LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » WOW!!!! positive stuff

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WOW!!!! positive stuff
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As my bacterial infection winds down (infected over 35 years, dx'd 6 years ago, treated 6 yrs)

I have a nasty fungal...systemic problem...but here's the good thing.

I got back in the gym 7 weeks ago.....I weighed 147lbs at 6 ft 1 in tall.....pretty thin.

After pumping iron and then taking 2 days off inbetween sessions...I have GAINED 18lbs. [Wink]

My kids say I look like a 16 year old stud...lol.

Now...consider this.....almost 7 years ago I was temporarily paralyzed from morning paralysis....had TREMEDOUS Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, mini-convulsions, hallucinations, short-term memory loss, and on and on.....

Not to mention the two MD's that said it was either allergies or ALS or psycho-sematic....to them I said Bull****!!!!!!

Ladies and gentleman....take the bull by the horns and DESTROY this disease...you CAN do it.

I was at the END of a frayed rope....and lived.

You can too......

Trout [Wink]

--------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kent,

so glad you updated us on how you are doing, etc. GOOD FOR YOU !!! [group hug] [kiss]

glad you gave your pep talk to us all; we can do it in spite of many obstacles to overcome. take care; stop again sometime!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you are my hero :-)

Thanks for the postive post.

I need to gain some weight myself, think I need to head to the gym.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KauaiGoddess
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KauaiGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha!

so good to hear!!! Thanks so much for the encouragement!!!!

16 year old stud! hahah ...nice!!

I am finally gaining weight again after two years! I feel it's a really good sign!

I feel so much healthier- with these extra pounds!! smiles!

Thanks again!

Love & Light!

Fawne

--------------------
Energy flows where attention goes~

Posts: 302 | From Kauai | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! That's such an inspiration.

If it's not too much trouble, could you give us a rough summary of what your therapy was?

Thank you.

Patti

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Success Stories!!!! I love them!!!!

Go Troutscout! Look out ladies!

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! It's so kind of you to return to us with such fantastic news!

SO happy for you.

This is the kind of post that keeps all of us motivated.

You're a total Rock Star.

Fondly,

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Windmill
Member # 15404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Windmill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that is so inspiring thank you so much:)
its amazing how much of a difference if makes to ur day to hear of someone doing so well!
just shows all the hard work does pay off:)

Posts: 45 | From PA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you post a picture?

I have to admit that a picture of a 16 year old stud would be awfully encouraging to me. [Big Grin]

So glad to read your success and determination.

Keep the light shining for those of us still in the darkness. [Smile]

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[woohoo] WAY TO GO TROUTSCOUT!!! [woohoo]

I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well. [Big Grin]

For the fungal thingy, have you tried massive garlic? It might help some.

[group hug]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for your post

as a chronic lyme patient who has been ill her entire life (over 40 years), seeing a post like yours is a ray of sunshine

maybe their is hope for me yet

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Geneal:
Could you post a picture?

I have to admit that a picture of a 16 year old stud would be awfully encouraging to me. [Big Grin]

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Great news trout!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was your treatment???

What was your treatment??? [confused]

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeherx, did you have a question?

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question X6
Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sojourner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luv that kind of post....Way to go! [spinning smile]
Posts: 554 | From Naples, Italy | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is wonderful news.....I'm so happy for you...Congrats on the incredible progress you've made!
Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats comrade!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WoooHOOOO!! Now to get you over that fungal stuff!! Any progress there, yet??

I can attest to the fact that Trout uses massive amounts of garlic!! [Eek!] [Razz]

I'm so glad the weight lifting has put some meat on those bones! That's awesome!

Onward, forward! The changes in your life over the past year have been profound!! Thanks for sharing with the group!
[hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go TROUT!!!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo Studmuffin! [Big Grin] Way to go

This is your quote from the Success Story thread:

Boy do I want to be on this post
Still treating since March 2001 now Sept 2006 still fighting.
Iam getting tired wont be back here until cured.
When?God Knows

1) Congrats!!

2) Enter info here::
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=015820

3) Enjoy the positivity all around [Big Grin]

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Only thing I got from treatment was an abien habit, MCS/ vertigo and the inability to be off biaxin for longer then a couple of months!
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, what great news!! I was having a really crappy day, but it was really nice to hear some good news!!

Thanks!
Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Im still optomistic though. Our bodies do and will change.
quote:
Originally posted by lymeHerx001:
Only thing I got from treatment was an abien habit, MCS/ vertigo and the inability to be off biaxin for longer then a couple of months!

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kent and their 2 girls all have lyme.

wife doesn't but is now better after treating her breast cancer.

if you click on trout's PROFILE; 1st box; then look for current posts, you might be able to find where their girls were going to a softball champtionship game in TENN?? last aug??

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
betty .. Track meet, not softball.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear from you Kent (trout scout)

I flash back to when I first signed on to lymenet and you were so helpful.

Thinking that was in 2003.

2008 now...who would have thunk it.

Trying to find someway to make this rythme (sp?) with hunk and troutscout and thunk it but can't seem to find it.

Perhaps bettyg could help me out.

Congratulations and hope all continues to go well.

Geneal...LOL

TuTu..if I ever get to meet Kent in person I'll heed your warning and stay down wind from him and the garlic. [Smile]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

[Big Grin] He's gonna hit me next time I see him!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys....yes life will change...not for al of us....but, if we don't try...and earnestly beleive in a good turn around...then we will only go down in defeat.

Treatments? Done a ton of 'em...I always went with my instinct...let my body tell me what was best.

Even went against my venerable LLMD a couple of times....tried rife...still doing it...tried herbs....still doing it.

I herxed on EVERYTHING!!!!! EVERY TIEM I Took it!

So....I knew my infection was beyond Lyme...Bartonella was the magic button.

I'll post my article that I'm writing on here some day...its a three part magazine article written anonymously....so I can divulge what my wifes family tried to do our happy family of four. It will be a blood and guts accounting of the horrors of this illness..I want to make people nauseous at the thought of what others can and WILL do to you when you are struck with a mysterious illness.

God Bless You All.....

Trout;)

--------------------
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

tutu; i stand corrected .... track! softball is HUGE in iowa ... so my lyme mind didn't remember!! thanks for catching my error [Smile]

quoting kam,

Trying to find someway to make this rythme (sp?) with hunk and troutscout and thunk it but can't seem to find it.

Perhaps bettyg could help me out.,,,,

kam, here goes nothing!!

There was once a guy named Kent aka trout
and boy was he a scout!
He was also quite a HUNK
but, golly gee, who would have THUNK?
and now all the ladies agree...that's NO BUNK!
OR maybe that means he'll have to go back to living like a MONK!

an original by Betty G

Trout/Kent, please post your link here in SUCCESS STORIES IN "SUPPORT" .... everyone needs encouragement; and reading everyone's stories there will PROVIDE that to us all! [group hug] [kiss]

suki444
Unregistered

Hi Trout
I recognise your name from yrs ago and have read many of your posts...good to hear you are making great progress!

I wanted to ask - did you have Babs and if so, what treatment did you take?

I'm in treatment 5 yrs and struggling with this,

thanks for any info
Emma

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trout, WAY to go!!!!!!! Keep at it. hugs lmt
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawnee
Unregistered

Thanks SO VERY MUCH for the hope and inspiration!!!
Dawn

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Please do, I am anxious to find out.

I herx on alot of stuff too. Apparantlly this sounds like My LLMDs' approach. Keep taking stuff that will make you herx and years later you will be cured.

quote:
Originally posted by troutscout:
Thanks guys....yes life will change...not for al of us....but, if we don't try...and earnestly beleive in a good turn around...then we will only go down in defeat.

Treatments? Done a ton of 'em...I always went with my instinct...let my body tell me what was best.

Even went against my venerable LLMD a couple of times....tried rife...still doing it...tried herbs....still doing it.

I herxed on EVERYTHING!!!!! EVERY TIEM I Took it!

So....I knew my infection was beyond Lyme...Bartonella was the magic button.

I'll post my article that I'm writing on here some day...its a three part magazine article written anonymously....so I can divulge what my wifes family tried to do our happy family of four. It will be a blood and guts accounting of the horrors of this illness..I want to make people nauseous at the thought of what others can and WILL do to you when you are struck with a mysterious illness.

God Bless You All.....

Trout;) [/QB]

troutscout
Member # 3121

Suki,

yes on the babs thing.....Mepron, malarone, artemisinin....tried many different times at different levels.

Can't tell you what really hit me.

Thanks to everyone else that keep posting...lymemomtoo, betty, etc....all great folks.

trout [Wink]

--------------------
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kent,

what NO comments about my HUNKY POEM TO YOU!! [lol] [Big Grin]

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats sir troutscout! So good to read a positive post!!

And lol @ Geneal requesting a pic of the new studmuffin!

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

So trout you confused your infection!
daise
Unregistered

Hey trout,

Way to go!

Good for you! [Razz]

Good times ahead! [Wink] In my opinion, the best Lyme articles, whether written to a legislator, for a publication, or written for we fellow Lymies is THE BLOOD AND GUTS KIND.

That's because it's real. There isn't anything polite about it. It speaks from the heart and soul. And it tells it like it is.

The real deal is honest--and it ain't pretty.

Are you familiar with PJ Langhoff's new books? It's All In Your Head (Book 1 and Book 2) has stories written by the patients themselves! Very effective.

You did it!

daise
[Smile]

daise
Unregistered

Trout,

I just read your PM. I would like to reply, but your mailbox is full.

daise [Smile]

JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea fish man, but you are still UGLY!!!! HA...just kidding...that is really good news. I too am working out...it helps keep me sane.

Bartonella heh? Did you test for Bart in the past?

I still have the extreme fatigue/brain fog things...long term Amox helps...perhaps I need to stay on for years...as soon as I stop, I go backwards again.

Have you had time to go fishing? The way we humans are going, neither wild nor farmed fish will be safe to eat!

I hope your Mrs. gets better!

Good to see your name again!

Peace, Love and Wellness,
JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 12 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll get the pic in here when I can...lol

JRW long time. Thought you had gone over the deep end for a while.

No test....just symptoms...herxed on everything....it just made sense...I am sure I've put my Lyme into remission....weight lifting really helping.

Hi NO2 sups..Vit d3....1200mg Alpha Lipoic Acid
L-Glutamine.....Multi Vitamin and Liver support

Betty G....keep up the prose....but don't quit your day job

Trout [Wink]

--------------------
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

bettyg
Unregistered

"dont quit your day job" .... oh golly miss molly! [lol] [Big Grin]
JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still on the edge Fishman, still on the edge...this brain stuff is really bad. I am glad you have found an answer!

JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Been looking for this!!! [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement