LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » symptoms coming and going screw with your head

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: symptoms coming and going screw with your head
sans0002
Member # 16409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sans0002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geees just wondering if everyone here went crazy when their symptoms came and went

I was sick for the longest time (2 years straight) then a month ago most of my symptoms went away and then last week they started crepping back and then this week i'm good again (no change in diet or anything)

- just makes me think im nuts lol and second guessing any disease/condition that is wrong with me but i heard that the coming and going and even thinking ur crazy b/c of it is normal????

i just actually sent off my Igenex testing kit for the IgG and IgM Western blot off yesterday and they said they received it today so just two weeks until maybe an answer - so we'll see but just confused in the mean time

-matt

--------------------

Igenex IgM Positive: 18 +, 31 +++, 39 IND, 41 +, 45 +, 58 +, 66 +, 83-93 ++
Igenex IgG Positive: 31 +, 41 +

First LLMD appt Oct 3rd to start treatment!
Currently on 500mg Cefuroxime twice a day

Posts: 52 | From Windsor, ON | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmbfan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmbfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me too. when one symptom goes, an entirely new one crops up! Then i get visits from old symptoms every now and then. These buggers are Jack of trades-they can do a bit of everything. Dependng on what the "climate" is like in your body determines what they go after next-at least thats my take on it.

so, you may be crazy, but that must mean i am too! [Smile]

Posts: 368 | From freehold, nj | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nessa1815
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nessa1815     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My twitches come and go. Today I got a cool new sx, my muscles in my wrists and forearms feel like they are contracting and throbbing. My neck pain is always, always still there and that's my worst sx.

I haven't had a day without it unless I took a benzo for it. I'm always covered in Icy Hot or those heating pads that stick to you. I either stink or look like a mummy.

But it is scary, because once you think you know your sx, get accustomed to them, another one will pop up, and leave. BUT, I've said it once and I'll say it again, I WANT MY NECK SX TO GO AWAY.

Oh and my heart started hurting or my chest, feels like my heart though a few weeks ago and it's never let up either.

It's a weird disease. Makes me second guess my Lyme dx sometimes. Makes me anxious and scared. Yuck.

--------------------
"~*~My smile hides my bite~*~."

Posts: 506 | From N/A | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That happened with me prior to really going downhill with Lyme.

I didn't know I had it then.

However, when I started to really go down hill....I went fast.

I went from being a functional person to basically one who struggled to function. [Frown]

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes. I have good days and bad days and symptoms that come and go frequently. That's why I continue to doubt my diagnosis all the time... It's very annoying and frustrating.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I think the coming and going or changing of nature of symptoms should make people (especailly drs) consider lyme...

It is a systematic illness that more or less can do what it wants when it wants ...

i think in my expereince that once it his the nervous system the number of symptoms that can be present and for a revolving door system became even greater.

There have been many times I go somewhere limping on one leg and leave limping on the other... I feel migrating pain is another one of those things that suggest lyme.

Are you being treated now?

hang in there [group hug]

Nessa - Sorry to hear that your neck is hurting so much. [group hug]

I know what a horrible symptom that is (as i sit here with a heating pad wrapped around my neck and another against my spine).

Do those stick on heating patches really help the pain for you? (I have never tried them so I was wondering)

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickssuck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickssuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, yes, yes! Not even changing daily, more like hourly for me! Neck pain is really unforgiving. My over-reactive nervous system is unrelenting too. Twitches coming and going. Off-balance feeling off and on. My extra heart beats/palps are very annoying.

I've been doing orals for 5 months now...I don't know if I have seen any improvement. Started with Zithro (500 mg), now the last couple of months added Mepron/Art, pulsing Flagyl, tons of supplements (not to mention Armour Thyroid, adrenal support...)

I'm not sure I'm getting anywhere. This stuff (Lyme + 3 co's, EBV...I'm sure there's more, ugh) is definitely in my brain - I can feel it, my nervous system is really screwed up. I don't know if I'm in a constant herx or just getting nowhere. I'm discouraged.

I just wanted to let you know, I totally get the coming and going...though, for me, it's always something and never a good day or hour. Hope things get more stable for you. TS

Posts: 566 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sans0002
Member # 16409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sans0002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey AZURE WISH - no im not currently being treated for lyme just being treated for everything individually that can be treated for:

Esophagitis, Gastritis, Duodenitis, Jeujenitis found by endoscopy and now treating with Pantoloc.

Depression being treated with anti-depreesants (Paxil) which i can't stand and really think they make matters worse and dont do anything - bad side effects for a 22 y/o guy in a relationship lol

New sensitivities (ie. food) being treated with Nalcrom

- then my family doc just says that me now being sensitive to the sun and other lighting is just a change of skin/growing and just happens to some ppl (even though im dark italian and used to be able to bake in the sun all day and feel nothing lol)
- also my eye pain is b/c i need glasses even though my optomatrist disagrees ???

- but family doc thinks its ALL related to stress even though my cortisol blood work has never been remotely high (b/c i usually never get stressed)

- but ya sent off my Igenex stuff and just waiting for that to hopefully go back to my family doc and get started on treatment and get a referal to an LLMD going (from Ontario here) - assuming it is lyme

-Feeling great this week though so not thinking about it as much but waiting for the results is gonna feel like the longest two weeks of my life lol

--------------------

Posts: 52 | From Windsor, ON | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im going through it as well. Lyme and friends keep teasing me- giving me remissions and taking them away. I will be symptom free for two months and STILL on antibiotics and in the third month, it comes out to say hello again.

I have all my jaw/shoulder/face/teeth/neck pain back again. Im thinking about drinking bleach soon. [Smile]

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sans0002
Member # 16409

ya because most of my symptoms seem to be gone right now it almost made me postpone getting my Igenex testing done but im glad i did anyways so at least i might gain some clarification

The worst is times like now though when pretty much i'm symptom free and feel/look pretty normal except for some minor skin issues (hypersensitivity) and going to a doctor during this time period to get anything is not fun ive realized b/c they ask me what symptoms i'm currently experiencing and i say nothing

then they pretty much say ... well i cant do anything unless there's symptoms to see ... argh makes me angry

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement