LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Call for Art submissions for a Very worthy cause!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Call for Art submissions for a Very worthy cause!
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Friends,

I am finally making my way through my inbox and just ran across an incredible message from our friends north of the border.

I began to spread the word with a mass email, but there are just too many of you to single out... that I feel would really benefit by taking advantage of this wonderfully creative opportunity. Not only is it a chance to get YOUR work seen, but also a way to help the greater cause.

Here is the link that explains the idea with directions to the submission process if you wish to pursue it further.

http://www.murakamicentreforlyme.org/main/page_action__opportunity_fundraising.html

I do hope you will carefully consider your own creative work for this amazing book to come. Realizing that some of you are writers, I emailed to ask if poetry or short stories will have a category too... the answer was Yes!

If you have any further questions, please use the email address contained within the above link.

My very best to each of you,
Melanie

(PS... yes I know this isn't a medical question. However, it is for a very worthy cause, and if you just let it slide on down the page, without negative comment, I promise it won't bother you too much. Thanks in advance.) [Smile]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you
Am i to be clear though that this is exclusive for Canadian Lyme Patients?
quote:
The art contained herein will be from Canadian artists with Lyme or those inspired by the struggles of Lyme. It will feature each artist in a respected section, with their pieces displayed in large full color professional photography along with their accompanying biography and inspiration tale.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Spring,

You are most welcome. Let me copy over what I wrote in the post in General... hopefully that will answer a few of your questions. Oh, and no, it is not only for Canadian residents but is open to anyone anywhere who has dealt with TBDs.

I've already been fielding emails so let me add a bit more information directly from the site with a few of my own comments thrown in that I already asked for clarification about:

Footsteps of Lyme Project

This project is intended to be a compilation of art from Lyme sufferers, in a beautifully bound display hardcover. (a "coffee table book")

The art contained herein will be from Canadian artists with Lyme or those inspired by the struggles of Lyme. It will feature each piece in large full color professional photography with a small bio on the artist. (read anyone from anywhere is invited to submit)

Various mediums of art will be showcased. These include the following categories:

* Paintings or Sketches (oil, watercolor, acrylic, pastels, ink, pencil)
* Photography
* Pottery (wheel thrown, Raku. No ceramics please.)
* Fibre crafts (felting or weaving. No knitting or crochet please.)
* Carvings (wood or stone)
* Mosaics or Glasswork
* Silversmith or Metal Work (Must be completely original and handmade)
* any other unique artform* (*must be pre-approved)

I was told that writing will be allowed! So, that means yes to short stories or poems!

All net proceeds from the sale of these books will go directly into funding the objectives of the Society. (REALLY wonderful objectives, really!)

Any artists wishing to submit their artwork for consideration in the project will need to download the following files: (you MUST go to the site to get the links)

1. Submission Guidelines

2. Submission Application Form * Please Note: if you are submitting for more than one of the above outlined Categories, you will need a separate application form for each category of submission.

Any further questions regarding this project may be directed to Melanie. (NOT me, but another Melanie, and a very nice one too! Again, you must go to the site for the email link)

Submission Deadline: December 31, 2009

LOOK at how long we can procrastinate here! [Smile]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the top for the possible weekender artists.
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Melanie,
I am an artist working on a big lyme fund raising art event in CT --july 12th...Here is the press release (today) http://hartford.dbusinessnews.com/shownews.php?newsid=185443&type_news=latest

Any lyme sufferers who are artists and want to help Dr.Sapi at UNH please let me know!!! or if you want to donate let me know...

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement