LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Willy Burgdorfer breaks silence on heated controversy 6/2009 MUST READ !! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Willy Burgdorfer breaks silence on heated controversy 6/2009 MUST READ !!
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why he doesn't mention the fact that he found Adult Filarial Worms in the ticks as well as the spirochetes is beyond me.

I saw the documentation of this a few months ago from 1984 posted on MD Junction. Can't find it now.

The Filarial Worms can be as bad as the spirochetes because they inflitrate the lymph system. Maybe there isn't a Nobel Prize for worms [Cool] really good effort tho twister, thanks,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this has been a most informative post to read; thanks gary for posting it. [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks lymetwister....what an honor it must have been to talk to Mr Burgdorfer!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow I should have never said anything. I don't think there would have been anything he didn't want said.

Oh well maybe it's the right thing to send him a transcript.

Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is almost unbelievable. Thank you thank you LT.
Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why did it take TWO YEARS for this interview to be brought to our attention?

Is this interview legit?

Was it posted to get our names and e-mail addresses? If so, why?

My comment was NOT posted.

But I didn't "subscribe" in the upper right corner...necessary?

Many moons ago, I did very well in microbiology class and loved it. (My regret today is that I didn't go into that field.)

The way to destroy a gram negative pathogen is 2-fold:

1. We must destroy the cell wall or prevent it from forming in the first place.

Our own antibodies or antibiotics do the above.

2. Now, if we are "lucky" and Bb has not rebuilt "his" cell wall, to rid CWD (cell wall deficient) forms other things must then "kick in": osmotic pressure changes OR ultrasound - to "finish the job".

I suspect barometric pressure changes also impact the CWD forms...which maybe why we "ache" before storms approach.

Mother Nature may help us out...albeit to a degree.

So...even if we DO destroy Bb's cell walls...we STILL have to deal with the (now) CWD form BEFORE Bb has a chance to rebuild it.

Keep in mind...Bb has MULTIPLE cell walls which makes it MUCH harder to destroy and in "hostile" conditions, when it goes into cyst forms, it is even harder.

Compared to anthrax which has only ONE cell wall.

Many years ago, I sent (via postal mail) Dr. W.B. the Romanian abstract which indicates Mg levels MUST be restored WHILE giving abx. (Both IV doses over MANY days.)

He responded by "snail mail" and I still have it.

He was interested in my ideas about "metals" and said I would be contacted by the then head of the lab.

I never was.

Metals = minerals.

Which one, which one(s) can be used to fight Bb?

There IS more than one.

One of them inactivates/inhibits PLA2. It is lithium.

Another impacts Fe. It is gallium.

And of course, Mg...which IS needed to make our antibodies (along with Ca), IS an anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine, IS needed to make all of OUR enzymes and IS needed to inactivate HMG CoA reductase and halt the cholesterol pathway which IS one of the many pathways Bb takes.

I believe the cure is 2 (or 3) fold:

1. Get the inflammatory cytokines down...BOTH TNF alpha and (esp.!) IL 1 B

AND at the same time:

2. Hit the pathogen. There are many different ways to do this and one way maybe to simply restore the "missing"/depleted amino acids. Other ways include Rife, far infrared, HBO or IV abx. in conjunction with step #1.

3. Be prepared to deal with the "toxins" which MAYBE the dying immune cells which Bb WAS camped out in. Too many cells dying off too fast = sepsis. Our bodies can only process cellular "debris" just so fast.

Benicar works in an entirely different way, but may work.

In days of old, the "Universal Remedy" was in the Merck manual. It was eliminated because of "lack of space".

It was 3 fold:

Mg oxide, tannic acid, and finally... activated charcoal.

Think very very carefully about HOW the above would/could work.

Look very very closely at the nutrients...vitamin C + green tea extract = reducing inflammation

Alanine, lysine, proline...and HOW they work. What IF these critical amino acids were depleted by Bb?

I believe it IS possible to eliminate this infection, but it likely will take TIME and a "significant level" of treatments.

We must be careful because the body can only handle so much "die off" just so fast.

Go slow. Sepsis is deadly.

Posts: 9426 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by lymetwister:
I called him and he was very very nice on the phone. He answered many questions and he didn't shut down.

In fact, quite the opposite. He was full of information and invited me back to call him anytime with any more questions.

I recorded the conversation and he agreed to allow me to share it with everyone here. I'm converting it to mp3 format now and will upload it shortly as soon as I can find a free hosting site.

He answers the big question in the article presented at the beginning of this thread.

I again asked him towards the end if any more questions arose, could I call him back. He answered absolutely yes, or something to that notion.

LT

Why don't you put the recorded interview you did on youtube, make it the audio portion of one of your videos people do it to post music all the time?
bettyg
Unregistered

los... he is contemplating various things, but his primary concern now is typing up his 50 minute conversation and sending that in paper copy to willy.

from there he will do more....

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a bottom line?

How do we destroy that pathogen?

Does he know?

A medical transcriptionist could type up their conversation really fast (they are used to doing that):

Medical transcriptionists listen to dictated recordings made by physicians and
other health care professionals and transcribe them into medical reports.

Posts: 9426 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this interesting in the link posted above:

"After all, I have a sick person here. He is trembling all over. His synovial fluid is full of spirochetes. But when it comes to blood, it's not there. "

This maybe explains, why most abx doesnt help us. They dont cross the BBB enough.

Posts: 226 | From earth | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank-you, Lymetwister.

Nice to hear words from this honest scientist!

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

twister, did you receive a PM from me; i haven't heard back from you. thanks [Smile]
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we know what happened to the forthcoming transcript?
Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone mentioned Plumb Island in this link and I found this when I googled lyme and biochemical war fare.

Very interesting, and very scary. Written by a doctor, but not sure if it is legitimate or propaganda.

http://www.rense.com/general67/plumislandlyme.htm

Im a little slow and have suffered from lyme but, could this actually be the reason OUR government and doctors dont want to put money into research, and they DISMISS

lyme exists because they will discover that americans brought a soviet over to this country to test out germs on us????

What the #$@!!!

and if that is the case, why dont they just do something like a 'hold harmless' agreement and move forward so that millions of people can get treatment!!

good god what is going on here???

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j_liz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20496

Icon 5 posted      Profile for j_liz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been away for awhile and was wondering if there is a post with the phone interview yet. If so, would you mind giving me the link as I can't find it doing a search.

liz

Posts: 471 | From NJ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

liz, so far nothing; lymetwister has been into treatment and very sick~
j_liz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j_liz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I am sorry to hear he is so sick.

liz

Posts: 471 | From NJ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j_liz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j_liz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back again and was wondering if anything was posted. I hope lymetwister is better. I don't mean to be a pain, I am just very interested.

liz

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never read this before and it is very interesting. I live about ten miles from Hamilton MT where Willie lives. I did not realize he is still there, and still alive. He must be pretty old by now.

I would contact him if he had any information about treatment or local doctors that know something about how to treat. Sounds like he doesn't.

I have a friend whose husband works at the lab and I have told her they can talk to me if they are interested in knowing what the local ticks carry as I tested positive for three infections. No one is interrested.

She said when her family moved here people at the lab warned her husband to be very careful of the ticks as they carry some "nasty stuff". Yet no one in the community knows that there is anything to be concerned about and the doctors insist there is not lyme here.

This is all so strange to me.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update on lymetwister,

He recently went back on the salt/c protocol and Parastroy an antiparasitic herbal. He posted some pictures of worms and parasites that were exiting from him as a result of this.

It was within the last week. Maybe he will come along and give us a further update.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/Blood/ucm235855.htm

Test for Filaria.

I do believe the lesions many exhibit are a direct relation.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, what happened to the transcript? Anything? Does he need help transcribing it?
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetwister has been very sick which is probably why he wasn't able to get the transcript out.

He did sum up the conversation though on page one of this thread and it doesn't sound like we missed anything life shattering.

Lymetwister basically said that Dr. Burgdofer said there is no conspiracy that he knows of and nothing to hide.

So I don't think we are missing out on any revealing secrets without Lymetwisters transcript.

BUT although that is what Dr. Burgdofer told Lymetwister I am not sure if that is the case.

I am sure that Dr. Burgdofer knows things that he can't tell us. If he knew any classified information he could never tell that without breaking the law.

The reason that I think Dr. Burgdofer knows more than what he is telling everyone is because of what was said in that original article that was posted.

Here is what was said in the article:

quote:
Just as we began filming, there was a pounding on the door, and we found ourselves facing someone who turned out to be a top researcher at the nearby Rocky Mountain Laboratories, a biolevel-4 NIH research facility.

Standing on the porch, our uninvited guest said, ``I've been told that I need to supervise this interview. This comes from the highest levels. There are things that Willy can't talk about.

There is no way that people would be sent over to supervise the interview if Dr. Burgdofer didn't know some things. They even stated that there are things he can't talk about.

What those things are? Who knows!

Dr. Burgdofer says he isn't aware of any conspiracies. Maybe that is the case but he certainly knows some things that he isn't allowed to share.

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

If having an NIH heavy tail him to the interview and coerce him isn't conspiracy, I don't know what is.
iamgreek
Member # 29517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamgreek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crazy ! I hope a cure comes soon .
Posts: 85 | From Long Branch NJ | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement