LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » BROWN SALIVA AND COUGH UP BLOOD LOOKS LIKE COFFEE SPECTS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BROWN SALIVA AND COUGH UP BLOOD LOOKS LIKE COFFEE SPECTS
Raymond
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone out there ever had the saliva from their mouth in the morning look dirty brown or when you cough did the sputum look like spects of coffee grounds. (Possible dried blood)

First I thought it was sleeing med I used lunesta, nope....

I have a feeling I know what's it is but speculation if of little value it's lie spinning your tires...

--------------------
Raymond
Leave the gun, take the cannolis

Posts: 214 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ramond,

I have never heard anyone mention that symptom here on lymenet.

It sounds dreadful and something you should tell a doctor about quickly.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i guess you know coffee ground stuff could be blood...usually it comes out the other end and is bleeding high up in gi tract

i don't know...could the saliva be really bad yeast?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karol
Member # 15831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend, I am no doctor but I am familiar with GI stuff and you have a bleeding ulcer in your stomach.

I would be dollars to dimes on it.

Get to your pcp quickly and next move on to a Gastroenterologist for a scope down the throat to see what is happening.

Do not let this go...............get on the phone with your doctor asap.

--------------------
Hope your having a great day!

Karol

Posts: 72 | From The arm pit of the world. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Raymond,

Sorry, but anything described as "coffee grounds" in appearance is definitely from an area that is bleeding.

Hope you can see a doc asap---a small GI bleed
can become a much larger bleed fairly quickly. I am not a doctor, just someone who wants to make sure you get looked at soon.

Good luck!

Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riverpatrol
Member # 12182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riverpatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was researching systemic yeast infection symptoms, I found that "brown mucus at the back of the throat" was a symptom - which I did have. I usually noticed it in the morning when I spit after brushing my teeth. I'm treating for yeast now, and haven't had it reoccur.
Posts: 69 | From So Cal | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raymond,

I've been worried about you....now I see that there is a reason for this.

The coffee ground like things in your spitting up is, as you know, not the best sign....esp. since your gastro complaints are some of your most troubling symptoms.

You need a scope Raymond. Go see the Doc. You know all of this though. I'm sorry you are experiencing this....please keep us postd.

Your concerned friend,
Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately these idiot docs in RI have no idea and they are such a holes that when I leave there office it's with a statement that they know I won't be back. I've been telling them for a long time and like most docs in RI they have optic rectitis..

They see fine they just talk through their *** .....

Saliva feels like from the mouth not the throat...Want a saliavry gland biopsy done oral surgeon told me mouth is prestine. Then he told me his symptoms which sounded like lyme to the tea.. Told him ah probably just a flu bug...One will pay for all....Lord forgie me that ain't right.

I had one "nurse practioner" tell me I looked like the kind of guy that gets migraines anyway? Told her to do the finger wave and see if she can figure out the other problmes are and with that walked out.

Tuesday I see LLMD, & 24 of July is MAYO. Hopefully LLMD can get ball rolling in other directions...

As feelfit knows there are many many symptoms I have aside from this which may or may not be lyme related (directly/indirectly) and hit me which may have to do with an immunesuppressant disease caused by lyme? Wish someone could tell me....and to bad there's not a clinic like MAYO for us lymees.

I also have to go get blood tested for agent orange for which some of my afflictions seem to be related. To what extent????

The list of my symptoms read better than a Stephen King novel, more like something from Tales of the Crypt.

I was telling feelfit how I worked out as she did 2 hours a day, kids on bike rides.. Nothing at 54 could have slowed me down..Like I told a friend of mine today up to 54 it was a good run. hehehe

I know the general tought on lymenet about the MAYO, but you know what gotta do what I gotta do and pray for Divine Intervention...

I did e mail the JEMSEK SPECIALITY CLINIC maybe they can arrange it someplace where I can be seen by a team of docs rather than one every three or four months then on top of that they rely on some idiot radiologist's opinion on a scan of which 3 said I had a mild lung disease and 3 said I didn't...Wonder if JEMSEK is close to Loyola?

Believe me it's a tough road with a tough decesion I wrestle with every day. Constant pain under sternum radiates to back, this morning from about 2:00 am felt like knife was in back took two tramadol easied it somewhat. Eyes red upon waking everymorning. Knew last night before I feel asleep it was coming.

Ahh just gotta believe MAYO is right choice or maybe JEMSEK can offer something positive.

If not I'll keep knocking on doors. Already e mailed ID Doc out at MAYO and gave him a little background on CD57, my bloods and I don't need the controversy and if that comes into play let me know now. We'll see if he responds.

Even E Mailed Doctor F about his clinic and got no response.. So it tells me us guinea pigs are stuck in the middle..

I'll keep on knocking on doors pray one will be the right one..for all of us.

Was able to attend daughters graduation from 6 to 7 (Jr High) last Monday. Breaks my heart and their's too.

Ah didn't mean for this to sound like a rant and rave session but God Bless you all for your comments..

[ 28. June 2008, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Raymond ]

--------------------
Raymond
Leave the gun, take the cannolis

Posts: 214 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement