LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Now have yeast. Stop ABX?? Help?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Now have yeast. Stop ABX?? Help?!
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on ABX for three years for Lyme and Co. Have yeast overgrowth. And tested positively for Candida in a big way. Do I stop abx...what to do?
Posts: 298 | From los angeles | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here's some good info for you [Smile]

yeast & candida Lymetoo/TUTU's links:

Candida diet and elimination:
Lyme symptoms list compared with yeast symptoms
Yeast Infection, The Silent Epidemic from dentist, docdave

, 8-07
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=068288#000001

CANDIDA,,,WHAT LLMDS ARE MISSING by Bugg, .7.7.08..excellent!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=068694

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coltman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coltman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lalyme:
Have yeast overgrowth. And tested positively for Candida in a big way.

What tests are this? What are your numbers?
Posts: 856 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coltman,

The tests are IgG and IgA. IgG is 1.72

and the IGM is 1.00.

Both are flagged in the tests results which say that the norm is less tha .89

Posts: 298 | From los angeles | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi lalyme!

Your PM mailbox is full! So..

You do not have to stop taking abx, but I would ask your doctor for a RX to get it under control. He may suggest several rounds of Diflucan or Nystatin or something even stronger.

I am surprised he did not give you something after review of your test results.

In addition, are some good suggestions that really work for keeping candida at bay. This may seem like a lot of info, but its just a few steps.

First and foremost: DIET - no carbs, sugar all promote yeast

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

that includes, mayo, vinegar, pickles, alcohol, coleslaw and anything FERMENTED or that has mold, such as cheese, mushrooms. all FEED yeast.

only yogurts without sugar or aspartame and sugar are ok. keifer without sugar is also recommended.

NEXT: high culture/high strain refrigerated probiotics are extremely necessary in combating yeast are a must!

some great over the counter brands are: Megaflora from Megafoods, Renew Life Ultimate Flora Critical Care, and NSI 15-35. you can get them in a good health food store.

probiotics do not kill yeast, but just replace the good flora bacteria that abx is killing along with the bad bacteria (lyme & co's)

remember to compare the number of live cultures and strains before purchase. the more cultures/strains the better. minimum of 20,000 live cultures/8 strains is a good start.

THIRD: in addition to having additional flora, you may want to start taking an herbal antifungal such as fungal defense or oregamax 2-4 times a day as a preventative.

other natural herbs that KILL yeast are: olive leaf, coconut oil, grape fruit seed extract, garlic, pau d'arc, etc. personally, the most effective was oregano.

FOURTH: detoxing is also helpful in keeping candida at bay. some good suggestions would be steam, sauna, exercise (sweating if possible), lemon water, added fiber, warm bath soaks, etc.

If you still get candida, or you want to be extra proactive, you could also add enzymes in addition to probiotics and natural antifungals:

Candizyme is an enzyme blend, and my LLMD suggested I take this. I have also used Digest Gold by Enzymedica.

For VAGINAL: yeast guard is a great vaginal aid which is a blend of vinegar and water. it helps to neutralize the ph in the vaginal area. this is found at target or pharmacies. or, the good old fashioned way, small amount of vinegar mixed with 2 cups of water.

Yeast starts on the tongue! dipping your toothbrush in bleach and rinsing well with water each time you use it will kill any live yeast organisms left on your brush. you can actually REINFECT with yeast that lives on your toothbrush!!

one more thing, birth control can REALLY increase the candida issue too.

do consult with your doctor.

good reading:

http://www.lymediseaseresource.com/BurrGuide2008.pdf

http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/candidadiet.html

http://www.candida-cure-recipes.com/candida-cleansing.html

good luck!

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coltman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coltman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lalyme:
Coltman,

The tests are IgG and IgA. IgG is 1.72

and the IGM is 1.00.

Both are flagged in the tests results which say that the norm is less tha .89

I dunno I have same numbers for Candida and I didnt even take abx
Posts: 856 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coltman.. Many of us had yeast before treatment began. Lyme suppresses the immune system and makes it easy for yeast to take over.

Here is a good comprehensive link on diet and a 5 step approach to knocking it out.

I would definitely ask your dr for Nystatin and Diflucan. I took Nystatin TABLETS everyday during treatment for Lyme.

( the liquid contains sugar and the powder is nasty )

DIET is one of the most important aspects of keeping yeast under control.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Thank you all so much!!! Just bought Oregano Oil and started Diflucan. Any recs for best place to get nystatin?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement