LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Feel Like Giving Up....... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Feel Like Giving Up.......
kreynolds
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15117

Icon 9 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the subject tells it all.

Most of you know that I have been in the hospital for 18 days out of the month with many questions unanswered.

I was discharged from 2 hospitals. One found Mitral Valve regurgitation and the other Addisons Disease.

I also have Bart, Babs, and Mycoplasma and just recently found out my son has a postive band 41, a low CD57 (36) and a postive Bartonella test.

I was discharged on Tuesday after being in the hospital for 13 days.

I was thinking about going back tonight because I can barely breathe, my legs are giving out on me, I'm extemely dizzy and the same darn shooting pains in my heart are getting worse. IM 23!!!!

My blood pressure is now 160/101 when all through this disease it has been 120/80.

I called both hospitals and the hospital that I was discharged from on Tuesday said to go to my local ER because they heard me having trouble breathing.

I am DONE.......... What am I to do???? Go back and deal with the same quacks I dealt with before for them to only discharge me again????

All I know is that there IS a problem that hasn't been found besides the Lyme. I guess I'm just crazy........

I feel like cashing in.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please go to the hospital.

Let them give you something to lower your blood pressure.

Don't cash in.

I know this has been a horrible time for you and your family.

Sending you prayers and Angels to give you peace and healing.

Please don't wait to go to the hospital.

What would your little boy do without you?

Please.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am SO sorry to hear this again. I pray they can help you. I agree with the other poster. You're life is too important to give up. I wish you the best.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roy,

Go to the ER if you are having trouble breathing.

What meds are you taking?

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too Many to name.... I'm done with it all

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're too young to cash in. Once you get squared away, you've got your whole life ahead of you. Geezers like me (60), have, what, ten maybe fifteen years.

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you are in a bad, bad place.

Go to the ER. Have them check you out.

Difficulty breathing and high blood pressure should be checked.

Don't give up. We're here for you.

You need to hang on.

Trust me when I say to you that there are many here who

Know how bad things can get.

However, we also know that things can and do get better.

You have to be around to see that happen.

Praying for you and your family.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They HAVE to help someone with high BP and difficulty breathing....Lyme, or no Lyme.

Please go and get checked out. They will likely admit you until the BP and breathing is taken care of.

I hope you have stopped all abx???? ( I am not a dr! ) This could be a severe herx..??

We love you and want you to go on!!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never thought about giving up until now. Was always positive, for my family.

It seems as though I need medical attention, but lack it when going to the ER.

WHY GO??? To tell me "it's just the Lyme" or "It's just the Addisons and Lyme"

"Oh and what about that NEW port that was put in, maybe thats the problem. Let us rip it out for you"

Been there done that. I'll sit in the ER for hours and probably, being at the point right now,flip a s*** and go bizurk at the doctors.

We all know how they work, why do it??? Maybe I'll stop breathing or my heart will give out, then maybe that will clarify things.

This post is by no means to get attention or the pitty from anyone. I'm downright in the dumps.

Too much pain with these new symptoms. By the way I havent herxed in 2 years. The meds I'm on now are no different than the ones I was on before.

If you call "cashing in" a herx, then so be it.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe try to stop your meds after you level off a bit. I'm not sure which ones you take that are necessities.

You may be poisoning yourself with too many drugs. Some people have adverse reactions to the drugs & they may become more ill than they are without them.

You may want to try a more natrupathic protocol... seems like the drugs aren't working.

Just a suggestion.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry you are feeling this way! Have a pity party if need be, you are entitled. I have been where you are and you like myself, you have a family that needs you. Please just get through today. You are stronger than this! I will pray for you and ask that you give this to god if it is too much for you.

If you do end up needing to go to the hospital I would try to go to one you haven't been to before and just play dumb about the Lyme. I always do and think I get treated better when I do. Also, if you are having trouble breathing they have to get you right in so play that up a bit if need be.

And as far the doctors try and remember they are going what they have been told. It is frustrating I know. They may at least give you something for the pain. I'm not sure what to say but please don't give up.

Take Care,
Ann

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roy,
I'm so sorry that you are down in the dumps. I think it would be unusual if you weren't feeling a bit stressed out and down after all you've been through recently.

You have a strong spirit and a wonderful family. You are intelligent. You can find solutions. I know it seems like an eternity of feeling so sick but give it time. You WILL get better and you WILL have many wonderful years ahead.

I had lyme disease for 50 years and had been sick off and on since age 5. Didn't know what was wrong. You KNOW what is wrong for the most part. You are young and can expect to get a lot better.

Please strongly consider getting something for depression if you aren't already taking something. If you are, consider talking to your doctor about some adjustments. Sometimes we just need a little help to get through these rough times.

Please keep in touch and let us know what happens with your breathing problem.

My love and prayers go out to you and your family.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

I feel like I'm breathing through a straw.

My heart feels like its being stabbed, I'm extremely dizzy and my legs feel like jello.

Everyone says to stay positive and I will get better, do you know that for sure?

I'm done with this bull****. I'm tired of fighting.

As far as the ER is concerned, I'd rather die then go to another one although it would be in my best interst to go.

But then again, are they going to admit me or just f*** around?

Maybe I should try every hospital in the Tri-State area.

There are only two others I would consider going to, but why should I have too???????

Why can't I go to the one thats 5 min away like I did before.

Ohh I forgot, they will think I'm crazy for coming in again.

F*** it all.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

Sounds like the doctors are JUST finding out what's wrong with you. Once they figure it all out, and get you on the right meds, and the right doses, im sure you will stabilize. Give this time...go back there and get help, make them figure it out. Yeah, the hospital isn't fun, but they've got to get your meds adjusted. Adrenal support is a huge deal, and it takes time to stabilize on meds.

Don't give up. Most of us have been in the same situation. Keep living, keep fighting, and know your not alone in your fight. [Smile] When I got to the point your at, I just started laughing at everything, trying to find the humor in the seemingly depressing. You'll be fine, you just need adjusting! Stay strong.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying again as the computer lost my first response.

First off I will say that it sounds like your babesia is acting up. If you have not done this yet in your treatment then it might make sense to try going after the babesia and bart (since both involve red blood cells) really hard and backing off on the Lyme meds. Hubby's current LLMD says to treat the most symptomatic infection the hardest.

I personally think that too aggressive treatment can actually weaken the adrenals further.

Second, I don't know your insurance or financial situation, but if you can afford it then I would suggest going to an ACAM doc. Maybe they could be your primary doc or just another consultant. To be honest most LLMD's just do not have enough time to fully address all the issues -- especially with the sicker patients.

http://www.acam.org

Hubby does much better when he uses a combination of alternative treatments (herbs, supplements, IV glutathione etc) and antibiotics. Anytime we focus too much on either antibiotics or alternatives he goes downhill. It is a balancing act for him.

Hubby has been where you are with the ER's and hospitals. They can drive you up a wall if you let them.

This is not medical advice, just my opinion based on hubby's experiences.

Hang in there.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kreynolds,

Have you treated for Parasites and Worms?..I had severe asthma for 40 yrs....many hospitalizations (via ambulance) for bronchitis, pneumonia, vomiting blood..

.had to be on oxygen at home...my point is when I got rid of a large number of parasites and worms, the lung problems left..Check out

www.lymephotos.com

This is EXACTLY what came pouring out of me.....Parasites and Worms are a MAJOR problem for Lyme sufferers...Sorry you are going through so much,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

[group hug] [kiss] roy, katie, and son: grouphug: [kiss]

roy, you've been to hell and back in the last 18 days; battling and battling to get answers; for them to listen to you and do pro-active things.

i know it gets so tiring to battle, battle, and battle!

what does katie say about this? somehow there is a silver lining, but only god can bring it out to the front lines.

don't give up roy; we are here to SUPPORT YOU, vent to, give inspirational sayings or our heartfelt words, and just be one of your LARGER, SUPPORTIVE FAMILIES/FRIENDS!

are there any other CLOSE BY HOSPITALS to go to or you out in the boondocks?

roy, i send you my prayers to overcome all this pain, advertsity, and the large amount of ducks that unfortunately run our hospitals.

KEEP EDUCATING THEM; don't let them pull the wool over YOUR young eyes. YOU know more than any of them will know in a lifetime. you've been there done that.

praying that your pain will go away and make tonight's sleep good and tolerable...

love you, bettyg [group hug] [kiss]

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sound like it could be uncontrolled hormones. Addisons syndrome is not easily controlled. It can go haywire for Lymies. Go to hosp. and get checked out. You are not crazy. And you can get better.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Please check in with us this am.

Very worried and concerned about you and how you are doing.

Prayers still coming your way.

Hugs,

Geneal

Alv
Unregistered

Please stay srong and hang in there.

I agree BARTONELLA and BABESIA need to be addresed.No Matter what you are taking as Antibiotic you can cover BART with hh ( IF YOU CAN afford them ) AND address BABS with at least MALARONE( artemisia SHOULD ALSO BE IN YOUR HANDS) that seems to cover most type even the fry bug.

Also I sugest you need to really take under the considerations NEMATODES that come with the tick bite...THEY are too large to travel in the body ...

I have had them moving into my veins and they would create Cloggs...Blott clotts....I could feel THEM AND and MY SON also .....( WE RECALL WE HAD taken tons of wobenzymes in th eboddy to keep our blood flow from hypercoagulation).

They need to be address as well as your BLOOD is thick enough from many infections that are in activated all at the same time .A STRONG COMBO that covers almost most important ones will make them beeing pushed in exstremeties and buy you time to keep some down whiel you eradicate the others..

IS going to take time.I have been there and I honestly HAVE NO IDEA how I survived...

My best COMBO was DRUGS ( tested from a ND ) that was most POSITIVE in my body and I recall $3000 dollars the first month only ( inspite of many detox I used to do before to keep myself alive and NO ONE in ER was touching me -they kept sending me home )to suport my organs and to keep all coinfections on hold.MY body shut totaly DOWN.

My brain WAS GONE a WHILE BEFORE THAT .So please do not give up just make a strong protocoll ( include herbs NO MATTER WHAT ..).If you can not afford them you can buy in 1st chinneseherbs.com and encapsule them yourself...and is very cheap...take high dosages ( hope you can find a ND that uses MUSCLE testing )

HH and artemisia ...should be THERE WITH YOU NON STOP ...even if in lower dosages to keep the main infections bart and babs out of floating in blood and have a party while you put some BORRELIA into cyst to buy the time.

I recall my adrenals were NUMBER one that felt due to high infection ...and MY KIDNEY that FELT totaly ...and I used to be in seisures....I feel like I was in a bad movie as is unbelivable what we go through !But you will make it!!

YOU NEED TO BE Strong for your SON.That is what kept me alive.Look at him and find your energy .That is where I found my strength wathching him sufering same way as I did .

kreynolds
Member # 15117

I barely slept, actually my wife and I slept in seperate places.

I am vicious. All the animosity. All the pain.

To everyone out there that NEEDS to know my meds here they are: (By the way they are not new to me)

IV Doxy 150mg 2x day
Oral Zith 500 mg a day
Mepron 1500mg day
Valium 10mg 2x day
Klonopin 1mg as needed
Serequil 25mg @ bedtime
Coreg 25mg 2x a day
Mag Glycinate 400 mg
Sublingual b 12
Nexium 40 mg 2x day
Lemectal 25mg 2x day
Hydrocortosone 20mg 2x day
Tindamax 500mg 2x day

There.... Was on Levaquin, but doc took me off recently. Was on and off for over a year.

The pain is still here, the only difference is I am still half asleep.

The pain will come, do I deal with it? I am so tired of this bull.

Really s**** gotta end.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

kreynolds
Member # 15117

Just called the "on call " doc again. Apparently he is saying no where in my blood works does it show Addisons Disease!

My doc disagrees with the Endo and the "on call" doc and is treating me with Hydrocortosone.

The question is even stronger now. What the hell is wrong with me, there has got to be something causing these intense symptoms.

I thought by leaving the hospital with at least the diagnosis of Addisons would be something.....

Now I question everything with no answers.

I don't know what to do. My doc is extremely bothered by me calling all the time because he doesn't want deal with it.

He doesn't want to deal with it because he doesn't have any answers. This is SCARY!

I'm afraid to call his office anymore.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't give up and you know that. It's not a very good option. We all know this illness is no picnic and getting help can be even harder. Have you read the post above about adrenal fatigue???

It's an excellent one and you can call that pharmacy and talk to them to learn more. I'm sorry that you are going thru hell. Easier said then done, but working yourself up like this will only make the

situation worse. Sometimes, a smart doctor will make an adrenal dx even if tests are border line just as smart doctors will do with thyroid dysfunction. Many people have thyroid problems that don't show up on blood work and a good doctor will dx based on symptoms just like a good LLMD will do with lyme.

Try as best as you can to relax and not work yourself up about this. If you have low cortisol levels you need to avoid stress and having low cortisol levels gives you very little ability to deal with stress.

There are no easy answers with this illness and all of the issues we face, lyme, co infections, adrenal problems, candida, thyroid problems, metal toxicity are long term health problems that take a long time to fix. You have to be patient and I know it is hard. Sometimes it just gets the better of you.

I wish it were other wise, truly I do.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JKMMC09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKMMC09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry for what you're going through. We've been there with my daughter, many times. She also has been in the hospital month. This is a horrible disease.

You are taking a lot of medications, the body metabolizes some medications through detox pathways in the liver, my daughter became very ill due to too many meds being processed through the p450 pathway.

You are on a lot of meds, perhaps it would be a good idea to back off on some of them for a bit (obviously, not the benzos/seizure meds, you don't want to go into withdrawl).

Please take care, I'm praying for you.

Posts: 371 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So was the hydrocortisone recently added? Maybe it's too high a dosage to begin with??

I take it too for adrenal fatigue. No problems, but you are very ill and in fragile shape right now.

Hang in there.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Kreynold I am not a doctor...but with all the symtoms you have ( it reminds myself ) ..I haev had to have antiparasitic with me and even drops created from MY ND to shut up all the viruses and herpes...as THEY were all exsloding..

Is there any way you can add the malarone instead of mepron and bactrim in there...READ Dr LYMEMD.It hit me later that BACTRIM azithromax , malarone and zithromax this two combos...that come as an asnwer to me consistantly and tested by MD ( that basicly are 3 drugs and you are alsready using ones )

For some reason this MEPRON does not cover all babesia strains..and IF you look up MALARONE....covers TOXAplasma GONDI as well and babesia strains...and any malaria ( by mousquito bites - no kidding read MICROWS topic MALARIA in NORTH AMERICA....it could be there)

Bactrim covers the gram negative bacteria in combo with zithro and you can add artemisin and HH also to cover the rest parasitic ( babesiosis) and bart...and you cover all the grounds..

I made it only on ORALS and I was IN SUACIDIAL stage.

If you also have RICKETSIA TYPHY that I found an article that can come with the TICK ( from W. Burgdoferi ) than you as BACTRIN works on it.

Also if you get pseudomonas in the BITE( check my last post please -do a search today ) BACTRIM covers them as well.

AGAIN I am not a doctor..and you need to talk to your own doctor ..my combo ( If I have had to go through it again ) will be.

DOXY ( or mino-better penetration ) covers lyme and ehrlichia
AZITHRO + BACTRIM =bart, pseudomonas, tuphy , babs
malarone +AZITHR=FRY BUG ( protozoa) toxaplsma gondi and any unidentified BABS

add some artemisin ( parasitic ) reinforce against babs

HH higher dosages reaches the brain BART

SOmething as BANDEROL pulsing to shut them up with viruses for the moment ( HIGH dosages ) pulsing
CYST buster ..up to you

I will also BE around the clock taking COLESTERAMINE to get this TOXINS out as soon as you can before you dump more toxins in your brain that is IN FIRE ...

I did the whole thing without paikillers ONLY HIGH DOSAGES of ENZYMES...that were up to 20 a day two times a day to keep my blood from clotting...

The rest will come once the BUGS are kind of in control ..and you become more stable...
Leter you can JUMP when you can tolerate on very high dosages of HH up to 20 ( I did 22 ) and ARtemisia ..again it will be fantastic if you have somebody to test you ( muscle test) .

ALSO BINDERS should be around..BUT ironicly will not let the malarone to concentrate..in liver...but you definitly need SOME IV glutathione if you can ( if your second phase of the liver is slower as mine as my son) ,....take also somthing to keep the parasites down..as they travel towards the brain ONCE lyme IS SO ACTIVE.

BEEN THERE myself.

ALSO look into this found this yesterday and ordered it already .

http://www.autismcoach.com/Folinic%20Acid.htm

it came LEUCOVORIN should be in there in my case

Than I searched and found something natural that really can help you detox

in my case it came up so HIGH to use for 3 months so my son while I am preparing to hit it myself and I TEST lately to hit FRY BUG/babs .

I wish you have somebody to test this for you .Please confirm any changes with your doctor ( I am not a doctor) .I am just sharing my eksperince .

kreynolds
Member # 15117

Thanks to all that replied. I think I found the solution to my vicious behavior, Lemectal.

I called my doc again and I DO have Addisons Disease as well.

Alv: I will certainly look in to Malarone along with Artemesia. I have been thinkin about switching from the Mepron for a while, but never have.

It's so difficult for me to comprehend what is going on this past month and last night and today it has finally hit me.

I stopped the Lemectal, I'll see if thats part of the reason for all the craziness. Although I do have Bart and Babs so maybe its just the Bart rage...

I am just frustrated, scared, and feel alone. Alone in the sense that no doctor knows whats going on besides the Lyme,Bart,Babesia,and Mycoplasma along with the Addisons Disease.

I am extremely concerned about my NEW symptoms. These past two years of being diagnosed I have learned to educate myself and adapt to the pain.

These new symptoms are overbearing. They are the exact same symptoms of Heart Failure.

I looked it up and BINGO, have all of them except the fluid in my lungs that I know of.

Who knows whats going on????? All I know is I NEED and answer for my own sanity.

I am beginning to hate almost every MD I see and laugh in there face.

They have a license to PRACTICE and thats what they are doing PRACTICING, on me, on you, like test rats.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you are right. It may well be that medication. While many of us need these medications, they all come with risks and side effects. I hope eliminating it gives you some relief.

I don't mean in any way to sound as if I am mocking you, but if you were really experiencing heart failure and you have had these symptoms for quite some time given that you were in the hospital for an extended stay,

your heart probably would have failed by now.

Many times we can have what appear to be cardiac symptoms that are coming from something else. It is the something else about Lyme that drives us nuts.

I may very well be the Addison's disease. Having low cortisol makes you feel like the walking dead and add lyme and co infections on top of it and you are going to feel like hell. Addisons, will make you panicky, nervous, anxious, and yes even give you feeling of heart problems. Some of it's symptoms include chest and abdominal pain among other things.

Hang in there [Big Grin]

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reach down deep inside and FIGHT.

Tell those germs they are NOT going to win.

Go to the ER...get medical help...for the BP and respiratory issues (elastase is to blame). Bb triggers our metalloproteinases to "pave the way". COPD sometimes happens in lyme.

Another biggie (metalloproteinase) is collagenase that happens.

And ask for HIS help too. HE is on your side.

You know who I am talking about.

Lamicital...that makes perfect sense!

Need to find a really good psychiatrist. One who is very up to date on the meds to be used to rebalance the neurotransmitters.

Tell him Bb absolutely needs sodium. Tell him Bb toxins prevent acetylcholine release. Tell him Bb uses glutamate (metabolizes)-> GABA. This is all documented. There are 5 dopamine receptors, D1=D1 and D5 and D2 = D2,D3, and D4. They are not all working.

Tell him Frontline to PREVENT lyme in dogs blocks chloride channels (GABA A and GABA C, not GABA B).

Tell him this channel is active: TRPM8.

This can all be re-balanced, but it takes someone with incredible knowledge.

Good luck. God Bless.

That is a LOT of Rxs for your liver to detox!

You are in the Northeast...can you get to ...here:

http://www.canlyme.com/fallonreview.html

[ 04-26-2009, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Marnie:

Wish I could, but I would have to drug myself to a zombie state due to the anxiety/panic attacks.

I don't have Primary Adrenal Insuffiecency I have Secondary.

It's basically the Lyme killing my Pituitary Gland and is not secreting enough ACTH levels to the Adrenal Glands....

It's all the same thing except my Adrenal Glands are fine. Here is the info on it:

Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency

This form of adrenal insufficiency is much more common than primary adrenal insufficiency and can be traced to a lack of ACTH. Without ACTH to stimulate the adrenals, the adrenal glands' production of cortisol drops, but not aldosterone.

A temporary form of secondary adrenal insufficiency may occur when a person who has been receiving a glucocorticoid hormone such as prednisone for a long time abruptly stops or interrupts taking the medication.

Glucocorticoid hormones, which are often used to treat inflammatory illnesses like rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, or ulcerative colitis, block the release of both corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) and ACTH.

Normally, CRH instructs the pituitary gland to release ACTH. If CRH levels drop, the pituitary is not stimulated to release ACTH, and the adrenals then fail to secrete sufficient levels of cortisol.

Another cause of secondary adrenal insufficiency is the surgical removal of benign, or noncancerous, ACTH-producing tumors of the pituitary gland (Cushing's disease).

In this case, the source of ACTH is suddenly removed, and replacement hormone must be taken until normal ACTH and cortisol production resumes.

Less commonly, adrenal insufficiency occurs when the pituitary gland either decreases in size or stops producing ACTH. These events can result from

tumors or infections of the area
loss of blood flow to the pituitary
radiation for the treatment of pituitary tumors
surgical removal of parts of the hypothalamus
surgical removal of the pituitary gland
[Top]
Symptoms
The symptoms of adrenal insufficiency usually begin gradually. Characteristics of the disease are

chronic, worsening fatigue
muscle weakness
loss of appetite
weight loss
About 50 percent of the time, one will notice

nausea
vomiting
diarrhea
Other symptoms include

low blood pressure that falls further when standing, causing dizziness or fainting
skin changes in Addison's disease, with areas of hyperpigmentation, or dark tanning, covering exposed and nonexposed parts of the body; this darkening of the skin is most visible on scars; skin folds; pressure points such as the elbows, knees, knuckles, and toes; lips; and mucous membranes
Addison's disease can cause irritability and depression. Because of salt loss, a craving for salty foods also is common. Hypoglycemia, or low blood glucose, is more severe in children than in adults. In women, menstrual periods may become irregular or stop.

Because the symptoms progress slowly, they are usually ignored until a stressful event like an illness or an accident causes them to become worse. This is called an addisonian crisis, or acute adrenal insufficiency. In most cases, symptoms are severe enough that patients seek medical treatment before a crisis occurs. However, in about 25 percent of patients, symptoms first appear during an addisonian crisis.

Symptoms of an addisonian crisis include

sudden penetrating pain in the lower back, abdomen, or legs
severe vomiting and diarrhea
dehydration
low blood pressure
loss of consciousness
Left untreated, an addisonian crisis can be fatal.

[Top]
Diagnosis
In its early stages, adrenal insufficiency can be difficult to diagnose. A review of a patient's medical history based on the symptoms, especially the dark tanning of the skin, will lead a doctor to suspect Addison's disease.

A diagnosis of Addison's disease is made by laboratory tests. The aim of these tests is first to determine whether levels of cortisol are insufficient and then to establish the cause. X-ray exams of the adrenal and pituitary glands also are useful in helping to establish the cause.

ACTH Stimulation Test

This is the most specific test for diagnosing Addison's disease. In this test, blood cortisol, urine cortisol, or both are measured before and after a synthetic form of ACTH is given by injection. In the so-called short, or rapid, ACTH test, measurement of cortisol in blood is repeated 30 to 60 minutes after an intravenous ACTH injection. The normal response after an injection of ACTH is a rise in blood and urine cortisol levels. Patients with either form of adrenal insufficiency respond poorly or do not respond at all.

CRH Stimulation Test

When the response to the short ACTH test is abnormal, a "long" CRH stimulation test is required to determine the cause of adrenal insufficiency. In this test, synthetic CRH is injected intravenously and blood cortisol is measured before and 30, 60, 90, and 120 minutes after the injection. Patients with primary adrenal insufficiency have high ACTHs but do not produce cortisol. Patients with secondary adrenal insufficiency have deficient cortisol responses but absent or delayed ACTH responses. Absent ACTH response points to the pituitary as the cause; a delayed ACTH response points to the hypothalamus as the cause.

In patients suspected of having an addisonian crisis, the doctor must begin treatment with injections of salt, fluids, and glucocorticoid hormones immediately. Although a reliable diagnosis is not possible while the patient is being treated for the crisis, measurement of blood ACTH and cortisol during the crisis and before glucocorticoids are given is enough to make the diagnosis. Once the crisis is controlled and medication has been stopped, the doctor will delay further testing for up to 1 month to obtain an accurate diagnosis.

[Top]
Other Tests
Once a diagnosis of primary adrenal insufficiency has been made, x-ray exams of the abdomen may be taken to see if the adrenals have any signs of calcium deposits. Calcium deposits may indicate TB. A tuberculin skin test also may be used.

If secondary adrenal insufficiency is the cause, doctors may use different imaging tools to reveal the size and shape of the pituitary gland. The most common is the CT scan, which produces a series of x-ray pictures giving a cross-sectional image of a body part. The function of the pituitary and its ability to produce other hormones also are tested.

[Top]
Treatment
Treatment of Addison's disease involves replacing, or substituting, the hormones that the adrenal glands are not making. Cortisol is replaced orally with hydrocortisone tablets, a synthetic glucocorticoid, taken once or twice a day. If aldosterone is also deficient, it is replaced with oral doses of a mineralocorticoid called fludrocortisone acetate (Florinef), which is taken once a day. Patients receiving aldosterone replacement therapy are usually advised by a doctor to increase their salt intake. Because patients with secondary adrenal insufficiency normally maintain aldosterone production, they do not require aldosterone replacement therapy. The doses of each of these medications are adjusted to meet the needs of individual patients.

During an addisonian crisis, low blood pressure, low blood glucose, and high levels of potassium can be life threatening. Standard therapy involves intravenous injections of hydrocortisone, saline (salt water), and dextrose (sugar). This treatment usually brings rapid improvement. When the patient can take fluids and medications by mouth, the amount of hydrocortisone is decreased until a maintenance dose is achieved. If aldosterone is deficient, maintenance therapy also includes oral doses of fludrocortisone acetate.

[Top]
Special Problems
Surgery

Patients with chronic adrenal insufficiency who need surgery with general anesthesia are treated with injections of hydrocortisone and saline. Injections begin on the evening before surgery and continue until the patient is fully awake and able to take medication by mouth. The dosage is adjusted until the maintenance dosage given before surgery is reached.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

tickssuck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickssuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kreynolds,

It makes me heart sick reading your struggles, I am so sorry. This disease bites, hate it, hate it.

I have so often wanted to give up - I get it. Please hold on to the hope that this is your lowest of lows, but that things WILL look up and get better. I just took a 3 day break off of abx while changing to a new protocol; I am far from well, but feel so much better right now. In my 13 months of tx, don't think I've ever herxed...now am thinking I've just been in a constant herx the whole time!

Please keep fighting the fight, it's a tough road but know and believe that it will get better. Sending healing thoughts your way. TS

Posts: 566 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try sublingual vitamin B6 (you dissolve it under your tongue) - Source Naturals makes it - to combat the anxiety/panic and

get to NYC.

Everything your body is doing, though these things on the surface appear destructive, also have some protective reasons for happening. Your body is trying hard to fight very serious infections.

In *excess* they are not good (TNF alpha and IL 1B are the biggies)

Rebalancing takes an expert. You are geographically close to one of the best doctors.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Marnie:

I take Sublingual B12 Complex and it covers all that.

I think mine is Source Naturals as well. Thanks for the help.

It has been a trying time for me these two days more trying than ever before.

We celebrated Easter today since I was in the hospital for so long and missed it with my family. It was quiet and sad.

I just looked at my cell phone and saw an Easter picture of my son while I was at the hospital with a sign that said" Happy Easter Daddy" with him smiling.

I'm glad I didn't see that at the hospital, it would have torn my heart. We had no Easter hunt this year, Daddy was in the hospital or as he says " Daddy at doctor" the whole time I was in the hospital which makes me cry just writing it.

I don't know whats going on with my body or with his because he has LD as well with Bart. I am scared to death and cry almost everyday. Of course I have to hide it, but I do. I never was this emotional. I was always the tough guy never crying, now the littlest things set me off crying.

I just pray God takes care of my family and hopefully one day we can live a normal life without pinching pennies or hovering in the house not going anywhere because I am too petrified to go outdoors.

It's all sad, that picture killed me with him in his room smiling with the sign. Since he is almost 3 now we were going to have an Easter egg hunt with him, but I wasn't there.

I want a normal life, I want my son to expierence things I never had. It will happen, I will make it happen, I don't care if I die tryin'. IT WILL BE DONE.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

bettyg
Unregistered

roy, that was so touching about your son's comments and the photo of what he made you, etc!! [group hug] [kiss]
cleo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to read The Pot Belly Syndrome by Russ Ferrell. It is all about Addison's disease being caused by bacteria. He keys on chlamydia . It has alot of interesting info. I think I have a copy(if I didn't give it away). If you would like it pm me and I will look and if I have it would be glad to mail it to you.
Posts: 433 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

I pm you ...
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Thanks bettyg,cleo, and Alv...

Hey Alv your mailbox is full.

cleo I will definatley check that out, I sure hope It wasn't caused by chlamydia! I'll google it up. Thanks.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to suggest something that may not be popular with everyone here. But given that you are at a bottom, physically and mentally, check yourself in to a psychiatric facility, or even go to the ER and tell them straight up you are at bottom mentally and what you are feeling like mentally.

Once an inpatient in a psych facility, you will get lots of attention, and they will be more likely to get serious about addressing your physical issues because they will know that your deteriorating physical state is
what's causing your mental state.

I know it's a big step to take, but it may be the thing that gets you the attention and care that you need. This happened to me, and to friends of mine, and enabled me and others to get through some real rough patches.

Please hang in there for your family and yourself. You are WAY too young to be cashing in.

-Paulie

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

paulieinct:

Thanks for your help, but I have a fear of those facilities....

I understand that they will be more inclined to help, but I don't want to do that to my family.

I appreciate your help and advice, but with the support here and at home, I will make it.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel so bad Krey, please let us know what you ended up doing? I hope you are okay. I hate this d**m disease!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

LisaS:

Still feeling like my heart is being stabbed with a knife, I still feel like I am breathing through a straw and my legs are so bad I have a cane.

Both pysically and mentally, I am drained. My mental state is a lot better than it was 2 days ago, but with me I can snap in a minute.

I REFUSE to go to anymore hospitals unless I can't move or fall on the ground. I'M DONE with the bullcrap they play there.

I will suffer and live through it, I may not. At least if I die tryin' I know I was right and they were wrong.

Such is life.....

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read over your list of meds. I think the big piece of the puzzle which is being ignored is hypercoagulation. If you don't want to do the heparin shots then something like Wobenzyme or Vitalzym could make a big difference.

As for the psych hospital aspect -- I would definitely consider that a last resort. Hubby had 3 psych admits early on in his illness and got zero medical attention in connection with them. Just more meds which only created more side effects.

As for your mood swings -- adjusting to the hydrocortisone could exacerbate that problem. Personally I think 10 mg of Cortef 4 times a day would work better than 20 mg 2 times a day. I am slowly decreasing hubby's Cortef -- he is down to 20 mg now after being on 30 mg for about 6 months.

I still think an ACAM doc who is paid by the hour would be the best alternative to help you navigate the medical system. You just have to learn how to work the system. Yes it is a pain and takes energy, but bucking the system just doesn't work to your advantage.

Hang in there.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

I agree with Bea on all fronts. Neprinol is also very good and what I now use. It's like wobenzym with nattokinase but wobenzym is also an excellent product.

I've seen a good friend get put in a psyche ward too many times and get drugged up and taken off all her lyme medications trying to convince her she has MS and was bi polar. They just don't treat lyme patients well in the mainstream medical world.

I also like the idea of taking adrenal meds 4x a day as that follows the normal rhythm of the adrenal glands. Most saliva tests have you test four times a day.

It's so sad how these mainstream doc's know nothing about how to make us better. They are good at surgery, that's where U.S. doctors excell. On occasion you will find one who thinks outside the box but in general I stay far away from them. I've always used ACAM doctors.

bettyg
Unregistered

roy,

bea siebert is the most dedicated caregiver to her husband, steve! she has been there supporting and RESEARCHING endlessly for him since his onset.

they've been to many different states, and she doesn't let any dr. get by treating them poorly, etc.

in face, 1 major dr. they had was a speaker at a conference out of state. bea attended and spoke about how he had treated her husband in front of all attendees.

so bea is a well-seasoned caregiver support/leader for her hubby. so listen to her too; she's been there; done that so many times.

roy, again; my best and love to you, katie, and your precious son. HANG IN THERE! [group hug] [kiss]

kreynolds
Member # 15117

Thanks for all the replies... I will call ym doc about the Coritsol and see if I can take 10mg 4x a day.

I will also look into Wobenzyme, I have hear of it, but is it a script?? I know the Malarone is and I will be asking my doc to take me off off the Mepron and put me on Bactrim and Malarone.

Thanks for all your help guys!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope your feeling better today. Hopefully each day will get a little better.

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

wobenzym is not a medication it's a supplement.

Must be taken on a empty stomach.

kreynolds
Member # 15117

Thanks Abxnomore....

I am going to run all this past my doc to make sure I am not going to have any interactions.

I actually just bought Artemesia, but am concerned to take it with my meds.

I know most all supplements have to be taken on an empty stomach.

LisaS:

I'm hanging in there, just overwhelmed and at the point where I am willing to try anything to feel comfortable. Thanks for asking.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

No all supplements do not have to be taken on an empty stomach. As a rule herbs do and minerals and amino acids but there are always exceptions.

Other supplements require food. That is why the advice of a good clinical nutritionist, ACAM doctor or ND is important. Lot's to learn.

In the case of wobenzym you want to take it on an empty stomach to due the right job. If you take it with food it will act as a digestive enzyme and it is way too expensive to be used that way.

I'm sure you can take artemesia and wobenym with your medications but I am not a doctor so best to consult with yours.

kreynolds
Member # 15117

Abxnomore:

Wow.... I just took my first pill of Artemesia and boy I feel something!

I'm liked whacked out, more than normal. Do people take "Cats Claw" and Artemesia together?

I get them from the Allergy Research Group.

Just curious if both can be taken together.

Thanks for the help.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

kreynolds
Member # 15117

Anyone??

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Yes, you can take Cat's Claw and Artemesia together. But it would be best to wait at least 2 or 3 days before adding in another new herb.

Some people react strongly to cat's claw and others don't notice much at all. For hubby the hardest of the Buhner herbs for him to take is Andrographis. I remember that after he took the first pill I made him wait 3 or 4 days before trying that again. He had dizziness and I think G.I. issues as well.

Even now he has only ever worked up to 5 andrographis per day. I have been trying to increase it by one pill a day for several months now. But he takes 12 olive leaf capsules and 12 neem capsules a day without a problem.

Herbs often have multiple actions -- antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral etc so sometimes it is hard to know which ones will cause reactions and even harder to say why a particular one is harder to take.

Note -- Also very important to pulse the artemesia. Take it for 3 days and stop for 4 days. Hubby didn't know to pulse it when he took it 5 years ago so it was pretty useless even though he stayed on it for 15 months.

Bea Seibert

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking you might not want to add in too much at one time, since you're on overload already.

You know, when I started Cat's Claw (Allergy Research Prima Una de Gato), I got a total brain herx. It was as if my head would kind of lock up.. even on less than one capsule.

so when pushed to add in a second dose, I would kind of get lost in my own world (which was really fun coming home from work on the GSP).

I am so sorry to hear of your distress. ER's suck, they know nothing of Lyme, so for me would be a total last resort.

Can you call your LLMD to see if they have any suggestions and know of your distress? Perhaps suggest a short meds break and some detoxing??

PM me if you need someone to talk to - sometimes (not always, but sometimes), being heard is enough to get your through it.

All the best.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

If you reacted on artemisia..than you really need MALARONE with it.You should work your way up...very slowly ...as is not a joke in your situation...

With one pill and you feel like that ...watch out...increase them after yo uare 1 week on one pill than next week and so on...in the mean time try to keep your blood flown well.

I used to take CAT`s CLAW as well...stoped working for me fast so SAMENTO....you have a high load of BABS/PROTOZOA bug.Let us know the symtoms...

yes wobenzyme in empty stomack should be taken first...SO the concept is to keep your blood flow before you add and dump some more DEAD BUGS from ARTEMISIN and others that follow...( please confirm every thing with your doctor :)we are no DOCTORS [Wink] .

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Hi Reynolds, they are all correct. Add any thing new one at a time slowly so you have a handle on what's doing what. You probably need to seriously

consider detox too, as mentioned. You have to start getting these toxins out of your system and make sure your liver is clearing well.

But the fact that you had such a reaction is a good thing. Back in the day I used to take 500mg of artemesia 3x a day. But it is correct that with herbs you need to take a break from them. You can't take them continuously, so Bea's advice is well taken.

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kreynolds,

please don't ignore this major possibility as to why you are so sick

check out www.lymephotos.com

Parasites and Worms play a MAJOR part in Lyme disease....Antiparasitics are very important check out the symptom list at

www.humaworm.com

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JKMMC09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKMMC09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I see that you're in Jersey.. Dr. R.B, the most prominent LL-Neuro-psychiatrist is also in NJ...

http://www.mentalhealthandillness.com/

He will be able to help you.

Take care.

Posts: 371 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aileenhome
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aileenhome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JKMMCO9 - could you please pm me with the name of the neuro-psychiatrist you mentioned. I tried to pm you but your mailbox is full - thanks
Posts: 133 | From Far Hills, NJ 07931 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Roy, I hope that you are feeling a little better.

Dr. E is very knowledgeable about supplements, maybe she can suggest/recommend since she is seeing your son? Maybe, worth a try.

Whatever you decide to do, only start one supplement at a time and track/document what happens.

All good advice here. Detox is very important too as mentioned by someone else.

I was glad to read that your little one is responding to tx.

Sending my best wishes for all of you.

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust me, I know how you feel. I feel like I am in a constant state of hell. Suicide thoughts are common with me, but somehow I go on. Pain is bad some days to the point I can barely function. Do you have a good support group, family, anything? Can you do any hobbies to take your mind off things or is the pain that bad? [Frown]

Parasites and Worms are a real issue but Salt and C will do very little. My LLMD was telling me how it is physically impossible for the salt and C approach to actually help the situation.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

richedie:

We run a Support Group and I have an excellent family.

Still sometimes that doesn't cut it......

As for the Artemesia, that stuff messed me up. I felt very sick to my stomach and my "brain fog" was even worse.

It also seemed like I was more irratable. I know a lot of you are thinking, ONE PILL???

I'm serious, I know my body very well and haven't herxed in 2 years, maybe this is the reason. I WASN'T taking the Holistic approach from the start.

ALV: Thanks for all your help from the beginning to the end of this post.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

astriapage
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for astriapage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Roy

Man I am devasted to hear what you are going through and my prayers are with you. I am one person that truly understands what you are going through-the h$#@ that never ends!!!

Like I said before it took me falling into a coma before any doctor would do something, and it sucks that it has to be that way!

Please try to stay strong- you have my phone number if you or Katie needs to call.

Do you think it could be your heart still-your symptoms sound so much like mine.

Sorry I can't be much help with any of the other stuff you are asking since I have yet to undergo proper treatment, but everyone else here has been so great here helping you.

I am truly amazed at the outpouring of love and support on this site-true human compassion!

Way to go guys!

Posts: 303 | From Jekyll Island, GA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am shocked nobody has gone postal on some of the a$$holes who have been holding up progress on research, and treatment for this disease. Those people should be hung.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

astriapage:

I tell my wife Katie all the time that the only way that people and doctors will believe me is if I drop dead or something really goes wrong.

It's really sad to sit here after 18 days in the hospital,knowing you have a problem with your heart and them just pushing you away.

Yes, I still believe all of my symptoms are heart related. Basically, Mitral Valve related.

I think my heart is on overload and is pumping so hard to get the blood out, which is causing the high blood pressure,shortness of breath,weakness and poor circulation in the legs, and dizziness.

I guess I will have to wait and see what happens. That is all I can do, but sometimes waiting may be too late.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

If your other cardic test were negative look into postural tachycardia syndrome, Neurally Mediated Hypotension, Dysautonomia and get a tilt table test.

These conditions can feel like cardiac conditions without a cardiac problem. Use the search engine of
this forum. You will find lots of info and many of the members here have gone for tilt table testing that you can talk with.

[ 04-29-2009, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Abxnomore ]

paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

You may find that Wobenzym makes you herx. It does for me. Gives me pain in all joints and headaches. In theory, according to my LLMD, it dissolves biofilm surrounding the Bb colonies enabling the abx and immune system to attack them. I go off it when I can't stand the joint pain anymore. Some people call it an anti-inflammatory. For me it's a PRO-inflammatory.

Hang in there.

--------------------

lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only aspect of this I might comment on is the endocrine problems. Have found that most lyme docs are run ragged by all our problems and might not have the time to attend to complicated interacting endocrine problems.

Perhaps the ACAM docs might help with this, but there is another possibility. Try the Broda Barnes Foundation for a list of doctors who understand and treat endocrine issues in a more enlightened way than the usual endo doc. I think they ask for a $20 donation for a packet of material and a list of doctors in your area. The list is the most valuable thing.

Here is the url for the foundation:

http://www.brodabarnes.org/who_we_are.htm

I never got anyone on the phone, maybe try the email address. Or try both.

The thing is that this is not a quick fix. Those docs tend to be very busy and it can take a while to get in. Plus, they tend not to take insurance.

Hope you find something that helps.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaya
Member # 12880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I know a lot of you are thinking, ONE PILL???"

I'm not surprised. I react very badly to just about everything doctors can give me, whether drugs or herbs. There's almost nothing I can take. If there are side effects, I'll get them. It's like my body's saying "Uh uh, no way, do NOT put foreign substances in me!"

That's why I'd encourage you to do what I finally learned to do: look up adverse effects and side effects of absolutely everything you take on the internet. Know what's the worst that can happen.

Also keep drug interactions in mind, since you're taking so many.

Some people--like myself--just don't respond "normally" to drugs.

In general, I feel better when I can eliminate medications.

Posts: 13 | From Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that I know much of anything but I was actually thinking the exact opposite I was thinking another pill.

Just seems you are on so many things. I realize you are very sick but when I get to the point of I can't take this I want to kill myself I stop everything.

Then slowly start back up again after 3 days or full dose if I am up for it. Wondering if you pulse or take breaks at all? just a thought as it has made a world of difference for me.

Take Care,
Ann

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am praying for you, Roy, that you find the strength you need to go on for your family.

If you know your body well enough to think that your severe symptoms are heart related, is it possible for you to find a leading cardiologist and get an appt?

It doesn't matter if lyme or something else initially caused your symptoms...they are still there and need to be addressed and treated.

We all know there are plenty of uneducated Dr's, so I would do a little research and find a great cardiologist who actually listens to his patients.

Perhaps someone on this board knows of someone relatively near you.

You are needed.....here and at home.

Do not give up.....if your son were a little older and struggling like this, what would you tell him???

You would not tell him it is ok to give up. You would not want to lose him.

He doesn't want to lose you.

I will pray for you.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

I have Tachycardia as well as hypertenstion from the Lyme & Co's.

I also found out from an Echo and a Holter monitor that I have Mitral Valve Regurgitation and an elevated ST level when the heart pumps.

Basically my Mitral Valve is flopping around and not sealing tight to keep the blood out.

It is making the heart work harder to pump the blood out. Thats why I have HBP, high pulse etc....

As far as the herbs I'm on I feel like they are making me herx, which is a great thing I guess.

You have to remember that for almost 2 years I haven't been on any herbs/supplements.....

I am taking Zrii,Fish Oil,Milk Thistle, Magnesium Glycinate, Artemesia,Sublingual B12 complex, Sublingual Vit D, Cats Claw, iFlora along with my prescription and IV meds.

If anything I feel like this is a good step towards my treatment.

I have to check about the Malarone and Bactrim with my doc.

As for the heart condition, yes it is a heart condition... I know my body. I will have to address that with my doc on May 7th.

I was not at all happy about how my hospital stay turned out besides the fact they found the Addisons Disease.

Thanks for all that replied!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Chaya
Member # 12880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, I understand. I didn't mean to devalue what you have already learned about your condition. Just wanted to bring it up as something else to consider, since you've mentioned adverse reactions to two things. I hope you feel a lot better really soon.
Posts: 13 | From Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Chaya:

You have every right to your opinion. You have no need to apologize.

I have studied the disease itself for 2 years.

I may not know as much as other people on here, but I sure could beat out an IDSA Quack!

With this disease that is what you have to do.
Reasearch, Research, Research.......

My one problem is the fact that I know more about the disease/co's etc.. and really haven't focus on supplements.

I know most things about them, but not as much as other people on here.

I'm only 2 years into this. I'm sure 2 more years and you can send me off to medical school! LOL

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Alv
Unregistered

Hi Krenold!

You need definitly ,Wobenzyme , or Rechtsregulat( do a search here for your blood flow) , and SMILAX( herbs from iheb ) to bind and clean your blood, clorella, or chitosan ( pend on testing though ) , colesteramine, B12 ( injections ) to detox and check at folinic acid that I mentioned before ( this one is to bind toxins when high dosages of antibiotics are in the use ) and helps autistic children to detox even better.

I am slow in second phase for the detox in the liver and so my son ....but with killing mode even if you are not you need to have this things into your body non stop( again tests for them ) .

My son at his worst ( I stayed up to 5 in the morning while myself sick to death ) to give him every 2 hrs at night binders on empty stomack binders.

HE would start the morning with RECHSTREGULAT and he still takes it 1hr before he wakes up in empty stomack( I can not afford it for myself but I never stoped it for him almost 2 years in a row) .

Was hard for me to keep up with 50 pils he was taking ...mostly were vitamin and binders and detoxifiers or blood thiners( rechstregulat) .

He had heart and brain problems.

NOW he does not.But I am not giving up to chase the suckers...keep them out of his blood with natural things..

KNOTWEED as decoction is perfect to detox neurotoxins and stop bart to reproduce....I used to drinks cups of it all day long...I am saying not sip but drink it as tea....

You can buy it at 1stchineherbs.com

do as decoction( cheaper) ...you can get there ( like pieces of wood is better not powder) and is better for absorbation without causing anything to your gut..

You need to take this binders at night and when you wake up ...wobenzymes or smilax should be in your blood befor you do more killing...SO yo bind toxins, reduce inflamation , tihn the blood , than YOU break the biofilom....( triphala) , after that step you go for killing ...and so back and forth

*bind( empty stomack )far from medications and food -learn the list of binders
*-detox( include anything you can ) sauna , coffe enema ,steam sauna, oksigen , ion foot detoxifiers....B12 , flinic acid /check above the one I included etc
*thiners ( wobenzyme, smilax , rechtregulat, heparin --whatever this can be etc )
* break biofilm ( enxymes...TRIPHALA seems very high on my case...)is showing good results
* kill - antibiotics, orals IV , herbs , rife , zapper whatever you can
* nourish good vitamin( pending again on testing)good diet and nutritions

* rebuild with new flora -Good probiotics...far from antibiotics-Usully 2-3 hr far from the last antibiotics...( you will herx from them as well ) to rebuild the flora in the gut overnight before you start over again..so is plenty of time to repopulate...

This should be the formula that logicly works...and is more productive...TRY to evaluate what you have done so far.

If you test them IT IS GOING To bring results even more faster based on your bodies needs...

kreynolds
Member # 15117

Alv:

Thanks for all the info!!!! In your own opinion is Malarone better than Mepron?

I know you had mentioned previously that it hits more unidentified Babs.

If so I will get on that ASAP. As far as the Wobenzyme I am in the process of getting that along with Bactrim.

The Bactrim I am looking to purchase comes from Germany, so I trust it's good stuff. I think the bottle is red and comes with 300 capsules.

Again, Thanks for your help, it means a lot!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement