abx for Lyme for 3 1/2 years. Between that and Xango, I'm a happy camper.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The author is speaking about a fraudulent Rife device to begin with. There is no effective Rife device that runs on batteries. There is plenty of these phony devices out there. If it runs on batteries do not waste your money.

His opinions on microscopy is outdated also. He makes it sound like Rife could not have achieved the magnifications he did. In the first place, hundreds of scientists, doctors and the like were familiar with and used his microscope. No one at that time ever questioned the ability of the microscope. These people were not amateurs.

The maker of this microscope in the link below, not only does what he says can't be done, they think they know how Rife did it. If experts on microscopy believe he achieved the magnification he is reported to have done, then I am going to believe the experts.

Here is an excerpt from the Grayfield Optical Page.

Introduction
Ever since the German physicist Ernst Abbe determined that light microscopes cannot resolve objects smaller than half the wavelength of visible light (about 250nm), this has been seen by most scientists as the limit of light optical microscopes.

The current Olbrich Lens System (OLS) is the result of over 30 years research and development by the German engineer, Kurt Olbrich. By closely examining and optimising every part of the optical pathway and closely reexaming the laws of optics, putting every aspect of those laws into question, Kurt Olbrich was able to discover a different way of making optical systems which avoid the limits normally associated with optical resolution.

We recognise that many of the statements we make on this site regarding the optical capabilities of our microscopes will appear incredible to those who have studied the existing laws of optical physics.

http://www.grayfieldoptical.com/resolution.html

He went out to debunk the theory and made his facts fit his conclusion. His facts are for the most part, not factual.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by D Bergy:
The author is speaking about a fraudulent Rife device to begin with. There is no effective Rife device that runs on batteries. There is plenty of these phony devices out there. If it runs on batteries do not waste your money.

Thanks for pointing that out!! I didn't bother to read the article. [Wink] [Razz]

Batteries???? [Eek!] [shake]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

daise
Unregistered

There is a big difference, by order of magnitude, from what the kenzius machine seeks to do ... and any rife machine.

daise [Smile]

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu, I'm glad you got serious about the sinus thing with rife. Are you are using freqs that are known to disrupt that bacteria they identified in your sinus surgery?

I forget which one they identified?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

your right he is talking about a "Fake" rife machine. Good point. But, we still after what 60 yrs now, have no real proof. Seems pretty insane to think that we cannot really produce ANY video from a known crediable source that can show us bugs in the blood being killed via rife. There are some that say rife, but that could be from nuke treatments. So my challenge is some one here, who we can trust, take a high powered microscpope which btw is only about 500-1000 in cost and a true good rife is like thousands of dollars, go get a sample of your live blood, its easy to do, and get the bug under your scope then apply the rife ans watch. Didnt ANYONE do this yet????
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, I want to make it clear that I think it's fine for people to question whether rife is valid or not. By the same token, it should be expected that people will jump in with their experiences and opinions.

Hopefully you've taken the time to avail yourself of the archives so that you can read past discussions about rife machines since this subject has been disccused here many times.

quote:
good rife is like thousands of dollars
Although you can no doubt buy one that is thousands of dollars, it is not neccesary. Mine was $1,100 - not cheap but not thousands of dollars either I've used it trouble free for 2+ years. Also, there is a person who builds machines at cost for people who can't afford one.

As far as the battery powered machines, I have a zapper that my husband built from some schematics. The guy who wrote the article that you posted was clearly confused about what a rife is because a rife machine is not battery powered. Anyway, I use the zapper when I am getting a cold and it usually keeps me from getting the cold so based on my experience, I can say it is not totally bogus. Not too many things will stop a cold for me.

The zapper is cheap to make - parts were less than $50. You can buy one for around $100-$200 last time I checked. They are supposed to be good for parasites. I still needed an anti-parasitic medication so I can't attest to it's anti-parasitic efficacy. It's possible that it works for some parasites but it didn't seem to work for some that I had. That said, it is only part of an anti-parasitic program.

As far as rife, it brought feeling back to my heels which had been numb - no feeling at all - for many years. I also had big deep cracks in them. I still have some small cracks but not the big huge deep cracks. I can walk better since I can feel my heels and it seems very likely to me that some deep healing has happened.

I've had other results too but besides feeling better sometimes after using it and other times having a herx reaction, the heels are the most overt changes that I've noticed. I do use it to help control viruses and it does help.

You may want to read some of the other testimonials here about people who have gone into remission using rife.

If you have the money to buy the microscope and the time and energy and knowledge to design and do appropriate testing, go for it. I'd be interested in hearing your results.

As for myself, I'm happy with my own results and plan to continue using it. I don't know if rife works for everyone but it has helped me and I plan to continue using it as an adjunct to other treatments. It will likely take a more prominent role in my treatment when I decide I've had enough abx.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by map1131:
Tutu, I'm glad you got serious about the sinus thing with rife. Are you are using freqs that are known to disrupt that bacteria they identified in your sinus surgery?

I forget which one they identified?

What do you mean by "disrupt"? I'm zapping staph aureus and pseudomonas.

James....Royal Rife himself did all those studies. Anyone can do them if they want to, but why would they bother if they know the machine works for them??

No institute is going to spend money on this research when they will make ZERO dollars on it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug, I can't remember his last name, built himself a coil type Rife machine (Doug Coil) because he heard that bacteria can be killed with frequencies and his family as well as himself had Lyme disease.

This was in the eighties and before the internet and he was not aware of Rife's work years earlier.

With a dark field microscope and a frequency device he built himself, he ran various frequencies while observing Lyme bacteria he managed to get from a lab. He kept doing this until he found the frequencies that would kill the bacteria. Some of his frequencies are in the CAFL list of frequencies. Rife never did any research on Lyme bacteria as it was long before it was even known as a disease.

Doug reconfirmed Rife's work by accident. He is aware of Rife now, and is on a DVD telling about his story at a Rife conference. If he would not have done this, we probably would not have many of the effective frequencies for Lyme that exist today.

Doug has no symptoms of Lyme anymore, but still uses the machine occasionally, just in case.

Anyone who digs into this with some depth, will find that the concept works. It still does not work as well as Rife's results. But thanks to James Peters, who used to post here, and others, much more has been learned recently that could lead to some breakthroughs.

It is something that can no longer be shoved under the rug. There is just too many people who use them effectively to shut it down for another 70 years.

They do not work for everything, and there are fraudulent claims and devices, but the real ones do work well for many, but not all conditions.

They are just one more tool to consider when battling an illness.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Bergy, I knew about Doug but didn't know that he did his research unaware of Royal Rife's work!! That's amazing!

It's probably good that he DIDN'T know. It left his ideas and research wide open and "free."

Hope that makes sense! [bonk]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug Maclean

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

My machine just arrived. I'm having my mother try it out for five to ten seconds. I don't want her frying herself if she has any infection which might respond!

[Smile]

--------------------

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anybody watch the Kanzius machine segment on 60 minutes a week ago?

While the approach with the Kanzius 'radio frequency' machine to kill cancer is somewhat different than the Rife theories, the bottom line is still radio fequencies as part of medicine.

I think I watched the whole segment and I heard not one mention of anything about Rife. Never any credit given to alternative ideas, even if morthodox medicine ends up adopting the same basic principles.

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops. Meant to put a link in there:

http://www.hiphopmusic.com/best_of_youtube/2008/04/john_kanzius_cancer_cure_60_mi.html

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu, to disrupt or to kill a bacteria, virus or parasite, etc. A freq that effects them whether it disrupts or kills is good.

When they get disrupted they tend to move out of hiding and weaken. So then you can "zap" them the next day or rife session.

Hopefully you've really disrupted the mass of bacteria that is in your sinus area? They don't know if they are coming or going? [Wink]

They're going!!!!!!!!Going!!!!!Sorry guys, you're outta here.

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Blue, that's really sweet of you to test your mother first. Is she your lab mouse?

I'm kidding. I know you aren't serious?

Pam

--------------------

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

HA! Map, that's cute. Nah, it just arrived in the mail in the states. I'm in Italy right now. I just asked her to turn it on for me to make sure the guy who sent it to me didn't send me a dead machine.

She knows to turn it off immediately. I told her -- "Don't own yourself!" hahaha. [Smile]

--------------------

jamieL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jamieL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any updates on rifing from anyone?

--------------------
Diagnosed with :yme and mycoplasma pneumonia Aug 08.
Treating with Doxy and Ceftin ever since. 15 sessions in hyperbaric o2 chamber

Posts: 183 | From all around | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Mine still works. [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Mike30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it wasn't for rife, I'd be dead from lyme. Simple as that. I have three machines - the B3, Doug Coil and Mag Pulser. All are effective for non-cyst forms of lyme.
Posts: 181 | From chicago | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy1
Member # 12754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i swear by my two machines, coil and pulser. i use them almost every day and am getting BETTER!!! horray!!! and i am not on abx!!!
Posts: 82 | From philadelphia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparrow
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparrow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Beam Ray. I don't run it all the time, because my daughter who is the lymie responds to just a few minutes. She will feel awful for days. I run it once every 1 to 2 weeks for her. However, sometimes if I or someone else in the family get sick, I will run it, because I have to take care of her.

Yesterday morning I woke up with conjuctivitis. Since it is labor day weekend, I knew I wouldn't be able to see a dr until tomorrow and I wasn't going to go to the er. I ran the rife machine on the adenovirus and conjunctivitis frequencies for 20 minutes and felt mostly normal by the afternoon.

This morning I can tell that my eyes are still not totally back to normal, so I ran the same frequencies and I expect to be doing fine by this afternoon.

I have felt like I couldn't crawl downstairs to turn it on to run it for the flu before, but managed to and was fine the next day.

If you are in good health, you will respond to the frequencies quickly, but if you have a chronic condition, you have to go slow.

I ran it too long for a friend of mine who had several viral issues that she had been addressing for months. (I did it accidentally.) The next day she could hardly walk from the die off. She had a body wrap to detox and was noticably better.

There are alot of medicines that "they" don't fully understand why they work, but people still use them. I really don't give much thought to how a microwave or a car or even electricity works, but they all do.

Ten years ago I probably would have been questioning rife machines also. Now that my daughter has been sick for half of her life I am willing to try alternatives. She still does bicillin and homeopathy and the occasionaly rife session.

Posts: 177 | From God's Grace | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement