LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » DR. BURRASCANO - New October 2008 16th Edition Guidelines

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DR. BURRASCANO - New October 2008 16th Edition Guidelines
DebAz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case people did not see this in the other thread...

I thought I would be good to put this out in the open for those who have not see it yet.

DEBBIE

Dr. BURRASCANO Advanced Topics In Lyme Disease October 2008 16th Edition

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radfaraf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radfaraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, I saw a mention of this somewhere else, but couldn't find it anywhere!
Posts: 526 | From NJ | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleLymie19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this brand new, or has this been available for a while?
Posts: 710 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JKMMC09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKMMC09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting this. Dr. B states in the beginning that every section has been updated..?
Am I missing something, or are these basically identical to the other, 15th edition guidelines?

Posts: 371 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

JKMM - they look pretty much the same to me.

I did take a pretty good look.

lymednva
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked the new one over, with my copy of the old one also open to compare. I did find some subtle differences in them, but they are not major.

For instance he has added Transfer Factor as an additional supplement, not in the required list. I know the LLMD's in my area are now using it.

That was the main thing that popped out at me, but I didn't do a line-by-line analysis.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you notice any other changes, would you let the rest of us know what they are SPECICIALLY.

i went to ilads site; it doesn't have 08 burrascano's guidelines there at all! wonder why??

DebAz
Unregistered

Hi Guys

Ok I did a side by side comparison. I did not read word for word and just compared the document about paragraph by paragraph and may have missed things.>So this may not be exact.. But
here is my list of differences.

Differences in newest Guidelines compared to 2005 Guidelines

Page 25 26 and 27
Added section
"Sorting out the co infections"

Page 28
New info given to get supplements from additional places

In all areas of Supplements
there has been various changes and additions to each description
and i advice people to re read the full supplement section as well the
following additions to the whole supplement section:

Basic Daily Regimin
NT Factor Added

Alternative Treatments
CITICHOLINE Added

Immune Support
Transfor factor Added

For Fatigue
Took out "For Fatiuge" section

Other Optional
Vitamin D Added

Page 31
"Lyme Disease Rehabilitaion"
is rewitten and added to

JKMMC09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKMMC09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Deb,

Its hard to believe in 3 years (last guidelines were in 2005!) those are the only "updates"...hmm..

Posts: 371 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billclo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for billclo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And he barely mentions Tindazole as being probably more effective than Flagyl, with fewer side effects.
Posts: 131 | From PA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He mentions Flexcreme (Flex Cream) by Pharmanex as great for body pain. I was considering it for my daughter but you can only buy it from a consultant.

That really sucks. Anyone try it? Buy it without MLM?

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Does Dr B have some financial connection with Pharmanex ?

Deb you are consistently amazing.
Thanks for all your effort.

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to Dr. B for still helping us, even though he retired a couple of years ago.

He is so MUCH appreciated.

These guidelines have saved lives over the years... and given many non-LLMD's a base to build on so they could help folks too.

I know they kept ME alive when there were NO doctors around here.

[Big Grin]

Thanks Deb for sharing.

OH.. and if folks want MORE info... and MORE studies to be used as a basis for the next set of guidelines...

Be SURE to work to get our Congressional bill passed so some of the funding for research will come OUR way rather than going directly into the ducks pockets.

The billions wasted by the IDiots in research and on vaccines, etc that could have HELPED us with our disease is horrible.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
big thanks deb for comparing 05 and 08, and your summary!! [group hug] [kiss]

hard to believe you're a new member with about 500 posts already in 2 months!! [Smile]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up; buried on page 2...

i was sent dr. b's 08 guidelines thru my home email and i added deb's COMPARISON 05 TO 08 NOTES with it too help them as well!

suggestion to forward them both and dr. b's supplemental list

Dr. B's Supplement List
http://www.lymepa.org/Nutritional_Supplements.pdf

[ 29. December 2008, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

migs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are also some difference in the section where he discusses different antibiotics. Telithromycin and a couple others are mentioned.
Posts: 410 | From Victoria BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebAz
Unregistered

And that is different.. Boy you would think i would catch that one since that is the med i am on..
What page is that difference on.. can you let me know

THANKS
D

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to all who copied my newbie package links into their word ms program,

please delete 05 link and add deb's new 08 info, her comparisons, and supplements info!! thanks.

i updated my newbie package link now; finally the lymenet system would accept this edit, and it now shows 08 on the table of contents and actual links, etc! [Wink]

bettyg
Unregistered

up for richie and others who didn't know this like we all didn't!!
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rather than no coffee, he now says no caffein.

Not sure why he is still so strong against starches. That is a myth that starches will progress a candida infection or cause one. I know people who cured a candida infection with a vegan diet based on starchy foods such as potatoes, brown rice, etc. The science is there to support it and my LLMD agrees with me.

My doctor's main requirement with food is to eat well and avoid junk such as anything refined, overly processed, sugar, etc. I stick to whole foods, grains, potatoes, veggies, fruits and some organic chicken and some organinc eggs along with plenty of nuts, seeds and other odds and ends. I think I do fine and have avoided a yeast infection just fine. [Smile]

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

since debaz started this, she did a COMPARISON OF 05 VS. 08 GUIDELINES ...

she listed them above; someone was looking for this post lately.

up so whoever might be able to see it and compare.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how come they won't come up for me?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What changes were made to the rehabilitation?
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joahsark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The link appears to be broken, even directly off the webpage. Anyone know how to get it?
Posts: 219 | From pacific nw | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/treatment_guidelines.html
Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a link and it also includes

ILADS Lyme Disease Treatment Guidelines Summary
by ILADS

Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines for Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses
by Joseph J. Burrascano Jr, MD

Guidelines for the management of Lyme disease
by ILADS

More Lyme Treatment Guideline Links
from National Guideline Clearinghouse

* Summary of ILADS Guidelines for Lyme Disease
* Summary of IDSA Guidelines for Lyme Disease
* Lyme Disease Guideline Comparison

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siciliano
Member # 15920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siciliano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, DebAz, I tried to click onto your link for the guidelines by Dr. Burrascano and it does not work for me.

It says it is "not found". Am I doing something wrong?

--------------------
I'm sorry but I am no longer accepting any private messages due to my own battle with lyme.

Posts: 3897 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Here is a good link to the Guidelines

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/treatment_guidelines.html

bettyg
Unregistered

debaz hasn't been here since her last post...the fighting got to her also.

[ 11-09-2009, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Betty for breaking things up. So, do able now to read!!
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 2008 guidelines are right here on lymenet guys. Under the links page to the left!!

http://www.lymenet.org/links.shtml

[ 11-10-2009, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: MarsyNY ]

Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

marsy, i deleted your comment since i broke it up.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement