LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Hands/finger shurt? anyone else...please help with description

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hands/finger shurt? anyone else...please help with description
shelly23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shelly23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone
SO my hands a fingers feel weird they hurt. Best way to describe them .... have you ever been outside in the freezing snow then you come in and the cold hands start to warm up. They are sort of stiff then painful and very lazy. It is not so much that they are weak just takes extra effort to use them. Not tingling just odd can anyone explain this or describe this better?

--------------------
Shelly
~ IGM~Positive
CDC Positive
23-25 +
31+++
34++
41+

I am a Dreamer, Believer, and Conquer; I will overcome this disease !!!

Posts: 382 | From Alabama Via PA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my worst symptoms was that my hands hurt. They hurt to the bone, and they throbbed. It was hard to grip things. They felt very stiff. This has gotten better during treatment.

Pain all over my body and fatigue was one of my earliest symptoms. Still have both, but not as severe. I also have had neurological twitching and jerking movements.

Just hang in there. I have been in treatment for 6 months and just started to notice subtle improvements.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Hand problems are common with lyme but you may also want to get checked out for Raynauld's syndrome regarding the problems with cold.

Do your fingertips every turn blue or grey when exposed to cold?

Be sure to wear gloves and keep your hands from getting too cold.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
candlequeen
Member # 17054

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candlequeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this last fall'winter. It is Raynaud's syndrome. it is from lyme other auotimmune disease also exprience this. Keep your hands and feet( I had it in my feet too) as warn as you can.
Posts: 72 | From Southeastern PA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lyme arthritis in my thumbs, thumb areas, sometimes whole hands. It's not what you have,; they just hurt, sometimes a lot more, sometimes not at all.

A really great treatment that i learned from Farah's posts is to apply essential oils. You can search on Farah to get her original recipe.

I couldn't remember her recipe, so i just use something like that.

A month ago my ribs started hurting on one side and got worse for 10 days till i couldn't sleep because it hurt to breathe. So i applied essential oils:

1 tsp olive oil plus 2 drops each Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Citronella, Geranium and Thyme essential oils, which i rubbed onto the rib area, on back of hands, and back of neck.

Next morning--- dramatic improvement! My hands were aas soft and pain-free as a child and my neck was mostly NOT creaky that day, and the ribs receded to only mild soreness.

I don't know if that would help you--- it seems to chase the microbes out!

I used thyme oil before, with about 4 months of relief before hands got really painful again. Thyme oil is too harsh to rub directly onto the skin as i did.

from pamois.

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NatalieA
Member # 7714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NatalieA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Shelly- I read your post and got the "chills." I describe it(to some doctors/people-and most look at me like I'm crazy) as the feeling of coming in from the cold and when you try to warm up your cold hands by putting them under the sink water..It's like that painful/tingly feeling.. this hand thing usually wakes me up at night..it's just another of the strange symptoms I guess?
Posts: 87 | From Clarksburg, NJ, Monmouth | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Taking magnesium citrate or glycinate - and fish oil - might also help.

MSM can be good.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement