LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Microfilariae - Did You Treat For It? Is it Gone? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Microfilariae - Did You Treat For It? Is it Gone?
micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for micul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted some pics below. Two are my blood taken just yesterday. The last one is a stock photo. You can see in the 1st pic by the head that it is a microfilariae, and not some kind of an artifact. The 2nd pic is the rest of the body. Mine isn't a solid dark color like the stock photo because it takes a longer staining time to get that result. I was only checking for Babs. Mine is a much closer view also.

I treated for microfilaria about two years ago, just because I thought that it was most likely there, not because I had any symptoms that I suspected were from it. So I did the standard Tx of 15 mg (for my body weight) on the first day, followed by the same dose on day 7, and then day 13, for a total of 15 x 3 mg tablets. I did notice a slight improvent about a week after taking it, but nothing dramatic.

As you can see, I'm still clearly infected with the microscopic worms! What's the point of this thread? Just to make people aware that most of these co-infections are very likely, and that the standard treatments are very often not strong enough to get a complete kill of the organism. Below is a cut from a study that showed much better results when combining Ivermectin with Doxy.

But even after six weeks of Doxy and Ivermectin, there's still no guarantee that I will be completely clear of them. These worms get into tissue mostly, and also the vital organs, so they can be really entrenched. Checking for them in the blood is not the best method. A small skin biopsy is the best way. IMO, everyone with a TBD should be tested.

As you can see in this link below, microfilariae are a big problem in animals, and it is becoming harder and harder to clear these parasites with the usual drugs and doses. Scroll down to the second article in the link.

Microfilariae Link in Animals

-

-

-

Filaria J. 2006; 5: 1.
Published online 2006 February 5. doi: 10.1186/1475-2883-5-1.

PMCID: PMC1388215
Copyright � 2006 Debrah et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd.

Assessment of microfilarial loads in the skin of onchocerciasis patients after treatment with different regimens of doxycycline plus ivermectin

Alexander Yaw Debrah,1,2 Sabine Mand,1,4 Yeboah Marfo-Debrekyei,2 John Larbi,2 Ohene Adjei,3 and Achim Hoerauf

Methods
In the Central Region of Ghana, 60 patients were recruited, allocated into four groups and treated with 200 mg doxycycline per day for 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks respectively. Untreated patients served as controls. Some of the treated patients and the untreated controls were given 150 μg/kg ivermectin 8 months after the start of doxycycline treatment.

Results
A follow up study 18 months post treatment showed that when using doxycycline alone there was a significant reduction of microfilarial (mf) loads in patients treated for either 4 or 6 weeks. However, there was no significant difference between the untreated controls and those given the 2 weeks regimen. Although no significant difference was demonstrated between the 4 and 6 weeks regimens, there was a trend observed, in that, microfilarial reduction appeared to have been greater following the 6 weeks regimen.

Twelve months after ivermectin (i.e. 20 months after doxycycline) treatment, 8 out of 11 ivermectin-alone treated patients were mf-positive. In contrast, 1 out of the 7 patients treated for 4 weeks with doxycycline and none of the 4 patients treated for 6 weeks doxycycline (who were available for re-examination) were mf-positive after the combined treatment of doxycycline plus ivermectin treatment.

Discussion
There is an urgent need for a long-term sterilising or macrofilaricidal drug effective against O. volvulus to complement ivermectin. In addition, new drugs with modes of action different to ivermectin must urgently be developed so that they are available should ivermectin resistance develop [6], a scenario that may not be too far in the future [20,21].

Treatment with 6 weeks doxycycline is effective. While this duration of treatment is considered too long for mass treatment [28], shorter regimens are also preferable for individual treatment and to facilitate better compliance.

The purpose of this study was to compare different regimens of doxycycline treatment so that we could determine the minimum effective duration necessary for the control of onchocerciasis.

Treatment with doxycycline for 2 weeks was not effective for onchocerciasis control as there was no significant difference between the untreated control groups and the 2 weeks doxycycline-treated groups 18 months post therapy (Tables 3 and 4). Treatment with doxycycline for either 4 or 6 weeks on the other hand, had an effect at the same time point (Tables 3 and 4), which suggests that both the 4 and the 6 week treatment regimens might be equally effective for onchocerciasis treatment.

One patient treated for 4 weeks with doxycycline plus ivermectin a had low mf count (GM = 0.02) (Table 5) in the skin 12 months after ivermectin treatment, whereas none of the patients treated for 6 weeks (plus ivermectin) had any mf. The low numbers of mf left in the skin may be an indication that either the 4 weeks regimen was not as beneficial as the 6 weeks regimen, or it could be due to the relatively larger sample size of the 4 weeks group (n = 7) compared to the smaller sample size of the 6 weeks group (n = 4).

This, therefore, calls for a study with a larger sample size (which is underway) to compare the efficacy of the 4 and 6 weeks regimens. Nonetheless, what is clear from this study is that a 2 weeks regimen is not effective for the treatment of onchocerciasis. Four weeks is effective but may not be as beneficial as the 6 weeks regimen.

The observed reduction of mf in the control groups and the 2 weeks doxycycline treated patients cannot be fully explained. However, natural fluctuation unrelated to drug treatment cannot be ruled out as observed in both veterinary [29] and human studies [30-32]. When the degree of reduction of mf loads within the same treatment groups were compared 18 months post therapy using the Wilcoxon Signed Rank test, there was no significant difference between the drop of mf loads in the control patients (P= 0.0648) and those observed in the 2 weeks treatment group (P= 0.1282).

In contrast there was a significant difference in the 4 weeks treatment group (P = 0.0039). Ironically, even though there was more than a 99% reduction of mf in the 6 weeks treatment group (Table 2), there was no significant difference when a paired test was performed using the Wilcoxon Rank test (P= 0.1088). This lack of impact in the 6 weeks regimen was due to the small sample size of the group.

The significant differences between the control and the 4 and 6 weeks regimens (Tables 3 and 4) coupled with the clear significant differences between ivermectin-only treated and 4-6 weeks doxycycline plus ivermectin groups showed that both the 4 and 6 weeks doxycycline treatment regimens show a significantly improved embryostatic effect as compared with the use of ivermectin alone.

The profound and significant reduction of mf loads produced by the combined treatment of doxycycline and ivermectin is consistent with earlier reports [24,25,27] which used 100 mg doxycycline per day. This clearly shows that 4-6 weeks treatment with 200 mg doxycycline per day of patients with moderate to high intensities of O. volvulus infection is well tolerated and that 18 months post therapy, patients treated for 4-6 weeks had very low mf. Combined treatment of 4 or 6 weeks doxycycline plus ivermectin both suppressed microfilaridermia in onchocerciasis patients up to 12 months post therapy. This suggests an embryostatic effect for doxycycline [27].

This study has shown, that a 4 weeks regimen was effective, but might not be as beneficial as the 6 weeks regimen. It is, therefore, recommended that until a clear benefit or otherwise of a 4 weeks treatment regimen in a larger study is ascertained, the use of 6 weeks doxycycline treatment should be further explored for special situations in onchocerciasis control. As reported earlier [33-35], a single controlled application of doxycycline for 6 weeks accompanied by two additional single doses of ivermectin in onchocerciasis patients might prove more cost-effective than annual ivermectin treatment alone in special situations. One dose should be administered during doxycycline treatment and the other approximately 4-6 months later to eliminate mf developing in the early weeks of doxycycline treatment.

This could reduce the transmission to a low level if a substantial part of the population in a particular focus is covered. This combined treatment should be explored for onchocerciasis control in special conditions, especially as curative treatment for individuals leaving onchocerciasis endemic areas permanently and wanting to remain free of mf in the long-term, or in areas where there is apparent existence of sub-optimal efficacy of ivermectin as reported in some onchocerciasis-endemic foci in Ghana recently [20,21].

[ 07-05-2009, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: micul ]

--------------------
You're only a failure when you stop trying.

Posts: 945 | From U.S | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
micul,

great photos !!

could you break up those long paragraphs into SHORTER ones since they have so many MEDICAL terms, etc. in them? big thanks.

then you will get more readers/replies [Smile]

use my guideliens please to edit it....

Betty's suggested POSTING GUIDELINES . many of us have neuro lyme where we can NOT read long solid block text and be able to comprehend and read it as is.

please edit your post by CLICKING PAPER/PENCIL ICON to right of your name. that opens up BOTH subject line and body text.

now please break up your WORDY SENTENCES into one sentence paragraphs. Then hit ENTER KEY ``TWICE`` after each paragraph; we need that space for comprehension.

then go to left hand corner and mark box to receive ALL REPLIES, and click EDIT SEND

we thank you for helping us; [Wink] otherwise, we will SOB, SCROLL ON BY, since we can't read to help you. If I see posts like this, I SOB them; to hard on me.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did Enula for five or six months and that was supposed to address these but who knows???
Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for micul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty

I understand that it can be difficult for some

people to read sentences that are not all spaced,

but you have to understand the other side of the

coin....there are even more people that find it

very annoying to read when all the sentences are spaced out so much.

So I do try to keep the paragraghs relatively short for that reason.

The easiest solution (I think) is for the people who need to,

to copy and paste things onto a blank word

document, and then break it up for reading themselves. That

way it doesn't make reading difficult for others. They can either

save it for reading later, or just delete the document when finished reading.

Tosho: It isn't as easy to find them in the blood as it is to find them in the skin and lymph, but they can still be there. I wasn't trying to find them, it was just there in my field of view.

--------------------

Posts: 945 | From U.S | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
micul,

Thanks for the great photos. Have you seen

www.lymephotos.com

I had Exactly what's pictured in the photos come pouring out of me in the toilet. I am still trying to get rid of them 3yrs later. I am doing the salt/c sea salt) protocol with great success.

I have also added humaworm lately. I can still feel them in my tissues. I e-mailed lymedocs a while back and I will bring that thread back up for you to read the responses.

Burgdorfer found adult filarial worms when he dissected the ticks back in the 80s. Unfortunately this has been ignored. I think parasites and worms play a MAJOR part in lyme disease.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll second that here. Found this.

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/vaop/ncurrent/abs/jid200980a.html

I am beginning to think we are fighting a losing battle if we don't get the poison too. Anyone else?

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

I took 2 doses of Ivermectin on the weekend. I just checked last night to see what I could find if I was looking for microfilariae instead of concentraring on Babesia. So I increased the staining time, and then used a much lower magnification without oil to scan the slide. It was very easy to spot them this way as you can see. I counted 4 on a single slide.

It doesn't look like the med affected them here, but it may just take a while for them to clear out of the blood. It's also possible that Ivermectin is ineffective against them. Sometimes it is, and another med has to be used. The second pic is darker because I used more blood. I made it thicker than what is needed in order to increase the chances of finding some. Turns out that it didn't matter...increasing the staining time was good enough.

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------

onjo59
Member # 15868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onjo59     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
micul, what type of equipment are you looking at this with? where can I get it? I have thought for a long time that I see these organisms in my eyes and my llmd doesn't seem to have an answer for them. I tried vermox and it made me feel slightly better for a couple of weeks but nothing long term.
Posts: 33 | From New York | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is is possible these are just babies? And the big guys filtrate to the skin and exit there? Just looking for your opinion.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
micul,

Very Professional photos. Could you please take a look at the photos at

www.lymephotos.com

and tell me if you think they look the same. I have seen a lot of these exit in the last several yrs using salt/c protocol (sea salt) Not sure if the Ivermectin will kill the adults.

Thanks for posting these.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Onjo: You can buy a pretty good scope on ebay for around $300.

Pinelady: Yes, these are babies, also called worm larvae....that's what microfilariae are. Yes, there are probably adults that are producing all the offspring in me because obviously I have had them for a long time. The babies turn into adults if they are not killed. Did you read the link in my my first post here? It has a lot of info about the life cycle and treatments of M.F. in dogs, which is pretty much the same for every host. A person or animal can be infected with these by a mosquito (tick or flea), and then the MF turn into adults if not detected and killed. That's how dogs get Heartworm.

Gale: I saw the Lymephotos yesrs ago when it first came out. I can't speak for what the photos are actually of, or whether they are MF or just stock photos of various worms.

As for the Salt/C; I am not a fan of it. I don't believe that it is a good protocol. I think that it damages the kidneys, and that it is only semi-effective. The body will never allow the concentrations of salt to build up that are needed to destroy the paraites in the blood, tissues, and vital organs, IMO. That is, unless serious damage has occurred to the vital organs that regulate salt concentrations in the body. If and when that happens, you will have another battle on your hands in addition to TBD's.

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

micul,

I can tell you first hand that the lymephotos are definitely not stock photos, because I had the EXACT pathogens exit my body. As far as the sea salt damaging the kidneys it is highly unlikely.

It is water soluble and is in a highly charged state. It is not static and will not store in your kidneys (like table salt)but pass thru you as natural salts are meant to.

Humans are 75% saline which is very close to the composition of sea salt. The pics you have posted look very much like those in lymephotos.

Very interested to see if the Ivermectin you are taking will eradicate them from your blood. Let us know, and keep posting your most interesting photos.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

TO LIFE,

I absolutely agree with you, that's why I keep posting about the parasite/worm connection. People are suffering with such excruciating, debilitating symptoms that I don't think bb is the main cause.

I often see people complaing about crawling, biting. stinging symptoms, to name a few. I think we really need to pay more attention to this,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

TO LIFE,

Thank you for saying such kind things to me and for the encouragement because sometimes I feel like I am talking to myself. Although I do get a lot of pms from people in regards to this connection. Soo sorry for your suffering.

Like you, no matter how sick I was I know/knew I am going to beat this. This is a formidable opponent and the key is persistence.

I had severe neuro and things are turning around and they can for you too. For me also, once I knew and identified the enemy(not from bloodwork)but with my own eyes.

I felt that I had a fighting chance. You have a great attitude and I know a great heart even if you have some physical problems with it. Keep us posted,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi,

Can you describe in more detail what these sensations feel like. What are you taking and are you staying on the prescribed dose?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

To LIFE: Ivermectin is only effective against the egss, but a high enough dose of Doxy is suppose to damage the adults over time, or at least keep them from reproducing for a while.

The people in the study that I posted in my first post on this thread did not take anything other than Ivermectin, and most of them (that took Doxy too) were clear of Microfilariae even at the one year mark following treatment.

I wouldn't get yourself so worried about parasites. The Symptoms that you have are most likely from the more formidable infections of Lyme, bart, and Babs. I don't feel that MF is such a big threat. It can be eliminated rather easily compared to the others.

I only posted my findings here so that people might consider getting tested....that MF might be an additional problem that is overlooked by most. It seems like it might also be possible that these tiny worms could be a reservoir for Bart and Babs, that they would be protected from abx inside the worms.

--------------------

blackcat
Member # 9881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
micul,

how much ivermectin and how long do you have to take it to decrease the load of these suckers?

just like onjo59 i also see these things in my eyes. exactly like what your photos look like.

this is really affecting my vision. thanks for posting your findings.

Posts: 45 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

micul,

Yes, that is what I have been saying about the worms protecting the bacteria. Getting rid of the worms makes it easier to get rid of the co-infections.

These worms can lay 200,000 eggs a day and have layed a lot of larva as well. If you don't get rid of the larva and eggs the whole cycle beigins again. Hulda Clark has some very good info about this.

Also, Dr. K. treats the parasites/worms before treating any of the other infections. Cloves is supposed to get rid of the eggs..

Blackcat,

I used to see these things in my eyes as well. They are almost gone with treatment. I have only used antiparasitic herbs and salt/c. I am for whatever works. If a combo of ivermectin and doxy works, that's great. It is usually a combo therapy over an extended period of time.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

TO LIFE,

Hulda Clark says that you have to use black walnut....wormwood....and cloves together to kill all of the stages. She has some really good info on all of this as does Humaworm. Google Hulda Clark for more info.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

BlackCat: The doses are in my posts above.

To Life:I don't know anybody that has had this. The people that I'm refering to here are the ones from the study.

As for me, I'm in great shape. I wouldn't know that I had MF unless I had seen it. I have taken a lot of anti -parasitics over the years, so that has probably helped.

Ivermectin may not work for me, sometimes it doesn't depending on what you have, and if the parasites have already developed resistance to it. If it doesn't work, then I'll try the others. At least now I know for sure that I have it, and I have a way of seeing if the drugs are working or not. I won't know anything for a few weeks though. I do know that the standard doses of meds are often not strong enough to do the job.

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

Uh, Worms that invade tissue and vital organs is a serious matter. Especially when they invade the heart and lungs. MF are not the only worms that people with Lyme Complex are infected with.

There can be ascaris, toxocara, tapeworm, hookworm, threadworm etc. I have read info on

www.curezone.com

about people infected with Lyme and these other worms as well.

I have personaly experienced the exodus of all of the above and so have several other people that post on here.

Gael

[ 06-24-2009, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: glm1111 ]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

TO LIFE,

Sorry you are having such a rough time and such bad neuro symptoms. Those olives sound great.

What brand are they? Sometimes doing warm clear water enemas can help get rid of the die off. Hope tommorrow is a better day.

Sending you and everyone healing thoughts,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

TO LIFE...

That's great that you had a large die off. BTW...When I googled antiparasitic foods, olive juice was listed. Between the olives with garlic and the grapefruit seed extract, it sounds like it made for a great antiparasitic combo!

Just keep going like you are with the herbs and antiparasitic foods and you will get well. You are very wise my friend. Are you seeing worms...flukes?

It's the medical side of me that is intrigued by what has had the nerve to invade out in our body. I still find it so hard to believe. I don't think Stephen King could have written this one.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi TO LIFE,

I am so glad you are feeling better. Is any of the die off you saw pictured at

www.lymephotos.com

Yes I am a retired trauma nurse. I was trained allopathically, and even though I received great training, they did not cover that much about parasitology.

Most of what I learned has been done through my own research,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Pinelady
Member # 18524

If we were smart we would get a magnifying glass

with a micro magnifier insert and when the skin

goes to feeling funny/crawly/itchy check it out.

If they are there then you know. While some may

only see black dots-broken off after rubbing you

might get lucky. Especially in the fingers and

forearms. Plan B?

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Not yet but I am going to have to. http://www.morgellons.org/symptoms.htm

--------------------
IgM neg pos

lymeparfait
Unregistered

Are these worms passed from wasps, mosquitoes or horse flies, along with the venum?

I hear that these wasps carry filariae, and inject them along with their egg as part of their reproductive cycle. Just saw a presentation on this at a teaching University talking about how these vectors are spreading disease into the world food supply.

Could humans be injected with these as well from wasps or other stinging critters, rather than just ticks?

Pinelady
Member # 18524

I think it is ticks, but could possibly be

mosquitoes also. Just my opinion. They do not know

yet but If they found it in ticks already as

researchers have reported I think it is only ticks.

Once passed to us the question is: is it transmissible? I would think so.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

1 week update: Eye floaters are completely gone. They got a little worse after the first round as is normal, but have dissappeared. I've had these since getting Lyme, so draw your own conclusions.

There were only 2 microfilariae on my slides today, and they were both clearly dead. They looked like the dried up worms that are left on the sidewalk after a rain storm.....it just takes time for them to be completely cleared out.

Second round is today and tomorrow, and then in another week. The Ivermectin (Stromectol) is definitely working..... this time I will be sure to get the adult worms also. That has to be the reason why the treatment failed the first time when I did it 2 years ago.

--------------------

Lymeorsomething
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So how is Ivermectin as far as sides go and what about using veterinary grade Ivermectin?

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Micul,

Thanks for posting the update. Are the worms on the slides pictured above alive? Have you seen any exit into the toilet or just on the slides?

Lymeparfait,

Willy Burgdorfer found filarial worms in the ticks he dissected. You should read Hulda Clarks info about worms. The eggs are on vegetation as well. Undercooked meat and sushi is another source,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Pinelady
Member # 18524

According to the CDC the most cases have been reported in CA. Now the question is why?

--------------------
IgM neg pos

glm1111
Member # 16556

Okay ladies, you lost me. The most cases of what? You don't mean Lyme disease do you?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Pinelady
Member # 18524

No not Lyme. Morgellons.http://morgellonsgroup.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=priority&thread=1792

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

http://morgellonswatch.com/about-2/mrf-filaria/

If this was reported most high in Lyme patients

because of the suppressed immune system. Why are

doctors not just going ahead and treating those

patients if they are known to have had Lyme for

over a year?

--------------------
IgM neg pos

glm1111
Member # 16556

Here is the problem I have with "Morgellons" Most if not all of these people have Lyme disease.

Morgellons is a name that was given to the so-called fiber disease by a woman who adapted the name and it stuck. If you look at the

www.lymephotos.com

site...you can see the so-called fibers (they are the colored filarial worms) I have personaly had these come out of my mouth, scalp and into the toilet.

This is a co-infection of Lyme disease and not a seperate entity. I have had misdiagnosed lyme disease for over 25yrs and did not see these parasites until i started antiparasitic treatment.

I am from the northeast, but have lived in both Calif and Florida at different times in my life. Not sure why there are more reported cases in Calif. I think that Willy Burgdorfer found these Adult Filarial Worms in the ticks from the Northeast.....so???

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Gael the ones I am talking about are almost

invisible to the human eye. And only seen with a

micro magnifying glass. Is this what you have seen?

They are in the process of trying to identify by

DNA and think it may be a protozoa.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

glm1111
Member # 16556

I have experienced very small ones as well. Some of them almost microscopic coming out of my eyes and skin. I think that we are definitely dealing with more than one, parasite/worm/protozoa.

I have seen people discussing black specks also. I think the key is just to keep hitting them all with antiparasitics.

This is just one awful disease, but i think with persistence we can at least put it into remission,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi TO LIFe,

Yes, I had horrific symptoms(herxes)from the parasites/worms dying off. I still do sometimes, but not nearly what they were.

I had/have movement under my skin and I guess they were running from the salt, they were desperate to get out of my body.

I had some coming out of my shoulders and back. I am not familiar with the coffee ground looking ones and wonder if you could describe them a little differently(color, size etc)If you can't don't worry about it.

Hmmm....I am thinking maybe they are eggs? That would really be a good thing. Are you currently taking any cloves?

Sooo sorry you are suffering, but try and think of it as a shedding of poison if you can. (glad your RSD pain is gone). I am sorry so many people are suffering like this.

P. S. I am not hanging on to some mystery bug theory. There are a lot of parasites that have invaded our bodies and staying focused on doing antiparasitics should resolve them.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

TO LIFE,

Are you talking about the ones listed on lymephotos under borrelia burgdorferi? Are they attached with a biofilm like that?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

lymeparfait
Unregistered

Does anyone have pictures of their skin after they have come out?

Does it look like bite marks, or sores, cuts or hives? How big are the openings they leave behind.

[ 06-29-2009, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: lymeparfait ]

lymeparfait
Unregistered

I did see the microfillaria in pictures at a University of CA lecture where wasps co-injected their eggs and filarial larvae into the host.

(the filarial larvae then gets spread through the crops or livestock, along with other pesticides or things in the DNA of wasp or host)

The moth larvae is the normal host for the wasp eggs, which become immunosuppressed for biopesticide development.

This researcher only knows of wasps and mosquitoes having microfilaria. She also only thinks lyme disease is spread on the east coast by deer ticks...our experts are not experts in anything outside their realm.

Nancy Beckage, of U of CA Dept of Etomology gave the talk. It was mostly on poly dispersed DNA virus, (BV) Bracovirus and (IV) Ichnoviruses. Her studies are to develope pesticides for agriculture around the world.

I asked the researcher and expert on the wasps, if this is also seen in ticks, and she did not know, doesn't study them. She referred me to another person of her research team. who studies ticks, but not realted to humans. Their problem is that they do not have enugh ticks to study, they say , in CA. They would like to have deeer ticks to study. [email protected].

She was not interested in any discussion of lyme diesease or parasites related to humans. Only the parasites in mosquitoes and wasps. Guess the grants these researchers get only get applied to a focused type of research. Focused on only one small piece of the ecco-puzzle.

My mind just got "buzzing" on the connection. Since most of us have been stung by a mosquito or wasp!

Could this be the mystery bug...or many types of mystery bugs.

She said Filarias is mosquito born and related to malaria. She studies this around the world and in Mali Africa, and Mali is now introducing DDT there as the mosquitoes are resistant to all other pesticides.

Resistance happens when fungal pathogens, on the outside of the mosquitoes, cause mosquitoes to prevent olifactry responses and so the are not effected by pesticides any more. Fungus is a problem to stop the propagation of mosquitoes. The become resistant from the fungus.

So why use the chemicals on them, if they become resistant, but still have the ability to pass these chemicals, pathogens, and fungi onto humans with one injection.

Now they will have DDT in their DNA! Mosquitoes , wasps, and ticks know no boundaries...

The games these countries play on the ecco system, is finally the ultimate plague against humans.

This is mind blowing to me. There is definitly a connection...who in the world is addressing this or studying this?

glm1111
Member # 16556

lymeparfait.

Thanks for posting this. It's very interesting. Did you actually speak with this researcher? I have read that mosquitos can also carry bb and other pathogenic diseases.

Willy Burgdorfer found adult Filarial Worms in the original ticks he dissected back in 1984? I find it curious as to why these different vectors are carrying filarial worms and where they originated from.

It is mind blowing as filariasis is considered a third world disease.

I can't figure out given the fact that Burgdorfer found these worms in the ticks and as an aside found the spirochetes why everyone is only focused on bb. I don't think it is just a West Coast problem.

I think these worms are as destructive if not more so than bb. They lay about 200,000 eggs a day. I just don't get it,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

lymeparfait
Unregistered

glm,

thanks for your thoughts.

Yes I did speak with this researcher, as I went to her talk , thinking it was focused on vector born diseases, and humans.

I am not a scientist or researcher, but find it very interesting. Especially in light of this thread.

I am involved with a group starting a research institute for neuroendocrineimmune diseases, lyme, chronic fatigue, alzheimers, autism, MS, ALS, Gulf War Syndrome, to name a few disorders with simular presentations, to be studied under the umbrella.

The goal is to share research and work as a team, not individuals to uncover solutions to our health issues.

Went to the talk to represent the Institute. The Institute is just forming, and will be announced very shortly once all is in place.

I agree with you, why are we so focused only on bb. The more I learn and experience, the more I believe that bb is the least of all our many problems as a group, and may be one of the easiest to treat in the long run.

lymeparfait
Unregistered

Spiroketes , whether introduced intentionally through biological warfare experiments, or from countires trying to kill off the ticks and pests with chemicals or just the ecology being way off balance, and vectors passing things to human hosts. It is an awful mess all around the world.

We all have a cocktail of things brewing inside us that we could never figure out on our own.

We have similar but different presentations of symptoms, and we are all immun-compromised or immunosuppressed.

We all seem to have some sort of fungus as well.

I believe much of the dysregulations they cause, are also passed genetically, creating the mutated varieties, as is currently seen in the ticks and insects themselves.

glm1111
Member # 16556

lymeparfait,

I wanted to answer your question about the exit sores. I used to get cuts all over my hands and then they would scab. If I picked the scab a little dryed out white worm would come out.

Also, they can appear as hives at first. The research institute you are becoming involved with hopefully will uncover some helpful facts. I hope you can keep us updated.

TO LIFE...

Filarial Worms definitely can invade the lymph system and all of the organs. I also find through research and feedback from other Lyme sufferers that to be infected with 5-6 other worms is not unusual.

Sparkle7, started a thread on Parasites and Lyme which talks about this. If you want me to bring it back up, let me know.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Pinelady
Member # 18524

The new presentation by NH explains it all. Our

immune systems are shut off by extended infection

of Bb and allow little buggers to get in whereas in

a normal immune system they would be slaughtered.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

SpottedRocky
Member # 11970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SpottedRocky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blackcat
I see worm like things in my eyes too they are all through my eyes. I posted on here about them in the past and only came across one other person that has seen them also in there eyes.

After awhile i relized the worms weren't moving and theorized that they are probably tunnels left behind when these worms migrated through

the eyes. So far i have not figured out what they are i've had one exit me about the length of a pencil. So i have been all over the net trying to figure it out but the closet i've come too is

maybe some type of toxcara worm or possibly a filarial worm but it seemed to large for a filarial worm. Focus diagnostic does have a filarial antigen test that they can do i am still waiting on the results of mine.

Posts: 37 | From Ohio | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Lymeparfait you got a good point. What if a child's

immune system is where God intended it to be when

they are born. Protected. Then slowly and quietly

some pathogen/organism is allowed to procreate when

the protection is waning. It has been there all

along but dormant. Then when his immune system is

called to action it is activated and

multiplicated. I believe some would

call that autism.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

lymeparfait
Unregistered

Pinelady,

My intuition leads me in that direction as well.
Besides lyme in my immediate family, my nieces and nephews have autism, various levels, and my inlaws both have alzheimers.

My extended family is overwhelmed with these conditions!

Have been actively involved in trials at Columbia for alzheimers and varius treatment experiements, at the same time as my lyme diagnosis.

The lyme group and alzheimers group at columbia do not share info! I was in shock!

I've also been studying autism and lyme links, and see parallels.

I see connections.

I would love to do a brain autopsy later on my inlaws, as I see co-infection type of signs in their body.

This is a touchy subject with the family who cannot grasp anything about their own immune illnesses as they are not even able to connect their own dots.

I see a connection in my husbands family. My eyes are open lately to connections. That's why this thread is of interest to me. So many connections.

TO LIFE
Unregistered

Dear Lymeparfait,

What are your SX.??

lymeparfait
Unregistered

Glm,

OK...this is rumor and speculation that I have heard from many.

There are some researchers who believe, or I should say speculate that Willie B, after finding the filarial worms in the ticks, and understanding how they are spread through the bite, used them as a mechanism himself to spread the bb in biological warfare.

Infecting the ticks with the bb, in Germany in the black forest during WWII. That he was somehow on the team and felt responsible. That's how he was able to "discover bb"! Because he already knew it was there. Like his was in need of repentance when he came to the USA, and uncovered this to help us?

I don't necessary believe anything about this...but recently have heard this from multiple sources.

This is rumor... but told to me by many who understand bb.

Has anyone heard this?

lymeparfait
Unregistered

To Life:

Columbia University is researching this, via Dr. Fallon.

Along with Dr. MacDonald, who uses the Harvard alzheimers brains.

Have you seen the "under our skin documentary?"

TO LIFE
Unregistered

Dear Lymeparfait,

This should be NO mystery to you, but why can they trace this Lyme hell from Russia 200 hundred years ago.

I do not believe your prior link has any truth to it.

lymeparfait
Unregistered

Which link? Alzheimers, Autism, Wasps and mosquitoes with filaria? Not sure how to answer?

Give me your thoughts and opposing views than we can converse.

I have no answers, just first hand observations recently.

TO LIFE
Unregistered

Lymeparfait,

Were you bit by a tick with a bullseye rash?

If not since all your chat has been on animals etc..

Check out prions.

lymeparfait
Unregistered

All I know is that bb has been around since the beginning of time, from what I understand from researchers. As well as parasites!

But the varieties have mutated into the lyme bb we now see, as well vectors that carry mutated filarial warms along with pesticides and who knows what other things. This is now seen in humans.

Why can't our immune systems now take care of it naturally? It has now been invaded by substances, chemicals or pathogens it does not recognize and is unable to control.

It's like a weed, and sometimes you need to follow the symptoms to dig deep to get to the root of the problem.

Not everyone is a "Dr. HOuse" and can see this.

TO LIFE
Unregistered

Lymeparfait,

I do not beieve the BB has been around since the beggining of time, not for one second, ticks YES.

Did you have a bullseye rash? If you haven't, have you done some research on PRIONS?

lymeparfait
Unregistered

Yes, I was bit by a tick in California, Marin County. Had an extreme bulls eye rash. Thought it was a spider bite at the time. didn't think you could get lyme in CA!

Possibly re-infected in NJ, and most likely bit on the East Coast as a child. These were my symptomatic times.

Believe I also got something from mosquitoes, as I lived on the edge of a wildlife refuge as a child. Mulitiple bites by mosquitoes all summer long!

Had symptoms as a child.

My symptoms progressed into neuro and joint and lung and then lupus. Had it big time....now finally remission from lyme now at least. Still have other issues.

My kids have issues from birth, one was born with a rash on her chin and genetals, and the other a hemangeoma! The rash continued to come and go until puberty. Loads of intestinal trauma from birth. They have minor health issues all of their life.

lymeparfait
Unregistered

What are Prions?
glm1111
Member # 16556

lymeparfait,

Is Columbia doing any research on the Filarial Worm connection?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Tolife I do not need to mislead anyone. Just

trying to make people think on their own. We know

we cannot believe the main stream medical

community. If I had I would most likely be dead

or in a nursing home. That being said. Yes I have

studied Autism as related to vaccine for years.

Since my daughter was 15mths old she has not

received any vaccines for which the MMR gave her

GBS. I do not amuse myself in the knowledge that if

Bb can not be found and identified by most

mainstream labs that there could be a yet

undiscovered cause for autism. I fear not for me

but for others. I have also studied Prions from

the beginnings. I watched in horror as they

slaughtered 80 million cattle in Europe. It still

goes right back to what we can do. Build and

support immune system. And find the causes for

why our immune systems have become faulty in

protecting us.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Dear ToLife,

I have watched for 20 years the autism epidemic

escalate to 1 in 5 in California alone. While being

cautious. It is also noted by the CDC that the

most cases of Microfiliaria are being found in

CA? Could there be a connection? I am a mother of 3 and master of

none. No one is going to listen to

me. This just needs the curtains pulled and the

people to pull together if no one else will. I

don't know what natotech is.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

I don't have Autism or Alzheimers in my family at all.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

glm1111
Member # 16556

I agree that this is not just a California problem and that parasites and worms are a serious co-infection of Lyme Complex.

IMO brain parasites are a huge problem when peoples brains are being compromised.

Examples: Depression, bi-polar, Alzheimer etc. I just don't understand why this is such a mystery. It's like looking for the ring that you have right on your finger.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Pinelady
Member # 18524

To Life that is just what my MD thought I am

sure. It was me who found out I have Lyme and

even after he saw my positive Igenex he still

said I did not have it. My LLMD begs to differ.

No it is not a California problem. But maybe the

best place to start looking. And it appears it is

not the governments problem either. Or else they

would at least put a team on it who is not a

group of doctors who are in the drug companies

pockets. Agree? Micul I commend you on bringing

this discussion to our attention. Is anyone

knocking on your door to have you supply blood

for research? Then where are they getting it? I

Love You Tolife. No matter what you think of me.

Money for research is going to get tighter=state

of the economy and all. If this is a possibility

they do not need to lose the little dollars they

have by someone saying it is not possible. And

it is our responsibility to tell them as we have

compromised immune systems it can.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

NO Way. They only find Prions in fungus and yeast

forms. And the 2 latest out of the 7 known to exit

came from genes. See what I mean. While stating

this opinion it is all true yet often

misinterpreted. It is easier for them to say no way

than to say it could be possible and take a look.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

TO LIFE
Unregistered

PINELADY,

Have you treated for worms????

Pinelady
Member # 18524

No but I am real strickler when it comes to being prepared. How bout you?

--------------------
IgM neg pos

TO LIFE
Unregistered

Dear Pinelady,

I have been in treatment for nearly 3 months of the horror, of parasites. Total LYME treatment a bit over 2 years. I wish I would of only started sooner. Please hang in their.

suki444
Member # 18960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suki444     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micul
I have the worm infection and Babesia too and have taken Doxy and Ivermectin - tho not together. I doubt if I did the treatment long enough for the worms to be gone completely.

I was interested if you found the Babs in your blood though - or if not - what seems to have done the trick in getting rid of it??

thanks for any info
Emma

Posts: 37 | From Whitehead, Northern Ireland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Emma.

The proper way to tackle a filariae infestation is to go after the adult worms first, because that's where the supply is most likely coming from. That's what Vets do with dogs for heartworm. Even if the Ivermectin did work, there would be a constant supply of thousands of eggs on a daily basis from the adults.

Long term Doxy may keep the adults from reproducing.....I don't know for sure. I just checked my blood again yesterday, and I couldn't find any filariae, so it appears that the Iver/Doxy combo is working for me.

I am doing more than the standard dose though. The story that I heard through the Lyme treatment grapevine is to take the appropriate dose for ones body weight on day 1, day 7, and then day 13. I am doing this, except that I am taking the Ivermectin for two consecutive days instead of just one, followed by two consecutive days for each of the next weeks....so double the dose.

According to the study that I posted, it's important to start off with 4 weeks of Doxy prior to taking the Ivermectin, and then continuing it for the next three weeks. I also increased the Doxy to 300 mgs a day instead of just 200. Not getting rid of the filariae could have something to do with not being able to clear Babs. There are other drugs that might be more effective against your strain of worm larvae.

--------------------

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Hey Micul if this works for malaria it may also

work for Bb and these bugs. If you hear neg. let me

know because I know mine are inside cells so I am

trying it.
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:7y3IBDEaLVkJ:www.academicjournals.org/AJB/PDF/pdf2009/6Mar/George%2520and%2520Ojegbemi.pdf+vitamin+E+and+riboflavin+to+reduce+oxidative+stress&c d=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

--------------------
IgM neg pos

micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

PL.

I stopped taking vitamins and supps (esp mag/cal) over two years ago, and I believe that it has been a big part of my doing so well. It was my experience that supps were/are beneficial, but that applies to the organisms that we are trying to get rid of as well. Malaria protocols are very short term, and I doubt if there was any long term analysis of two groups.

I made up three more slides to look at yesterday in order to check for filariae, and they all came up clear. So it seems that the Ivermectin is effective. However; I came accross what looks to me like a blood fluke that has not been affected by it. Whatever it is, it doesn't absorb the stain like the filariae do. You can see that it is tranparent, and I could only see it under high power with immersion oil. It's bigger in diameter and shorter than the worms. Here are the pics, top and bottom halfs. The third one was pre- Ivermectin, and I'm not sure what it is....looks like a squid [Smile] : Remember that all of these parasites are microscopic. They can't be seen even with a magnifying glass.

-

-

-

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

Micul,

These pictures are fantastic!!. Are you having any symptoms at all? What method do you use to obtain your blood? Please keep posting these as you see them and let us know what's working.

Thanks,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement