LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mold in our house - big health issue/ ozone is working!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mold in our house - big health issue/ ozone is working!
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Floods and the Symptoms:

We had two different floods in our dirt cellar basement, about seven and ten years ago.

Lots of storage got very moldy, and I was never well enough to clean it out. Just going down there made me feel weak, but I didn't understand why.

My husband finally cleaned the basement out about four weeks ago. This included bringing up boxes of old books with black mold on them, and sorting them in the living room.

I freaked out at him for doing this, but still didn't understand the seriousness of it at the time.

Now, the health issues are spiraling. I was about done with any lyme issues AGAIN, and was feeling pretty great.

Suddenly, I have serious body aches, fatigue, brain fog, major irritability, can't sleep, burning skin, bad cough, sores in my nose, and bladder issues, again. This has not stopped since the basement cleanup.

I trust my own muscle testing and reality check, as well as two of my practitioners well enough to know that this is not a lyme recurrance, but my own special reaction to mold and mycotoxins. (Although I fear a lyme rebound with my immune system so compromised!)

It's now clear to me that I have been having mold and mycotoxin reactions all along, in addition to lyme. It may even have been the trigger that allowed lyme to get out of hand, in my case. It just became acutely clear since the spores came upstairs.

I'm posting this especially to warn people in case this sort of thing could be happening to you to, and getting confused with lyme symptoms.

Interesting that mold, fungus, yeast, and lyme all create nasty toxins when they die off, and that's what makes people especially ill.

-----------------------------------------
My Kids:

I have been trying to figure out my kids issues for years now. They don't test positive for lyme via blood test or energetic testing, although they have both displayed lyme-type symptoms.

One daughter has brain fog, fatigue, muscle aches, a learning disorder, and was a bed-wetter every night until puberty. Symptoms get better when I run the HEPA air cleaner in her room. The other little daughter has constant unprovoked irritibility and rage issue.

Both have sores on their feet that have responded to NOTHING except for a mold and fungus homeopathic.

-------------------------------------------
Solving the Problem:

So now, what to do. I've been hunting this down like a blood hound for the past two weeks.

Number one is get rid of the big and obvious mold. Already done.

Next is seal off the basement until further serious examination and remediation can be done.

Next, get rid of mold spores and mycotoxins in living area.

Finally, get rid of mold and mycotoxins in basement.

Finally, finally, deal with issue inside my own body.

The question is HOW to get rid of them in the house. There are varying claims as to the best course of action.

Local clean up company says put house under negative pressure (run fans) and vacuum every surface with HEPA vac. How is this going to clean up my basement problem???

Others say to buy a 1500. HEPA air filter the size of a refrigerator, and run it continually. Where is this thing going to live in my little house???

Other sources say use ozone shock treatment. Personal accounts and a naturopath with experience says that this works amazingly well. Most of the official and government websites I read say this is a hoax and doesn't work.

Guess what I'm going to do. I'm going to trust the same people who helped me well from lyme, and not the official and government web sites.

I'm ordering a 400. professional grade ozone generator, clearing the house of people, plants, froggies, foam rubber items, and anything I am worried about bleaching or decomposing, and bombing the place with O3.
------------------------------------------

Ozone and Propaganda:

This is so weird. The same craziness about a different illness. First of all, very little medical recognition that this issue exists. Then very little understanding or agreement about how to treat it.

Then in addition, well circulated propaganda against anything out of the ordinary when it comes to treatment or remediation.

Most information out there on the web tells you ozone use is a very bad idea. Yet when I read the actual research of how ozone works, and how it is used industrially, it is used in just such applications.

I think there is so little understanding out there about how this actually works.

I think the mistakes that people make are that they that try to run low level generators while they are in the home, which won't clear out mold, but will make them sick.

Or they try to get rid of heavy mold infestations without manual removal first, and it just doesn't work.

Or else they try to get rid of heavy mold build-up by continually bombing their homes, and end up decomposing all their gaskets and wiring insulation.

I'm trying the middle road. Clear out all the visible mold manually, then zap the remaining spores.

I'll let you know how it goes. Wish me luck, okay.

[ 05-08-2009, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: bejoy ]

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O3 is supposed to be damaging to the lung tissue.

It is still okay to use it in your home, because the molecule will break down after 30 min or so (research to be sure) and then it's no longer harmful. After you're done using it, let the area air out for awhile before you go down there.

Some will say you should run the ozone while you're gone, then give it 15 min or so off before going into the area, and after using it (probably not during, that would defeat purpose) air out the area.

Do a little research about ozone and lungs and you'll see what I mean.

It's a volitaile molecule...that is part of the reason you shouldn't breathe it in in high concentrations.

A lot of times when they use heavy duty ozonators to clean out buildings, it's done when the buildings are evacuated.

I think your plan sounds like a good one though. I'm not an expert at all though. Good luck.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bejoy, so sorry about what you're going through... Some people say the easiest solution is simply to move away... I know it's not always possible.

Imagine these spores in our bodies, they can hide literally in every single corner. Same in our houses. I once wrote here about mold on old camera lenses...

It's literally impossible to get rid of them for good, no matter what strong chemical you use according to the people from the technical support of Nikon I talked years ago. The spores enter microscopic holes and will activate once the chemicals 'wane'.

Dr. K. has a formula for mold dissentization, you gotta keep a bit of the mold to prepare it.

At least, this could give you some peace while finding solutions.

My notes on dr. K's seminars:
- Valkion water (ingested, I suppose) is good to help body fight fungi toxins

- phospholipid exchange: excellent for mycotoxins

- Sanum remedies are good

- EMRs and mycotoxins: very bad combination. EMRs stimulate mold / fungi growth exponetially.

- American Academy of Environmental Medicine proposes injections of the 'toxin', but diluted like in homeopathy.

I will only write down what dr. K. does, without needing to do subcutaneous injections:

0- mother tincture
1- dilution 1:5 in water (1st dilution) (sucuss like in homeopathy, about 100 times)
2- dilution 1:5 in water (2nd dilution)
3- same as above (3rd dilution)
4- same (4th dilution)
5- 5th dilution
6- 6th dilution
7- 7th dilution (last one)

You can test to see if the body reacts badly to the dilution. Do muscle tests to see until when the stress reaction comes, starting from the strongest dilution.

Usually, by the 5th or 6th dilution, the body will stop to stress. This is called 'end point titration'.

Example, until dilution 4, the body gets a strong signal of stress, but at the 5th dilution, it doesn't react anymore. This dilution 5 is then the end pt titration. Add electrolytes or alcohol to preserve. Give the person one drop a day of it (not of the lower dilutions!!!). Keep testing and increasing number of drops slowly during the weeks. Go slow. I wrote 6 weeks, but I don't know if it's for each dilution or for the whole treatment....

You can do energetic tests, so I would just trust them.

Then you can test the lower stronger dilutions and see if patient reacts. For example, the 4th that patient was reacting before. The end point titration should fall with the treatment, so you gotta give then the lower dilutions same way as above, if I understood well.

It's some kind of strengthening of the immune system against a toxin, I suppose. I wonder when to stop giving strongest dilutions though... if on number 3, or 2... ? It sounds too strong in my view, if ingested....

If I remember well, he also proposed to do that with polen and mold. Just put some clean but wet small white towels all over your house(and outside, in case of pollen allergy) to get some of the 'toxins/ allergens' attached to the towels. Let there for minimum 24 hours. Then add bits of clean water to the towels and get a bit of the water out from each towel in a glass.

You'll get then your 'mother tincture'. You can add alcohol to preserve. You'll prepare then the dilutions as above.

This is all based on notes I did (and my memory), so I hope I'm not passing bad information...

I wonder if one could take them only through light. It sounds less dangerous to do so with light, in the same way one can use undiluted tinctures like dr. W. is doing with borrelia. I would never ingest D3 or mother tincture of borrelia, but I would use these vials through photons on my body.

Just an idea... Let me know if you try this.

good luck!!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
astriapage
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for astriapage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to manage a mold remediation company myself, and know first hand how dangerous mold is!

It is nothing to be taken lightly, and mold remediation needs to be done, which includes getting rid of obvious mold, and then going in with Hep vac and dehumidifiers.

Most of the time carpet and walls were cut out of homes.

It is a huge mess, and a curse to live with-it is bad enough we already have Lyme!

Posts: 303 | From Jekyll Island, GA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bejoy, when you have time see if some of Gigi's detox info is in the archives..Also see if you can find the book Mold Warriors.

I have a friend that is locally involved in a mold group. She was compromised due to a moldy school. pm me if you want to contact her.

We have fought mold on many levels here. OUr house is very old and has had some damage with sitting vacant and having pipes burst. Also an old dirt basement and hidden ducts from there to upstairs rooms that were papered over.

Our lymie had the dreaded genes for the mold damage as well as having lyme. She has most symptoms of neuro toxin damage.

Some neuro toxins are Lyme, Mold, blue- green algae, red tides, a bacteria in some fish in the Caribbean and from a lake in Florida, dangerous chemicals, etc.. I do not remember all of them. Sorry but this is a list of some.

Our worst rooms, other than the basement were the upstairs bathroom and our daughters room.

The bathroom was partially gutted to studs and outside walls. We had exhaust fans for all processes.

I used a black light, the one that is hard to find and has hazard cautions on it. Luckily, I had one left from the wonderful 60's..You can find the tubes at stores but they are not the "killer" ones. YOu must search for one.

It was run nonstop. Also we had an ozone air filter.

Then chemicals were used. WE first did bleach and tilex. Then one of the llmds said borax, like 20 mule team cleaner, will also kill almost everything. So it was in the final scrub.

Everything was either washed down with a few things or gutted and then washed down.

In her room, we also removed all wall paper and old blankets, curtains, etc. She had never told us that she had discovered and opened the antique wall ductwork that gave her a constant stream of air from the basement. Her bureau had hidden it from view.

We now use air filters year round and in damp weather run dehumidifiers. I can now smell mold and mildew from a mile away. If I get so much as a wiff, I go into combat...

I think you never can get rid of it all but you can keep it in check in most situations.

When we can afford it, we will strip the walls and carpet in the rest of the house.

I also researched something that sprayed the area with mold killers. Then Katrina hit and could not find them again. I think many businesses grabbed them all up..They were pricey however, even if you could now find one.

Mold is also a neuro toxin and it can mimic any of the symptoms of Lyme disease according to the author of the Mold Warriors.

Detox, detox, detox..

Good luck..This is a double whammy...lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels, thanks for the information.

Yes, that is the plan over here. (: Great minds think alike. [Smile] I am collecting a mold sample from each room, and will make mother tincture from it. Then I plan to treat with the PE-1, as I did so successfully for lyme and coinfections.

But first I need to do some remediation of the problem within the house. I don't think my immune system is not strong enough to keep the remaining touch of borrelia and babesia at bay, let alone opportunistic pathogens in the environment, if I make it go specifically after molds while still living in a toxic environment.

Leaving the house right now is not an option. Besides, I won't just have somebody else inherit this problem on the sly. I've got to finish this or tear down the house.

Astriapage, thank you also.

Fortunately we have no carpets, or any obvious mold growing in the walls or ceilings. This was just contamination of storage in boxes, however, the spoors are spread throughout the house.

I will put a dehumidifier in the basement. Hadn't thought of that yet, and although I live in a generally dry environment, it is raining this week.

I may do a test, but I don't need a test to know that we have toxic mold. I feel it and see it.

I saw black mold - the dreaded stachybotrys, in a box in my living room. According to muscle testing against a test kit, we have several other varieties as well.

I could use some good energy, folks. I used to have an attitude about people who constantly had problems and crises, like they somehow deserved it or brought it on themselves. I'm learning compassion on a deeper level.

This has been an eventful few years, once I got a lyme diagnosis and started recovering. Daughter in ICU for a week, father died in tragic small plane crash, picked up a nasty eye infection and went blind in one eye for a while. Now the spreading of the mold spores.

I'd never leave my beautiful family, but one of the mycotoxin symptoms is despair. I had a few days of losing my courage and wishing I didn't have to do this anymore. Now that I have a plan, I have rallied, and I'm on the spoor warpath.

I'm ready to stop coughing now.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Lymemomtoo, thanks also for your input. Yes, I understand what you mean about the double whammy.

One neurotoxin is quite enough. You get more than one going, and things get more than interesting.

Like you, I can smell mold a mile away, but I never put the issues together until now.

Borax makes sense. I go for the easy, inexpensive, and effective do it yourself solutions whenever I can. I'll make sure to add it to my wash, as I clean up the blankets and such, and I'll use it in all my cleaning solutions.

I wonder if I have the mold gene. Oh well, I'll focus on the things I actually can fix.

The big difference for me in this issue, is that while it is in my body, it is also outside my body. It takes a different kind of approach.

Mold is something my husband can see and understand and do something about. My lyme was all invisible and a mystery to him.

Hoosiers, just also noticed your post. A few of these posts overlapped with their timing, I think. Thanks for the input and the support.

--------------------
bejoy!

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mold bothers me too in my house, I just dont make enough money to move out and I dont have any ambition to get more because the more I push the less results I get and instead I get more PAIN!!!!!!!!

I purchased a carpet cleaner and clean the carpets near a mold closet when I can with borax and/ or vinegar.

I also have a mold problem in the basement, lots of dust.

Have an 30 year old carpet down there that I am slowlly getting rid of. I wear a mask, wet it down with peroxide and cut it out!

Then I mop down the floor with bleach.

Ive been throwing out lots and lots of stuff.

I use vinegar to clean the mold off wood or any surface. When it dries the smell and spores are gone!

Im also taking molybdenum selenium b5 and welchol. Doing what I can on a limited income.

It sucks being sick

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosebuds mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosebuds mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really appreciate this information and the

effort everyone has made to research and combat

molds ill-effects. I am realizing how much work

we have ahead of us with our 2oo year old

house!!!

what is the mold gene?

Thanks everyone.

Posts: 118 | From Here | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck, bejoy! I hope you will find the strength to continue. My liver is causing some wicked back pains for me now... I know what you mean about never ending problems.

When I was younger - I though I could escape from them, too... Our time here is brief - I guess it's about trying to learn something & continually trying to cope.

How about UV light? I'm in too much pain to research it now but I think I read somewhere it can kill germs & maybe mold. I guess that's like the black light someone mentioned...?

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emla999/Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A list of the most common symptoms of fungal exposure (bear in mind, people never fit all of the criteria bellow).

http://www.iconenvironmental.net/images/Symptoms-of-Fungal-Exposure.pdf

* Fibromyalgia/mps (and several correlated symptoms)

* Respiratory distress, coughing, sneezing, sinusitis

* Difficulty swallowing, choking, spitting up (vomiting) mucous

* Hypersensitivity pneumonitis

* Burning in the throat and lungs (similar to acid reflux and often misdiagnosed as such)

* Asthmatic signs; wheezing, shortness in breath, coughing, burning in lungs, etc.

* Irritable bowel syndrome, nausea, diarrhea, sharp abdominal pains, stomach lesions

* Bladder, liver,. spleen, or kidney pain

* Dark or painful urine

* Dirt-like taste in mouth, coated tongue

* Food allergies/leaky gut syndrome/altered immunity

* Memory loss;brain fog, slurred speech, occasionally leading to dementia

* Vision problems

* Swollen lymph nodes

* Large boils on neck (often a sign of anaphylaxis)

* Yellowing of nails, ridges, or white marks under nail

* Thyroid irregularities, sometimes leading to complete dysfunction; adrenal problems

* Headaches

* Anxiety/depression, heart palpitations - confusion, PTSD

* Extreme blood pressure, cholesterol, or triglycerides irregularities

* Ringing in ears, balance problems (very common), dizziness, loss of hearing (aspergillus niger)

* Chronic fatigue (also included under this classification directional confusion)

* Intermittent face flushing; almost always systemic, Called the Mylar Flush (neurological)

* Night head sweats, and drooling while sleeping, profuse sweating

* Multiple chemical sensitivity; only upon exposure to Stachybotrys and Chaetomium

* Nose bleeds (stachybotrys)

* Bruising/scarring easily; rash or hives, bloody lesions all over the skin (Often systemic, see images;skin)

* Reproductive system complications; infertility, changes in menstrual cycles, miscarriage

* Sudden weight changes (Detoxifier genotypes tend to gain weight, non detoxifier genotypes tend to lose weight)

* Cancer

* Hair loss, very brittle nails, temporary loss of fingerprints (in rare cases)

* Joint/muscle stiffness and pain

* Irregular heart beat/heart attack

* Seizures, inadvertent body jerking, twitching, inadvertent facial movements or numbness in face

* Hypersensitivity when re-exposed to molds, which can lead to anaphylaxis

* Anaphylaxis upon re-exposure to mycotoxin producing molds

* Death, in extreme cases

Posts: 1223 | From U.S.A | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About three or four years ago we had a mold issue in our master bedroom. We had a mold remediation company come out, rip out the part of the wall that was the issue,and the carpet. They completely scrubbed the area and then a large "air scrubber" ran for about 10 days. This area was completely sealed off from the rest of the house.

Then we had a guy that could "read" the air for mold (with some meter thing) come out and he certified that we were "mold free". Anyone know if I can trust this? Could it have possibly come back? How would I be able to tell if there is mold if I cannot see it? Every once in a while when I move my curtains by my slider I get a HUGE mold smell; this was the culprit area. Thanks.

Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I just read how stupid that sounded. Of course if I can smell it there must be something there. Duh. I guess I can call the same mold reader guy to come back out with his mold-o-meter. It doesn't take me long. I are smart.
Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emla999/Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a yahoo group devoted to mold/fungi illness called Sickbuildings.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/sickbuildings/

So, if anyone has any questions about mold/fungi illness or indoor mold then you might want to check that yahoo group out.

That group seems to be Lyme friendly because there are few people on that group that have chronic Lyme Disease plus mold.

Posts: 1223 | From U.S.A | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snailhead - If you want a second opinion, I believe there a place you can send samples from your house to have analyzed. You put out petri dishes & send them to a lab for analysis.

I think the place is in NJ. You may want to do a search for mold, air samples, lab, etc. on google.

We moved - so, I didn't investigate it too much. It wasn't just for mold issues. There were other concerns about our old place.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the dreaded mold gene..We took our daughter to the author of Mold Warriers...For help with Lyme but he did tons of tests, including some genetic things and he pretty much had tunnel vision that everything was Mold..

I would recommend him to anyone that was willing to jump thru a lot of hoops and wanted some answers. But I was not happy by the way we were treated.

He said that many have the mold gene which makes them suceptiple to getting a systemic infection from exposure to mold and that approx. 1/4 of the population also has a gene that makes it harder to detox.

My daughter has both, plus TBDs.

Regarding the testing..There are companies that do this but we just bought some kits at a Home Depot or Lowes..Can't remember which now..It was put in a petri dish and then sent off. My husband did the test so I am not sure of the exact proceedure.

And yes, if you can smell it, you know it is there. Good luck . lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes!

Even without Katrina, due to our temps and humid conditions,

We can grow mold here without trying.

Most people down here have to "gut" their houses.

Sometimes homeowners will pay for it unless you have a "mold exclusion" policy.

Which everyone here now has attached to their home owner's policy.

Thanks Katrina.

I lived in half a house for over 2 years.

One side was open due to the hurricane and tornadoes.

When I had to walk over there (to find stuff)

I could see black mold on lots of things.

It would make me instantly sick.

When we moved into our new house last June,

It was such a relief physically.

No more "instant" illness.

Throw everything away you can with mold on it.

Down here, we use a bleach/water solution.

So sorry my friend.

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

re: About the dreaded mold gene..

I was doing some research on genetic testing & health issues. Seems that this area is open to alot of fraud. There are many companies who do genetic testing but the field is very new.

The correlation between genes & health problems is not very advanced. I don't know if doctors like Dr. Shoemaker or Dr. Yasko are accurate about their assessments about genetics & illness.

You also have to be very careful who gets to have access to the genetic data after the test is done.

You have to be very careful of this to protect yourself against future discrimination by employers, insurance, etc. Several companies can sell genetic information from your gene tests which is an area that needs some consideration - in my opinion.

For further info check - http://www.etcgroup.org/en/

I would just assume that you can become ill from exposure to mold or other toxins. I'm not sure if one person has it worse than anyone else. It may be the case, but there's just not enough research about this to know what may be able to change this.

In some cases, people can be over reactive of this issue. People have been around mold for thousands of years. It's just that when we are around mold, toxins, pathogens, stress - we can become overly susceptible. I don't think it's an issue of genetics - but I might be wrong.

Our immune system can't handle everything. I agree that it's dangerous, especially in the case where there is flooding or if you are ill from Lyme or other diseases.

I hope you can find a way to treat this situation, bejoy. It must be very stressful. I would say to move but it seems like that would be too difficult.

It may be necessary but your have to give it some thought. We were renters - so, it wasn't a big deal other than the inconvenience of moving.

Lover11
Member # 19686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lover11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh goodness I just found mold in our babies bassinet!!!
It was under the board so I wouldve never known...
Thank god he hadnt been sleeping in it!

We had a MAJOR mold problem that spread from the bathroom into our bedroom & sunroom. Under our bed was BLACK.
Thats what you get for living in San Francisco in an old dark 1914 house.
Fortunately the apartment upstairs we moved into is much more open but I still feel like theres somethin' lurkin........

Posts: 48 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Here's an interesting study on the accuracy of mold mycotoxin testing.

http://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/10/4/1465

http://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/10/4/1465/pdf

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that we should be able to handle this!

Mold is a natural part of out environment.

Do you think a bear sneezes or sleeps because of the mold outside of his hollowed out tree?

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

I am so fortunate that the mold in my house will be fairly easy to contain.

As I said, most of it was in cardboard boxes of books and outdated papers, and some clothing and old boxes of fabric, piles of old insulation, etc.

Most of that has been moved out, although it has left it's deadly residue dusted throughout our dwelling.

Some things still need to be saved, and washed out. I am afraid, but will do it as safely as possible. I may put some of it in a big plastic box and direct ozone into it.

We have NO mold, as far as I can tell, crawling underneath the wallpaper, or climbing up the drywall. If so, we'd be gutting or moving, for sure.

For those of you with mold in the structure of your house, I say go after it aggressively, and with great care, or move and sell it to a contractor who can afford to gut it.

I think it has to be fully sealed off with plastic, and under strong negative air pressure ventilation.

Living in mold, especially stachybotrys black mold, is a long slow death, or at least death of the life you had hoped for.
---------------------------------------------

With self-consternation, I took the HEPA air filter out of my daughter's room last night, and put it in mine.

I also got out my lovely essential oil kit, and muscle tested for a nice immediate remedy for feeling better.

I came up with Myrrh, an antifungal/antibacterial, which I put on a tissue and breathed into the lungs. It helped both physically and mentally to have this comfort.

For the first time in over a week, I slept through the night, and didn't wake up in serious pain and coughing. (My daughter seems okay, by the way. My room may be worse, I don't know.)

I plugged in an oil space heater, and turned on the gas fire place. We're not using the furnace for now, that blows basement squack.

I'm having a pretty darn good day today.
---------------------------------------

I ordered my ozone generator yesterday. I'm getting a "MaxBlaster." It cost $375. plus attachments and shipping. They seem to be, as advertised, the strongest machine for the price on the market. Besides, they are nice.

It's so interesting to me. I've done searches on all the mold discussion groups I can find, and on all the websites I can find. They all say not to use ozone - that it is dangerous and toxic to humans, and that it will ruin your gaskets.

I don't get it. Ozone is used industrially, even to treat food packing plants against molds. It's used to shock treat restaurants and bars for smoke and odors. It's used sucessfully to treat FDA approved grains that have mold and mycotoxin exposure.

As far as I can tell, very few of the people posting not to use ozone shock treatment have tried it.

One post I found said that they had a bad lingering odor from oxidation breakdown of foam pillows and carpet padding. They were going to have to get rid of those items.

I have read reports, but not first hand, that it can bleach your carpets or furniture. I have no carpet, and figure that if it bleaches my furniture, that's better than leaving mold in there.

Other posts have talked about lung irritation and health problems arising from using ozone "air-fresheners" while people are present in the dwelling.

So again, I'm getting rid of all the moldy items and mold build up, then I'll do an ozone shock treatment to break down the remaining spores and mycotoxins.

My plan is one section of the house at a time - front of house, back of house, basement, then attic. Then the cars, which I know are moldy in the carpet.

You may read and find out in the future that I have had minor disasters, and have had to replace my refrigerator gasket, and that my faucets are leaking, and that I have thrown away a foam backed area rugs.

I'll deal with that if it happens. If so, it will be cheaper than the supplements I have had to take to stay on my feet.

I doubt that will really be an issue, though. We had our place ozoned after we bought it, due to lingering pet and cigarette smoke odors.

It worked fine, with no bad after effects. We had to pull out a wall board that had been cat peed on a bunch, but it took away all other odors. Seems similar to a mold approach, to me.

I'm really excited to find out how well this works.

--------------------
bejoy!

bejoy
Member # 11129

My mold symptoms seem to be different from lyme in the following ways:

lyme - joint and back pain
mold - fibro type muscle pain

lyme virus - meningitis, can't think or make sense of anything, amnesia, complete brain fatigue
mold - a little fuzzy, can't come up with some words or remember some facts

lyme virus - migraine-type headache and neck pain
mold - burning feeling in my head, and headaches

lyme - general overwhelming fatigue
mold - fatigue in the house, more energy when I leave it.

mold (not lyme) symptoms - coughing, sores in my nose, burning skin, scratchy voice, nausea, instinctual-like avoidance and fear of basements and damp or moldy places

--------------------
bejoy!

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Good luck with this & keep us posted.

I am doing some research on ozone for medicinal purposes. It seems very interesting!

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you have to deal with this, bejoy, but I think you have a good plan. And I certainly learned a lot on this thread already, especially about ozone and ozone generators!

I wouldn't trust the `air sample' - Petri dish testing. I did that and it came up negative for any mold. BUT, when I took an actual sample from the dark spots in the ceiling drywall close by, it tested positive for viable Stachybotrys and one or two other less-noxious molds.

All black mold is not Stachybotrys, and sometimes there are strains mixed together. It's hard to know what you are dealing with without doing a test. And hard to do a test if you can't actually see the mold! I think test kits now are better than they used to be.

There's a Shaklee product - the old name was Basic G (germicidal). It seems to work really well on black mold that I used to get in this one sink drain (had the drain and pipe replaced). Plus, if my kitchen dishcloth that I use for counter-wiping gets stinky from staying wet too long, I just spray this stuff on there and it kills whatever causes the smell. Same with the chamois-type cloth I keep in my shower to wipe down the shower walls every day. It kills the mold until I can get the item into the washing machine. Except for bleach, I've never seen another product do that.

Anyway, for those things that can't be wiped down with bleach that you REALLY want to save, you might consider muscle testing this product to see if it will do the job and not harm anything.

Also, I wonder if Thieves essential oil blend (Young Living) would do it? I sprayed a very dilute form of that all over some remedies and boxes I got from overseas (because another person said she could smell mold in hers and threw them out) and then let them sit out in open air, and I haven't had any kind of reaction to using them or handling the bottles or the boxes or anything. And there is no longer any smell.

Thieves oil is a blend of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon bark, Eucalyptus, Rosemary. Supposedly, it was used by a group of 15th-century robbers to protect themselves from contracting the Plague when they robbed the bodies of the dead and dying. Pretty disgusting, but the Plague wasn't the only thing they encountered in those situations.....

I've used very diluted Thieves oil for years to fend off stuff like colds and flu when I know I've been exposed. Oh, I just checked - Thieves is one of 2 oil blends recommended for mold in my Essential Oil book. The other oil blend is Purification. Single oils listed are Cedarwood, Lemongrass, Lemon, Thyme and Oregano.

Something to consider about current home construction practices:
I found out last summer that it is now `code' to vent bathroom vents directly into the attic! Can you believe that? Supposedly, the vents in the attic roof are supposed to take care of any moisture problems..... In certain climates, that just isn't going to happen.

The combination of wood/cellulose and a reliable source of moisture is the perfect recipe for mold. The old code required venting of bathroom fans to the outside, either through the wall or through the roof. With all the mold issues that are showing up these days, you'd think somebody in the construction industry would figure out that this practice could be a recipe for disaster.

One other thought: If you are worried that there might be mold lurking in your basement dirt, you could cover it with plastic sheeting. This is also an effective barrier for the most dangerous kinds of radon gas in case that might be a problem.

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, just a probable dumb question...

If we cover surfaces with plastic, isn't it contributing to more mold growth?

Great info on young living oils, Tracy.

Where did you purchase yours? I find it difficult to find them here.

I think the best blend ever I used for moving metals was a Young Living oil from a sample I got from my naturopath (but she hasn't bought it, she just got it from someone else). I would love to have it again, as rubbed, it worked much better than anything else I ingested...

If you have any suggestion where to buy these blends, I'll be thankful.

Have you tried producing homeopathics with them, Tracy? I wonder if they would still work for colds / flu.

Interesting that they can kill mold!

--
Bejoy, good luck with your ozone experiences. Let us know! You can test energetically to see how harmful or beneficial this is!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Thanks ladies. I may have sent you an email before reading these.

About Essential Oils:

Young Living has some wonderful products. They used to have a reputation as the best oils available, but their reputation went downhill after they went MLM.

Now it seems they sometimes dilute, and mix their essential oils with other fragrances. I can't say for sure if this is true, but that's what I've read. I'm not keen on buying network marketing products anyway, so sadly I have stayed away.

I bought oils from some other reputable organic companies, but can mix up a Thieves or Purification blend.

I have been using Myrrh inhaled for the last two days, and it did seem to help my lungs quite a bit. I stopped coughing. I guess the ancients knew how to kill a fungus.

Today what tests best out of the oils kit is clove, cinamon, lemongrass, orange, marjoram, cedarwood, and eucalyptus. Very similar to the blends you suggested.

I'm picky about mixing things that smell good together, so I probably won't use all these at once.

I wonder what's in the Shaklee. Do you think it has Borax? I think I'll mix up a cleaner with Borax and tea tree, just for fun.

Our basement is all lined in plastic. It came that way when we bought the house. I've read that mold doesn't grow very well on bare dirt, unless some sort of medium has been spilled on it.

Bottom line, though, is to get the mold out of the house, and clean the air, then clean it out of my body, and deal with any remaining allergic responses.

--------------------
bejoy!

bejoy
Member # 11129

We ozoned our house over the weekend. We did a total of about 20 hours with a 16,000 mg/hr machine.

Many thanks to Sparkle, for having suggested this solution.

We did it in sections to get the highest concentration possible in each area. We got someplace else to stay while doing this all weekend.

Physical results:

No more musty smell anywhere in the house. A tiny trace of musty odor in the basement, where it used to be strong.

Today I have no headache, my face is less red, and I don't have a hacking cough in the house.

Both my husband and I slept well all last night.

Muscle testing tells me this:

I can find NO more mold anywhere in the house (keep in mind that our mold problem wasn't in carpets or drywall, mainly in storage that was removed, and general basement mustiness.)

I do find mycotoxins still in the house, some on surfaces, and some airborn, but at a lower level than before we ozoned. It seems to me that the heat ducts are still bringing some up from the basement where the concentrations were highest.

My plan is to get a dehumidifier, and dry the basement completely. It's not wet down there, but somewhat damp because it has been raining here for a couple of weeks.

I'll dry out the air as much as I can, then do another ten hour session in the basement, keeping it open to the rest of the house, and running the heater on a low temp. Ozone is supposed to work better in dryer situation, and in the cold.

In the mean time I'm running a HEPA air filter full time, and I may get another.

No negative effects noticeable from the ozone. No bleaching of carpets or upholstery, or ruining rubber, or anything of that sort that I can find.

An interesting result is that we have killed about 15 spiders on the walls since yesterday. Ozoning a section at a time seems to have driven them out of hiding, rather than killing them, and put them on the move.

I think this 20 hour ozone session solved most of the problem, but we still have a little way to go to get rid of all the mycotoxins.

I'm hopeful that this is going to change all our lives! My husband says he will "do anything to help me get better." I say that as far as our house is concerned, I'm just the canary in this coal mine.

--------------------
bejoy!

bejoy
Member # 11129

I should also mention that I am taking several products to help me deal with mold, yeast, fungus, and mycotoxins, and to help me clear them from my body.

I'm currently taking Oregano Oil, Neem leaf capsules, and two different homeopathics for clearing mold pathogens from my body, and for reducing my sensitivity to them.

--------------------
bejoy!

Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, but I haven't read all the replies and I don't mean to take over a thread. I have a big mold issue in my house. We've been looking for a house for months and months. Now that I have the Lyme thing to deal with, I don't know if we can afford to buy a house. I don't know what we're going to do. Makes me sad to read it's a big issue. [Frown] I already knew this... but it still makes me sad and I just had to say so.

--------------------
Never doubt in darkness what the daylight proves to you.

Posts: 418 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Wow. That's great it helped!

Ozone may be good for other health problems, too. Can you put an attachment on your ozone machine to make ozonated oils or use it for other health purposes?

Also, you may want to check into someone to clean out your home air ducts. I saw an ad for a place that does that here. Then, you can run the ozone through them. I don't know if it will be necessary in your case.

Interesting about the spiders...

bejoy
Member # 11129

Jasmin, I'm sorry to hear about your mold problem.

Sorry to say, mold in your house can be synergistic with lyme. It can knock down your immune system and make it more difficult to treat your lyme, so it is a really good idea to get this managed.

In addition, mold in your house can sometimes mimic lyme symptoms, making it tricky to know what you are treating.

If you don't move, perhaps you can get your house cleaned and ozonated. At least you can get a HEPA air filter and run it in your bedroom. That makes a world of difference!

Big HEPA filters are probably best, but Costco has a good little one for about $100. that can really help.

--------------------
bejoy!

billclo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for billclo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sparkle7:
You also have to be very careful who gets to have access to the genetic data after the test is done.

You have to be very careful of this to protect yourself against future discrimination by employers, insurance, etc. Several companies can sell genetic information from your gene tests which is an area that needs some consideration - in my opinion.

If one were to have this done, you might consider using a false name, false contact info, and pay cash. There is NO reason for your genetic info to make it's way into the insurance co records, nor the Medical Information Bureau's records.
Posts: 131 | From PA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Here is a link to a good article on household mold:

http://www.allergyescape.com/toxic-mold.html

--------------------
bejoy!

emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

A documentary film entitled "Black Mold Exposure" has just recently been released.

http://www.blackmoldexposuremovie.com/blackmoldmovietrailer.html

http://www.blackmoldexposuremovie.com/aboutblackmoldmovie.html

This film discusses the controversy surrounding toxic mold induced illness, it's diagnosis and it's treatment.

It is the "Under Our Skin" of mold induced illness.

[ 04-28-2009, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: emla999/Lyme ]

Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Thanks Bejoy, for this info. I think I might just send my samples off to the Texas lab; seems cost effective and may give some good info. Thanks again.
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent news, Bejoy!

I'll have to remember the ozone thing whenever I get around to dealing with my mold issue. Mine will require ripping out most of a small bathroom and the flooring beneath, I think. But maybe ozone treatment would help `mop up' a lot of residual issues.

Oops, Selma - I guess I didn't see your earlier post....

Young Living oils are sold by individual distributors. I think I am still a distributor, but it's been years since I tried to order anything. [Smile]

Here's a website that apparently takes European orders through an office in the UK - there may be others but I just did a quick search:

http://www.therealessentials.com/order.html

I suspect that there are distributors in Switzerland or Germany - perhaps a Web search in the proper language would turn up something.

I never thought about making homeopathic remedies from the oils, Selma! Very interesting idea..... in the case of the Thieves Oil, when I put it in the spritzer with a lot of water, my guess is that it's basically a 1C potency! Maybe I should succuss it about 100 times and it might work even better! Thanks for the idea!

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
emla999/Lyme

ACK! Thanks for the links.

I've known about mold for a while. What got me was watching Doug Kaufmann's show. He showed verses from the Bible that seem to be talking about mold. This was my light bulb moment.

Does anyone know of other ancient traditions concerning mold/mildew?

--------------------

Posts: 418 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SLOTHLOVE
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOTHLOVE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh wow..i'm glad this post showed up when it did. i live in a 7 year old "eco-friendly" small apartment bldg. to make it short i discovered black mold inside my washer, in my various sink drains...

the maintenance guy said all outgoing drains/pipes will always have black mold in them due to soap residue etc. adn that i don't have a "black mold issue" in my apt. (but I wonder if they are checking teh other apts, pipes, walls etc)

but i asked the mgmt office what could be done about it...i was requesting a mold inspection by an outside person (not maintenace). the mgmt office said the head of maintenance adn the head of engineering will meet. I was told i was hear something about their plan yesterday afternoon. didn't happen.

over the weekend i turned on teh central AC cos my dogs were hot, and my whole apartment stunk up like mildew/mold/stagnant musty water smell. eek!! i'm afaid its in there too.

my laundry room is across teh living room from my bathroom. when they swapped out my old washer with a new one, the bathroom had the same overpowering smell. awful.

i know nothign about black mold really except the basics. and here i am sitting in (confined to) my apartmetn knowing there's black mold around. scary.

my dentist/detox specialist got concerned when i told him about the black mold and said "someone in your health condition CANNOT be living somewhere with black mold. you have to move." so now..on top of all my ohter treatments, i need neurotoxin treatment for mold toxicity. but can't do that until the mold situation here is resolved.

ay yay yay...doens't it seem like when we feel like we are makig progress with recoverig from lyme, yet another thing comes along to impede our recovery?

Posts: 148 | From Berkshire County, MA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Jasmin,

One ancient tradition regarding mold that I know about is the VERY old method of food preparation called Nixtamalization .

http://tinyurl.com/cssh2s

http://tinyurl.com/cgnsbp

Most grains can potentially become infected with fungi/mold. And thus grains can potentially be contaminated with toxic mold mycotoxins.

Nixtamalization removes mold mycotoxins from grains and makes the grains safe to eat and more nutritious as well.

The nixtamalization of grains dates back to at least 3,500 years ago.

emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

CNN news anchorwoman battles toxic mold:

http://tinyurl.com/dgdbeo

Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Thanks for the links. [Smile] I new about the tradition of nixtamalization to prevent pellagra, but had no idea that it dealt with micotoxins as well.

--------------------

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

just removed some more carpet in the basement.

Wet it down with borax and water, then I cut it out and put it in bags, then bleached the concrete.

EVERYTHING IS CLEAN. NO MORE DUST DOWN THERE.

Im almost done.

Borax is a miracle@ and its cheap! Its like 2-3 dollars for a huge box.

Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Now that sounds like something to be proud of, lymeHerx001!

--------------------

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Really interesting about Nixtamalization... I never heard of it before.

Looks like it's time for some Thieves Blend, Tracy!

Also, this product may help with mold. I never tried it, though (I don't sell it, either).

Matrix Microbes 4fl.oz

Matrix Microbes consists of a wide variety of effective, beneficial, non-pathogentic aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms cultured in diluted molasses that are mutually compatible with one another.

Matrix Microbes is produced through a natural fermentation process and not chemically synthesized or genetically engineered.

Matrix Microbes has the potential to suppress putrefactive microorganisms and re-establish a healthy sustainable microbial balance.

Recommended Use: Spray into air around home and office 2-4 times a week to reduce molds, pathogens, and bacteria and promote healthy microorganisms in the air.

Household cleaner- for use in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry, and to assist in the control of malodors. Topically- to aid with troubled skin, rashes, acne.

Dilution: Add one teaspoon Matrix Microbes to 2oz of water in a spray bottle, or 2oz of Matrix Microbes into a 1 liter spray bottle.

We suggest that you consult a licensed physician if you have any health problems and you require a medical diagnosis or medical advice or treatment.

Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For all matters that relate to your health, please contact your physician.

PRICE: $28.00

http://stores.homestead.com/BiopureHealingProducts/Detail.bok?no=15

bejoy
Member # 11129

I'm going to order some Matrix Microbes. It makes so much sense. It is probiotics for your house!

Congratulations LymeHerx!

And yes, I have started using Borax around here. I cleaned some squack out of my shower with it.

My body so much prefers scrubbing with Borax instead of chlorine or other nasty chemicals. That's the reason the scum is in there - I'm afraid of the cleaning products.

Sorry to hear about your apartment, StJohn. Yup, sounds like you better get out. It's possible that mold could even be a major cause of your health issues. If it looks like black mold and smells like black mold...

Have you heard about Ergot and the Salem witch trials? There is strong evidence that Ergot mold in the rye supply caused the neuro symptoms and LSD-like halucinations associated with Salem witchcraft.

One more thing to look at: FNG from Deseret Biologicals has been really helpful to me in dealing with a strong reaction to molds and mycotoxins. Used with Systemic Drainage, it is helping me clear my body of these contaminants, too.

Gotta watch for heavy metal dumping, just as with clearing candida. Mercury bonds to fungals, and when you kill them off they can dump mercury into your body, which you have to mop up with chlorella or something.

--------------------
bejoy!

Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Hmmm.... Matrix Microbes...

I am now reminded of a trend on one of my email groups to use a product that was abreviated EM. I think that stands for efficient microbes, but I'm not sure. They said that a country, maybe Japan, has been using this stuff to clean up polluted rivers.

--------------------

bejoy
Member # 11129

Update on the mold issue:

This ozone generator is phenomenal! It is working wonders!

I had been told by two local experts who I like and respect that ozone will not help my house. I was told that the only way to remediate is to wipe down every single surface in the entire house with disinfectant, to seal off the dirt basement and dig it out, and to throw away whatever porous items can't be washed in the machine. Incorrect.

I have now pumped 16,000 mg/hr of ozone into my house for a total of 30 hours. We have had to vacate the house for most of this time.

I no longer have the barking cough, nausea and flu symptoms, burning skin, brain fog, overwhelming fatigue, rages, and headaches.

I still have some muscle aches, and mild to moderate fatigue, and am having to treat and detox mold and toxins within my body. Muscle testing says I am carrying Aspergillis and Penicillium, among others.

Energy testing is not showing need to treat lyme or co-infections at this time, so my immune system is handling whatever lyme I may still be harboring.

After ozoning the first time, I got a pretty serious toxic reaction. I was really out of sorts, and got congested liver and kidneys.

I'm not sure why, but I can guess. I know we did not air out the house enough after doing our living area and bedrooms. The house smelled strongly of ozone and chemicals when we came home late, turned off the machine, opened the windows, and went to bed.

The toxic reaction I had was probably two things: 1) breathing in off-gassing from foam rubber and plastics, and 2) breathing in and skin absorbtion of ozone.

I'm pretty sure that I took in a fair amount of ozone through the skin and lungs, and that it killed off all manner of nasty things, and I got a bad herx.

Now I'm thinking more about using the ozone generator purposely for personal health use. But if I do, first I need to detox more.

Before ozoning we cleaned out anything possible we thought that mold might have been growing in. I think this was necessary for the ozoning to be really effective. I still am not confident that ozone would do much with moldy wall board or carpet pad.

After ozoning the first time I was still having a reaction. I found some more mold under some rugs still left in the basement, got rid of them, and ozoned again.

Yesterday I had enough energy to wash all the window inside and out. This has not happened since we moved into the house over ten years ago. I've been too ill. Things are looking up!

I still have a bit of a project to do in the house. I'll bet the book shelves need an extra go, since they contain books recently brought up from the basement. I'll throw a tarp over them and pump in ozone.

I noticed that I got a mold reaction to my daughter's down comforter last night. I'm going to put it in a big plastic box, and pump ozone into the box. That should do it.

I also ozoned both our cars. I wondered why I get so sleepy and sometimes so confused when driving. I think mold might have been a big part of the problem! We had had a leaky gasket on the back window, and the carpet was always wet. (Now repaired.)

Next, I need to do my office. I don't know if I dragged mold in there, if my clients did, or if the building just has it because the roof leaks on my carpet. But I react pretty strongly in there too. Hopefully tonight, then I'll be done with this business.

This has been $400. very well spent. I already have a few people interested in renting the machine, so I may even recoup the investment.

I strongly encourage anyone affected my lyme to consider a possible mold issue. Mold depresses the immune system severely, making it difficult to fight lyme and coinfections.

In addition, treating lyme with antibiotics while living in mold is a sure way to grow mold within the body. Mold symptoms are so similar to lyme that it is hard to tell the difference.

Wishing you the best of health, my friends.

--------------------
bejoy!

Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Thanks for the update. I'm afraid my house isn't worth salvaging. [Frown] I'm glad that this is helping your house, and more importantly your health! [Smile]

Has anyone reading this treated lyme with antibiotics while living in a moldy house?

--------------------

Brussels
Member # 13480

Great Bejoy!!! Youhou!!!

I also did ozone in a tooth with root canal and another alive, that was beside that root canal tooth this MOnday.

I was very skeptical, but I think it IS working. I don't know if it'll be a permanent solution as have cavitation in the jawbones and an almost necrosed tooth to heal there...

Anyway, I'm glad for you!!!

sparkle7
Member # 10397

EM stands for Efficient Microbes... Matrix Microbes may have some aspects of EM...?

There's alot of good info about EM on the internet. I don't have time to post a link right now. It's very useful stuff.

Good to hear it's working out well, bejoy. I've heard about ozone for a long time now. I never tried it.

Just be aware that the liver & kidneys have to process all the junk your body may be exposed to. Give them lots of support. The liver is quite resilient. You may not know that the liver needs help until it's pretty far gone.

Just my experience...

bejoy
Member # 11129

I can't sleep, so thought I'd post an update.

Today I threw out the plants. Very sad, as I have had most of them a long time and they are quite healthy. I didn't want to do it, but just took them all out to the trash all at once, and pitched them.

I came to the conclusion that they have mold in the soil, and there is no way to get rid of it without killing the plant. After all this, I don't want to have these little breeding grounds throughout the house, that I know must be carrying all the strains I react to.

I'll get new plants, and probably shine some UV on the soil after I get them to give me some piece of mind.

Today I ozoned more stuff. I got a large plastic box, filled it with stuff, and pumped ozone into it through a tube.

I did a down comforter, some heavy quilts, all our pillows, all the stuffed animals, and the baskets and some ceramic pots that the plants had lived in.

Then I threw a tarp over the bookshelves and ozoned each of them for about an hour and a half each.

These were all in rooms that had previously been treated, but I was still getting a mild reaction to some of the items.

Tomorrow I plan to pump ozone into the washer and the dryer. My face gets a little hot and red while doing laundry, so I have a feeling about them.

Last year we got rid of our old washer and dryer because we knew they were moldy. Even my husband felt sick when opening the dryer, and he doesn't tend to notice or acknowledge this kind of thing.

Now I understand why laundry used to exhaust me, and took me all weekend to do as my one and only activity.

I'm using oregano oil to kill mold in my body, and seaweed to soak up the mycotoxins. I also exposed myself to plenty of ozone today, that is prbably working in my body.

I'm also doing plenty of liver, kidney, and lymph drainage and support.

I need to learn more about how to manage the toxins and get them out. I have achey fibro tonight that feels like I had a heavy workout at the gym, but have not lifted much for a while. Took ibuprophen, but still can't sleep.

I still have not read Schumakers book, the classic on mycotoxins. If anyone has suggestions about how to get the toxins out, I'm all ears.

--------------------
bejoy!

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

bejoy...so glad things are turning around..Just be careful in case there is danger from too much exposure to the ozone..

The first time we went to see shoe, he suggested a room air filter that had ozone. Later he said absolutely not..Not sure what the danger is but just be careful..

The plants are probably a good thought. I put mine out in the summer and bring inside in the fall. I am bringing in mold annually. Some debunk this mold crap but I don't think they live with it.

Outside the mold is in check with other things but not inside. Continue improving. lmt

bejoy
Member # 11129

Thanks for the warning, lmt. I'm doing my best to be careful not to inhale much 03. I know it can be a serious lung irritant. But just being around it is probably having an effect.

I can understand not using the ozone air filters. I would not want to breathe it constantly. Also, it degrades rubber and plastic, so you would constantly be living in off-gassing noxious materials.

Come to find out, our hot tub has an ozone generator in it. My husband knew, I didn't. It is not very strong, as we still have to put in chlorine from time to time.

My hot tub has been a powerful detoxer and treatment agent for me over the last couple of years. I assumed it was just the heat, but perhaps it has been the ozone too.

I'm ozonating my washing machine today. It douses as having mold in it, and smells a bit like it too. I'm hoping an hour will do it, and not degrade the belts and gaskets.

Then I'm re-doing the living room, where all my plants have lived while I did the rest of the house. Still a mild reaction in there.

I've been told again by those with expert experience that this ozone "doesn't work." Perhaps they had more or different molds and mycotoxins in the house. Perhaps their sensitivities were stronger and more devastating.

I was worried about my "fibro" symptoms the other day...then I remembered that I had hauled about 200 pounds of cement chunks out of the crawl space and up the stairs. Maybe it was just a little normal soreness after all.

Still not ready to spray the Matrix Microbes, but that's next after the living room, and one more round in the corner of the basement that was the dampest, and now has gotten aired out.

After all this my plan is:

Homeopathic treatment made from air sample collection

Biophoton treatment with homeopathic to reduce allergy response and stimulate immune system to eliminate specific mold and toxins from the body

General allergy treatment through antibodies collected from saliva and made into homeopathic remedies

I don't expect to remove every single last microbe and toxin from my environment, but I do intend to retrain my body to be able to handle the normal amount that most people can expect to be healthy in.

I'm not running marathons yet, but my windows are clean, and I think I'll do the floors today. Something is working.

--------------------
bejoy!

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is vital that people understand that high levels of ozone (O3), if BREATHED, is extremely toxic to our lungs and can kill us!

A UVB light is also capable of destroying MANY pathogens, but is obviously also very dangerous to us.

That "blue" wavelength is very powerful and very dangerous and is the one that can trigger skin cancer.

Many moons ago, when I was a nurse, if a patient had a communicable disease and was placed in strict isolation...

when they left the hospital, the room was sealed off and a sterilizing unit was run for several hours. I remember it left a white powder on everything.

Go here:

http://www.negativeiongenerators.com/naturalair.html

Scroll down to #21.

The ozone layer in our atmosphere helps to protect us from very harmful "rays".

There is a little ozone in our lower atmosphere where it loves to combine with fossil fuels (car exhaust) triggering an "ozone alert"...esp. for those who already have a hard time breathing (asthma, etc.)

Gamma irridation is the "ultimate"(penetrates everything) and this form is used to sterilize medical equipment.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Sounds like things are coming along nicely, bejoy.

I wondered about using UV light, too. That's what is used in those big commercial Reverse Osmosis water purification machines. And if you think about it, do you ever see mold growing anyplace where there is direct sunlight?

UV light can degrade fabrics and other substances eventually, but I don't know how much exposure it takes for that to happen. There wouldn't be any residual gas to worry about.

You would also see any place in the room where your pets may have urinated - I remember using a black light to find areas where a cat had sprayed when my friends bought a house a few years ago. [Smile]

UV light might not deal with neutralization of mycotoxins, though. As I understand them, mycotoxins aren't something `alive', so there's nothing to kill. The mycotoxin issue seems to be a separate problem, and using fans and negative pressure is probably the best way to get rid of the mycotoxins.

--------------------
Tracy

AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for starting this Bejoy & others for info.
Power failure caused sump pump to fail & my basement is now swampland. [Frown]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement