LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is that TICK BORNE ENCEPHALITIS in Europe are same as here!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is that TICK BORNE ENCEPHALITIS in Europe are same as here!
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this link.

http://www.tick-victims.info/m-6825.php

The question is :Is that same as TICKS here?

I had my son diagnosed by Dr J as TICK BORNE ENCHEPHALITIS -disease.

My question is:

Do they know that it might not be only virus in there ?

I wonder that the PROFESSOR exsplaining on one of the animated clips had puffy eyes( so much matches Dr J S perscription ) on BART patient.

I am just questioning as I am from EUROPE.And I saw a list of countries that have TBE in there.

Hope BRUSSELS will fill me in here.

[ 15. November 2008, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Alv ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alv,

This is a very important question --

Did Dr J say "Your son has encephalitis from a tick bite" (could be from Lyme or RMSF or some other coinfection)?

or did he say

"Your son has tick-borne encephalitis?"

Look through the lab results and see what he was tested for -- don't know of any of the normally used labs in the U.S. that even offer a test for TBE (tick-borne encephalitis).

Here is a link to a previous thread on TBE

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=067525

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

It was band 30+ that was showed on IGENEX but mine was 30 +++ .And he wrote to teh school that he was positive VERy high on BABESIA Microti and has TICK borne enchephalitis .

My son CD57 at that time was 102 .I was sick to death myself and had CD57 92.Is interesting as I was just reading about RMSF .I wonder if that is anotehr coinfection ( as I recall my llmd saying that I have some kind of RICKETSIA ) ...maybe my son has that on top of lyme also...

soonermom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soonermom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no idea that ticks transmitted viruses too. (I mean it makes sense that it could happen)

I wonder if there has ever been a documented case in the US? Do they even know what to look for?

It seems like if there is a vaccine for TBE in Europe, they would also have a test to determine if you had it.

Makes you wonder about all the people that aren't getting better w/antibiotics doesn't it?

--------------------
3/08 CDC Positive
IgM 18++ 23-25IND 31++++ 34++ 39+ 41+++ 58+ 83-93+

CDC Negative
IgG 31IND 39IND 41+++ 58+ 66+

Posts: 274 | From oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read someone from this board with TBE too, not too long ago. I thought the person was mistakenly thinking about encephalitis caused by lyme disease, but he (or she?) said no, it was the viral one.

What I understood is that the virus for TBE is there in the US too, but in lesser numbers than here.

In Europe, TBE is not uncommon and increasing. It's a terrible viral infection.

You'll find the nosodes in Switzerland for FSME, they are called FSME (fruhsommermeningo encephalitis = TBE).

And in the Hildegard Pharmacy in Brussels. An energetic test can say if they are the same as in the US. I would first ask Deseret Biologicals to see if they don't have an American strain (if there is such a thing....)

Selma

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

The biofeedback also showes that My son has the EEE virus ( and that is dangerous as well ) he got it in bacyeard from the Mousquito bite.
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could be wrong but it sounds like he was saying the child had encephalitis from a tickbite. Lyme can cause encephalitis, as can other pathogens. I am doubting that he was diagnosed with TBE, like they have in Europe. In the U.S. there are also disease agents called Powassan virus and deer tick virus which are possible coinfections, but no one in the U.S. is apparently taking it as the equivalent of the European tickborne encephalitis virus (TBE). Seems like this is an oversight.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alv,

I think Lou is correct. The doc would have used the words "tick borne encephalitis virus" if he thought your son actually had the virus found in Europe. And he would probably have called the CDC as well -- just do not think there have been any documented cases of this infection in the U.S.

Unless he included the word "VIRUS" in the description I think what he meant was that your son had encephalitis caused by a tickbite -- maybe he didn't use the best choice of words, but he was probably not even thinking about TBE virus since it is not known to be in the U.S.

Band 30 would have been on a Western Blot for Lyme disease so I don't think that would have anything to do with TBE virus testing.

If you yourself have been diagnosed with Rickettsia then that group of pathogens does include RMSF (rocky mountain spotted fever). Fry Labs and Clongen Labs and several other places do test for RMSF.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=033229#000000

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=057779;p=2#000059

Older threads...

It makes me think, if so many of you guys from lymenet in the US had caught lyme in Europe and brought lyme to the US, had been bitten by ticks there too, and these ticks are on the loose...

Same as for migrating birds... They can carry the virus anywhere, right?

So, maybe TBE is still not there endemic as it's getting here (the numbers are increasing to a very rapid pace), but it could be possibly there, why not?

They still say it's not too common here, but my daughter caught it.

A blood test here takes about a day or two only. But I believe it doesn't get all strains.

Maybe you should call again and ask dr. J. "are you talking about the VIRAL infection caused by a tick bite known as TBE in Europe?" or are you talking about encephalitis caused by borrelia or lyme disease?

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

You know SELMA that He did not stated VIRUS , but he also had LYME ( as syphylis) identified by the biofeedback ( so did I but mine came up as TICK borne illness , relapsing fever) and even babesia showed up on me.

on my son showed HHV6, EBV, Gram negative bacteria ( blo or bart whatever the fry has ) and some others as Tripple E virus that is very dangerous also .

I guess the world virus that ahs been mentioned was not inlcuded ( so might be borreliossis).

I am glad you reminded me the old thread about band 30 .I have had the sever headaches with joint pain since 15 years ago and was diagnoes with migranes in GERMANY.5 years later when I had a headchache was like I had a tumor.And 5 years ago ...it got loose as I was given 6 months antibiotic for somthing else...and that is when eveyrthing broke up loose...

To top it off associated with the death of my mom that I could not be there and THAT IS IT .The rest was HISTORY.

I am sure that i got here RMSF as my ehrlichia was very strong.I wonder if I have that since in germany as it really took me very long to recover from it ....as it was cronic.Muscle pains started 13 years ago.

But yes we brought the band 30 from europe and ADDED burgdoferi -but for me GARINI is the most problematic.I am missing a coinfections ( I beilive Q fever or RMSF is comming back ) ..Will see.

SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eastern Equine Encephalitis

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JKM03
Member # 17788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKM03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...You're identifying tick-borne illnesses by biofeedback????

Anyway...

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol3no2/telford.htm

A New Tick-borne Encephalitis-like Virus Infecting New England Deer Ticks, Ixodes dammini1

To determine if eastern North American Ixodes dammini, like related ticks in Eurasia, maintain tick-borne encephalitis group viruses, we analyzed ticks collected from sites where the agent of Lyme disease is zoonotic. Two viral isolates were obtained by inoculating mice with homogenates from tick salivary glands. The virus, which was described by reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction and direct sequencing of the amplification products, was similar to, but distinct from, Powassan virus and is provisionally named "deer tick virus." Enzootic tick-borne encephalitis group viruses accompany the agents of Lyme disease, babesiosis, and granulocytic ehrlichiosis in a Holarctic assemblage of emergent deer tick pathogens.

Posts: 43 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Yes biofeedback machine confirmed the diagnoses of lyme.I used 3 diferent metods and 3 diferent persons.One with lab IGNEX, Onw with ART -LLMD , and one with biofeedback.So confirmed that HE has LYME disease and found even more pathogens...that send me to the right direction.

ART and biofeedback gave me more answers than just LABS as IGENEX, CLONGEN and you name it...

karenl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Europe they divide the tick problem in:

1. FSME
they think it is a dangerous,deadly
virus. Mostly people die from it.
Kids and many adults have a vaccination
against FSME and they tell you the
vaccination is protecting you.
2. Borreliose, what is called lyme in USA
They think borreliose is a bacteria and
harmless.It is self resolving.
Probably you get a short antibiotic treat-
ment.
If you still have problems afterwards they
will tell the patient it is psychiatric
problems from childhood and you get
therapie.

There are now some new Doctors and centers working on this topic but the public and health insurance has no good information on this.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wimenin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wimenin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if I can add anything to this topic, but I will try.

I guess the main things I would add is that meningitis and encephalitis can indeed be caused by both viral and bacterial situation.

The difference from what Ive learned is that if its viral and not caught within the first few days, weeks, then usually there is nothing that can be done except to let the virus run its course. If caught early, usually found by way of a lumbar puncture, then antivirals such as ancyclovir is used.

If bacterial, then different strains are usually the cause, with some being deadly within the first few hours, days, and death is possible.

With me, I was initally diagnosed with viral meningitis and encephalitis a couple months after the first set of symptoms appeared. It wasnt till over 18 mos later that lyme was diagnosed, and the initial viral diagnosis changed to lyme encephalitis and meningitis. Of course the treatment protocol for lyme vs viral was different.

In any event, it can take years to recover from menin/enceph, and often there are long term problems that will never heal due to the destruction of the inflammation of the brain and meningis, etc.

Not sure if this helps at all, just thought Id add my first hand perspective.

Posts: 514 | From . | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Yes, what I see here is that FSME (fruhsommer meningo encephalitis) or TBE (tick born encephalitis) is an almost immediate result after tick bite.

You get a STRONG flu symptom, awful headaches, the disease has two short cycles that can lead to permanent neurological damages in VERY SHORT TIME. If it doesn't let you this strong consequence, you are somehow free from it. And immunized against another TBE reinfection.

Some people can become totally paralised, deaf, with an almost permanent headache etc... The damage is permanent most of the times. Or die.

But I only have read about its acute phase. I don't think there is a chronic disease with TBE.

Once you passed through this 4 - 6 weeks period after tick bite and you still didn't get meningitis (encephalitis), it means your body fought it successfully. Like a flu.

If not, YOU WILL KNOW it. It is very different from lyme encephalitis, that is something that comes up chronically, slowly.

Catching TBE looks a bit like being infected with a flu virus, it comes strong, there is usually an interval in between two phases in a matter of weeks, then the last phase is the one that goes to the brain. Everything in less than two months, if my memory is good.

No idea if there is such a thing as chronic TBE. I don't think so, but ....

Alv
Unregistered

Thank you very much for your input [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement