LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » shakiness in the mornings??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: shakiness in the mornings??
Dani1984
Member # 19436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dani1984     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else suffer from shakiness in the

mornings, especially when I am ovulating or

right before my period is going to start??

It's like my arms and legs get shakey and weakish

Anyone else have this sypmtom? What can I do about it?

Thanks [Smile]

--------------------
"This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

Posts: 35 | From Cortland, NY | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. It could be hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). That is more of an over all shakiness for me. It seems to be worse during that time; or it can be from certain medications.

My hands shook every morning while I was on Malarone.

Eat small meals close together about 5x a day rather than waiting a long time in between. My shakiness would always happen between breakfast and lunch, especially if I tried to wait too long for lunch. Stay away from caffeine!

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have this too. Like sutherngrl, I am hypoglycemic.

Food usually does help. Protein and good fats are the best relief for me. I usually eat two tablespoons of peanut butter right out of the jar. Then I sit down for 20 minutes or so and that usually does the trick.

My LLMD said hypoglycemia is just one more of the wretched symptoms of Lyme.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dani1984
Member # 19436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dani1984     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you ladies. I hate all these symptoms they are kind of nerve raking [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 35 | From Cortland, NY | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dani1984
Member # 19436

thank you ladies. I hate all these symptoms they are kind of nerve raking [Smile]

--------------------

LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this too but not related to hypoglycemia. All my symptoms are all worse i the mornings. Especially shakiness and weakness.

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

I find a small serving of protein powder drink before bed helps. It should be balanced with protein/ fat/ complex carb so as to help you get through the night.

Fish oil an hour or two before bed - and magnesium and B-6 help me wake up less shaky.

You might also go over your adrenal support. That might help.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shakiness in the morning, or any other time is usually due to low blood sugar. I do not eat sweet cereal in the morning for this reason. A couple of hours later I get uncontrollable shakes from the sugar crash.

Carbs and sugary food does this. Meat, fats and slow digesting food prevents this from happening.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dani1984
Member # 19436

thanks Lisa, Keebler, and D Bergy for all the information. I'm not sure if mine is low blood sugar or just another symptom. This lyme has made me crave sweets because i think it will make my body feel better, but then I wonder if all that sugar doesn't make me feel much worse a little while after I eat it.

I will definately try the meats and protein though. You guys are very helpful and I am so glad that I found you all on here.

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Dani,

I'm not sure how to break this to you but hasn't your LLMD mentioned that lyme patients should avoid sugar?

You say you are consuming "all that sugar" - then they shakiness could well be hypoglycemia from the drop. Or it could also be high blood sugar. Have you had your blood glucose tested lately?

I think you will feel much better without it and you may not even miss it. You might still be able to have dark berries (fresh or frozen) and tart apples.

A drop of stevia (from a plant source) can be used in course oatmeal or a cup of tea.

Artificial sweeteners are to be totally avoided as they cause many problems.

Good luck. May protein, complex carbs and good fats be with you. If you are taking enough magnesium and chromium you will not crave sugar. And a spoon of fish oil can ward off cravings, too.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have Lyme but my wife does. I have Crohn's but I still limit my sugar intake. Sugar is pretty much only good for sugar producers.

I also do not drink milk so cereal is kind of out of the question. I should have been more accurate and said I do not eat sugary cereal at all now.

My reference was from 10 years ago or longer. I am an middle aged guy so I have done about every stupid thing already. I tested this once and it is the drop in sugar that causes my problem.
More sugar will resolve it temporarily but I figured diabetes was the next step so I changed my diet.

I do well on a high protein high fat and meat diet. When I deviate from that I have problems. I quit listening to the experts and it has helped me immensely. Not to say that is the solution is for everyone, but it works for me so i stick with it.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement