LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » NOW! LIVE- CT HEARING ONLINE- BILL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NOW! LIVE- CT HEARING ONLINE- BILL
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOTE FROM PATIENT-

YOU CAN TUNE IN NOW! IT IS 3:20 AND STILL WAITING - SO GET IT ON.

NOON REPORT- The Public Health Committee just started discussing the Lyme Bill on our CT government channel. Testimony from 2 legislators so far has been just awesome. Both have spouses who suffered chronic Lyme and needed long-term abx.

You can watch this in CT on channel 83 - CT-N.

You can also watch it on the internet through a live stream here:

http://www.ctn.state.ct.us/webstream_launch.asp?Channel=1

````````````````````````````````````````````

He just report at 2:50 PM...

It's not over.

They had a couple testimonies from legislators when the bill was announced, and also the first selectman from Ridgefield, CT testified (I believe he was formerly in charge of the Ridgefield health department.

The 3 testimonies were all excellent and supportive of the bill and the experience of people with chronic Lyme. Both legislators have husbands whose Lyme was not cured by the IDSA protocols and had to seek out other doctors.

They have since gone on to other bills, but my assumption is that there is more Lyme testimony to come after they get through with all the other bills.

Could be a lonnnnnnnnnng day. People that I know were planning to testify have not yet gone. Also, the IDSA and ALDF were slated to testify against the bill and they haven't gone yet either.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOW!!!!! Just started

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks TC, I'm watching now, I just saw the 18 year old's testimony.

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TUNE IN!!!

Some patient is kicking ***!

[ 02-07-2009, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: nomoremuscles ]

Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

WOW!

ALL WERE GREAT!

Over now... 4:08 PM

Total testimony about 1/2 hour in 3 minute or so intervals.

Plus questions and answers.

I hope they read the written testiminy.

Over 90 submissions I believe they stated.

Way to go Maggie, Pat, Dr. C, Karen and all patients and parents who testified!

Three thumbs up and THANK YOU for your efforts to help us all!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

You said above that IDSA and ALDF were going to testify. Did I miss them? Or is this later today, or another date?

Or did they slink out when no one was looking?

Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Nomo..

You said..

"Or did they slink out when no one was looking?"

[lol]

That's my guess. They did the same in Maryland in years past when 200 plus people showed up to support a bill for Lyme.

Actually, I didn't know of them planning to be there. The report above came from another patient that I quickly copied and threw here as fast as I could so folks could hear the proceedings.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Thanks, Tincup.

This looked very good. I hope the votes go our way.

Shapiro must be frothing.

HAAAAAAAAA!!!

doc
Member # 14471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone make a copy of the video, as I missed it . Thanks , doc
Posts: 95 | From nys | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was great! It might be on their website...the Dr. Jones hearings were. I'll try and see.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for updates! [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would really love to see also; I hate that I missed it!!!! If anyone got a copy, PLEASE let us know.

I went to the site to see if it was in the archives, but everthing was from yesterday. So maybe it will be on the site tomorrow!????

Does anyone feel like giving some details???

Thanks

Posts: 351 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Oh.. and the IDSA and ADLF did submit written testimony. How AWFUL it is too. SO LAME!

I don't know how anyone who has any clue about Lyme could believe that trash.

For their "references", for example...

Rather than quoting science and sounding official...

They used the idiot Forbes article, Washington Post article and other tabloid type garbage.

I can't believe they did that! How STUPID on their part!!

That's like me going around telling the legislators that a little green men told me to wear a pumpkin on my head to the hearing. Come ON!

[Eek!]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FancyRatFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting this Tincup. I missed it too.

Let us know more details if you can. I sure hope there is a video on the site tomorrow.

Posts: 258 | From San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Here is a note I just wrote up after talking to some of the ones who testified.

They were at supper at the time... so I didn't stay on the phone too long.. but their mood was elated and they were pleased with the outcome.

```````````````````````````````````````````````

Brief report on the hearing today (my opinion)-

Maggie Shaw, Karen Forscher, Dr. Cameron, Pat Smith and a number of patients and parents (I choose not to publicize names of patients) testified today.

They waited all day for their turn to speak for three minutes each, after spending many hours preparing for this special event, as well as traveling to be there. They all deserve three thumbs up for their efforts!

No one testified against the bill at the hearing! The legislators asked good questions, which were answered throughly.

More than 90 people (on the right side of this issue- and I am biased) submitted written testimony, which was a huge help! Thank you all for making this effort a success!

A CT doctor's big medical group (didn't catch the name- sorry) also testified FOR the bill, a pleasant surprise. (But I'd keep an eye on them.)

Hearing all the testimony from the groups, I believe all major and many minor points were covered. Good team work!

I just heard from some of the group that were there today, they were already discussing what their next move will be and what still needs to be done.

Again, thanks to everyone who worked on this bill, both out front and behind the scenes.

TC

PS I am still listening to the hearings- it is about 7 PM and they are still going. I am glad our bill has been heard already and our folks have been able to leave.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ctn.state.ct.us/

Here is where you can watch it; Public Health Hearings. I guess there were two parts with other bills heard in between.

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Is it on so we can see the footage now.. after the fact?

I am so computer stupid!

Help!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Yes, they are running it....

--------------------

Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stream it....
Posts: 208 | From Hudson Valley, New York | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mushroomman06
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mushroomman06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Tincup for your up date. This hearing has been on my mind through out the day and your posting is appricated along with your time and all the effort you put forth.

I am extremely dumb when it comes to computor operation, but I will figure out how to see the recorded program.

Posts: 108 | From maryland | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

I'm dumb too mush man... and thanks for the kind words.

Help us Tracy!! Tell us how to see it!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

bettyg
Unregistered

tc, i'm pc literate, but i clicked on it and looked for it too ... CAN'T BE FOUND AS IS "EASILY"!

i looked at today's coverage, etc., nope; not there. so don't feel bad!

tracy needs to put the DIRECT ENTIRE LINK to it vs. just a home page and do a search for it... [Frown]

Tincup
Member # 5829

Thanks for making me feel not so dumb.

Now it is ok to go to bed.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Well it WAS on the home page when I posted it, but I guess it was just a live stream; only there while it was on TV perhaps?????

SORRY!!! I'll check some more.

--------------------

lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well shoot! I missed it! Will they be posting the video anytime soon??

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mushroomman06
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mushroomman06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info. I will not attempt to find a replay as this was the first thing on my list today.

When looking at the site I saw other meetings that had been taped for showing so hopefully this one is in the making.

Really hope they do so, I am hopeing a hearing comes about here in my home state and some foundation work would be provided.

Posts: 108 | From maryland | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we dare to hope something might go our way for a change? Afraid to hope only to be crushed again.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bullrun
Member # 16748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bullrun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
forgive me if i am missing it here, can someone tell me, what was final outcome of hearing? sorry for brain fog today...
Posts: 32 | From east coaster | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hcconn22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hcconn22   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CTN- the CT TV Network will post video of this hearing, but they run a day or two behind in getting it online.

Will post a link when I see it. Also if your in CT they run re-runs all day of the weeks events.

--------------------
Positive 10 bands WB IGG & IGM
+ Babesia + Bartonolla and NOW RMSF 3/5/09 all at Quest

And still positive ELISA and WB two years after IV treatment
http://www.lymefriends.org/profile/blake

Posts: 607 | From Tick Town, Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What has happened in the past with attempts at getting this kind of legislation is that the IDSA and their gang of thieves work behind the scenes to get it shot down, after the cameras and the patients have departed and the hearing is over. This is what to be watching for.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

up for more input; was going to listen to this tomorrow .... guess i won't since link disappeared..
n.northernlights
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n.northernlights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is in the 5 hour on demand video dated feb. 6th.
Follow the on demand link.
http://www.ctn.state.ct.us/ondemand.asp
Anyone, is it that one?

Posts: 366 | From Europe | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

I tried listening to it but could only hear some news stuff.

The oh no Governor kept taking and talking...

So I don't know how much further.. IF it is on there.. that it would be down the line.

Anyone want to hear the Governor yak yak yak and see if you can get past all that?

I don't.

But I did hear a "talking point". Not that SHE listens to CT or any other folks..

But she said CT would hire more people to do "good work" for "good pay". They would be cleaning trails and beaches.

If she is sending people out on the trails...

YOU'D THINK she would do something so when they get Lyme.. they wouldn't become disabled ... because insurance won't pay and ducks won't treat.

IF they consider that.. my bet is she would not have those jobs covered by insurance of any kind .. or minimal at best.

I feel sorry for those folks.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement