LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Do I need to get into care - need some quick advice - hospital??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do I need to get into care - need some quick advice - hospital??
unshakeable333
Member # 19614

Icon 4 posted      Profile for unshakeable333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, very few of you may know my situation right now, and it is very complicated and I'm not feeling well enough to really explain, but in short, been sick with Lyme most of my life - turned 25 recently, been chronically ill with Lyme for 9 years with no correct treatment (but sick for at least 16 years).

Only had been treated extensively for mental disorders that only made things worse. (finding most everything going on would be symptoms of Bart and Lyme)

Recently have lost most all support from family and not many friends in the area or anybody that is really able to help out.

I've been diagnosed with Lyme and Bart, and Candida overgrowth and been in treatment for two months, and only gotten a lot worse, and with the added huge amount of stress recently, my immune system is shot and it seems to the doc (with just talking on the phone) that the candida may have turned systemic.

My LLMD is 3 hours away though, and I don't have a car and couldn't physically drive if I wanted to anyway - plus I get seizures from the Bart on top of things.

I don't have any out of pocket money to go see the doc right now either, and the few friends I do have, are all broke themselves.

I'm sicker than can be, bedridden again, should be on a specific diet, but can't cook for myself and am about out of food as is, but unable to go food shopping from being so sick.

I'm in an apartment temporarily with a friend of my sister, so they aren't really even my friends, and don't really have any obligation to help me out, and they need me out of here soon as their lease is up I think the end of this month and are leaving here.

I've been looking to do the section 8 for housing, am in the process of getting SSDI with a lawyer, but right now, I'm as sick as can be, and can't do anything to help myself at this point, with nobody around to help me.

Does this only leave me with the option of going to the hospital?? Try and get into a treatment home kind of place??

The thing is, they wouldn't agree with my Lyme DX when I was just in there so they didn't know what to do with me and sent me home to be care for by my parents.

Now I'm being cared for by nobody, and yeah, what do I do now? I'm not giving up ever, I'm fighting this and I don't want to sound like poor me or anything, but this is reality sinking in for me, that I need daily care and right now or I'm not going to make it through this rough ride right now without it.

I've dropped 5 pounds to 155 now, and I'm a large guy at 6 foot 2, used to be 220 and not look overweight, so I'm pretty decimated at this point.

I DO have full state Medicaid disability insurance coverage, that pays for about anything, but they have to have a diagnosis for what they are paying for and with no doctors in this area familiar with Lyme at all, nobody would agree that this could be Lyme and couldn't figure anything else out, so they gave me NO diagnosis. (can they do that?)

(Live in Indiana where there are very few cases right here, but was born outside of Philly, in a very endemic area where and when I would think I got it)

I have yet to have a WB because of not having the money out of pocket to do it.

My CD57 score is an 11 though (about two months ago).

Complete survival mode is kicking in here, so what do I do? (btw, my LLMD's office is closed on tuesday or I'd be on the phone with them right now, but this has just really hit me so I'm posting here for advice)

Posts: 17 | From Near Ft. Wayne. IN | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soleil16
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soleil16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, I don't know what to say. If you're that sick, you might need to be in the hospital. Try to talk to your LLMD first though.

Also, could you check with local churches for some help? It might only be temporary, but oftentimes they are willing to help those who need it even if you are not part of the congregation. Maybe someone could bring you some healthy meals or even do some simple grocery shopping, pick up any meds you need, etc. All the things you need to survive for now until you can get into a different housing situation with someone who can help you.

And get on the phone with your LLMD's office tomorrow first thing. Hopefully they would have some helpful suggestions on who can help or what you need to do right now.

I'm sorry everything is so tough right now on top of dealing with Lyme. I'll be praying that someone compassionate will come along to help you out.

Posts: 236 | From Washington | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomolyme
Member # 18639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im in the same boat...a doc i just saw told me there is really no place for me to be!

i cant go into deotx for pain pills coz i dont take that many and i dont take them to get high..

i cant go into mental ward coz i m not suicidal..so the only place for me or u to be is a nursing home..yes .........

..u can go in there temporarily...no matter what ure age if they have a rehabiltation (meaning physical therapy )

I no for a fact the nursing home my mom was in took in a 35 yr old woman in a wheelchair from lyme and WALKED OUT several months later and was on pic line..

please feel better and look into nursing homes with pt.!!

Posts: 92 | From bethel, ny | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calling your local churches is an excellent idea. I belong to a church which helps people all the time, with a "meal tree", a food pantry, clothing, etc. Alot of churches will even arrange to pick you up for services, if you are so inclined.

God bless you. I will pray for you.

Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement