LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I feel so good today!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I feel so good today!
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 7 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can hardly believe how much I've improved in the past 2 weeks. With the exception of the tremor in my hands, I feel completely normal!! It's so good to feel normal again after being sick for 5 years.

Vit C IVs have helped me a lot. But I think the real turning point was when my meds were changed on Sept 14th to:

Chloroquine 250mg 1x/day
Malarone 1 tablet 2x/day and
Diflucan 200mg 1x/day for 10 days, then 1 tab every 3-5 days.
Roxithromycin 300mg twice a day. (I was already on tis)

of course regular supplements like acidophilus. I had stopped the magnesium for a while,but am back on it. We think this is contributing to my tremors.

To improve so quickly after having been ill for so many years seems almost miraculous, and I wanted to share this with you so it might help someone else.

I'm thrilled beyond belief! After being housebound because of fatigue, etc, I want to do things again!

Patti

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to add that I've been doing GSE with boneset and teasel root at night also, and last night it had NO effect on me.

I've always had some little herx after drinking it.

Also I forgot to add the roxy that I'm on so I'll go back and add that to the list.

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is SO wonderful!!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise the Lord! This is so encouraging to me today! Thank you!
Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for this positive post.

I think we should all post our times of progress even if they are small.

All things work together for good.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad its working!

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Patti! I bet you've cleaned your whole house, mowed the grass and done everything in the world you want to do when you lay there sick! LOL that's what I do on those good days, overdo it! LOL.

Glad to hear your having good days and it is an inspirarion to us that have been sick so long without relief yet! There is hope.

Hope you have many more good days!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coltman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coltman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great , so let me get it straight you feel better after you added Chloroquine,Malarone and Diflucan ?

Do you know if you have coinfections? Candida?- Diflucan is curious drug -it seems to have many interesting effects

Posts: 856 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coltman, I have Babesia along w/Lyme. I haven't really had any significant candida issues, but my Dr. thought I should take the Diflucan just in case. Some reports have had it being effective vs Bb as well, but that's not the reason I'm getting it.

But yes, I started experiencing rapid improvement after starting these 3 antibiotics. I still feel that the high dose vit C that I started on 8/26 has contributed, but most people don't agree with me.

Before starting these 3 abx, I was on Mepron, Doxy, (high doses of each) as well as Primaquine for over a year with modest improvement. I'm so happy to be off of Mepron and Doxy.

Lisa, yes, I felt so good yesterday that I cooked my own dinner...lamb chops, fried okra, and cauliflower. Yum!

I was a little tired this morning, but now am feeling as well as yesterday.

Patti

WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep it up, glad to hear it! [hi]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
psano2,

That is wonderful to hear!!

How long have you been treating?

You said you were on the previous meds for over a year....is that when you started?

I'm very happy for you...keep us updated!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful news! It is so encouraging to read posts like this. I pray that it will last for you and that you are out of the Lymeland for good!

--------------------
TxLymie
IgG-Negative
IgM - Postive bands 23 and 41

Other dx: 2000: Endometriosis 2009: Chronic EBV, Mycoplasma infection, HHV6, H.pylori

Posts: 297 | From Houston | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparrow
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparrow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on feeling better! I think IV vitamin C is fabulous and wish I could get a doctor to prescribe it for my daughter. How often are you getting an IV?

Also, where do you get your boneset and teasel root and how much do you take at night of the GSE, boneset and teasel root?

Good luck with your treatment and keep posting about your successs!

Posts: 177 | From God's Grace | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news to hear! Best wishes for your continued wellness!

CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear good news for you!

Thanks for posting! It is encouraging to hear about others successes.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!

So I remember you saying you thought it was the Malarone helping over the Diflucan. How big of an impact do you think the Chloroquine is making?

I am currently on Malarone, and feel it does help, but I want to add something else to it. Do you think the Chloroquine is partially responsible too?

My babs seems stubborn (did test positive, luckily), and only certain things affect it. I'm starting to think I need some big guns. Like you, Mepron failed me, and I'm glad I'm off it.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

I've been on antibiotics for 5 years. I started with Bicillin LA injections and Ketek, eventually switched to other meds like Rifampin. I wasn't treated for Babesia for the 1st 3 years because I didn't test positive for it. I only tested positive a couple of months ago, but my LLMD started treating me for it about 1.5 years ago.

Sparrow, I'm getting the vitamin C infusion once a week and the plan is to do 6-8 weeks then reassess. I've been using boneset by HerbPharm and teasel root from Jean's Greens. I take one dropperful of each along with 15 drops of GSE (nutribiotics) at night. I haven't bought boneset for a while but I think I got the best price online from Herbspro.com.

Hoosiers, I'm not sure how much the chloroquine is helping to be honest, but since I'm doing well on this combo, I'll stay with it. Are you taking azithromycin with the Malarone?

thanks for everyone's good thoughts. I'm still feeling good, and the tremor in my hand is also better today.

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for responding!

Yup, I'm on it with Zithromax right now. I'm also going to be adding the herb cryptolepsis, and Enula from Nutramedix.

I was on Alinia with the Malarone too, but it was making me really nauseous, and I was feeling worse on it, in a non-herx kind of way, so my doctor told me I could drop it.

I was hesitant to drop the Alinia, but after only one day off it, I am feeling better. So it was probably dragging me down.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Also, I'm supposed to switch from Zithromax to Biaxin with the Malarone, just to try something new for the Lyme. That should be okay, right?

I saw LymeMD said on his blog that Biaxin interferes with the absorption of Mepron (which is part of the Malarone) by like 40% (which I know the tetracyclines can do)...but I haven't seen that anywhere else about Biaxin, so I'm not sure if he said that in error.

Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a 5-year lymie as well....So so so happy for you!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!
Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Hoosiers, I would think Biaxin should be ok. I'm using roxithromycin bec my insurance co wouldn't pay for zithromax. I was on Alinia for a while, too, but it didn't do much for me.
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Oh Roxithromycin....neat.

Okay...I thought of one more question (sorry!!)

Did the Primaquine seem to help at all?

Just kind of curious about that one. Seems like you've tried a lot, so this is all very interesting to hear.

I'm very happy with Malarone, but still feel I will need to add something else to seal the deal on babs.

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wonderful. it's nice to hear people can beat this thing.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Hoosiers, Primaquine must have helped some, but I'm not missing it now, so maybe it was just helping a little.

By the way, I wanted to share this article which demonstrates that chloroquine may be 4 times stronger than hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil). It was tested on Plasmodium, but still, you could infer that the same would be true for Babesia or any other protozoan.

I gave this article to my LLMDs and it's one of the reasons they put me on chloroquine, since I'd been on Plaquenil before, but it didn't do much for me.

http://jac.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/52/2/188

Beautiful Disaster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beautiful Disaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very encouraging!

--------------------
---Beautiful Disaster---
IgeneX WB: IgM: 18+, 31+, 41+, 58+, IgG: 31++, 39 IND, 41++, 31kda Epitope Test: Positive
Labcorp: IgM: 23+, 41+
No LLMD due to money since Sept 2008. Was on Doxy, I.V. Rocephin (30 days), Flagyl. Also dx with Bartonella.

Posts: 139 | From United States, East Coast-ish | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement