LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Stomach problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stomach problems
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am using Rife type treatment to kill Lyme in my wife. She is currently experiencing stomach problems such as nausea.

This is not the first time this has happened. As a matter of fact, no matter what method of treatment we have used in the past, stomach problems will crop up after a while. It is the reason we have had to stop using Cumanda, Samento, MMS.

I have always assumed that it was the treatment, when it was oral treatments. Now I am thinking it may be just a result of Lyme die off. Frequencies should not cause this reaction, and I am just as exposed to her frequencies as she is, and I have no such problem.

My question is, does anyone really know if these stomach problems are a result of Lyme die off?

Or is there some other factor that is involved. I just have a hard time believing that all treatments cause stomach problems, especially ones that do not involve ingesting something.

How many other people experience this? I feel like I may be missing something.

The good news is she is progressing forward, although not in a straight line.

Thank you.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dan,

It has been my experience that the parasites I had in my G.I. track caused me a great deal of stomach distress.

I had an occassion to view some rife frequencies a while ago and I noticed that some of the frequencies also suggested using antiparasitics.

G. I. distress is also on the symptom list for parasites. Perhaps adding some antipoarasitic herbs or salt/c could bring her closer to remission,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you do the herbs, start one at a time...then add the others in slowly so you can help determine which one is causing the problem. COuld be a die off of Lyme in the gut, or just the meds/herbs upsetting her stomach. Try adding one at a time, and going slowly.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is only taking Krill Oil, Ginger, Turmeric Magnesium and a multivitamin as far as supplements go. It usually when she misses taking these that she has more trouble. The ginger certainly is masking this problem much of the time, but she should not need it.

The other treatments I mentioned were used a long time ago. We exclusively use frequency treatments and nothing else now.

It is not always present, but comes and goes. She will be fine for weeks or months and then out of the blue it starts again.

It is more of a nuisance than anything else, but the cause is perplexing. It bothers me more than her.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Has she recently changed brands of magnesium? Sometimes that can be rough on my stomach.

I have to remain gluten free but that is due to celiac. That has helped my stomach pain the best.

DGL can stop nausea very fast for me, within minutes. DGL has helped my stomach problems (it is a form of licorice with the part that can be stimulating removed). Some people do fine with licorice and it can really ease pain even from an ulcer.

Also, Seven Forests Coptis & Evodia tablets have been miraculous for me for at times of severe nausea.

The real winner - that can stop vomiting from erupting- if taken immediately - when that cold sweaty "uh,oh" hits - is Pill Curing.

If the ginger is not helping her nausea, she might try Pinellia. Ginger can actually trigger vagus nerve while pinella calms it.
Seven Forests has some formulas.

==============

From The One Earth Herbal Sourcebook (Tillotson)

http://oneearthherbs.squarespace.com/important-herbs/pinellia-tuber-pinellia-ternata.html

PINELLIA TUBER (Pinellia ternata)

Excerpt:
. . .

In animal experiments, taste stimulation by pinellia tuber caused suppression of gastric vagus nerve activity, while stimulation with ginger root caused an increase in nerve activity.
. . . .
================

A search of "nausea" from that same book bring up many things to consider:

http://oneearthherbs.squarespace.com/display/Search?searchQuery=nausea&moduleId=1405778
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
As for if lyme die off can cause nausea. Sure has for me. And here is how I think that might work.

The liver is connected to digestion. If the liver is stressed, the stomach will ache. And, with increased toxins stressing the liver, there may be more in circulation. As, the inner ear is the first system to detect toxins, nausea can be triggered from the ear early warning system, even if vertigo is not noticed.

So, looking at adjusting the liver support and toxin elimination- or just holding tight for a while - this may improve.

There are other things that cause nausea, though. I hope this eases soon.

------

Porphyria will also bring on gut issues. There are many types, KPU is just one. Beta carotene should help with that. If you want more detail here's a thread with lots of links:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=071168

Topic: PORPHYRIA LINKS - Re: Cytochrome P-450 liver detox pathway (and KPU links, too).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

She has had no supplement changes, but it does happen a lot when she does not take them.

I have lots of information to consider, in addition to investigating Porphyria.

I have considered getting some Humaworm for both of us. I know I had parasites a couple of years ago, since I could see them. MMS killed them off, but I may have more by now.

My wife is real squeamish about parasite treatment. So squeamish that I think she would rather have them and not know about it, than risk seeing one dead in the toilet. She has told me as much. Not super rational thinking, but I think I could get her to do it, eventually.

Heck, after using a Rife machine, I would think an anti-parasitic would be tame by comparison.

Thank you all for the assistance. Some times my head just hurts from thinking about all of this crap.

Dan

Sparrow
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparrow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried any parasite frequencies? Just curious how effective rife is for parasites.
Posts: 177 | From God's Grace | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, I understand your head hurting from thinking about all of this.

I dont' think any of us wanted a complete education in Lyme & Co to be our main focus in life.

Can your wife tie her nausea to any type of food intake?? I find I have stomach issues after eating anything spicy. We are so focused on the Lyme treatments etc, we forget the day to day stuff.

Also, you said you are as exposed to the frequencies as your wife is. I'm looking at a rife machine, and I thought you held onto rods to direct the frequencies through your body.

Do the frequencies also emit through the air to those around you? If so, why the rods?

Keeping you BOTH in prayer.

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KaitlinB
Member # 11718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KaitlinB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an excellent article which discusses a number of gastrointestinal symptoms caused by Lyme, nausea being one.

It has been posted here before, but is worth another look.

http://www.thehumansideoflyme.net/viewarticle.php?aid=62&PHPSESSID=7c43f59bb82ddcaf972003869204dae3

I hope the URL comes up as a hyperlink...if it doesn't, sorry. I don't have time right now to figure out how to do it.

--------------------
Kaitlin

Posts: 67 | From CO | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

We used to use a GB-4000 contact machine, but now we are using a plasma tube device instead. Holding on to contacts for an hour or more at a time is not very convenient.

I still use the GB-4000 sometimes, but I connect it to the EMX plasma tube machine so no holding of anything is needed.

I sit close by and control the machine. This way I can run any frequency and she does not know what I am running. I can pick out effective frequencies by her reaction to them. She always has reacted to them with joint or nerve pain.

I feel nothing from any of them.

I have not ran any parasite frequencies, but I suppose I could try them. Since there is so many possibilities with parasites, I question if this is the best method to use. Frequency methods need to be so precise, and is hard enough when you know what you are aiming for.

The link makes some sense to me. She also has a distorted taste like they mention in the article.
Nothing tasted good to her. She had two things yesterday that tasted like mold, and only one of them could possibly have had mold.

No particular food makes her ill when this happens. Everything makes her nauseated.

I have treated for H-Pylori, and I know this frequency works, at least in the stomach. I had this infection at one time. She does not respond to treatment for H-Pylori.

The only variable as to when it occurs is if she misses her supplements. The Krill Oil, Ginger, and Turmeric must be alleviating the symptoms or directly killing some Lyme.

I am just wondering if another bacteria could be responsible for this, but I have no real way of knowing. H-Pylori is the common one, and I am quite sure it is not that.

Is there another known co-infection that could cause this reaction?

Dan

Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, did you find one machine to work better? Other than the inconvenience factor that is.

One site I read said the Plasma machine is better, but then... they were selling the plasma machine. =)

So much to sort out... so little brain. =)

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

I think the plasma machine may work slightly better, but that is going to vary with the output of the device. It is hard to tell for sure, they are so close.

Her stomach was fine today, so I think I can safely say that it is die off that causes the stomach problems.

I skipped two days of treatment, and when treating after that she had the problem. I think I am going to have to treat every single day, if I am going to kill the last of this, if that is possible.

Thank for all of the information. I learned some new things.

Dan

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement