LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can I have Lyme and /or Co's with no pain or Dullness in ribcage???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can I have Lyme and /or Co's with no pain or Dullness in ribcage???
llelnino
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for llelnino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read many people on here that have pain or dullness in the ribcage, is this always the case?

The reason why I ask is because I have just started seeing a LLMD for suspected Lyme and Co's but I dont have any ribcage pain or dullness. I dont have any pain. My main symptoms are

Extreme Fatique(especially after exertion)
Dizziness
Light headed
Overly sensitive to Light, Sound and smell
Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
Loss of Appetite
Loss of weight
Loss of memory, words, concentration
Very low Cortisol
Hormones slightly low as well
Slow reflexes
Mood Changes
Depression
muscle aches
insomnia
trouble staying asleep
Stomach usually upset
nausea
Hot Flashes
Temperature Instability(especially in the hands and feet)

This all started in Dec 06 with a severe bout of the flu that took me almost 2 months to recover from then I was fine for a year until getting another flu in March 08 where I continue to suffer all the above symptoms.

In April one CFS doctor told me that I have CFS
based on my symptoms and the fact that my EBV vca igg was 24 times above normal at 2411.

I couldnt just lie down and accept the CFS diagnosis so I started researching. I've worked 2 summers outdoors reading electric meters(2000,2006) and I was always outdoors playing sports or doing something and I live in NJ(very Lyme endemic state) I started looking into Lyme.

I had the Igenex WB test done and it was negative but I had IND and + reactions on 8 bands 4 on IGG, 4 on IGM and my CD-57 was 80, My LLMD thinks that this is very significant and believes that it is very probable that I have Lyme.

I quess I'm writing all this because I am panicking just looking at every little detail and symptom wishing I had all the Lyme symptoms so that I would be more sure that it is Lyme and not CFS.

I just so scared that if it isnt Lyme that my life is over and that I would have to live like this for the rest of my life. I'm just so scared and wished I knew what was causing this one way or another.

Mike

Posts: 103 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle108
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle108     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course you wouldn't need to have pain or dullness in your ribcage...I am not sure why one would think so???

Lyme presents in many ways...there are no symptoms that absolutely "MUST" be present!

Good luck to you

Posts: 217 | From New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never had the rib cage symptoms that you are inquiring about.

I sure do have the symptoms that you list though.

and I sure do have Lyme....

good Luck,
Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joint/muscle pain have been the least prevalent with me. Lyme manifests in weird ways just as syphilis. I have many of the issues you describe.

Low cortisol will do a lot of other things to make u feel bad as well...like mess with your temp and disrupt other hormones...

Of course, you don't need low cortisol to make you feel bad lyme will do that for you...

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi llelnino

like the other have said Yes you could have lyme-
the rib cage pain is usually when people have
the co infection Babs also-

Realize tho that even the Igenix tests are
not very good -
Negative test dose not mean much --

The symptoms you list could also be caused
by Yeast-- Candida --
usually people with candida have Gas as a symptom too - Jay-

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement