LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tattoos and Lyme.... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tattoos and Lyme....
kreynolds
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abxnomore:

Thanks for the info!! I give you lots of credit researching everything!

Did you always stay clear from regular supermarket health/beauty supplies or did you start doing it once you got sick?

Thanks again!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty much always but I got more extreme once I got sick.

I have always gone to alternative doctors and grew up with an immigrant family that used old fashioned natural remedies, values that were closer to what the struggles of real life were about.

My motto is to stick as close to what mother nature provides. Live the way people used to
live in the old days when they farmed their own food and made their own products. While I can't live like that now, I try to do the best within this world we live in.

I spent most of my childhood in the garden growing fruits and vegetables...all natural, no pesticides!

As a child if I was sick, my mother didn't automatically drag me to the doctor. She knew what to do. Nature provides us with everything we need, before we destroyed it.

Look at the intricate system of Chinese medicine, thousands of years old all based on natures bounty.

One thing you can be sure of, if you hear an advertisement telling you something is good for you, it's probably not. Research it first.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Anytime I settle for something that is not organic, I ask myself what the cost will be to get the chemicals back out of my body. It is often much higher - and after a chance for damage to occur. Undoing the damage is not easy and not always possible.

I have found that I really don't have to load the shower gel on - a tiny bit goes a long way.

If I don't have the time to research something that goes into my body - I don't use it.

BTW, did you know that some fabric softeners use mercury ? But they don't have to tell you that.

Avoiding petroleum products is very important as not only can they contribute to cancer but, for lyme patients who already have a wrecked and dysfunctional endocrine system, petroleum products (including scented air fresheners, etc) are what is termed an "endocrine disruptor" - you can read much more about that at the site below.

You can check out all the ingredients in personal care/grooming/cosmetics and household products here. You might just have to look around a bit as there are many links within this site:

http://www.rachelsfriends.org/

Rachel's Friends

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abxnomore and keebler:

Thanks for your help!

Seems like a most things made are bad for you....

Abxnomore, thanks for sharing your story, it was very intersting!

I will definately look into some things that I didn't know could effect me, like make a simple deodorant change for starters.

Eventually, I know this will take time, I will be able to incorporate more healthy things into my life.

Thanks again for the replies!!!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do any of you know if there are organic and safe inks? My daughter told me not to worry, her tattoos were done with safe ink..Not sure how she really could know that.

I also heard a cd from Dr. K once that said many people do not release mercury and do not have a positive test. They have to do some special challenges to get it to move around and show up.

He explained his nurse had some fillings removed and was very ill but did not show up mercury positive until much later when he had her do some challenge things, don't remember what they were, to free up the mercury. lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeparfait
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warning...Beware!

There are no safe inks for our bodies.

There are no safe foreign substances that we add to our body.

We are taking risks each time we introduce something new that is not a natural food. We are made to ingest food! That's it! Anything else, take at your own risk.

Our immune systems go into action against any foreign substance. Wait until the young people

with tats get a little older, and start to feel the effects of a compromised immune system.

Especially when they really need their immune system to be healthy to fight off another pathogen or invader that they did not choose to put in their body, like lyme.

It's exactly what many of us face after years of getting mercury amalgam fillings. We were told those were safe by our dentist.

I'm speaking from experience with feeling invincible in my youth.

My initial problem was actually years of diet pills, asparatame, and weight loss supplements that took a big toll on my immune system.

At the time I took these...they were considered safe by most Americans!

I'm a baby boomer...and we have all been exposed to a wide variety of so called "safe" toxins, only to be later told, sorry, we made a mistake with your health!

I also dye my hair...to cover grey....and that also has metals that i just became aware of recently...it is a very big problem now for me to resolve..similar to the tatoo issue.

If I knew then...what I know now...I may be healthier today with lyme.

consider this:

Also the metals in the tats and the amalgams and the hair dye are passed onto our unborn children.
My young daughter was just tested for metals...and has loads of mercury!!!(she has no tats, hair dye, or amalgams...but has all the chemicals and metals in her system...!) How could this be?

I am only responding here to sound the alarm and ring the warning bell that was never done for me!

I want you all to be healthy and your future children, which is the future of our country, to be strong and healthy too!

Think ahead and be smart! Follow your intuition.

LP

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emh2l
Member # 18886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emh2l     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing about research is that it can be skewed to prove any viewpoint. Seriously. Jenny McCarthy and others are convinced that vaccines cause autism and they have the research to back it up. There was recently a panel of medical/autism professionals who concluded that vaccines do not cause autism -- and they have the research to back it up.

I know there is research about tattoos. If you look at the whole body of research, you will find it to say that they are both safe and unsafe.

Lyme disease has research showing two very different viewpoints, the ILADS and the IDSA. I know this group feels strongly that ILADS has the "true" research and approach. I find it hard to believe, though, that all the IDSA folks are idiots or out to make a buck. There is likely truth to both sides.

I appreciate all the links to the research on tattoos, deodorant, etc. But you have to remember that there are two sides to every story and an equal body of research to support the other side.

My problem, like I said, is when one side is presented as gospel truth. I understand that you and others are trying to educate about safety. But presenting it as "THE" definitive research and thereby drawing a conclusion of things being unsafe is problematic.

Just my opinion. I'm off to admire my tattoo. [Smile]

Posts: 41 | From SC | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been careful about my diet, cosmetics, beauty products, etc. for most of my life & I still became ill.

My mother got lymphoma from black hair dye when I was 12. She didn't know it was from black hair dye until many years later. I was always very cautious about things from a young age.

Even still, I became ill with CFS when I was in my 20s. Then, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia when I was 36 & Lyme 9 years later.

It's really hard to say that if you avoid something that you think is toxic that you will be free of illness. I recently moved to the south & people down here are really obese. Sad to say but you just can't help noticing it.

So if the toxins don't get you the pathogens or junk food will... It's really hard to stay away from it all. Now, they are talking of introducing cloned meats. We already have GM foods in the store that aren't clearly labeled.

Many people have jobs that expose them to toxins, EMF, too much stress. We can do small things like buy organic or stop using products with toxins but it's everywhere.

Not to mention mercury fillings & toxic dental materials, vaccines, giving kids drugs for Attention Deficit, etc.

Just the stress from having these "mystery" illnesses is enough to make you want to give up.

I agree with the people who say that the inks are toxic. I've worked in the art world for many years & most paints are very toxic.

I don't want a tattoo but I can understand why someone would. I'm not sure I would say that no one should do it. People have been doing tattoos for thousands of years...

It seems kind of hypocritical when there are so many things people do everyday that can be toxic, as well... I know people with tattoos that are fine & in good health.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sparkle7,

How did your mother find out her Lymphoma was caused by black hair dye?

My mom had Lymphoma for 13 years. She died from a different type of cancer.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Lymphoma from black hair dye??? I understand the controversy that surrounds getting a tattoo.

I feel that you can try your hardest to stay away from everything "toxic", but for myself I would be paranoid by every little thing if I did that.

I think you need to live your life to the fullest and happiest you can, given your circumstances.

If I'm going to die, I'm gonna die happy!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother had developed an enlarged lymph gland back around 1972 or so. They thought it was cat scratch fever at first. Then the tests came back for cancer.

Many years later, there was a class action suit that found that black hair dye caused lymphoma. I think some people were awarded money. My mother didn't participate - I don't know why.

Beauty products are very bad in that they don't have much regulation. They put all kinds of crap in cosmetics & things you apply to your skin. The skin is just as susceptible to absorb these things as if you eat or breathe it (in my opinion).

I guess this goes to support why it may not be good to have a tattoo. It is very hard to avoid everything.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Well sorry to hear about your loss....

I guess you have to check things two or three times before you use them!

Hope your doing ok....

Thanks again for your input!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thank you... We aren't close. I left home when I was 17 (30 years ago)... I think she's still hanging in there. They gave her an experimental therapy at Sloan Kettering hospital & it worked.

Sorry to be so flip about it but I tried to have a relationship with her but she doesn't really care. I saw her last summer & she's 85. It's unfortunate that she's unavailable but that's the way she wants it.

So, you don't always know what going to kill you... Might be the organic spinach...

kreynolds
Member # 15117

Yeah or the organic deodorant!!! Everyday on the news they tell you something new that will kill you.

First it was burnt bread causes cancer then it was talking on the cell phone.

Believe me I'm sure some of the stuff is 100 percent ligit.

All I'm saying is I have crappy life ( besides having my family) and If something will make me happy then why not do it?

I guess I'm one that likes to live on the edge... maybe I haven't come to terms with this disease and co's yet...

Maybe I'm in denial and pretend like my life is how it used to be. I know one thing for sure, if I'm thinking positive then I'm one up on life.

This disease may kill me, it may not. By getting a tattoo at least for me is very theraputic.

It relaxes my mind... and who knows maybe I'll get one of a Tick with a dagger in it! I understand both sides of the fence.

This post has brought out some pretty good stuff and I'm glad I posted.

I don't get angry at those opposed to getting a tattoo, they are just trying to help.

I respect and thank everyone for their concerns/replies!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, using hair dye will increase your risk of getting cancer.

http://www.caring4cancer.com/go/hodgkinslymphoma/news?NewsItemId=20080613elin034.xml

There is always two sides to the story. Don't we know. Lyme can become chronic, ILADS. No, it's easily curable, IDSA.

It all boils down to the individual and how they want to live their life. How many people smoke, knowing full well, there is no dispute there,

that it will significantly raise their chances of getting lung cancer. Most people who smoke, get it and die from it but people still smoke.

Coming from an anthropological back ground, I usually see things from the point of view of how we evolved and I don't like playing with mother nature, if I can help it. I think living as best

as we can, as one with nature is what is the healthier approach for homo sapiens.

And yes, I know indigenous peoples use tattoos but they use natural dyes from plants and the

earth and many have a shorter life span, so we don't know how having tattoos affected their long term health. I don't believe there are any studies on tattoos and indigenous peoples long term health.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Just be sure your LLMD will still be willing to work with you. It may make his/her job nearly impossible.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Abxnomore:

I guess we are living in one toxic world then huh???

Tattoos have been around for hundreds if not thousands of years....

The Native American cultures used face paints and other dyes for celebrations, war, etc....

Yes, they were made from the earth, but as far as I know most Native Americans were very healthy.

It's all how you look at it... Liberal_________Conservative.

I'm very "Left Handed"!

Thanks for the response and the link!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

sparkle7
Member # 10397

re: as far as I know most Native Americans were very healthy

Many succumbed to small pox & other diseases that the Europeans brought here since they didn't have immunity to them.

The Europeans lived among domestic animals so they had developed antibodies to many diseases that were fatal to the Native people in the Americas.

Small pox was spread by accident & intentionally through disease infected blankets given to the Native people to wipe them out.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this but in some cases - a little poison may help us... Being completely germ free may not be a good thing. I don't know if this applies to chemicals, though.

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

Lyme patients have a much harder time getting rid of mercury due to the nature of the spirochete. Mercury is never a good thing and the spirochete lreally latches onto it. Elevated mercury is one of the things that makes the neuro symptoms much more severe.

This book has one of the very best explanations of why lyme patients are so burdened with mercury. It is fascinating to read that part of the book, even if one is not interested at all in Rife.

http://www.lymebook.com/lyme-disease-rife-machines-bryan-rosner

When Antibiotics Fail. . . Lyme Disease and Rife Machines

Foreword by Richard Loyd, PhD - By Bryan Rosner

========

There are also a million threads and other articles about mercury problems for lyme patients. You can search here at LymeNet for threads by GiGi.

A google search including Dietrich (or Deitrich) Klinghardt's work will also be helpful. He has done a great deal of research regarding mercury detox for lyme patients.

-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/Articles/Mercury-Toxicity-and-Systemic-Elimination-Agents.html

Mercury Toxicity and Systemic Elimination Agents

We are seeing a serious rise in the environment of neuro-toxic chemicals and heavy metals.

The resultant accumulation of heavy metals in the human body poses significant health risks. Chronic mercury exposure from occupational, environmental, dental amalgam, and contaminated food exposure is a significant threat to public health.

. . .

* Click link at site to read article.

- Also see menu to the left of the home page for the various links regarding heavy metals and lyme.

=====================

http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/Protocols/Klinghardt-Neurotoxin-Elimination-Protocol.html

Klinghardt Neurotoxin Elimination Protocol

=============

http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/Lyme-Disease/

Klinghardt: Biological treatment of Lyme disease -- by Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt M.D., PhD

The Klinghardt Protocol

The treatment of Lyme disease requires 4 distinctive steps:

* Decreasing toxic body burden/unloading the system

* Improving disturbed physiology

* Decreasing microbial count

*. Immunemodulation

. . . .

================

Many solid links can be found through a Google search for

``Endocrine Disruptors`` and also for

[ "Endocrine disruptors" petroleum ]

-

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Sparkle not sure where you were going with your thread either. I was referring to indigenous peoples around the world.

Native Americans experienced genocide by the Europeans. I have a master's in anthropology, I know this stuff, about chicken pox infected blankets and the many atrocities we inflicted upon native Americans.

I was referring to all the indigenous cultures around the world who have been using tattoos for hundreds of years may be thousands. Back then all people had a shorter life span.

Of course Native Americans were healthy. They lived off the land without chemicals and didn't live in the toxic world we live in. If was way before the industrial revolution. Yes, we all need exposure to germs to build up immunity, but not exposure to poisons.

If people didn't have exposure to germs we would have no immune system. The Native Americans had no immunity to European diseases because the Old and New world developed in total isolation from each other for thousands of years.

kreynolds
Member # 15117

Abxnomore:

What would you do then if a study was done where a person with Nuero Lyme like myself and a healthy person with nothing wrong with them.

(Each person got a tattoo at the same exact time and place.)

Then 20 years from the now guy with the Lyme outlasted the healthy guy.

All I'm saying is your life is a crapshoot. Tomorrow is never promised. I grew up in NYC and saw horrific things, but that made me who I am today.

Live life, thats all I'm saying....

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Look there are people who smoke three packs a day and live into their 90's. No one knows why they don't get lung cancer. However, most people who smoke do develop it.

This is all a personal choice. But in this day and age we have a lot of information available to us, such as knowing the health consequences of smoking. We now know that there is a direct correlation between lung cancer and smoking. It's not a matter of will I get lung cancer but more a matter of when, with very few exceptions.

Keep yourself informed. If you have the information and still what to take the risk then that's an informed decision. Everyone is free to do with their life what they wish.

It is they who will suffer the consequences later and they will have to deal with it when they do.

Some people are more cautious about the way they approach life then others. Of course, we all want to live life to the fullest but different people interpret what that means differently. Others are more willing to take risks.

As for myself, I do live life the way I want to. I've done all the things I've wanted to do. I've traveled to many areas of the world, I have a wonderful son, a good education, I help others, I'm politically

active, I take joy in the beauty of nature and I'm in control of my life. Except for this illness, I've done all the things I've wanted to

to do. So I look at the positives. Getting lyme has robbed me of a lot but I was blessed in many ways, too.

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

It is impossible to say mercury exposure for a lyme patient is just a crap shoot.

Please read the Rosner book. So very much is explained there. We have a choice over what we put into our bodies. Yes, lyme is a mean and horrible disease but it requires the very highest levels of personal responsibility if we are ever to have a chance.

After reading Rosner and Klinghardt, which is just the tip of a mercury connection for lyme patients, there are other researchers who say that as long as mercury is in the body it's going to be very difficult, if not impossible, to successfully treat spirochetes.

This is no crapshoot. With clear and distinctive action, success is possible. Without that - not a chance. But, that's no crap shoot. It's all about taking responsibility, doing the homework, and remembering that our decisions can have life-long effects. It's best when those are in our favor.

-

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Keebler, you are 100% correct. A lyme patient will never get well if they have mercury in there system and don't chelate it out.

I had all my amalgams removed and chelated out my heavy metals a while back.

It's all well documented how important it is to remove these toxins from the system. Too bad, not all LLMDs understand this.

Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geet3721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for this post very informative I am itching to get a new tatt but was going to wait a little while to do it.

--------------------
When the going gets tough. . . I'll keep fighting!
Ms. Geet3721

New LLMD, New abx, New life coming right up!!!!

Posts: 714 | From La La Lyme Land | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Abxnomore:

Are you 100% positive that a Lyme patient will NEVER get well if mercury is in there system??

Or is that just an educated guess??? What if all the literature out there is false, but we are made to believe it???

Yes, obviously with a disease like this we want to rid our bodies of harmful metals, toxins, etc...

But to say that if one has mercury in there system they will NEVER get better seems a little farfetched.....

Like I said before... I must have injected car ink into my skin 8 times then....

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Some people get the mercury fillings removed & get worse. It happened to one of my doctors who had Lyme. No one asked for mercury in their heads. We just got it & now we have to deal with it.

I think my parents had mercury fillings, too. I read it can be passed down from generations. I can't really do anything about it now except try to have them removed which is expensive. I'll still have the residue in my body.

I think if you research the inks, you may be able to find some that are not too toxic. It probably depends on the color.

My point in bringing up about the Native Americans & pathogens like small pox is that the Europeans developed immunities because they lived in, probably, what we would consider unsanitary conditions with their animals.

This is why they developed resistance to infections that killed off many Native American people. I studied a bit of anthropology, too.

Many of our current mythologies come from comic book characters who are exposed to toxic things and become super heros or villains. Sometimes they say what doesn't kill you can make you strong.

Even in Buddhism, they say to transform the toxic emotions into something pure. It may help to think of that rather than being fearful of everything in our environment.

(I grew up in NYC, too. I know what you mean.)

emh2l
Member # 18886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emh2l     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abxnomore:
Keebler, you are 100% correct. A lyme patient will never get well if they have mercury in there system and don't chelate it out.

I had all my amalgams removed and chelated out my heavy metals a while back.

It's all well documented how important it is to remove these toxins from the system. Too bad, not all LLMDs understand this.

This is what I am talking about -- to say "will never get well" is stretching the evidence. "It's all well documented" makes the thinker in me want to know where it is well-documented and what the other side has to say about it.

Maybe not all LLMDs understand this because they are reading the other literature that shows it may not be the case...

Posts: 41 | From SC | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

To learn more, it's best to start with reading the sources referenced above (Rosner, Klinghardt). From there, there are other sources.

You could also study (separately from lyme) mercury itself and the effects on a brain and liver. It is very complex but also very interesting. If there is a university near you, perhaps one of the professors in the science departments would love to meet with you in person for about 15 minutes.

After doing some basic study, I always learned so much more by talking with the experts. Although I used to interview them for my job, I always found most professors / researchers thrilled to take a little time to explain their work. Most universities have a public affairs department with someone to guide you.

-

lymeparfait
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LLMD's I"ve seen in general understand the metal issue. Except, some don't realize how the metals can go undetected. Some believe, if it does not show up in the test, you don't have any metals...hurray! WRONG.

It's easy to prove to your LLMD...just start chelatinig...then take the diagnostics test...then it will all come out!!! No denying the test then. IT is dangerous to do without the proper Dr. who understands how to do this safely. So I don't recommend chelating to prove a point with a LLMD who hasn't taken the time to investigate.

My LLMD attends regular seminars on the latest treatments and research, and is obsessed with helping her patients. She gets it! I consider her on the cutting edge. I have done my research too!

My LLMD tested me for heavy metals with Diagnostics Labs., I was negetive. She will not treat any negetive results.

This LLMD recognizes that not all tests pick up the metals immediately. Especially if they are being held in place and not in movement.

It's the peeling the onion skin thing....new problems finally show up after other things are treated. But the more hard to remove things we add in layers to the onion, the longer it will take to discover what is learking beneath!

You must be a proactive patient to discover your best way toward health! I don't know one lymie that has ever improved much with just following a cookie cutter approach.

I recently began seeing a ND who tested me for heavy metals energetically. This was a new thng for me...and I wasn't sure if I believed in this or understood it at the time but felt drawn to find out more. I knew I had a problem to uncover.

Metals were found in my gums and pockets around the teeth. I did this so I could begin a natural treatment that can only be done if there are no metals in my body.

After starting a conservative protocol to release and purge those metals, I had my LLMD re-run the diagnostics labs metal test...and now that is very positive. Double confirmation! My LLMD sees the metals on paper. My ND finds my body responds positively to the metals. Two different approaches.

I find both types of doctors help me to coordinate my best healing regime. The ND specializes in detox, and ART muscle testing and my LLMD in diagnosing the pathogens with traditional treatments. They both are concerned with enviromnental toxins, allergies and metals. I find that they each confirm my direction for treatment! It's so helpful! I do not need to see them often.

We all know how imperfect the testing is...
Those LLMD's and patients that just go by other peoples findings and literature and not from their own personal experience, and results with their own patients, are not ones I would follow.

I follow those who have success with their patients, and listen only to those lymies and those posting here who are having improvements, who can follow protocols and know when their treatments are and are not working. Those that are willing to adjust, have no personal pride in being right, and love to share their first hand knowledge to help others.

And I will never blindly follow any one here either....neither should you.

But after a year of traditinal antibiotic treatment for Lyme and co, I knew I had some improvement, a diagnosis, and was on the path to healing, but was feeling worse! I just felt toxic. I trusted my instincts, and began to speak to others on this site, and have met many others in support groups that confirmed my suspicions of basic pathogen die off, candida and heavy metals.

One door opened another, and I eventually started to work on detoxing the metals, biofilms and candida problems. I actually feel like I am 95% better. All my energy is back. Brain Fog has lifted. And I am finally sleeping with no supplements. I know I can relapse at any time. So I am happy to feel good today!

I am taking a few supplements like amino acids in powder /liquid form along with green juice. As I am now working also on gut and malabsorption problems.

I am dealing with emotional and deep hurts on the spiritual level. And am feeling anxiety free at the moment. This is amazing.

The reason I add this info to this topic, is to say that we are not just dealing with lyme disease. People always post that on lymenet...now I am a believer as I experience it.

I still have lyme disease and most likely will the rest of my life. But right now it is under control with dealing with the other issues of metals, candida, gut and emotions.

I am also planning on doing the bionic 880, to further push the lyme and co. away from doing harm. I also have lupus so the lyme makes that a very real problem. So to do all this, metals must be addressed. I cannot stress that enough.

We are lucky to have some of those people with great experience and success posting on this topic. My advice is to listen, research and reflect. Ask questions and be open to change. You too will get better than you are today.

You also need to focus on healing...not on adding more layers to your onion.

Be good to yourself.

I hope this helps someone.

LP

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VImCpWzXJ_w

How (low level) Mercury Causes Neurodegeneration (Brain Damage)

Five minute video

Amazing video illustrating with actual images of brain fibers being destroyed by low levels of mercury. Amazing 3D imagery. . .

Pay special attention at 2:23 and 3:20 - and 3:45 - the visual is awesome at 3:58

More at: http://movies.commons.ucalgary.ca/mercury

From Leong, Syed and Lorscheider from the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Calgary (Canada).

-

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

lymeparfait -- Good informative post.

To begin with, if you don't take a provoked urine test for heavy metals with a chelating agent, usually DMSA, chances are you won't get a positive result.

I just want to say that I agree with you totally. That is how I have approached my illness and have made incredible progress. I have left no stone unturned. I have always seen an alternative M.D. well versed in all of these issues. Candida is equally important. It's not just a matter of taking diflucan or acidophilus but healing your GI track, after you get rid of the yeast.

Emotional issues will also delay ones progress. I mentioned the writings of Peter A. Levine already.

For those who want to learn using the search mechanism on this site will turn up tons of information. Searching the rest of the web will turn up even more.

Sparkle people who chelate and get sick usually are not doing it correctly and under the guidance of a knowledgeable practitioner. To begin with you have to have your phase 1 and 2 of liver

detoxification checked to make sure your body can clear the toxins that are being mobilized. Many people have genetic enzyme deficiencies and cannot clear the toxins, so they build up in the

body, rather than being cleared out of the body so you bet they feel sick. There are ways of correcting this, if you are working with a practitioner who knows what he/she is doing.

You need to have a kidney clearance test at least a week into IV chelation therapy to make sure your kidneys are functioning adequately as well. If your system if not up to par, you won't be able to clear the toxins from your system.

Just as with Lyme, there are many differences of opinion as to what is the best method to clear heavy metals from the body. Again, it's not a one size fits all procedure. There are many different chelating agents, DMPS, EDTA, DMSA and

others. What is fundamental is that you need to work with someone who is an EXPERT in the field. If not, you can end up making yourself seriously ill by mobilizing the metals in your

system but not moving them out of it. Supplements that aid in this process are important, Chlorella, Cilantro, Garlic, High doses of Vitimen C, especially NAC and ALA. NAC and ALA must be used together.

Keebler your contributions have been great too.

As for myself, this post is exhausting me. It's become a good informational thread. That's good.

But I feel like we are repeating the same thing.

And I will repeat that with out getting rid of your heavy metals and addressing candida in a "real" way, one will not be able to get a foothold on the lyme and co's.

WHO SAYS, most of the EXPERTS and the experiences of many right here on lymenet. Look and you shall find.

kreynolds
Member # 15117

If the post is exhausting you and feels repetitive then why post????

I have to agree with emh2l about this subject...

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

A question was asked. An answer - a presentation of the data - was requested. But, somehow, the transmission lines seem to be loaded with static. It is as if a tennis racquet keeps bouncing data back with a note saying "we really did not want to know."

There is the hope that additional postings, such as the one from doctors at the University of Calgary, might actually serve to educate the public as to the risks of mercury in our bodies, etc.

It's about preventing potentially permanent damage that does not have to occur.

_

kreynolds
Member # 15117

Must be all the mercury causing the static....

I know mercury is bad for our bodies, how many times is someone going to bring it up???

Will it kill me to get another tattoo?? Probably not.

If I tried to prevent damage that didn't have to occur I wouldn't be in the mess I'm in now....

I appreciate all replies and understand both sides, but my mind is made up.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

I just wonder. Why did you ask?

-

kreynolds
Member # 15117

I asked because I wanted to make sure it was safe to get one without infecting someone else..

If you look at the inital post...

I really do appreciate all the info and advice.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement