LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme healed through Jesus - yes this is true

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme healed through Jesus - yes this is true
Health
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently read in a book that a woman with Lyme disease was healed of it, cured of it, through a Catholic Priest that had the gift to heal,

Jesus healed this woman of lyme disease through the Catholic Priest. I attended a healing mass years ago, but was not healed, I did not feel anything actualy, but I was not prayed over

by a priest, just regular Catholic people.

I am seeing a LLMD, a new one, have been on anitbiotics off and on 5 years, on now for about 30 months straight, I am getting very

down because I am not getting that much better,
I need antibiotics, I would die without them, so at least I know what I need, I will be on antibiotics, so I wont stop them, but I would like to be healed like this woman,

although I know I may not possibly not at all, but it is worth a try, even if I still am on antibiotics, but my healing just is more swift and I heal better.

I have had mercury out, years of chelation, had root canal out, I believe in prayer because it has helped me in the past 8 months, although not better, it has helped me in ways I can tell, it healed my mind or part of it when I was in a dark severe depression, it works for me,

So, I know that antibiotics and LLMD and prayer work for me, that is good at least, narrow down what works for me.

Please private message me if you feel the need to.

thanks,

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
omgwtfbbq
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look into biofeedback and meditation. They are way less expensive and judgemental than churches.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for madge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last week my sick husband who never goes out and I went to a healing service at our Catholic church..this lady was from the Boston area and has healing powers..she is approved by the church and goes all around the world..her name is Eileen Geroge...after we went at least two people told me they went to one of her healings and knows someone who got better...I do believe that prayer and faith in God can do so many good things...so far there is no change in Hubby..his family calls every day to see if he is healed...if and when it happens the world will here me, i'll be screaming outloud believe me..

--------------------
madgen

Posts: 342 | From newjersey | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

It's been demonstrated - people of faith have a lot more going for them when facing adversity.
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a Christian, and I do believe in healing, though I don't believe in the supernatural. I believe everything that is considered supernatural, is merely nature but not presently understood.

In that respect, Prayer works. It has pretty basic psychological and neurobiological implications for the individual praying. A lot of studies have been done on it. We don't know specifically which prayers, or what particular correlation exists. It's a bit like starting a car. You may not know how an engine works or be able to take one apart, but you can witness the end result by turning the key.

Prayer is much like meditation, depending who is doing the praying, and what particular way they go about their prayers. Sometimes people who pray aren't merely supplicating, or asking for this or that -- they may only speak to Christ or God, or focus on a specific experience or outcome they would choose to have occur.

I believe prayer is much like my own belief in "possibilities" -- when we creatively and passionately believe something is possible, then the probability increases that we'll be able to perceive and or create a particular outcome through choices, actions and other areas of our effectivness.

So, in summary, focusing on an outcome, believing it can and will take place, can allow a process to occur which gives you the capacity to experience and or witness it. Imagination, creativity, focus, passion, goals, ambition -- all are strengthened by a resolve to commit to praying, meditating or demanding of yourself, a result.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for madge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My, that is really good... i agree one hundred percent..you know that old saying "you've got to beleive" well in life, we all need to believe in some thing on someone...a Higher Power or God..prayer is always a way to express or ask or receive...

--------------------
madgen

Posts: 342 | From newjersey | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you don't get healed in an instant, does that mean you don't have faith, or God doesn't love you?

All the miracles in the Bible were never for someone's comfort or convenience. They were to build faith and bring that person to God.

Even Lazarus, raised from the dead, died again.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawnee
Unregistered

I am a Christian (non-catholic) and I absolutely do believe that God works miracles daily. I don't believe you have to have a priest or anybody else to help Him do so. And I don't believe that by praying we are giving ourselves good vibes from meditating and causing our bodies to repair themselves because we think it into being etc etc etc.

Can God heal us of Lyme... absolutely. Without a doubt!
Will He? I can not say because I don't know his plan.
I know for certain that all things can work together to glorify God. And I'm not to sit around worrying because I know that God sees the bigger picture, where we only see the here and now. God knows the end result.
He sees every sparrow that falls to the ground...

That doesn't mean I won't take my medicines and do what I can to make myself feel better and detox etc.

That doesn't mean that just because I pray for healing I will be healed that instant (which of course CAN happen...but if it doesn't then God has other plans that I just don't see yet)There are instances in the bible where people prayed and didn't get results until later. Or got different results other than what they asked... because God knew His plan for them.

I don't get mad at God when I wake up every morning still sick. And I won't be mad at God if it turns out that my children and husband have LD.
Upset... yes of course. I'm human. Will I understand why... likely not.

But I know that my Lord is stronger [Smile] And yes, I do honestly believe that I will get well eventually. .. God's will be done.

And I also believe that our suffering draws us closer to God. Unfortunately, when we have it comfortable and easy then we are less likely to feel that nudge towards our Lord and Savior, to feel a NEED for Him daily. That is certainly true in my case. And I WANT to have this constant need for God.

So instead of wallowing in despair, I pray for daily help from the only one who can help me.
And I get through each day.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12:9

"This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me." Psalm 119:50

Dawn

cmichaelo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmichaelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe in the placebo effect.

If you believe that abx will help you, it will.

If you believe Jesus will help you, it will.

If you believe you can simply think it away, it will.

But the point here is REALLY REALLY believing it. No "on the fence" belief here will help you.

You absolutely must be convinced about that something will help you, 100%, and it will.

And that's called the placebo effect.

Did you all know that the drug companies are trying to change the way the blind studies are made, i.e., you give a group the real drug and you give the other group a sugar pill, and then wait and see the results?

Reason being that the placebo effect sometimes is stronger for the group that took the sugar pill than the group that took the real drug. Yeah!! In other words, the real drug was actually worse at treating the symptom than "nothing". How bout that. No wonder the placebo effect is a threat to the pharmaceuticals.

In fact, it seems that it high times that the placebo effect gets it fair share as an honest-to-God treatment option.

The mind has amazing powers!!

By the way, the opposite of the placebo effect is called the Nocebo effect.

Thus if you think or doubt something will help, then it won't!

Even worse, if you go around thinking you'll get the cold every winter because you always do, well then you will.

The mind has amazing powers to do both good and bad.

Think positive. Try to truly convince yourself of your minds abilities. Look into it. Try to understand how the mind could possibly cure you from disease by reading books on the subject.

Because not until you understand and are convinced about the mind powers, then and only then can you subconsciously adopt the proper philosophy to heal yourself.

And whether your understanding and conviction is scientific based or spiritual based doesn't matter. The important issue is that you inherently (subconsciously) are convinced.

If you try to force a belief onto yourself, it's only skin deep and it won't work. It MUST become a conviction. And it must become part of YOU. In other words, it must become a belief. Something you believe SUBCONSCIOUSLY.

Not an easy thing to do. But it can be done. The younger you are, the easier it probably is. But it's never too late.

Michael

--------------------
I'm not an MD. The above is IMO and in my experience as well as from health related books.

I've had symptoms consistent with neurological Lyme disease since 1986. Was diagnosed with Lyme in 2004. Am feeling better now than ever before.

Posts: 702 | From NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Now had this post read: Doctor cures Lyme, I would have been very skeptical, doctor's can't cure anything.

I am a non-denominational Christian and absolutely believe He can heal us. He put us together in the first place, He can restore us too. There is a saying "doctor's treat disease, God removes them forever".

Have you ever heard of Brandilyn Collins? She had Lyme Disease and was healed by God and wrote a book about it. There are a few sites/blogs that tell of God's healing.

To put your full faith into (man) doctors is not realistic for me, they can prescribe medicine, that is about it and they can't even cure a cold. Yes I go to a doctor and pray that God lead his every move. Believe me if I ever experience a miracle like this, I will be the first to let the world know:

Here are two links w/stories of former Lyme patients and their miracle healings:

http://www.brandilyncollins.com/healing.html

http://tinyurl.com/67tpy4

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that there are miracles all around us...sometimes we choose not to see them.

Having found what was truly killing me and treating it before it did........ was my miracle

Being able to get to appointments for myself and children on days when I was not sure where I was.......is still my miracle

Getting help for myself and children......when just getting out of bed was overwhelming.....I honestly don't remember how I even got dressed never mind calling the school, doctors, labs.......this is my miracle

Talking to people and thinking that they don't believe our pain........then getting a call out of the blue to see how we are doing......another miracle for me

Finding a doctor, physical therapist, teachers, priest, or did they find me?, can feel like a miracle ........ just think about how many people are still living and suffering with a misdiagnosis.......don't you feel lucky to have the information you have?

I guess I sound pretty desparate to some.....however, I have found that finding your faith in small everyday happenings will strenghen your spririt and give you hope

When I have hope I have courage to fight this illness.

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met people personally who have been healed by being prayed over. One was wheelchair bound by MS (could have been Lyme?). She has not been sick in years and walks just as well as any of us do.

I do believe it's true, but I also believe that God does what's best for your soul. I was also prayed over by this woman (approved by the Church, and operates under the authority of the bishop). I felt spiritual changes but had no physical healing. I had an overwhelming sense of peace.

This was years ago, but if you've read my posts, you know I have a positive outlook towards this disease and keep upbeat even when I feel horrible. I am still at peace. I know the strength comes from my active prayer life. Without God, I don't know that I could have made it through this.

He does chose to heal some and not heal others. It was the same in Biblical times.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

I am a woman of faith. I don't think God is going to cure me of Lyme disease, but I know for sure my God is with me every step of the way.

I will be healed in the next life- unless BB can live on dead bodies?

adamm
Unregistered

I was not raised to be religious, but it has been demonstrated

that prayer and like actions can induce healing, and I believe our

minds are capable of causing amazing phenomena to occur. (I

personally know someone, for instance, who was told after

a stroke that he would never move from the waist down again, but

now only has a slight limp.) I would not doubt that this woman

was truly healed.

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone met someone that had chronic Lyme disease for years and was spontaneously healed? I have not.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
Has anyone met someone that had chronic Lyme disease for years and was spontaneously healed? I have not.

I have met someone wheelchair bound by MS for years who was spontaneously healed, as stated before. As we all know, this woman could have possibly had Lyme Disease.

This woman lived in our community, went to our Church, etc. She was not someone put on stage or anything like that.

If you Google Fatima and Lourdes, you will find spontaneous healings, though not common, do happen.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chamade
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chamade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It happens all the time, to religious and non-religious people. The human mind is a lot more powerful then we give it credit - after all it invented god, not the other way around.

--------------------
Why me? Well, why not me???

Posts: 411 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that there is a reason why we are going through this process and maybe someday we'll know what that is.

I find it incredibly comforting that so many Lymies have stronger faith due to their illness. If not for my faith I know I wouldn't be healing as well and I wouldn't be emotionally strong.

My Lyme Dr. is a christian and I've notice a lot of Lymies and Doctors have a strong faith (Christian and other faiths) and I feel that this is very beneficial to our health.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smadavid
Member # 14830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smadavid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Metallic Blue, I like the way you think. I'm not sure I would call disbelief in the supernatural 'Christian', but maybe that's because I was raised fundamentalist and have too narrow a view. I think its important to have beliefs, because we're wired to be spiritual beings by nature.

My view on God is that he is best understood as a concept. I'm not particularly interested in arguing whether a specific religion's God exists or not, because that's impossible to know. I see God as being the mystery of objective reality (truth). We can never be certain because our experiences are inherently subjective, but we can catch glimpses at deeper truths. Hence the mystery, wonder, and awe that create belief in something greater that we can ever know.

I suspect that this ultimate reality is natural rather than supernatural, but that doesn't make it any less spiritual. My beliefs drive me to improve myself, help those in need, and do my part in creating a better tomorrow.

I believe in the healing power of belief, be it through prayer, meditation, or scientific inquiry. The human mind is an amazing thing. I'm currently reading "The Brain that Changes Itself," which is an excellent book about healing in cases thought to be impossible. If we believe ourselves to be incurably sick, surely we will be. But if we believe we can get better, then we're already part way there [Smile]

Posts: 12 | From East Windsor, CT | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawnee
Unregistered

" The human mind is a lot more powerful then we give it credit - after all it invented god, not the other way around."

Why say such a thing in a post with such a title? I mean... really???

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

" The human mind is a lot more powerful then we give it credit - after all it invented god, not the other way around."

Why say such a thing in a post with such a title? I mean... really???

I'd love to talk more just in general about my own thoughts about my experiences in understanding God, philosophy or existence. Hope that's ok with everyone? This will be long, but most will probably find it interesting I hope.

What was said about Mind creating God -- it can be taken in multiple forms given the limitations of words, based on what I know.

The mind can only understand what it perceives and it can only perceive what it creates from the data received. Sound, light, taste, touch etc. If we had sensory organs other than those we have which have adapted for our particular environment, we could witness and perceive other aspects of reality, but those would be created as well from the information available.

Given the dictonomy of existence, the mind creates God as much as God creates Mind -- Christ said a great deal about the capacity of the father, son and holy spirit and the purpose behind each. They are one process, being experienced via a process of 3 seemingly separate illusions.

The "one" -- God, is not 3. The spirit is not separate from God, the son is not separate from God, and we are not separate from God (The process of simple being, existing, not existing)

If an individual is in an accident, and they suffer tremendous extensive irreversible permanent brain damage to various areas of the brain. The mind is incabable of generating the appropriate thought pattern that creates an understanding of God, or the higher reflective process indicative of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

They could look in a mirror and not realize they're seeing themselves. Like an animal with a different capacity to interpret data, they could assume they were seeing something or someone else. We often have seen our pets scared by a mirror or trying to play with it or attack it -- thinking it was seeing "a stranger" rather than itself.

Various primates have the capacity to separate identity from "one" -- and thus can reflect upon their own thoughts. Obviously not to the degree we can, but it makes an interesting point for this discussion.

The son was intended -- based on what I understand -- to be a light through which the holy spirit could bridge to God, thus allowing all to experience existence and yet be able to know the father, through the son, via the holy spirit. This aligns well with the concepts of which science has allowed us to discover.

Science has shown that matter is composed of elements, these elements make up all that we see and don't see. Calcium, Magenesium, Boron, Copper, etc. That components that make up the machinery and form of non living things and living things -- including us.

We are apart of the environment we exist in and the environment we exist in is apart of a larger enviornment, aka the sun, the planets, our rotation of the planet, and the gravity between one planet and the next. Those planets are affected by another force, and our galaxy and solar system are in an environment as well.

The earth basically for the sake of this discussion, is our environment. The universe itself, is made of matter and elements based on our available research.

We know that substances that exist on other planets and stars also exist here. Thus, if we are in-fact of the earth, or universe, we're not separated at all from it. We breath air, use it, expell it. We eat things, take in that material, it is broken down, and often used to rebuild our own bodies or expelled back into the environment to be used by another portion of the environment (living creatures are one example)

So, in essence we "are" all one. We're all the same exact process happening at the same exact moment of "now" -- the present. Because of our human existence, we don't realize when we look up at the stars or when we look at other people we are in-fact seeing ourselves.

Relative experience accumulated from one reference point to another allows the human mind to gather data and piece it together in such ways as to "create" the experiences we each individually have. In order to experience that, we must be both one with that reference point, but also separate. This would fit well with the first 3 pages of the Bible. (Well it can be understood and hundreds of ways, but this is one way I've considered)

I think we believe the illusion of our separate identities because we evolved to exist as reference points in which the universe or God could experienc "being" that, knowing that, having that. (God created the universe, and everything else right? Therefore nothing else exists that isn't God if God is the alpha and omega."

So, the mind is of God, and god is of the mind. A reference point allows another point in space to exist in "relativity." Human beings are capable of thus knowing they're universally connected (If told or taught, or they stumble across this through their experiences) -- and suddenly the concept of "God" is created within them.

Christ stated that while he did great things, we shall do even greater things. Our capacity to become awake, changes our way of behaving towards one another, and this was critical to the main tenets of most religions.

Why kill another, if you're killing yourself? Why cheat on your wife, if your wife is all others and vice versa. Why condemn God, if you condemn that which is you, in you. Why steal, if you're stealing from yourself?

So we're taught, treat others as you'd like to be treated. Give to others, help others, serve others -- "be...others."

As a human being you are limited by reference and current individual existence through form (Plato, Socrates, Aristotle). Absent form, you exist as one with the process (I believe).

It's like the experience one had prior to birth. There was an experience, it simply didn't have a reference point to acknowledge another.

Hope that was enjoyable to read and made sense to someone!

I hope it doesn't offend anyone, because this is just some humble thoughts from a man with an incomplete understanding. I don't know God the father, and don't minimize or disprove anyone elses belief or opinion. I've posted mostly for thought to chew on and entertainment.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The human mind is a lot more powerful then we give it credit - after all it invented god, not the other way around.

Your so very lost.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

The trinity was spoken of clear back in Genesis 1:26

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow this is an intense topic....

everyone is going to have their own opinion and their own belief, I guess we cant knock someone for belieing what they believe in.

I think everyone has their own interpretation of what God is, because how can we ever REALLY know.

I believe there is someone up there, he is my God and maybe I have not been so nice to him...maybe I havent talked to him enough.

I get scared to and dont know what to say, and think og now that I am sick I am going to start asking for help when I ignored you all these years....I couldnt do that so I try not to ask for help or guideance.

I was NOT raised a religious person, and my family never went to church, but I SURE do believe in a higher power. I ahve been to churches where they heal people....I didnt get healed

I have been prayed over....I didnt get healed

Maybe I am just not meant to heal or maybe I am meant to find my way myself.....I dont know.

I always question WHY I got sick so suddenly with no warning, and WHY it had to happen when I was giving birth to new life......I thought God was playing a mean joke on me, how could he do this to me??? I thought I was being punished for wanting a good life.

I dont know where I stand now, but I do know I am asking now for some guidance to the right DX and treatment and for the strength for me and my family to get through this.....

I live in fear everyday and think the worst is going to happen to me.....I dont want to think that way anymore.....

I do believe people can be healed.....I hope I can heal

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Hang in there Shandy. You're not alone. [Smile]

--------------------

chamade
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chamade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Your so very lost.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

The trinity was spoken of clear back in Genesis 1:26

[dizzy]

I think this thread is better suited for personal support. [/QB][/QUOTE]

--------------------
Why me? Well, why not me???

Posts: 411 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newlymepatient
Member # 6461

Icon 14 posted      Profile for newlymepatient     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Occassionally I do searches on the internet for healing stories. I searched God and healed to find this older post. I haven't seen or heard of a Lyme disease healing from God, but I am sure there have been and maybe mine will be the first one I hear of!

Last summer, my friends were praying for me. My dad committed suicide a few years ago from stress from Lyme disease. Additionally, I struggle with the disease and its physical and psychological effects.

During the prayer one of my friends told me to lift up my hands while we prayed. I had never done that before, but I went with it. Then my other friend put her hand on my heart and began praying for me. As she prayed for me I felt heat fill up my chest and I began crying (I never cry in front of people). It felt overwhelming and almost uncontrollable. My other friend said that God was hugging me and holding me in his arms. At the end of the prayer my friend prayed for my Lyme disease.

Before this moment I had never felt God in such a clear and real way! I am so sure that God had everything to do with that and it was in no way a psychological manifestation of my brain. First of all I am not that positive (a skeptic at heart). Secondly, I was depressed as heck.

The friend who prayed for me has been told that she has the gift of healing. Later that week she told me that there are different kinds of healing. Some are instantaneous and others are gradual.

Also, when my friends prayed for me that night they prayed about problems I never told them about.

When I was at church later the next week my pastor mentioned that healing is often gradual. I believe that was a confirmation of my healing.

At the moment of the prayer and after I felt filled with God's peace and definitely an emotional healing, but I didn't notice an immediate physical healing per say.

A few weeks after the healing when I didn't notice any physical effects and I began to wonder if/worry that I didn't have enough faith to be healed. Then, that week at church my pastor said, "Don't worry that you don't have enough faith. When God heals you he overwhelms you."

I go to a non-denominational Christian church now, but was raised in a Methodist Christian church where people never talked about the current existence of spiritual gifts so the experience knocked me out of my socks. I would have never believed it before it happened.

Since then I have began noticing more and more signs that this was clearly a healing from God. I never noticed before but if you look at stained glass depictions of healings the people being healed are always either in bed, kneeling, or with their hands up in worship/surrender like mine were that night. I have been thinking about trying to depict my healing experience in stained glass, but I don't know that I am that artistically talented.

It definitely helps me through the tough times to remind me of my promised healing. I think I have been doing better physically overall. Unfortunately, I got a few fibroadenomas in the breasts recently--I strongly believe due to the flagyl I was taking. I am off antibiotics for a couple months now.

Reminding myself of that experience does help me through these hard waiting times. I do have worry and anxiety still sometimes.

Recently, I had someone at my church pray about my lumps too. Only when I went up for prayer a guy came up to me. I am young (25) and female, so I was embarrassed about telling him about the lumps so I asked for prayer for my health and that is it.

The man prayed that I get a diagnosis in the least invasive way possible. I thought that was a rather specific prayer considering the first opinion said they wanted to remove the lumps (at least three). The second opinion said they look non-cancerous according to the ultrasound and wants to observe and wait. Since then I can't find one of the lumps, but I can still find the other two.

I definitely think that God helps me through this. I was so much more anxiety ridden before I began to see God work in this new way.

Thank-you Jesus [bow]

Posts: 50 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6(NIV)

God is the creator of all things. He is our living and loving God.

I believe in God and the word of God, and he believes in me - and you. It's not what I learn as much as what I know in my heart.

It is very likely what leads us to say "we are spiritual beings, by nature".

I have some Good News, Bad News and something in between.

The bad news is we are not fully protected against "harm" until we leave earth as we know it, and enter the kingdom of God.

The inbetween news is God has a plan and he does answer prayer and he is the Greatest of Healers.
How do we serve God?

Before I was diagnosed with Lyme I wondered how I can serve God. I have no talent for it.

I think the greatest gift and service to God is unconditional Love.

I think each and everyone of us here are striving to show one another unconditional Love by helping each other through illness and emotional distress. We serve.

The GOOD NEWS is God loves each and everyone of us. Unconditional Love. Everyone is saved through His grace. And He does answer prayers!

I used to pray that the Lord would use me to help my daughter. She suffered for years with illness.

I prayed He would remove her pain and put it on me. Last summer He did just that!

I had Lyme symptoms, pain and suffering. The doctors did not provide any answers for me, just like my daughter had no diagnosis or hope of a cure.

I kept looking for answers. I kept asking "what is wrong with me?"

He sent me an Angel, her name is Laura and she sometimes posts here on this message board.

This stranger told me I may have Lyme.

My doctors said no, not Lyme. Laura gently supported me and guided me so that I may learn to investigate beyond my own understanding and the understanding of others.

Because of her help I discovered I do have Lyme. I also discovered all these years my daughter suffered from an unknown illness - that it was Lyme.

You may think this is unfortunate for us. But it led to a diagnosis and treatment.

My daughter has had a few good days when she realized she could actually be well again.

This is a miracle to me. I thank God and continue to pray for my daughter, myself and the people here.

I hope you don't think I'm lost. I am not, I don't have answers, just faith.

I have witnessed "proof" of God and Life everlasting. I think we all have at some time.

What makes us rationalize these events to discredit them? Human nature? Why not experience them as another expression of God's love for us?

Unconditional Love.

We are all work in progress.
Perhaps you think I am simply a piece of work.

I love you too.
Blessings to you,
Peedie

[ 08. August 2008, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Peedie ]

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Someone pointed this thread out again to me, so I'm bumping it.

--------------------

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may be that we have healing ability, and the power of the mind over the body may be untapped. OTOH, it is always a wise idea to temper your religion with a little history. It may require giving up some cherished myths.

"Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible & Why" Bart Ehrman

http://tinyurl.com/5s7tbm

"God's Problem: How the Bible Fails to Answer Our Most Important Question--Why We Suffer" Bart Ehrman

http://tinyurl.com/6pvrdw

"From Jesus to Christ: The Origins of the New Testament Images of Christ" by Paula Fredriksen

http://tinyurl.com/6c4ue4

"Who Killed Jesus?: Exposing the Roots of Anti-Semitism in the Gospel Story of the Death of Jesus" by John Dominic Crossan

http://tinyurl.com/5rs433

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clint31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chamade:
It happens all the time, to religious and non-religious people. The human mind is a lot more powerful then we give it credit - after all it invented god, not the other way around.

And you're free to believe what you want.

All I can say is you need prayed for, and I feel very sorry for you.

--------------------
DX'ed Lyme Disease: 7/7/2008
DX'ed Babesia, Epstein Barr, Liver Parasite 8/15/2013.

Posts: 739 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clint31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oxygenbabe:
It may be that we have healing ability, and the power of the mind over the body may be untapped. OTOH, it is always a wise idea to temper your religion with a little history. It may require giving up some cherished myths.

"Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible & Why" Bart Ehrman

http://tinyurl.com/5s7tbm

"God's Problem: How the Bible Fails to Answer Our Most Important Question--Why We Suffer" Bart Ehrman

http://tinyurl.com/6pvrdw

"From Jesus to Christ: The Origins of the New Testament Images of Christ" by Paula Fredriksen

http://tinyurl.com/6c4ue4

"Who Killed Jesus?: Exposing the Roots of Anti-Semitism in the Gospel Story of the Death of Jesus" by John Dominic Crossan

http://tinyurl.com/5rs433

And the bible also knew there'd be people like you along the way who chastized, as you're free to do....

It's been happening for centuries...

--------------------

Posts: 739 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not chastising at all. I am suggesting you familiarize yourself with the actual history of the time. I know it can feel threatening but truth is your friend. There is a tremendous amount of scholarly work on the actual history. Its absolutely undisputed history, it's fact. The books I've cited are by well known scholars. Try reading even one of them.

Good luck.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look at all the healing and miracles that Jesus did in the Bible, you will find one consistency...He healed for faith, and not convenience.

When he changed the water into wine at the wedding, it wasn't because they ran out and He couldn't get to Bevmo. It was because his mother, Mary, was ready for the world to know that her son was the Messiah. She had gone through a lot of judgment getting pregnant before she was married, and she wanted to be vindicated.

Jesus told her it wasn't His time, but he did the miracle as a loving gesture to ease her heart, and renew her faith.

Sometimes healing comes in time, and God will lead us through a journey that will change our character. My daughter is just coming to this realization, and is able to rest, and wait. She asks God every day what He wants her to learn.

She has matured beyond most kids her age because she is willing to endure the process.

I still hold on that she will be healed. And, I think finding a doctor to treat her was a gift from God.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

quote:
Originally posted by evergreen:
Interesting topic but could it pls be moved over to "General Support" or another forum?

I do not believe this belongs on a Medical Board...and no, pls don't tell me to SOB..there are MANY that do not agree or share the same beliefs and I can tell this is already becoming a "heated" topic...so I have written to the moderator to switch this over to another board. Thx!!

Understand your point but no one forced you to open the thread, or read the posts.... its not becoming heated.

The same goes for those who came in the thread and said in so many words:

"God is just a made up thing"

No one makes them read this or believe it.

--------------------

evergreen
Unregistered

clint I think you've missed the point....this is a Medical Board, thx!!
Dawnee
Unregistered

I don't think this thread should be moved. Because God is the Great Physician. And this thread has something to do with someone being HEALED. We don't ask that other people move their thread to General Discussion when they talk about ways of making themself better that doesn't involve abx and herbs....

I think those who took this thread and used it to bash my Lord and Savior should be ashamed.

It's fine for you to have your own beliefs, but to say the things you are saying on this particular thread is uncalled for.

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

From a Washington Post Review of Bart Ehrman's Misquoting Jesus:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/04/AR2006030401369.html

"Ehrman's latest book, "Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why," has become one of the unlikeliest bestsellers of the year. A slender book of textual criticism, currently at No. 16 on the New York Times bestseller list, it casts doubt on any number of New Testament episodes that most Christians take as, well, gospel.

Example: A crowd readies itself to stone an adulterous woman to death. Jesus leans down, doodles in the dust. Says, let the one without sin cast the first stone. The crowd melts away. It's one of the most famous stories in the Bible.

And it's most likely fiction, says Ehrman, seconding other scholars who say scribes added the episode to the biblical canon centuries after the life of Christ."

"On a recent afternoon, Ehrman, 50, pulls off his fedora at the front of an auditorium. Some 350 students are filing in for Religion 22, one of the most popular classes on campus.

His text for today is the Gospel of John.

Thought to be the last written of the four Gospels that form the narrative of Christ's life, death and resurrection, it forms a cornerstone of the Christian faith. The problem is that it is distinctly different from the other three Gospels.

Ehrman looks the professorial part -- a not-too-tall man with a receding hairline, dressed in casual slacks and sport coat over a sweater. His shoes are scuffed. He is energetic and possessed of a gregarious personality that endears him to the student body. (He holds informal office hours on Wednesday nights in a local bar/restaurant.)

But as he paces back and forth across the stage, Ehrman ruthlessly pounces on the anomalies -- in this Gospel, Jesus isn't born in Bethlehem, he doesn't tell any parables, he never casts out a demon, there's no last supper. "None of that is found in John!" The crucifixion stories are different -- in Mark, Jesus is terrified on the cross; in John, he's perfectly composed. Key dates are different. The resurrection stories are different. Ehrman reels them off, rapid-fire, shell bursts against the bulwark of tradition.

"In Matthew, Mark and Luke, you find no trace of Jesus being divine," he says, his voice urgent. "In John, you do." He points out that in the other three books, it takes the disciples nearly half of Christ's ministry to learn who he is. John says no, no, everyone knew it from the beginning. "You shouldn't think something just because you believe it. You need reasons."

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why can't we believe all accounts, even if they do contradict each other? That is a "mystery of faith." Why do some people believe Jesus was 100% human and 100% divine at the same time? That is theoretically impossible (200%?), but to people who believe, He is both.

If 4 people from Lymechat witnessed something, we would all describe it differently. Maybe one of us would get really "Lymey" and a friend who heard us talking about it would help us finish our side of the story.

My point is that to some people, things can be simultaneously many things at once that seemingly contradict. If you look at the world around you, even in nature, there are contradictions that logic doesn't explain.

This thread has definitely gone off topic, but that is my two-cents. The bible does contradict itself, no doubt. But people who love the Bible and see it as the Word of God will still believe it is. No one really reads the Bible for a history lesson.

[ 09. August 2008, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Hoosiers51 ]

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear moderater...

please do not remove this thread...
I personaly have found it very helpful and interesting...

we all beleive in different things...

I personaly feel that my faith is a part of my healing....
everyone has their own ways of healing with treatments...supplements...herbs...exercise..etc.

I'm not sure why you would take this off....
that to me is very disturbing.....

for everyone who has shared there stories I apprectiate it....

we all look for help in someway...we all want to get better...
Why would you take something away that is helping people...
whats the big deal...

I thank God everyday for LymeNet....
...it has helped me in so many ways....

[Smile] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

I spent a lot of time writing my original post, and I would be disappointed if this thread were ruined, and thus deleted by petty bickering over who is "right." We're here to get well, not to "be right."

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is pretty relevant!
[Smile]
http://www.godtube.com/view_video?viewkey=089200f892e2c0d7cf2c

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

I've tried to turn your attention to very reputable scholarly works. These are essentially good science--good history. It is very meaningful, enlightening, even refreshing, to really understand how Christianity evolved. To understand how Greek culture influenced Hebraic/Jewish culture, for instance, and the different sects at the time around which Jesus was born. Elaine Pagels and Geza Vermes are also great sources. Geza Vermes actually reads Aramaic (the original texts).

These are superb scholars. Before you decide what you think is true, or choose your belief, it is good to know what it is based on.

As the old saying goes, the truth will set you free.

For instance, if we believed spirochetes were fuzzy blue balls and that cough medicine would kill them, it wouldn't help us much. Because both of those beliefs would be false. They might comfort, but they wouldn't help.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oxygenbabe:
[QB]

As the old saying goes, the truth will set you free.

It's more than "an old saying":

John 8:32
"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

John 8:31-33 [in context]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoneDove
Member # 16516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoneDove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Mike...it'd be a shame for post to go byebye.

just in case how do we save a thread?

[Wink]

Posts: 78 | From SW | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Tutu, did you know there was no John, Mark, Matthew or Luke? There were anonymous writers, setting down stories/legends they'd heard, after Jesus died, giving their own interpretation (which is why there are so many contradictions between/among the stories). After, we gave those anonymous writings "names" so we could more easily identify them. Of course, somebody wrote each one, but who, we'll never know. But they weren't John, Mark, Matthew or Luke.

Did you know that the word Christ comes from Christos in Greek which is the translation of Messiah in Hebrew which means "anointed one"? Not son of God, more like a holy man, simply, an anointed one. There was a tradition in Judaism that two anointed ones, ie "messiahs" (not in the sense of the Messiah as we think of it today) would appear, one potential king from the line of King David, and one potential priest from the line of Aaron.

Interestingly, it was Paul who began to append Christ to Jesus' name, but it was still perceived back then as, translating it, "Jesus the anointed one." At some point much later, in the 17th century!, Christ was capitalized and sort of "became" Jesus' name (Jesus Christ).

These are just some fascinating facts I've learned recently as I've been researching all this. And here is a recent article in Time Magazine about a stone recently discovered, like a "Dead Sea Scroll" on stone.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1820685,00.html

This shows that there may have been a Hebrew tradition or "lore" of an anointed one rising after 3 days--which might explain what I consider the "legend" that arose after Jesus was crucified.

Anyway, time to go to bed!

heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i, for one, appreciate your links oxygenbabe. i think ancient history and how it ties to current faith and myth is fascinating.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rachellemarie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rachellemarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know someone personally who was CURED of HIV/AIDS. He was in his last days, I'm assuming only had weeks to live and God healed him instantly. He is alive and well today!

Anything is possible!

Posts: 215 | From Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

There are interesting cases of spontaneous remission and what we might call miracles throughout history. For instance John of God claims entities and doctors come through him to heal people. Many are not healed, some are. Mehmet Oz (Dr.) speculated that perhaps an innate healing response is being stimulated in those who heal, that we should give more respect to and study.

I don't know what 'God' is. Who does? Is it another word for the all that is? The universe is a mystery. It's here, it's vast, there are billions and billions of stars as Carl Sagan said. Life emerged, here, and maybe other places that we don't know about. There are various religions and many have disappeared and some have thrived. The three monotheisms are Christianity, Judaism and Islam. In the latter two Jesus is a prophet, in the former, he becomes the "Son of God" whatever that means (They are words but don't make a lot of sense to me).

I personally spoke with a woman who had terrible rheumatoid arthritis and it took her 3 days to drive 9 hours to Sandra Ingerman's healing circle in Santa Fe because she was in so much pain she had to drive so slowly and keep stopping along the way. She was lowered onto a mat (so painful) and the group went outside to tone for her as a group and to emanate healing. She says she "went somewhere else" ie doesn't really remember, but when she "returned" to her body she believed she was dead as she had no more pain. She got up. After that the only drug she needed was an occasional tylenol. This I confirmed with her longtime nurse practitioner.

Many mysteries abound, but before we claim to know what they consist of, I think we just need to respect the mystery. Because the mystery is not logical, nor are the cures reliable.

SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope this thread isn't deleted or moved...so interesting! Mike, after reading yours I'm convinced your brain is lyme-free! You are a too much of a deep thinker to have any impairment there. (I am so not there yet).

Oxygenbabe,

I love history too...I was raised Catholic and am still a believer, but I do not interpret the bible literally. (I think that's when people in this world get into lots of trouble and twist its words into intolerance.)

I respect all religions and those who do not believe in God. I also think God will accept all good people into heaven. (Non-believers too, whether you want to come or not!)

Jeanne

Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciate everyone's experiences here and find them interesting... however, I'm not sure this topic belongs here. Many of us are trying to find a real, reproducible cure for lyme and associated infections utilizing science (New science, yes. Different science, yes. However, the scientific method should hold true), all while refuting the belief that we are crazy, misinformed, illogical, or simply not sick at all. Every time someone produces a faith-based assertion, or even suggests that their "alternative" treatment doesn't have to hold up to the same scrutiny as "conventional" treatment, it sets us back a notch.

If someone has been healed miraculously (Some may attribute this to a supreme being, others may surmise it a spontaneous remission due to an as of yet unknown cause) that is fantastic! However, since it is not reproducible or able to be tested scientifically, I don't feel it belongs as part of medical questions.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoping to be able to read some of this thread later. That skill is not in use right now.

ONly able to go by the title.

Able to attend church today. Not able to take in a lot of what was being said.

But, did catch the concept that a guy with CP, the speaker, came down with some rare muscle thing....not able to get out of bed, used wheel chair to get around...medical field not able to help, etc.

Happened when he was in 8th grade.

More part of the dead than living for years.

He walked up on the stage today. He has been speaking for the past 8 years...motivational speaker.

He still has CP.

He was able to attend college and get his counseling degree.

His message was not to close the doors on the possibility of your health improving and there being more to life than what you are living now.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blackstone - You have hit a nerve and I must respond...and what exactly is your belief? That a scientist put you together? Hmmmm..food for thought.

Real cure and that means eradication, will never come from medicine or scientist, "scientist' already admit they can't eradicate Lyme.

This absoluely belongs here, it is about healing and MANY people with Lyme are Christians and believers in God and it gives us great hope.

I've always wondered what non-believers do in these circumstances...rely on Md's? Sad, as I said before they can't cure the common cold, they can write an Rx but they can't "cure" anything, only God does that my friend, the one who created all life including yours.

Rights of all must be respected here, that includes the "poster" of this thread and all the Christians here, there are many.

If you are not interested in a thread, simply move on to something that does interest you.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

"Real cure and that means eradication, will never come from medicine or scientist, "scientist' already admit they can't eradicate Lyme."

Well now, that's not true. We haven't gotten it yet but there's no reason scientific research, if scientists actually apply themselves to the problem and recognize it for what it is, can't find a cure for lyme.

Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymebytes:
Blackstone - You have hit a nerve and I must respond...and what exactly is your belief? That a scientist put you together? Hmmmm..food for thought.

Real cure and that means eradication, will never come from medicine or scientist, "scientist' already admit they can't eradicate Lyme.

This absoluely belongs here, it is about healing and MANY people with Lyme are Christians and believers in God and it gives us great hope.

I've always wondered what non-believers do in these circumstances...rely on Md's? Sad, as I said before they can't cure the common cold, they can write an Rx but they can't "cure" anything, only God does that my friend, the one who created all life including yours.

Rights of all must be respected here, that includes the "poster" of this thread and all the Christians here, there are many.

If you are not interested in a thread, simply move on to something that does interest you.

Please note that I didn't say this discussion was invalid, just that it may not belong here in the midst of a discussion on medical questions.

That said, I was "put together" the same way as you, by the combination and transcription of DNA, offered by my parents. Lots of little A's and T's, G's and C's replicating [Big Grin]

I think your comment overlooks many of the scientists and doctors, some even on this board like myself, who are trying to find a cure for Lyme. There was a point in time when people said there would be no cure for the bubonic plague, but thanks to the efforts of scientists being afflicted with plague today is a trip to the ER for the proper antibiotics, not a death sentence. I seem to recall a period in history when faith was seen as the primary remedy for bubonic plague. I don't recall it working so very well.

Just because we don't have a single cure yet for all circumstances (there are people who have been cured of lyme, where cured means "Has more than 95% of their life back and no relapses over a 10 year period or greater. Every case is different), doesn't mean we're not working on one.

Its just plain incorrect to say scientists can't cure anything - A mild ear infection cured by penicillin is, in development, preparation, and application, the work of scientists.

Religion and philosophy are paths towards understanding the "Why", but the "How" is the domain of science.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oxygenbabe....

I believe what you're saying. I just want to let you know that I "get it." I took a theology class once taught by a Catholic priest, and he was explaining to us about how if you look at pagan mythological "characters" and customs in the first couple centuries after Christ's death, there are a lot of parallels to Christianity.

The Christians at this time were trying to spread their faith, and adapted Christian stories and customs to the pagan's religion, trying to draw parallels. Thus, what we read in the bible may even be Christianity's attempt to mold together different stories passed down from both cultures to adapt their religion to others, so they would understand it and believe it too. Maybe the notion of a virgin birth was a story before Christ, who knows.

I actually took more than one theology class when I was at Notre Dame. It's true, scholars believe there were multiple authors of the books of the bible. Most of the things you are saying are true. I believe the crucifixion took place..... you may not believe everything surrounding it, but denying that Jesus was crucified seems like a stretch! [Wink]

I feel like you were suggesting that if people who believed all the things in the Bible were more educated and open-minded, they wouldn't believe everything they hear. I just think the point you are missing is that even when people like me understand WHERE these ideas come from, it doesn't really diminish our faith.

When I learned the the authors of the gospels were more than 4 people, it didn't really burst my bubble, so to speak, because I still believe in the message.

What I would like to say, however, is that we are trying to fuse history/science and religion in the same discussion.....but they are fundamentally different topics. You can try to compare them, and it is interesting, but they can't be "fused." If they were fused into one discussion, religion wouldn't be religion anymore, it would be science.

I'm glad this hasn't gotten ugly yet, because it shows how civilized and open-minded Lymenet users are.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am confused at the message if it has been written and rewritten by different people??

I have always said I believe Jesus was crucified.... I believe he was a healer and that was taboo than. Was he the son of God??? I dont know... WHo REALLY is God??? Is it the Universe, What and WHO is it???

I believe religion is there to scare people and I do not like that. I am not knocking ANYONE"S religion this is just my personal opinion on different types of religion...from personal experience with "friends" scaring me into thinking that because me and my fiance were not married before moving in with each other and having a baby.. I was sure going to hell and being punished by getting sick.

I am sorry but to tell me I am going to hell because I dont go to Church every sunday, Pray, swear, and had a child with the man I love, is not something that appeals to me.

I do believe in God.. whoever that is... I do believe in Jesus,.. But I do not believe everything written in the Bible... Man likes to manipulate things.

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Hoosiers, faith is the choice of the individual. Your post shows that you were curious and open.

I never questioned there is a historical Jesus. I want to know the man. Obviously he was quite a remarkable man and a towering historical figure. I like to try to listen to his voice as it comes to me, as if through the Venetian Blinds of re-written history and myth. Of course he was crucified--that was a unique form of awful torture devised at that time.

Faith, if you can feel it, can certainly help you through life. There is no doubt about that.

AmyPW8
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmyPW8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this thread! [Smile]

--------------------
Amy

Diagnosed April 29, 2007.

Posts: 136 | From Joplin, MO | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree, this is a fascinating thread, even though it may not belong in 'medical questions.' [Smile]

i believe jesus was a great, phenomenal healer, a prophet, but one of many throughout history. was he 'the son of god?' i don't think so, not any more than the rest of us; and i believe christianity, like every other major religion, is based largely on historical myth that has been translated innumerable times and passed down over thousands of years. but that is my opinion only, and i don't claim to know the answers.

faith is a beautiful, vital thing, especially during times of struggle and duress. but i think it's important to acknowledge that your particular faith is not the only one, and there's absolutely no way for you to know that your religion is "right" and everyone else on the planet is wrong, deluded, and going straight to hell. (despite the crusades and widespread christian proselytizing, the majority of people in this world are not christians.)

i'm with shandy: i'm unlikely to join up with a religion whose fundamentalists believe that no matter the good i might do in my lifetime, i'm still going to hell because i'm a lesbian. it's completely ridiculous, really, and i would laugh at it all were it not for the very real fact that this belief is imbedded into our legal system, prevents LGBT folks from accessing many of the rights guaranteed to our hetero brothers and sisters, and results in untold numbers of murders and hate crimes every year.

i will not embrace a god that doesn't embrace me.

all that said, i absolutely believe in faith healing, in miracles, in events we can't logically/rationally explain using our intellects and available five senses only. i believe in something larger than myself: call it god, goddess, nature, the universe, magic, whatever. but i think It's out there, in the stars, in every mundane tree we pass, in everything we do, and in each one of us.

--------------------

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by UnexpectedIlls:
Wow this is an intense topic....

everyone is going to have their own opinion and their own belief, I guess we cant knock someone for belieing what they believe in.

Each person's karma is unique. The mind of faith, however it is reached, is indeed very powerful, and can affect this karma! Life is so special!
DS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Hewilove

You said that brilliantly!! I TOTALLY understand your point because 90% of my friends are gay (gosh I HATE that word) and I also have several family member that are as well. I love them to pieces and would NEVER belive that our "god" would ever persecute anyone for their sexual orientation...

I also believe that you cannot put a label on love...I dont agree with labels.. Your a woman who loves another woman, Like I am a woman who happened to have fallen in love with a man.

I think it's important to have this type of discussion as long as it doent get too heated. I think we all have to respect each others beliefs.... even if we DON'T believe in the same.

--------------------

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Intimacy with God ~ having a daily, conversational experience with Him is completely foreign when we try to look at scriptures from mental assent.

We cannot even come to God except by faith. I've known more than one person who has said, ``God, if you're real, show me.'' And He does. All those who refute the Bible and pick it apart are doing so with their natural minds.

Scripture says, ``The natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him, neither can he know then, because they are spiritually discerned.''

The Bible doesn't contain God, it reveals who He is, His character, His love for us, His plans and destiny for each individual. His love for us and His desire of intimacy is so profound and beyond anything we can imagine, yet accessible to those who want it with their whole heart.

There will always be those Christians who are dogmatic and use Scripture as a hammer. But, Scripture itself says, ``It's His kindness that leads us to repentance.'' (Repent means to turn around, to change a way of thinking.)

My own experience has been an awesome walk of faith. He is there in the good times and He is especially close and comforting in the bad times. I'm not better than anyone else, just forgiven.

I know it looks like foolishness to the non-believer. It is supposed to. God said he chose the foolish things of the world to confound the wise and He has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.

The Holy Spirit is who makes the Bible a living book. He alone can administer, release and declare the words from the Father into the life of the believer.

Without the Holy Spirit, the Bible cuts, kills and destroys. Wars have been fought over phrases in the Bible that men made into doctrines. They were using the Word illegally apart from the Holy Spirit's breath.

Without an encounter with God, Bible believers only become more religious. This is what the world sees too much of in the church. It was the same way in Jesus' day with the Pharisees.

Many have had a bad experience with the church. They are told to come, they are told we love you as you are and then they become a Christian and are told they must change. The love of God
is what changes us. Not some person telling us we have to give up this sin or that sin. That is legalism.

I gladly set aside the things that harm me when I experience a relationship with Him. And his conviction is so gentle and sweet, I can't resist laying those things down.

Intimacy with the Creator of the Universe and the Creator of mankind is an experience like none other.

That's the God I know! [Smile]

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

It is my opinion, that language serves as a gateway of the mind, to understanding the spirit as a concept. Here are the words I have chosen to further my opinion on this discussion.

If the concept of spirit, which is the identification that the individual is one with the environment (yet seemingly separated via their own form and body), and the environment is one with the planet, and the planet one with the solar system, galaxy, universe, and all that is seen and unseen (Or, as people sometimes say, the Alpha and the Omega, God), then it becomes acutely obvious -- even to the scientist, that a higher power is at work manifesting in the natural world. Does that power effect change the way any particular religion states? Is it God, as the closed concept people form in their minds? If you've attributed a label, which doesn't suit you, to a particular process, change it if it will help you better understand it.

It is clear a higher power is at work, in the natural world, which effectively dictates the laws, nature of evolution and change, and the creative concepts that instigate the seemingly infinite changes that form can present.

The natural world, and it's living entities are formed by a process of 'puzzle'. A cell divides only when it has passed through G0 phase, to G1, through Telephase, Anaphase, Metaphase and onward. Something will only do something, if something previously....led to the next step. This is the way our world works.

When it comes to conveying this awareness of being aware, the mind of the individual can only grasp that which has been introduced by the idea previously integrated. The "self" or "You" can't even completely grasp onto your own ideas, given the mind contains both the conscious and unconscious process of integrating stimuli that has been received and processed.

So you, never really completely know, yourself, or what is at any particular moment entirely compatible with what you consider your own best interest.

And so, when you look up at the stars at night, you are seeing yourself. Do you "know" you're seeing yourself, do you realize when you look around you, and talk to other people, that independent of your identity (which is merely a collaboration of ideas inside that you have arbitrarily defined as "you), that you're actually existing in relationship to all that is already you.

If God is all, and all is God, then we are, that which is God. If the Universe is all, and all is the universe, then we are, that which is the universe. Our limited perspective is the only thing which separates us from knowing the bigger picture.

Anyone who is self-aware and able to reflect and think about that, can see the obvious. We are but one form, existing as apart of a whole, though seemingly separate, hanging around in our own minds and bodies. We are like a leaf from a tree, attached to each other. When our time comes, we shall die, our lifeless bodies fall to the ground after changing colors, we decompose, and the roots of that very tree, reabsorb what remains, and gives rise again, to another.

--------------------

UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

PLease watch this.. THIS is AMAZING!! Young girl given the gift of painting... simply beautiful paintings, and great story!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZSGK5lvYMY

--------------------

Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now...I deleted this post because Keebler told me to. That I had hurt people and more - Keebler says:

thanks for so promptly removing the statements on p. 2 of that thread.

"The "apology" is still a veiled judgement and I believe some could find it still insulting.

At this stage of human awareness, it's not so much as hurting someone's feeling as a direct insult.

LymeNet is for everyone who may have tick-borne disease. By receiving funding as a non-profit with a 501(c)(3) status, any insult or discrimination to a group of people can put LymeNet at risk and then it would not be here for anyone.

I am still not comfortable with some of the phrasing in your "apology" as it makes it quiet clear that you see those who are gay as sinners. And, according to LymeNet rules and the rules for non-profit funding, this is no allowed.

Still, I'll just leave it at that. thanks, again, for attending to the part I had asked about."

This was a PM to me. I regret deleting my post because the following post puts me in a bad light. It makes it sound like I said something bad about people who are gay. - I didn't!

I thought a someone had misplaced judgement on Gays and I was simply saying we are all sinners to "level the field" - that's all!
I LOVE GAYS !!!!!
I LOVE ALL PEOPLE !!!!!!

I'm sorry I did not communicate this well to all people - but I resent Keebler's accusation that my apology has a "veiled judgement"!!!
THAT is NOT true!!!

Keebler - please do not PM me any more. YOU have REALLY hurt my feelings!!!

Peedie

Best of Health and
Blessings to you all,
Peedie

[ 12. August 2008, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Peedie ]

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

see, that's the thing, peedie. being gay is not a 'sin.' how can consensual love be a sin? my lesbianism is no more a 'sin' than my red hair or my blue eyes or my love of music. it is part of me, it is part of what makes me, me. the notion that i need to be 'forgiven' for loving women is just.. offensive and hurtful and abhorrent.

also, lifelong homosexual bonds abound in nature, and have since the beginning of recorded history.

metallic blue, i really enjoy your posts. thanks for the food for thought. [Smile]

--------------------

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

quote:

metallic blue, i really enjoy your posts. thanks for the food for thought. [Smile]

Thanks, sorry it came out some jumbled.

--------------------

doc
Member # 14471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW , VERY DEEP !!! , First please dont delete this thread .

We all have strong opinions on this subject and thats ok. We all have diferent experinces in life that drive our belifes. Thats ok also. I personaly accepted GOD as my savior fairly recently and have many positive things happening in my life.

We have all heard that GOD works in misterious ways. Some he heals , Some suffer ,ours is not to know why. Its his will . Whats IMPORTANT for ALL is to talk to GOD and ask for his guidance. If its Heartfelt he will surely help us with our struggles in this life.

Keep the faith, GOD loves us ALL. Doc

Posts: 95 | From nys | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doc
Member # 14471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O , Karatelady (sandy) great post. Doc
Posts: 95 | From nys | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

I have to agree with Heiwalov

Being Gay is not a sin, or it would never have happened in the first place. People were gay in the same time Jesus was here... its been here since the beginning of time.

How could loving someone be a sin??... That makes no sense and if God loves, he loves us ALL just the way we are...Gay, straight, bi, anyway,..... because we were all made in his image (says it in the "bible")

Didnt he already die on the cross for all of our sins... Then why do we consistently need to repent? I mean it doesnt give us the right to do bad things...I know I am a good person and I am sure God knows that as well.

I really don't like that people call being Gay a sin.. that is ludicrous... it is wrong... They are just as human as any "straight" person with arms, legs, and a heart to love. For us to even have to seperate "Us"(straight) from "them" (gay) is so ridiculous to me.. why dont we just go back to the days where we segragated the whites from the blacks... We found out real quick that wasnt the way...

and its a damn SHAME that it took this long for gay couples to be given the same rights as straights to be married... No one should have to fight for love... It's sad that to this day we still have to fight for gays to have equal rights... just like the women had to, just like blacks had to...

I hope my use of the word "blacks" does not offend.. its not the way I mean it.. Just trying to make a point.

I feel that putting fear into someone is not a good way to live.... I believe in God (whoever that is) and I believe Jesus was a healer... I believe he was a prophet... How could we live in this world and NOT believe in a higher power..

I am not a "religious" person... I wasnt brought up that way, but I was brought up knowing that there was something bigger out there. I went to church a couple of times and I learned real fast taht it was not for me. I dont need to tell all my sins to a man I dont know.. when I can talk to God myself right at home.

--------------------

Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

I'm sorry if I offended people here who are in a gay relationship. Please accept my apology.

I was simply stating a fact as it is written in the bible. You can accept it - or reject it.

So many rules to live by in the bible - like we should not "judge" people.

The point I was trying to make was to simply "level the field". That is to say as a Christian, I (for example) am no better than you - or the next person. Again, we are all sinners. Humbling isn't it.

We are all in this world together. I really hate it when People "target" a particular sin because we are all sinners. (also in the bible)

The point is - there is no point. Do not focus on these things. He is a loving God. He wants us to love one another.

I don't wish to express the love of God in such a way that people can interpret my words to mean otherwise. I told you earlier - I have no talent for this. [Smile]

So I will sign off from this thread and remind you that God loves you unconditionally.

I continue to pray for the health for all who post here. Because that is the best I can do - the only way possible to help us all.

I love you too,
Peedie

UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Peedie.. Dont sign off from the thread... I was simply stating my thoughts on Gay relationships..not meant to hurt you in anyway. Your belief is important to you just as mine is to me...

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Personal beliefs are one thing. Still, we must be fair. We must be as careful with language as with intent to be sure fairness prevails.

Actually, in all fairness, sexual orientation is not open for discussion or judgement. It is what it is. Such distinction really does not belong here as anyone can get tick-borne disease - people of any race, religion, political or sexual orientation.

We are all the same to a tick.

We must be careful as we use language to be sure to avoid insults rising from a "personal belief" - phrased in a way to be unfair or to put others down.

As a non-profit that receives funds under 501(c)(3) status, statements that insult anyone, or any group of people, are against charter rules.

We need LymeNet for everyone.

-

[ 12. August 2008, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by doc:
O , Karatelady (sandy) great post. Doc

Ditto! .. and Lymebytes too!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peedie, don't worry about it. You didn't do a thing wrong. Don't worry about PMs either.

Last I heard, we were all entitled to our own opinions.

Sandy, you DO rock!

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement