LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » diflucan dose

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: diflucan dose
robfar
Member # 20250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robfar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am on cedax for 10 days now. my previous llmd (dr c ny) had me on a month of amoxy 3000 a day and never mentioned yeast.

at the end of the month i developed a terrible quesy stomach, anxiety, loss of appetite and white tongue.

my new llmd dr s from nj immediatley said i was developing candida(looked at mouth and did muscle test) he did not treat me for lyme until my igenex results came back.

(it did come back igenex positve on the igg and igm.) in the interum he did give me diflucan 100 1x day.

he also started me on cedax and the first week the above symptoms started getting better.

now for the last 2 days i feel like i am having the quesy stomach, anxiety sleep problems(waking up at 3 am with the quesy stomach feeling).

he thinks it is from the lyme and this is a herx(also have some mild foot pain, crawling feeling on head and a stretch mark rash).

just wondering if anyone has had smiliar and also could it be yeast ande not the lyme with the
stomach problems.

thanks
bob
IGM 18++ 30++ 34++ 41+ 58++
IGG 39+ 41++
neg coinfections

--------------------
rjf

Posts: 62 | From pt pleasant nj | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could certainly be yeast. He gave you only one pill????

Candida Diet and Elimination:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read your other post and will assume you are taking Diflucan daily. Let's hope so!!

you could be having a yeast herx.... or it could be from Lyme too .. ??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rob

foot pain and stretch mark rash could also be bartonella. Were you tested for coinfections?

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robfar
Member # 20250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robfar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was tested for bart at mdl labs and it was neg. i also read bart can cause stomach issues.

are there alot of false negitives in bart tests?

--------------------
rjf

Posts: 62 | From pt pleasant nj | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on 100mgs per day too....it's plenty...you don't want to be overdoing the diflucan either....

btw pt pleasant is great...go down there a lot...

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saskat
Member # 20273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saskat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry you're suffering. It's always hard to pinpoint the cause.

The red marks might be bart???

You could also be herxing from yeast at the same time. My initial yeast herx on diflucan just about put me in orbit--all of my symptoms worsened.

Try to start applying the 5 step candida elimination plan referenced earlier in this thread.

It's not an instant cure, but it does help!

Posts: 55 | From US | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robfar
Member # 20250

went to the er last night as the nausea was unbearable. also had developed chills, no appetite at all and a fever. they were nice, took xrays of stomach and blood. all neg. fell sick today. the llmd told me to stop the cedax and the diflucon andup the probiotics. i am so lost and depressed and now startin to doubt that it is lyme and maybe something wrose like cancer. i went to a gastro guy and he is doing a endoscopy tomorrow even though i had on in november.
any words of comfort would help. very depre3ssing as i have 2 young kids and i hate them seeing me like this.

--------------------
rjf

robfar
Member # 20250

my igenex results were

IGM 18++ 30++ 34++ 41+ 58++
IGG 39+ 41++
neg coinfections

could candida cause these problems.

--------------------
rjf

Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there. Let us know how the endoscopy goes. Your numbers look like lyme to me. However, you may have the whole kit and kaboodle of stuff like me. I have high EBV, H Pylori, lyme, as well as some parasites for good measure.

I have read a lot about H Pylori lately. It can cause a lot of body wide symptoms, some being low appetite and nausea...

Perhaps have your gastro run a stool sample... I used Metametrix (lab).... Maybe your LLMD will even run these tests... It's good to get the full picture. Lyme throws a big kegger when the immune system goes down...

--------------------

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Low appetite and nausea were caused by babesia for me.

Treat one bacteria and symptoms of other infections come out.

When I treated Lyme my babesia symptoms went wild.

Treated babesia and bartonella symptoms were worse.

GI issues can also be caused by bartonella.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that there are many strains of both Bart & Babs that we do not yet have tests for.

Where is the rash? Have you gained/lost a lot of weight rapidly that it might actually be stretch marks?

Laying down too soon after taking meds & not drinking sufficient water to wash them down can result in esophageal irritation which can also cause nausea & decreased appetite.

I think yeast overgrowth in the esophagus might make you feel that way too.

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robfar
Member # 20250

the rash has been in the same spot everytime i get it. it is on my back torso near my underarm. right side.

the first rash was 3" long and kind of thick.

the second time is was about 1.5" and like a stretch mark i used to get when i was young and first lifted weights. ( i am not lifting latley)though it was more redish .

i have lost weight so i know it is not a stretch mark. it is strange that my stomach trouble happens right after these rash appear.

thanks for the comforting words. i am schedualed for the endoscopy today at 3;30.

--------------------
rjf

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i always feel better on diflucan

new doc wants me on 200mg a day

he doesn't seem very worried about testing liver either

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Yeah, it does sound like a possible Bartonella type rash....

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement