LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Online Pharmacy that fills Bicillin RX?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Online Pharmacy that fills Bicillin RX?
notkrazybrian
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10621

Icon 5 posted      Profile for notkrazybrian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone know of any online pharmacy's that happen to fill bicillin? thank you, brian
Posts: 217 | From Everywhere | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notkrazybrian
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notkrazybrian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 217 | From Everywhere | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there.. I dont know your answer, but bumping in hopes that someone can help you!!!

Best

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bicillin LA is Penicillin G Benzathine. It's a staple drug made in most countries and is widely available and inexpensive, except in the US. Outside of North America it is generally sold as a powder with a vial of bacteriostatic water and you reconstitute it. It's a bit of a hassle but not too bad. There are a number of overseas online pharmacies that sell it. In Spanish-speaking countries, it is usually called Benzetacil. In Brazil they drop the n and call it Bezetacil. In French-speaking countries it is called Extencilline and in Turkey it is called penadur. The world price is about $3.00 for 1.2 Mu and $4.00 for 2.4 MU. It's pretty chemically stable and you can mix up 2.4 MU and use half and half several days apart.
Importing up to ninety doses is generally tolerated but there is a risk of having your shipment seized by customs.

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rianna
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both my husband and I have tried extencillin and the fresenius product from South Africa but the product from Spain is most definately the best, its a little more expensive (7 Euro's) but its excellent - my husband is now well after being on it for some months.

Rianna

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
order it overseas B.

its 3$ a shot.

or, call me. i can spare a few shots.

ins stop covering??

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get my Bicillin through Tell Drug. It is a mail order perscription program.

I have Cigna and this is what they use. I don't pay anything. It is covered under medical instead of Pharmacy.

I made a huge mistake buy paying out of pocket and submitting the 536 dollars for 5 weeks of Bicillin the first time I was put on bicillin.

Bad news tho I'm still fighting them to get them to reimburse me.

But Tell Drug took about 3 weeks to set up and then no problems. They just mail you the refrigerated bicillin.

PM me if you need a phone number to call. and check if your insurance uses them.

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FunkOdyssey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FunkOdyssey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone knows of any reliable overseas online pharmacies selling bicillin? My LLMD was told that she has to stop treating Lyme patients, so I am suddenly in need of an affordable non-prescription source of bicillin.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Posts: 195 | From Manchester, CT | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure they keep it on ice, because if it warms up, it's ruined. Best to fill it locally!!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FunkOdyssey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FunkOdyssey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, they don't ship it in solution. When you have it delivered internationally, they send you the dry powder in a sterile vial and when you are about to use it, you add sterile water to it, mix, and load a syringe with it. The penicillin powder has a much longer shelf-life and is more durable than the pre-filled syringes we get at the local pharmacy.

A certain someone pointed me in the right direction on this topic -- they know who they are. Thank you!

Posts: 195 | From Manchester, CT | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnaL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnnaL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To echo an earlier question--

Does anyone know of a reputable overseas pharmacy to get Bicillin?

With all the different generic names and dodgy websites, I'm having a heck of a time finding what I need.

If someone in the know could either post or PM me with a website name...

Posts: 398 | From By the Salish Sea | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
migs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://shop.farmaciameritxell.com/ ...they have extencilline 1.2 or 2.4 and I know of someone who has used them many times.

http://www.drugs-pro.com/antibiotics.html ....these guys I was told about by a couple people online.

Posts: 410 | From Victoria BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FunkOdyssey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15855

http://goldpharma.com/?show=search&search_srt=Benzathine%20benzylpenicillin&lang=ENGLISH
Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement