LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » MEPRON BLUES?????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MEPRON BLUES?????
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that I have the mepron blues. I am sad and dragging bootie. All I ssem to want to do is either cry, lay down, or sprawl like a slinky cat in my chair.

My days are a slow motion blurr. Motivation=none.

Is this common with mepron? [Eek!]

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Mepron blues" was an understatement for me when I was taking it! I would just sit on the couch and stare at the walls for hours - no desire to watch tv, play on the internet, eat - nothing. It felt like every emotion had been sucked out of my soul...a really weird feeling.

Someone suggested that if I skipped the next couple of doses that the feeling would go away. That's excatly what I did and sure enough it worked. When I started back on it I would still get that feeling every once in a while but not nearly as bad.

I feel for you because it is an awful feeling.

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not alone.

I had this terribly while on Mepron a few times.

It goes away.

Here's an old post on the topic: http://tinyurl.com/lujq6e

Feel better!

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by feelfit:
I think that I have the mepron blues. I am sad and dragging bootie. All I ssem to want to do is either cry, lay down, or sprawl like a slinky cat in my chair.

My days are a slow motion blurr. Motivation=none.

Is this common with mepron? [Eek!]

That is exactly how I felt like on mepron. Hang in there.

It did me alot of good by beating back the babesia symptoms, but I only felt better after I stopped taking the mepron.

It is a common side-effect of mepron.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueCheetah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueCheetah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt happy on Mepron except for the herxing which was horrid. As Lauren mentioned, if you back off a few doses, the Mepron blues should go away.

I hope you feel better soon and I am sorry you are going through this.

--------------------
Lyme, Babesia Microti, possible Bart.

Posts: 173 | From A little south of sanity - PA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Friends. At least I know it is common. Cactus, thanks for the old thread! I laughed mu butt off and that was sorely needed.

Onward!!!!!

You guys rock,
Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitts
Member # 20542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any advice for a new Mepron user--I've had to stop because my stomach and digestive system is so messed up.........Frustrated.

--------------------
Kitty
Lyme, Babesia, XMRV virus Diagnosed 2008
Mepron, Zithro, Cepaflexin, Fluconozol, Vitamin, Herb therapy

Posts: 65 | From Kansas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to stop too.. at 1/2 tsp 2x day my stomach was destroyed. I don't know how you warriors handle horse doses of everything!!
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Kitty,

PM sent. Seek, neigh [Smile]

Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back on it in 2 weeks....Mepron smoothies here I come [Smile]

So I guess the Mepron blues are slightly more preferable than the smuggler's blues, right?

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it either...

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

What an idea! You put your mepron in your smoothie Lymeorsomething???? Maybe Kitty could try that?
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feelfit, I was just kidding...although I know some people like to take it with some ice cream.... [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

OOOOhhhh, well, it might be an idea for those who don;t like the taste...I don't mind it.

It would probably sink like the big yelllow blob that it is though.

feelfit
Member # 12770

PS, I LOVE that song...Smugglers Blues!!!!!!
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Feelfit, I'm impressed that you picked up on that reference [Smile] When I was in high school, the video was on MTV everyday....

--------------------

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least you made me laugh with the neigh comment Feelfit. I needed that. I hope the bad days lift soon and the Mepron helps a lot! [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi There.
The Meron Blues is very real and I have expreienced it. The good thing is that you know you can resolve it in a few days!!
In my 6 months of treating I had to do that only 3 times ! The mepron/zith is not something I stopped though and looking back it was the one treatment helped a ton get rid of babesia symptoms and more.
So hang in there and if you feel that way take a few days off .... or until you dont. It took me 3 to 5 days.
No need to suffer through them and it a SIDE AFFECT and NOT you.. so you can feel good in that. ..
It sure helped me to know .. I had the cure immediately!
TAKE CARE

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just jan
Member # 16285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just jan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm doing that combo now and herxing like crazy. I'm also really agitated which is not my norm. I don't like it but I know it will help with my body temp and clarity of mind. Any suggestions???

--------------------
I used to be marblenose but my lymebrain could not remember what email account I used to sign in so now I am just jan...
bit in 1994 diagnosed in 2004 I have tried every anbx and alternative known to personkind.

NICENESS COUNTS!!

Posts: 61 | From orange county new york | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter didn't smile for six months while on Mepron.

She also drank Aloe vera juice straight from the bottle for stomach issues.

How do the kids in Africa take this stuff for malaria?!! That must be one depressed country!

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Springshowers just e-mailed me and asked me to bring this back up. (she can't remember her password to post) She is VERY concerned about mepron causing severe depression and suicidal thoughts.

She was reading the obituary about Kathryn Hopper and thought that it might have contributed to her suicide.

On a personal note, I used alternatives to get rid of my babesia. I do not know (by lab work) if it is gone, but my symptoms have abated.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jmb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After three months on Mepron, I was a total emotional mess. I did not know it was Mepron at the time - I figured that I was just sick and stressed.

After three months off, I went back on it. I felt the trainwreck coming but I stuck with it. Again after three months I was a wreck. I didn't think of suicide but I can tell you that I could understand how others could.

I called it the sad, mean juice. I can understand Spring's concerns...

--------------------
enjoy the day.

-jmb

Posts: 208 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for Posting this..
I found that i was logged on still on a different computer of mine!
Anyway..
I hope that the word has gotten out that if whie on Mepron you say to yourself "this is not me" and you have a onset of depression.
Please stop the med right away. DO not wait to see your doctor but call them and get an appt.

I have been through this but luckily was warned that it might happen. IT was horrible and the worst I ever felt in my life. I for once could relate to what real depression was.
It was horrific.

And I stopped the Mepron and in 3 days or less it lifted. It was amazing. Just like I was told it would lift it did.

I hope that enough people know to help others who do not know.

I hate to think that someone might be asking for anti depressents or pushing through the drug because they think they are supposed to.

I hate to think that this drug could be what causes the suicidal thoughts and even follow through.

Even to say .. that the feelings are bad enough and to just stop the med can be the solution of that.

So please take note and please remember this for youself and others. Its worth .. noting!

THank you
All

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kellyjk4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kellyjk4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spring-

I think you saved my life today.

I've been taking Mepron for a couple of weeks now - stopped for a day and then started again.

The last three days have been hell.

I've never been so depressed.

I actually stood with a bottle of methadone in my hand and thought about how easy it would be to just take enough to stop breathing.

Then I thought about my kids and my husband, and I couldn't do it.

After reading this post this morning, I called my dr and he told me to stop taking the mepron immediately.

He didn't know it could do that, but he was worried about what I told him.

So you've helped not only me, but other patients as well.

Thanks so much for this post - the timing couldn't have been better.

Is there someplace to put this information so that it doesn't get buried in the pages and never seen again?

--------------------
Take care -kelly
---------------

Posts: 330 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hello Kelly

Oh Goodness .> Goodness
I am so glad that you found this and that you called your doctor.

I got chills up and down and I am so glad to hear that you stopped and thought about it and that you also now know that this Mepron can do this to you.

Please let me / us know if it does help when you stopped the meds for awhile.

This happened to me too.!

At one time it was brought up to Post this up on the TOP of the forum permenantly and it never was done..

I agree it should be.

I know many meds can do all sorts of things. But the Mepron hits so fast and hard and it can be so overwhelming and dark so fast that you do not know what hit you!

THANK YOU for posting this and again
I am so glad !!!!!

Hugs

springshowers
Member # 19863

Maybe we can email this to the Administrator and or the moderators can help create posting that says up on the top with the....

Warning!! Mepron Warning...Please read this can save your life..

kellyjk4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kellyjk4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how to do that - but I'd be happy to if someone could tell me how.

Thanks again spring - I've been in tears all day thinking about how close I came.

--------------------
Take care -kelly
---------------

Posts: 330 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hi.. again. I will try to contact them and or start a new post and alert it to Betty G and see if she can help out with it.

Please Message me anytime if you would like to chat or talk..
Been there.. I know sometimes it can be harder to talk to those closest to you. I tried that and I near had family flying across country. I mean. Yeah it was nice to know they would come.. but
I did not need that. I just needed someone to listen and understand..

SO your doing better this afternoon? ...

From your message you said you were off one day of the Mepron and back on?/

How long have you been off now?? It should start feeling better every tme a dose time passes and you do not take it!!

Please let me know if you need anything at all!> ok?
I am here..

kellyjk4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19731

I've been off for two doses now.

I do feel a bit better this afternoon - still very sad and upset, but better.

I had stopped last week and didn't plan to take it again, but then changed my mind.

Thanks for caring about me - it really does make a difference.

--------------------
Take care -kelly
---------------

springshowers
Member # 19863

OH absolutely!> My pleasure.. I am so glad you choose to think this through and to think about this medication and its role in this.

It should get better and better in the next two days ...

Mepron has a half life of about 96 hours.... so it will take those hours for it to clear out..

Its a weird thing how you can take it for months even without that side affect and then Bamb.. it hits you...

I am glad your doctor agreed. I have heard horror stories of people calling in and the doctor saying to them.. "push through it if you can it will be better and you will feel better later"
UGHHH Makes me stomach churn..

Such bad advice... If someone is bad enough to call in for any side affect reason.. Time to stop and regroup..

Esp the Depression and Psych symptoms.... that is my opinion and I am sticking to it LOL : )

Smiling... [Smile] You did good...!!

I hope to others will read and remember this too.. Dont you agree??

springshowers
Member # 19863

I searched a few Drug Sites and they do not list this as a warning at all.. One of them shows "anxiety" mixed into the list.

They really need to change / add to the warnings.

I feel they do.

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feelfit,

I just thought I would bring this back up for you as a reminder of the side effects of Mepron and the scary stuff you are currently going through.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hi.. I sent a message to the Moderators and asked to help create an alert that might be up at the top of somewhere in sight for everyone to see..

I never got even a response .. sadly.

If anyone else thinks this is important please email moderators and maybe someone else will have better luck or more than one person will help

THanks.

seekhelp
Member # 15067

This is ridiculous not to be addressed given the seriousness. If the forum is hear to help others, it'll be a permanent sticky note. It should be a no brainer.
kellyjk4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19731

PM's sent to Lou B and Jenifer.

--------------------
Take care -kelly
---------------

LindaS
Member # 20251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LindaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many thanks to you all. My 16 yr. old son will be going on Mepron in the near future. We'll be better informed and know what to watch for.

With sincere appreciation.

--------------------
Linda

Posts: 39 | From Lexington, Virginia | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DLC4lyme
Member # 20937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLC4lyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mepron will always be known to me as my yellow war paint.

I lost a very exspenseive drop in the sink once and attemted to clean later.

I had to use a scoring pad to clean it up.

I allways dread it until babasia is bad. then can't wait to take it.

--------------------
David Cummines

Posts: 35 | From Gastonia NC | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toby67
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mepron/zith probably gave me the most relief, but i was a suicidal mess during the herx!
Id ever known them that bad from doxy or amox.
NASTY dreams, it was awful, BUT then i went on to have the best days of the month.

Ive been away from it for months now and i think i still have some residual mind freaks leftover from it. youre right, its good to know its common, not fun, but common

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

PLEASE STOP MEPRON IMMEDIATLY IF YOU FEEL SUICIDAL AN DEPRESSED AND YOU JUST KNOW>>"THIS IS NOT ME".!

Then Call your doctor immediately. b

It can be reversed quickly and is a side affect of the medicine. It is NOT you.!

Laura814
Member # 21830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura814     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What symptoms did the mepron get rid of?
Did it give anyone panic attacks, brain short circuting, etc? I have no stamina. I think its a herx due to the mepron.
Anyone?

Posts: 3 | From New Jersey | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is scary to realize, after I quit, how incredibly depressed and suicidal I was. This stuff is rough. It's funny how it doesn't seem to bother some people.

Any explanation for what it is doing -- is this die off or really a side effect?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just jan
Member # 16285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just jan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After everything I went through with the Mepron Azithro combo when I went to my LLMD he completely discounted the Mepron Blues theory which really made me angry. What is wrong with him?????????
Blessings,
Just Jan

--------------------
I used to be marblenose but my lymebrain could not remember what email account I used to sign in so now I am just jan...
bit in 1994 diagnosed in 2004 I have tried every anbx and alternative known to personkind.

NICENESS COUNTS!!

Posts: 61 | From orange county new york | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ahd that too depressed when i was on it I think because when it kills the bugs which are usually inside the red blood cells like babs there are less red blood cells to do the oxygen carrying and the nutrients also. I had fevers for 30 days on mepron and was so foggy in my brain I thought everything was okay. This occurred near the end of my babs treatment. The Dr sure gave me H*ll for not telling him until appt.
I stopped and the next day no fevers. In a couple of more days wasnt depressed as much.
Sometimes I think it would be good to have husban/wife be forcefull and take close watch on our responce of the meds we are on at least they can call the Dr and report on whats happening when we are not?

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Malarone is an Rx, comprised of two drugs to treat malaria and also babesia. Some good reports here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/86010

Topic: Malarone has been miraculous for me
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seekhelp:
I had to stop too.. at 1/2 tsp 2x day my stomach was destroyed. I don't know how you warriors handle horse doses of everything!!

'malarone' is also atovaquone, in solidified formulation that may "smooth out" atovaquone's negative effects. And there is a chinese herbal treatment for babesia which is quite effective-- artesia anua, and garlic. (alicin, which comes from RAW garlic).

With this combination I had very little of the trouble I have seen widely reported from 'mepron', and furthermore, it was clearly a key to my recovery!

Arimtesia anua was, and I assume still is available from 'Vitanet" online (don't worry I have no ulterior motives).
Good luck!; Keep me posted- I'll try not to be away too long, but have many preoccupying elements right now!
DaveS

Unfortunately, ... ..'malarone'... is also a bite xpensive!

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesNYC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15793

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesNYC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have deep depression episodes from Babesia, especially when I was physically down and fatigued (this was WITHOUT MEPRON).

The Mepron had no effect on MY depression. When I felt physically good, I was not depressed. The depression would just disappear.

As the Mepron suppressed the Babesia, the depression episodes became fewer and farther apart.

In MY case, I did not find any connection between the Mepron and my moods.

James

Posts: 872 | From New York City | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading through this thread I have to say, I'm so happy to read your post, James!

I'll be starting Mepron this evening.

I'm also on Cef, Zith, and Zhang's Artemesiae(among other suppliments).

I'm nervous! Especially since I've been having some really good days in between the bad. This is new to me and a very nice feeling that I'd like to keep. I hate to think that I might plummet down down again.

Looks like I will need to be watchful.

I wonder how many people have bad experiences with Mepron vs. good experiences?

I also have a question.

My llmd told me to stop my CoQ-plus while on the Mepron. I meant to ask him but got sidetracked. Can anyone tell me why?

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had my first dose of Mepron last night around 7:00. Wow what a night I had.

Very restless, tossing and turning.

Awoke sweating at 2:00 a.m. Then freezing.

Up for the morning at 3:30 with some stomach discomfort.

Hoping this doesn't happen every night.

Did some searching on this site before bed and found the answer to my question in my previous post.

CoQ-10 apparently interferes with Mepron absorption. Also milk thistle. My llmd did not mention milk thistle but it looks like I should skip it while on the Mepron.

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Topaz, make sure you eat something fatty when you take Mepron to help with its absorption.

Good luck with your treatment!

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Thanks, Sammi.

I've been taking it with meals and/or with coconut oil or a handful of nuts.

Seems to be going well so far. I go for bloodwork to check liver enzymes in a few days so hopefully it's holding up!

Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Topaz, I hope your blood work comes back fine. Keep on keeping on!
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement