LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » whats My Igenex test Mean?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: whats My Igenex test Mean?
jessie86
Member # 20045

Icon 5 posted      Profile for jessie86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, i Finally got my Igenex results from my doc, It says i'm Igenex & CDC Neg.

but theres some bands present.could someone take a look and kinda give me some ideas?

IGM results
18kDa. +
22kDa. -
**23-25kDa.-
28kDa. -
30kDa-
**31kDa.-
**34kDa.-
**39kDa.-
**41kDa.+
45kDa.-
58kDa.-
66kDa.-
73kDa.-
**83-93kDa.-

IGG Results
18 kDa -
22 kDa -
**23-25kDa -
28 kDa-
30 kDa-
**31 kDa-
**34 kDa-
**39 kDa IND
**41 kDa ++
45 kDa -
58 kDa -
66 kDa -
73 kDa -
**83-93 kDa -
thanks in advance for any help.
Kat

Posts: 57 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG, I had to see this to believe it. Igenix does do negative tests!!!!!!!!! Wow. [Smile]

Some will say the IND on band 39 IgG may be meaningful and to do an antibiotic challenge and more bands may pop out. It could be.

We need more info (symptoms, exposure, etc.) to comment better. In all my time here, I've never seen such as negative IgM and IgG WB from this lab. Usually, they always toss in a bunch of IND bands at minimum.

If I saw more tests like these, I'd have more faith. That aside, I truly hope you find what's ailing you.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
41 means some bug with flaggelin. 39 is very

specific for Bb. I would find a LLMD who can help

you. You may be one of those like me you have to

kill some before you get a good reading. It is

called a challenge. I did before testing I

am pos.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessie86
Member # 20045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessie86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know seekhelp, my thoughts also.

i have about 50 of the 60 or so symptoms of Lyme, and have been diagnosed with cfs/fibro for over 15 years now.

i can remember being bitten by ticks as a child, and was never really healthy after.

i have also been bitten a few times as an adult, so i know theres possible exposure there.

i honestly dont know what to do, if i go to a Lyme Doc, it's gonna cost me $ i dont have, although i have great Ins.

And my cfs doc, who is Great, would probably not put me on abx, as she thinks it's not lyme because of the Igenex test.

i have even thought about doing the abx on my own, but dont want to make myself sicker. it's a loose loose situation..... Sigh

But thanks to you & Pinelady for your input, i appreciate it.

Posts: 57 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessie86
Member # 20045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessie86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooh yea, Pinelady, what is Flaggelin?? some nasty parasite from the tick?
Lymeorsomething
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The flagellum is the whip-like appendage some bacteria use for propulsion...

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jessie -
You've probably already heard this before but in case you haven't, let me start by saying that a diagnosis of lyme is a clinical diagnosis.

A negative test cannot rule out lyme disease. You need a doctor who understands lyme disease and can evaluate you properly. If you don't already, please get an ILADS doctor.

Look at Dr. C's WB explanation
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/42077?

Even according to Steere, band 18 NEVER shows up in controls.

look at page 75 and 78 for info on band 18.
http://www.lymeinducedautism.com/images/Lymewhat_is_it_part_3,_LIA.pdf

Seek - I think around 45% are found negative. By the time someone is tested at IgeneX, most other illnesses have been ruled out and lyme disease is higly suspected so lyme is a likely diagnosis.

PLUS, all the other things that you already know.
IgeneX tests for more bands, more strains, etc. etc....

Many people who get tested and are negative take their doctor's word and don't even bother to post here. I had 5 bands positive at IgeneX and an IgeneX positive but didn't post here because my doctor said it was negative. 3 different doctors told me it was negative. They were wrong.

Best of luck to you jessie.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll second that TerryK. I had only one band

migrating in IgG region in 07 and now I am IgM

positive. And told for 2 years we don't have Lyme

here. Great Outline TK I wonder if the IDSA has

sent it out to their paying customers?

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LizaLu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizaLu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The flagellin is the tail of the spirochete. Only spirochetes it will identify is Bb and Syph i believe. 41Kda was the only one i got positive before IgeneX. Had 4 positive bands and 3 IND's IgM and 3 IND's on IgeneX. Several IgG's but not positive enough there. Here's a link with info i've seen posted elsewhere, but i dont know how valid this source is...seems good.

Altho Europe is doing fairly progressive work on IgG and IgM bands...but IgM supposedly shows active infection whereas IgG shows past exposure (according to some docs). I'm on the fence with all that--you got bands and symptoms, you got probs. Check this list out and hope it helps!

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Oasis/6455/western-blot.txt

Posts: 123 | From Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Your history of tick bites, plus your 50 lyme symptoms, plus bands 18, 39, and 41 means you should find a good LLMD ASAP to get a thorough evaluation for tick borne illnesses.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ditto!

this link explains what each band means.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Lyme-Disease/Western-Blot-band-information/show/935003

if you have symptoms you need to see a lyme literate doctor. you can also have coinfections that are organisms that travel with the lyme bacteria.

if you dont already have a copy of these guidelines, please print and use for future reference.

http://www.lymediseaseresource.com/BurrGuide2008.pdf

good luck and keep us posted. [Smile]

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitty9309
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitty9309     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seekhelp-

I had a very negative Igenex WB.

It only showed a +41 band and an IND 41 band.

All other bands totally negative.

And I had a bulls eye rash 15 years ago, followed by very typical Lyme symptoms.

I do test positive for Bart. vinsonii berkhoffii.

Posts: 819 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kitty, that's quite interesting. My Igenix WB changed drastically 6 months into treatment after I took a 30-day Abx break. It lit up. Almost CDC positive on both sides. I think Igenex is very careful about issuing CDC positives for some reason.

I guess the lack of immune response issue is real. This is sure a scary disease given it hides so well.

How can anyone test for that strange Bart strain with modern tests? [Smile] Only ones I've heard of are Quintana and Hensale.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitty9309
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitty9309     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bart was id'd by NC State Vet lab.

Do a search for Breitschwerdt and Bartonella.

He is the leading authority in Bartonella.

B. vinsonii berkhoffii is found in dogs and can be transmitted by ticks and other vectors.

I can't wait to re-do a WB, even if it is by Quest, where I work. (It would be no charge for me). It also makes me nervous to think of another negative WB.

Posts: 819 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessie86
Member # 20045

thanks all for the information,since i had a hard time even getting the copy of my test i had a feeling someting wasent right.

even tho it says cdc & igenex Neg.you would think more doctors would treat with a person having so many symptoms

But ooh yea,theres NO LYME in Tx,i don't know what im going to do. i have so many things wrong with me, it's hard to figure out what to try & fix next.

ooh and also does anyone here have sky high EBV titers also?? seems the sicker i get the higher they get. is that a symptom of Lyme also??

im guessing the Lyme keeps our immune system from doing its Job & then we cant fight off any past Viruses we have picked up along the way?

thanks again,
Kat

Nicole_Denise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole_Denise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kat,

Just thought I'd say I had nearly an identical WB to you.

I am seeing an LLMD, and doing an antibiotics challenge.

However, I already herxed quite badly with my antibiotics, and my doctor has said that is more than adequate proof of Lyme.

A positive WB is nice, but you can have Lyme without it.

As to your question about EBV- a lot of people have high EBV titres with Lyme. Lyme screws your immune system up, and lets other viruses back in.

Posts: 503 | From Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessie86
Member # 20045

Hi Nicole,
thanks for the post. are you doing IV abx? or just oral??

i will have to do some hard thinking about finding a DR.i have a few here in Tx within driving distance to me.

i will also have to try & get the husband on board, as he thinks it's not Lyme,( because of the neg test)

i can't seem to make him understand that just because it's mostly Neg, dosent mean it's not Lyme.

Not only are my evb titers up, my kidney function is elevated for some reason, all my cfs doc says about that is Drink more water,Geesh!

theres nothing simple about this disease im afraid, its all an uphill struggle and i keep rolling back downhill [Frown]

thanks again for your Post!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement