LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » INFLUENZINUM 200C totally worked for me! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: INFLUENZINUM 200C totally worked for me!
Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been suggesting that people might want to purchase some homeopathic INFLUENZINUM 200C as a `preventative' remedy, to be taken once a week if there's been exposure to the flu - ANY kind of flu.

Just one dose a week is recommended during times of probable exposure, or if you know for certain that you have been exposed. Personally, I would not take it unless I suspected exposure.

Even if you do get the flu, it should be a milder case. INFLUENZINUM can also be used for treatment, though I find little in print about its use for that. (So, I basically tested it out for that - see below.)

Personally, I've also got the homeopathic flu medicine Oscillococcinum on hand for treatment of any type of flu, including H1N1. You can get Ocillo just about anywhere these days. It works best if started within the first 24 hours of symptom onset.

In fact, both of these medicines work best if taken ASAP. Don't wait until you get the flu and then start thinking about getting the medicine!

I've been studying homeopathic flu prevention for about a year now, including the H1N1 virus. I've reviewed about 600 articles and comments. I've done my homework and what I post here reflects my personal choices based on what I've learned.

I ended up getting exposed to the flu or some kind of nasty bug and began having symptoms Saturday evening. It started with a sneezing fit, then I started to develop an ugly cough with lots of mucus in my throat and the sensation that I was developing mucus or fluid in my chest. These seem to be typical of at least one manifestation of H1N1 flu going around, but I can't be sure.

I actually waited 2-3 hours to make sure the symptoms didn't just go away on their own. They got worse rather quickly, especially the cough that seemed to be going deeper into my chest. I knew I was in trouble after a couple of hours.

After considering a few other remedies, I decided to take a dose of homeopathic INFLUENZINUM 200C before I went to bed.

INFLUENZINUM has been used historically as both a preventative and as a treatment. I haven't read much about its use as a treatment so I thought I'd give it a good `test' since I'd already developed some symptoms.

I was impressed! The INFLUENZINUM cleared up all the symptoms - the cough, the throat mucus, and chest symptoms - even before I fell asleep (about an hour)!

The following morning, none of those symptoms had returned! In fact, I felt rather GOOD. Better than normal, in fact. Woo hoo!

There were a couple of odd things early the next morning which simply confirms that I had SOMETHING going on that the remedy totally knocked out. I noticed that my face was flushed, my eyes had that `sparkly' look like you can get when you have a fever, and I felt warm rather than my usual chilly self. Sure enough, I had a slight temperature - about 1-2 degrees higher than normal. But I felt just fine.

I did my usual `Sunday morning breakfast buffet' with a friend at a local restaurant, and by the time I came home, I was no longer flushed and I was back to my usual chilly self.

The only other odd thing was that I had a lot of pressure in my head and face and top teeth that morning. Not pain, just pressure. And my nose seemed stuffed up. I drank a couple of mugs of strong lemon with honey and the pressure and stuffiness all went away by early afternoon. I have some sinus issues anyway so not sure if it's related or not.

So, there you have it. I `took my own medicine' that I've been suggesting to others, and it totally worked for me!

* Will it work for everyone? Probably not. Nothing works for everyone. It's worked for thousands of people. It worked for me.

* Is the `flu' gone for good? I have no idea. If it comes back, I know what to do. If it doesn't work, I'll move to another remedy like Oscillococcinum.

* Is it safe? Yes, even for kids and infants.

* Is this a new medicine? No. It's been in use for at least 100 years.

* How do you take it? My plan is to take one dry dose a week during times of possible exposure to flu for prevention. Or, for treatment of flu symptoms, directions are on the bottle.

* Are there side effects? No, not in the traditional sense. Most people won't feel anything at all. Other people might feel a bit odd. You might have vivid or peculiar dreams for a night or two. Sometimes symptoms will get a little worse initially, but that doesn't last long.

* Will INFLUENZINUM interfere with conventional medications or supplements? No. Medications can sometimes prevent homeopathic remedies from working but there's no way to know in advance if that will happen. It will either work or it won't. Also, stay away from strong-smelling substances around the time you take the Influenzinum. Don't put anything in your mouth for 15 minutes before and after you take a dose of the remedy.

* Do they carry it at health food stores? Doubtful, but they might. Call and find out. My health food store has decided to carry it.

* If they don't, where can it be purchased? I got mine here. I like their particular formulation of INFLUENZINUM, which is a generic version (not matched to specific flu strains). Their minimum shipping costs are kind of high but I can't help that. I like their products: http://a2zhomeopathy.com/cgi-bin/homeopathy/page.cgi?g=2;alpha=i

* What size bottle, what size pellet, what potency? Most people will be happy with the 2-dram size bottle in the #20 size pellets in the 200C potency. That's a good size for 2 or 3 people. ($8.95 as of this writing.) If there are more people in your family, get the next larger size bottle.

* Will this medicine go bad or `expire'? No. If you keep it from excessive heat, light, and moisture, and away from EMFs like computers and microwave ovens, it should last indefinitely.

Instead of any flu shots, I'll reach for INFLUENZINUM if I feel the need.
Instead of questionable anti-virals like Tamiflu, I'll use Influenzinum, or OSCILLOCOCCINUM, or a similar remedy.

We Lymies have enough to manage without getting sick with the flu. This is a very inexpensive, simple, holistic approach to flu prevention and/or treatment. And what better time to have it on hand than this year!

Have a happy, healthy flu season!

(This information should not be construed as medical advice; it is my personal protocol that I will use or have used. Always seek the advice of your own health care professional for any serious illness.)

[ 10-13-2009, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Truthfinder ]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone is interested in purchasing some Oscillococcinum, I see that Vitacost has 12 doses of Oscillo for less than $12. That's a pretty good deal!
http://www.vitacost.com/Boiron-Oscillococcinum-Homeopathic-Flu-Symptoms-6-Doses-Bonus-Pack#ProductDetails

Check out the reviews of Oscillo at the Vitacost link above to see what `real people' have to say about it.

I have it on good authority that Oscillo still works just fine if you take 1/2 of a dose (vial) instead of the whole vial. That's what I plan to do if I ever need to use it.

A recent article about OSCILLOCOCCINUM.....

quote:
Swine Flu H1N1 the Natural Solution
September 10, 1:50 PM NY Alternative Medicine Examiner Ralph Forde

Over 5 million French people and over $20 million dollars is spent on a little known but much used homeopathic remedy to treat the flu. Homeopathy has recently become Europe's fastest growing form of alternative medicine. Last year sales of homeopathic medicines in Europe topped �3 billion.

Debate about how it scientifically works are heated but most Europeans are now going to a homeopath as their first course of treatment and 20 per cent of Scottish GPs currently practice this medicine. Many scientific studies have been carried out that proves its efficacy medically and especially in flu outbreaks like this swine flu H1N1.

This medicine could be the natural solution for the epidemic. No nasty chemicals and it reduces the flu symptoms by three days in comparison to a vaccine that has not been tested and will take up to six weeks to create an effect. Most importantly this remedy could help regulate the deadly `cytokine storm' effect of this flu.

Oscillococcinum was first studied in France during the 1987 flu epidemic caused by an H1N1 virus similar to the swine flu of today. This multi-centre study examined the effect of Oscillococcinum (200C) on the early symptoms of flu. Results were published in the peer-reviewed British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology.

More patients in the treatment group recovered completely in the first 48 hours than the control group (17 percent of patients with active treatment compared to 10 percent of controls). More patients in the treatment group also judged the treatment as better compared to the placebo, 61 percent vs 49 percent.

In 1990 German scientists replicated the French study of Oscillococcinum. They used the same criteria as the previous study. After 48 hours of treatment with Oscillococcinum the treatment group had considerably milder symptoms than the control group, and the number of patients with no symptoms from day two onward was significantly greater in the treatment group 17.4 % compared to the control group 6.6 %.

Both of these studies show a significant curative effect of a homeopathic medicine in the treatment of flu in carefully conducted, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials. Conventional antiviral drugs reduce the duration of flu by about one day if taken within the first 48 hours of illness.

These studies shows that homeopathy carries the potential to make a dramatic difference in any flu epidemic without the risk of drug side effects. Some of those drugs have now been linked to heart problems and do not address the `cytokine storm' of this swine flu H1N1.

http://www.examiner.com/x-22384-NY-Alternative-Medicine-Examiner~y2009m9d10-Swine-flu-H1N1-the-natural-solution-20-million

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From a recent article about Influenzinum:

quote:
Use of the Remedy INFLUENZINUM as a Flu Preventive was 90% Effective in a French Survey.

Sunday, September 27, 2009
Excerpt from FLU: Alternative Treatments and Prevention
by Randall Neustaedter OMD, North Atlantic Books, 2005

In 1998 the French Society of Homeopathy conducted a survey of 23 homeopathic doctors concerning their use of Influenzinum as a flu preventive (Coulamy, 1998). The survey included use of Influenzinum over a 10 year period (1987-1998) in 453 patients.......

......Results of the survey were remarkable. In approximately 90 percent of the cases no instances of the flu occurred when Influenzinum was used preventively no matter what the dosage protocol.

Among the physicians the effectiveness was deemed good to very good in 90 percent of the cases. In 5 percent there was no protective effect. Of the patients, 98 percent expressed a desire to take the same preventive treatment the following year.

Certainly this confidence in homeopathic prevention among physicians with many years of experience and their patients speaks to the effectiveness of Influenzinum as a flu preventive. It should be noted that a clinical study that approaches statistical significance evaluating the preventive effects of any homeopathic preparation would probably be prohibitively expensive.

http://www.homeopathy-natural-cure.ca/flus-and-homeopathy
or
http://accessnaturalhealing.blogspot.com/2009/09/use-of-remedy-influenzinum-as-flu.html#

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

** up for anyone interested.... **

Also, I see that there is now an Oscillococcinum for kids. Looks like the same ingredients, so I guess just smaller doses.

Anyway, Vitacost has the kid version as well as the regular version.

--------------------
Tracy

blaze
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the all the information, Tracy. I definitely think it is worth trying - I know I made quite a lot of progress with supplements initially with my Lyme - artemisinin, EDTA, and turmeric were a few that seemed to help, before I even knew it was Lyme.

I currently have high titers of several viruses, too - parvo, HHV6, and EBV. I know I'll test positive for the new virus associated with CFS.

I found this, too...

http://tinyurl.com/yffmkvw

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Tracy! I may order some. I can't take Tamiflu because it makes my heart race badly.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tracy,
I will definitely get oscill. for my entire family today. Thanks for the reminder! My pharmacist has also recommended it for H1N1.

Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ordered the Influenzinum. I tried oscill once and didn't think it worked. I may buy some of that anyway.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opus2828     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for this info. I just ordered some influenzium.

It is good to know that there is something to do about this flu instead of sitting around waiting to get it.

Posts: 581 | From CT | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Will we be able to figure out how to use it?? I hope it's simple!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Thanks for posting. [Smile]

Before I forget, regarding dosing for infants, this is what one of my books says:

"For infants, dissolve the remedy in a couple teaspoons of water and place a few drops on the tongue."

I'm sure all of you will do fine with your choices. Although usually brief, the instructions on the bottle or package are usually pretty clear - and yes Miss Tutu, they are pretty simple. You'll all do great!

For prevention, just review the info and `FAQ' in my first post. If I've failed to cover something or you have questions, post here or drop me a PM and I'll try to help clarify if I can.

Besides what I posted in my first post, here are a few tips:

Tip 1 : The most important thing to remember is: Catch it early! Don't let your symptoms get bad before you start the medicine!

Tip 2 : As your symptoms get better and better, your doses should become fewer and fewer. This is FDA-recognized medicine and should be treated as such. (And if the box of Oscillo says something different than that, then follow what the box says. I sent my box of Oscillo to someone so I don't have a box to look at.)

Tip 3 : If you take Influenzinum and it doesn't seem to be doing anything after about 3 doses (roughly 6 hours), move to Oscillococcinum. Don't waste time on what isn't working.

Tip 4 : Pursuant to Tip 1, you'll need to have your medicine handy at all times. I would suggest that you get some of those little `pill baggies' in the pharmacy department at Walmart or drug stores and put a few pellets in a baggie to carry in your purse or wallet. (Write some basic instructions on the baggie with a Sharpie pen.) Use a plastic spoon to get out any pellets needed, then throw the spoon away. (Remedies `stick' to everything - avoid using silverware if possible.)

Tip 5 : Let's say your family goes to Grandma's for Thanksgiving and one of you starts to get flu symptoms. You only have 10 pellets of Influenzinum in your little baggie in your purse and there are 8 of you that need `preventative' treatment. The instructions say to take 5 pellets as a dose for adults. What can you do?

Simple. Get a bottle of spring water - any pure water will do - preferably 16-20 oz size. Pour out about 1/3 of the water, drop in 5 pellets of the remedy, and pound the bottle HARD in the palm of your other hand (or on a book) 40 times. You have now created a bottle of liquid remedy with the same properties as the little pellets.

Pour 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of remedy into the cap and toss it under your tongue for a `dose'. Before each additional dose, pound the bottle 10 times. That's it! There's plenty of remedy for everyone. (I take remedies like this all the time.)

I just read another article today about some research showing yet more evidence that flu vaccines are totally ineffective for those who really need them. Only healthy people tend to make antibodies.

Furthermore, no randomized trials have ever been done for any flu vaccine or for Tamiflu because that would be `unethical', according to vaccine-makers. I didn't know that! (How come it's `ethical' for other drugs and illnesses?)

Sheesh. [shake]

--------------------
Tracy

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Will instructions accompany the Influenzium?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Basic instructions will be on the bottle.

--------------------
Tracy

hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the information. I have the Oscillococcinum, but just went to check, and I'm low on it, so will get more. Also, thanks for the tip on Influenzinum, especially the idea of using it as a preventative. Great instructions, too!
Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
n.northernlights
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n.northernlights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You say throw the plastic spoon away, and that remedies stick to silverware too, what about dishwasher?

I got some influenzinum D200 which is what we use here in Europe, I guess the use is the same.

I read on the indian homeopathy forum abchomeopathy that they there make influenzinum every year with new influenza germs...I don't think they are so quick here in Europe. http://www.abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/40407/
http://homeopathyworldcommunity.ning.com/
http://www.similima.com/
http://www.homeorizon.com/homeopathic-articles/materia-medica/26157
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/homeopathy_advice/Remedies/BASIC_REMEDIES/influenzinum.html

[ 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: n.northernlights ]

Posts: 366 | From Europe | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

You're welcome, hopeful. I've got to get more Oscillo myself as I gave mine away. I've never needed to use it but something tells me that this year might be different.....

Do you have any Oscillo experiences or tips to share?

Northern, I did check out your links. I couldn't find anything about Influenzinum in a couple of them, though.

Though it sounds like over-kill to me, I've been told by experienced homeopaths that it takes 1/2 hour of boiling to remove homeopathic remedies from even non-porous materials like metals or glass. A dishwasher doesn't get nearly that hot.

I've often wondered, though, if it would work to put the `contaminated' spoon out in the sun for a day or two, exposing all sides to direct sunlight, then run it through the dishwasher. Sunlight destroys (nullifies) homeopathic remedies so, in theory, that method should work.

I've just found that disposable items are SO convenient, especially when you or a family member is sick. The last thing you want to worry about is proper sterilizing of utensils.

Influenzinum D200 is the U.S. equivalent of a 200x potency, which is the equivalent of a 100C potency. It should work fine. I've seen potencies of 30C and 1M (1,000C) used, though 200C seems to be the most widely used.

``Influenzinum'' is a very generic term, and refers to several formulations available. The ones generally available to the public in the USA are made from flu vaccines. There are a couple of companies that make up new batches of Influenzinum every year using the current year's vaccine.

Will that particular Influenzinum work on the H1N1 flu? I have no idea. If vaccine-makers guessed wrong and the current strain of virus doesn't respond to this year's seasonal flu vaccine, will the Influenzinum made from that vaccine still work? I have no idea. Will last years' Influenzinum work on this year's seasonal flu? I have no idea.

Since homeopathics work on `similars' rather than `sames', it's reasonable to conclude that most Influenzinums will work against most flus. But that's just a `best guess'.

Anyway, I decided to go with a very `generic' formulation of Influenzinum which isn't associated with any current flus or vaccines. The one from Natural Health supply is based on the 1918 flu, and beyond that I can't tell you much about it. I wrote to Natural Health awhile back asking for some clarification but never got a reply. I guess I'll have to call them. They've updated their website and I'm not sure my e-mail got through. They're usually pretty good about responding.

Tip 6 : One well-known homeopath recently recommended the following: When you are aware of exposure or develop symptoms, take a dose immediately of Oscillococcinum if the flu has more involvement with the GI tract, or Influenzinum if there is more involvement elsewhere in the body. And then give a dose (of whichever remedy you used) to the rest of the family at home.

Based on my experience and a couple of cases I just reviewed, I believe this may be very helpful advice!

--------------------
Tracy

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your opinion on effectiveness of this product. I have not had a good opportunity to test these preventative methods for Flu, and I am glad you have tested this method.

It certainly sounds much better than getting a virtually useless vaccination.

Since the shelf life is long, I think I may order some also. I can stop the Flu once it starts, but it would be better not to get it at all.

I just treated my wife for the Flu last night, with Flu frequencies. I am not sure how she feels today, because she left for work before I got up. The fact that she went to work tells me that it must have helped. She was not planning on going yesterday. It has worked before, so it is not like it is a new thing.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Dan, you `Rifers' have an advantage over the rest of us. [Smile]

Glad you mentioned Rifing for the flu...... how is your wife, by the way? Sorry she caught something but there's something very empowering when you have solutions you can turn to right in your own home.

The principle is the same, whether using Rife or homeopathy: Selecting the proper frequencies/ resonances to neutralize the flu bugs.

Re Influenzinum from Natural Health Supply: I spoke with Jim, the owner of NHS on Friday. (NHS is a homeopathic laboratory that produces high-quality, professional-grade classical homeopathic remedies).

Jim did confirm that the NHS Influenzinum is made `from the 1918 flu', which was a swine flu. Technically speaking, it would probably be considered a `nosode', but because it is a traditional remedy, HPUS listed (Homeopathic Pharmacopia of the United States), and been in use for such a long time, it is not currently categorized as a nosode.

As many of you already know, analysis of the current `swine flu' reveals that it contains the original 1918 H1N1 flu virus, the avian flu virus (bird flu), and 2 new H3N2 virus genes from Eurasia. Debate still continues over whether the current swine flu virus is genetically engineered.

(Interestingly, Oscillococcinum is derived from certain birds....)

Please be assured that at the 200C potency of Influenzinum as suggested in this thread, any physical remnant of `the 1918 flu' is long gone and only the energy remains.

After reading what the FDA and FTC are doing to Dr. Andrew Weil over the herb astraligus (for flu), I'd get a supply of this particular Influenzinum while you still can. Over the past 10 years or so, many long-standing, traditional homeopathic remedies have been removed from the list available to the general public here in the U.S.

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Update:
Since it now appears that cats, ferrets, birds and some other pets/animals can contract the H1N1 flu,
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/87684?

I'm looking into homeopathic flu prevention tips for animals from a veterinary homeopath who raises cats. There's nothing in any of my books.

I'd like to get advice from at least one professional before I post anything.

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Well, what I've learned about prevention and treatment of flu for cats and other critters is, basically, whatever works for humans should work for animals. For instance, if Influenzinum 200C worked for someone else in the family (human [Smile] ) to treat or prevent the flu, then use that for the animal.

The only difference is in DOSING. Use a similar method of giving the remedy as you would for infants, even if you are treating a large Great Dane. Here's a `recipe' and some dose size amounts:

quote:
For ANIMALS: `Place 1 or 2 [larger] globules of dry remedy in 3/4 cup water, then stir very vigorously 100 times. [As for dosing], I'd dose a small bird with one drop only, a cat with ten drops, a human with a teaspoon and an elephant with a tablespoon.'
I prefer to use those little 8 oz. bottles of spring water; I just dump out 2 ounces or so, add my dry remedy, pound the bottle hard into my opposing hand 40 times or so, then keep the bottle in the refrigerator. Pound the bottle 10 times or so before using it each time. Give doses with a plastic spoon, then throw the spoon away.

Anybody have any homeopathic success stories to share - or utter failures - this flu season?

--------------------
Tracy

lightparfait
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Thanksgiving Tracy....

I am Thankful for you...and all the unselfish help you have passed onto all here on lymenet...and me personally.

blessing,
lp

Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciate the discussion. I have had some interest in Homeopathy, but not much time to investigate it properly.

I may order one of those Homeopathy kits. I would like to test this stuff out personally.

My wife's recent stomach problems were caused by two different things.

The first was the reduced ability to digest food properly due to Gallbladder removal many years ago. Digestive enzymes resolved that part.

The other part was Herpes Zoster virus still present in the body. While the outward symptoms of the Shingles were gone, she still had some internal viruses. One more frequency treatment cleaned that up, and the rest of the problem disappeared the next day.

She is 100% again, but it is hard to nail down some of these random symptoms, especially when Lyme is involved. It is hard to think beyond the Lyme, and look at other possibilities. Once i looked past the Lyme, I could figure it out.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Why thank you, LP. Very kind of you to say that. [Smile]

Dan, you've done amazing work with Rifing. I am convinced that frequency medicines - like Rife and homeopathy - are the keys to our future health on the planet. And that goes for the way we grow our food, too.

The only kits I own are from Natural Health Supply - the same place where I got the Influenzinum. They are an excellent value when you price out the cost per remedy, and the products are high quality in durable boxes.

--------------------
Tracy

D Bergy
Member # 9984

I just hope i can figure out what to do with the remedies, and what to use them for. I am pretty ignorant on Homeopathy, as i was not sure if there was anything to it.

I have now seen enough evidence that I think it is worth investigating. Plus one personal experience using a mold mix homeopathic solution that seems to have reduced my hay fever symptoms to about 5% of what they were.

It is the first year I have gone without Claritin, in the fall. Hard to argue with results like that.

Dan

springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dan
Are you saying that the rifing helped clear up Viral issues that were left over in a day or two?

Thats pretty amazing. I did read in a rife handbook that it takes 3 days to treat herpes.

I assume that just puts it back into check of course. You can not get rid of viruses . .Right?

So what does the rife do to the virus? Does it knock the load down?

??

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

I do not know exactly what the correct term is, since viruses are not alive to begin with. I would say it disables them for lack of a better term.

I have no way of knowing if I disabled all of it, but the first treatment knocked out the skin outbreak of Shingles, and the second one took care of some remaining stomach problems and weakness.

All I have is the symptoms, or lack of them, to go by.

I have used these treatments on several Cold and Flu viruses and they seem to be easily disabled.

Viruses seem to be much easier to disable than bacteria. Some bacteria are extremely difficult to affect at all.

There is the other variable of which frequencies you are using. I used the standard CAFL frequencies for Herpes Zoster. However when I treated her for XMRV I used DNA derived frequencies, which likely brought out the Shingles. These two different types of frequencies may have different effects.

More is unknown than known about the mechanisms, but if it works, it is useful.

Dan

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Dan, I've been thinking about your situation..... maybe starting with a homeopathic self-prescribing book would be a better plan than starting with a remedy kit. While the remedy kits I have come with a brief description of each remedy, unless your kit is pretty small, that doesn't do you much good when you're looking for a remedy for a cold or flu, or a broken bone or a tooth abscess. You need some kind of book that lists ailments (called a Repertory). So, even if you buy a kit, you'll need a book in order to put the remedies to good use.

If you get a book first, you might go through it and decide that you're better off sticking with Rife! [Smile]

I'll be happy to suggest a few books that cost under $15, and most are available through Amazon. Even better, if you live near a large bookstore, they usually have a few homeopathic prescribing books to browse through to get an idea of how remedies are selected, etc.

Another thing you can do is do a little experimentation with the online Ainsworths Remedy Finder. It's a handy little FREE tool that would give you an idea of the types of symptoms that are important `keynotes' for a variety of common, acute ailments.

Go here:
http://www.ainsworths.com/arf/arf.aspx
Then, choose your condition, hit the `Continue' button on the next screen, then answer a few simple questions. At the end, you'll get a list of 1 to 3 remedies and a brief description so you can decide which one fits your situation best.

Well, those are just a couple of thoughts for your consideration.

--------------------
Tracy

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Please send me a list of books you think are worth getting.

Rife works well when you know the pathogen involved, most of the time. But sometimes you just have a condition with no clear cause, and I think homeopathy would be useful in this context.

You are correct, I need to know much more about this before I can really make any use of it. Winter is about here, and I should have some time.

Thank you for the link.

Dan

D Bergy
Member # 9984

One other thing I like about Homeopathy is that it uses your own immune system to resolve a problem.

That is always the best way, if it is possible. Some of the best healing methods just help the immune system do its job better.

Dan

aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested in your list of recommended books too!
Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought this guy's homeopathic flu remedy kit.

If you bought extra bottles, you could divide between several families in one neighborhood and you would have everything you need for the flu (and he sends you out new remedies as the H1N1 mutates).

flusolution.net

He is an internal medicine doc + homeopath.

Posts: 564 | From Tick Hell | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymedOut
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymedOut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truthfinder,

Would I be able to take influenzium with supplements? I usually take the flu shot every year but have been leaning towards a more natural approach.

--------------------
The advice I give, should not be considered medical advice. My opinion comes from years of research and experience.

Posts: 233 | From Somewhere | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

aMomWithHope, I'll list some books at the end of this post.

LymedOut, supplements and homeopathics generally don't interfere with each other. Really, the thing to remember is not to take a dose of say Influenzinum and start some new supplement you've never had before on the same day. If you have any kind of reaction - good, bad, or odd - you won't know which caused it.

Thanks, peacemama - did you also get some kind of book or guide with your kit? I see the flu kits from flusollution.net are manufactured by Washington Homeopathics. For the most part, they are a very reputable homeopathic lab and have been around for a very long time. One homeopath I know once got a `dud' from them, though - a common remedy that didn't work - so she won't order from them anymore. Hard to know what happened in that instance but they have a good reputation overall.

Books:

The Complete Homeopathy Handbook , by Miranda Castro (1991) - highly rated at Amazon - about $13. I don't have this one but I'm going to get it. Natural Health supply considers it to be the best introductory book on using homeopathics, and they even make a 94-remedy kit that goes with the book. This book is also used as a textbook for some introductory classes on homeopathy.

Homeopathy: An A to Z Home Handbook , by Alan Schmukler (2006) - highly rated at Amazon - about $13. This book covers more ailments and conditions than any other I've seen - Lyme, West Nile, Anthrax and epidemic information, even gunshot wounds - and the ailments are in alphabetical order, which can be very convenient.

The People's Repertory , by Luc deSchepper (1998) - this one IS NOT available at Amazon (last I checked) - $9.95 at Natural Health Supply (and other homeopathic booksellers). It is one of the books recommended by Natural Health. I do have this one and it is by far the simplest to use. It's just pretty limited on what ailments are covered (especially compared to Schmukler's book).

Homeopathic Medicine at Home by Dr Maesie Panos (1981) - a 4-star rating at Amazon - about $10. This one is also recommended at Natural Health. I have this book and just when I think I don't need it, it helps me clarify the needed remedy. It's not the easiest book to use that I have; remedies are listed in tables under various condition categories. Still, it's a good basic book for the most common conditions.

I'd recommend that you check out the reviews at Amazon to see what others say about these books. There are lots of other books out there for treating yourself at home - these are just ones I have some familiarity with.

--------------------
Tracy

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Thank you for the information.

It will give me a head start in learning more about Homeopathy.

Dan

LymedOut
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymedOut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you TruthFinder.

--------------------
The advice I give, should not be considered medical advice. My opinion comes from years of research and experience.

Posts: 233 | From Somewhere | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy, would you recommend me the number 1 and 2 books together? Or just one of them? I'm looking for a Xmas gift for myself!!

Another question: once you caught the infection and got healed by Influenzinum, doesn't it mean you are immunized against it? So no need for further preventive treatment?

I also think I got the flu and mine responded very well with Oscilococcinum, as I told you. Mine and my daughter's. After I added other remedies but I do believe the Oscilo and the Boneset-homeopathic were my main remedies.

Since then, we both have been exposed to confirmed cases of families with H1N1, we ate in their place when their kids were got fever, my daughter played in their house, etc.

I visited them everyday until the last person didn't have fever anymore. Or they came home for 'treatment/testing'. We didn't take anything preventative, because my 'tests' said we were imunized against their flu. We didn't catch anything either.

That is why I wonder, in your case, if you are probably immunized too, even if you didn't develop the bad symptoms (we neither, we even didn't get the fever, but were on the homeopathic remedies for fever!). I wonder what are your thoughts on that immunization or not after influenzinum /oscilococcinum.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy, thank you for the book recommendations. I will read the reviews on Amazon.

I bought one book recently which was recommended by Whole Foods, but I'm not finding it very helpful. I have another one that is very basic and for a beginner, which I do use; however, it is not comprehensive enough, i.e., doesn't narrow symptoms down more to correspond with a particular remedy.

My success story:

We (my whole family, those with Lyme and without) started taking preventative homeopathic Influenza back in early November at one dose per week.

During those weeks, friends all around were falling like flies with varying types of flu (stomach, seasonal, H1N1--who knows, just everyone was extremely sick, and recovery was long.)

On the 4th week (so 4th dose of Influenza), the very next day, I started feeling "weird"--not quite fluish, but not well either. By the end of the day, I had a horrid, excruciating headache, was feeling weak and shaky, and even vomited several times. I took a dose of Oscillo and went to bed.

Next morning, I felt better--still not completely well--but did not consider myself sick. Went about my usual errands, etc., but by pm, once again started feeling ill, felt very weak at the store where I felt like I would pass out, but the feeling passed. Got home, took one dose of Oscillo, went to bed.

Again, woke up next morning--feeling better, but still not completely well, but again not really weird enough to consider myself truly sick. Same symptoms as above in the pm, took Oscillo once in the evening....etc.

By day 4, I was concerned because I had to take my son to participate in a big all-day event at MIT, and I was worried that by the pm, I would once again feel sick, but wouldn't be close enough to home to rest.

Well, I did great. Other than feeling slightly nausea around late morning, I haven't had any more symptoms!

So 3 doses total of Oscillo kicked whatever! (Actually more like 4 doses since I did take one more dose in the pm before bed when we got back from MIT, just to be safe.)

So, did I have the flu? I don't know. When symptoms would hit in the pm, I certainly felt like I did. But every morning, I was pretty much fine.

I do think the Influenza homeopathic helped (it was a brand that was made this year to incorporate the H1N1 flu), and the Oscillo treatment kicked it.

So far, no one in my family has gotten what I had or what has been going around in our circle--hopefully I won't now jinx us.

So that's my success story...........let's hope it continues.

Brussels, I too now am interested in knowing whether or not I am immunized via the exposure.

Good question.

Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

aMom, that is a terrific success story! And the detailed way you presented it was very helpful in understanding why and when you took the Oscillo. Thank you for sharing that! Like you, at first sign of nausea or vomiting, I'd have gone for the Oscillo!

It's too bad we can't know what `bugs' you prevented from making you ill with the Influenza remedy, and what illness it was that finally entrenched itself enough to cause symptoms.

This has been a crazy `flu season' already, and looking at the CDC `flu-like illness' stats from the week ending November 21st, most of these illnesses are not even any type of `flu' at all! They are something else. In all 10 regions of the country, only 11% - 47% are testing positive for any type of flu:

3 regions under 20% testing positive for flu
3 regions under 30%.....
2 regions under 40%.....
2 regions under 50%.....

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/

But stuff like Influenzinum and Oscillo will still work because homeopathics are not dependent on matching the `bug' to a remedy.

aMom, you've reminded me of a warning I've received from a few homeopaths so I'm passing that warning on to everyone: Be careful not to overuse any preventative remedy.

If you hammer the body repeatedly with a certain frequency (remedy) that it does not need (such as a preventative when there is no real threat), there is always a possibility that you will `acquire' that frequency. This means that you can start to manifest symptoms associated with the remedy. While symptoms usually abate once the remedy is stopped, for some people, the effects are more long-standing and help may be required in `undoing' the overuse.

Unfortunately, there are no set rules governing how many doses it would take or which potencies or remedies are more likely to cause this - each remedy is different and so is each person.

That's why it's important to assess the situation in your community and your household before using a preventative remedy. Take it only when there is a distinct threat of contracting an illness, such as definite exposure to people who are clearly ill. This is especially true if you've never experienced any symptoms and already taken a preventative remedy about 3 times.

There appears to be some `cumulative effect' when using preventative remedies so the effects last longer after a few doses.

So for example, even if I were taking care of a sick person at home, or worked in a doctor's office with a lot of sick patients, after about 3 weekly doses of Influenzinum 200C, I'd probably just wait to see if any symptoms developed. Or perhaps I would wait 2 weeks for another dose instead of one week. The circumstance would have to be pretty dire before I continued with weekly doses throughout the flu season.

(aMomWithHope, don't interpret this post to mean that I think you did anything wrong! I do not know your situation so can't make any judgment whatsoever.)

There are some homeopaths who have been taking weekly doses of Influenzinum and/or Oscillo or Aconite for weeks - they do not believe there is much risk. Other homeopaths who have seen some detrimental effects of preventative overuse - or those who have participated in remedy `provings' - are taking a much more conservative approach because of their past experience.

Sorry this is so long - I guess I'm rambling again. Hope this was helpful. I'll make another post regarding Brussels' questions.

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Hi, Brussels - always nice to hear your success stories, too! You have a lot of them!

As for your Christmas present to yourself (nice to know you do that, too), since I know that you often use ART/muscle testing to determine treatment, I think I'd recommend Schmukler's ``Homeopathy: An A to Z Home Handbook''. That book will give you a broad range of remedies to test, and covers more conditions and first aid than the average book. Schmukler's book is a `must have' book for anyone who has a `survivalist' philosophy and wants to be just as prepared for a bioterrorist attack as they are for chicken pox.

Bear in mind, though, that I haven't ever seen Miranda Castro's book, but it's hard to imagine that it covers all that Schmukler's book does.

For those ailments and problems that aren't in your book, there's some free online help. Here are a couple of suggestions.

Boenninghausen's Materia Medica (remedies) and Repertory (symptoms) - I like Boenninghausen's Repertory but his Materia Medica is rather limited:
http://homeoint.org/books2/boenchar/index.htm

Boericke's Materia Medica - more complete than Boenninghausen:
http://homeoint.org/books/boericmm/i/ip.htm

And don't forget about the Ainsworths Remedy Finder. This can be very helpful when treating someone else. Just have them use the remedy finder, then copy and paste the complete results into an e-mail and send the e-mail to you. There might be one that fits them very well with symptoms that they never would have thought to tell you about. And if none of the remedies fit, then you have your book(s).

There are links to some terrific articles at the bottom of this page for help in understanding how to use homeopathics, as well as a link to an interview with Alan Schmukler:
http://www.hpathy.com/office/ElaineLewis.asp

(Also, see an important link in my next post)

I've got an appointment this morning so I'll address the immunization issue later - a very interesting question!

[ 12-03-2009, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Truthfinder ]

--------------------
Tracy

aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Tracy,

Very interesting info regarding possibly overdoing the preventative--I never heard of that and just figured the body would only use the remedy if it was needed.

I wonder now if what I experienced wasn't really a bug but the overdosing of the homeopathic remedy which caused the symptoms to manifest? I hope not.

My original plan of attack for all the flus going around was to take one weekly dose of the Influenza preventative for 4 weeks, then drop down to one dose per month through the New England flu season, i.e., through about March.

With thoughts of switching over to Oscillo as treatment when real symptoms appear.

Now I'll have to think further on that approach.

My family belongs to a chorus so are exposed weekly to basically anything that flies out of people's mouths when singing--LOL--so the winter months are usually quite sickly with strep, etc. that goes around (not with my family but for others in the chorus), so we are exposed to a lot. Plus with my child so sick with Lyme and cos, I figured a healthy preventative would be good.

So far only I have experienced the malaise I described in the previous post.

Tracy, I want to be as knowledgeable as you are with homeopathy! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I always feel like I learn so much on these boards.

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Oh, I almost forgot.....

One of the links on the Elaine Lewis website is to The Aggravation Zapper. IMHO, The Aggravation Zapper link should be on everyone's Favorites list if they use homeopathic medicines.

If you work with homeopathics long enough, eventually you will encounter a situation where a remedy creates some type of negative or undesired reaction. The Aggravation Zapper is a simple method to `zap' or undo those negative effects. It should not nullify the remedy like a true antidote; it will just get rid of the negative effects. It worked quickly for me and for my ex-boyfriend.

The Aggravation Zapper:
http://www.hpathy.com/papersnew/fuller-aggravation-zapper.asp

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

On the question of immunity when using homeopathics to treat flu-like illnesses.........

There are really 2 questions:
1. Does immunity to the illness occur when using homeopathic to TREAT the illness?
2. Does immunity to an illness occur when using homeopathics to PREVENT an illness?

Question No. 1:
Brussels, like you, since I had my brief bout with `the flu' and the single dose of Influenzinum that `cured' it, I've not had any similar symptoms since then - like that awful indication that an infection was beginning in my lungs. I have not been around sick people, though - just the normal exposure when shopping or going to the library, etc.

I did go shopping early on Black Friday -something I've never done before - which amounts to an elbow-to-elbow feeding frenzy for coveted merchandise. Yikes.

I have had `sneezing fits' with runny nose a few times, but I just spray some Thieves Oil mix into the air and breathe some of that in, and that has worked great every time this year. (Yay!)

Anyway, like you, I think I did develop `natural immunity' to whatever I encountered.

As further anecdotal evidence, I did read (on some forum or another) about 2 people who both got the flu, both treated with homeopathics and got well quickly, and then both of them got tested later and found that they had antibodies to the H1N1 virus.

So, it appears that homeopathic TREATMENT does not interfere with the development of natural immunity.

Preventative treatment may still be in order, however, since there's always a chance that another `bug' will be encountered, a bug that may be different enough from the one you already defeated that you won't have immunity to it. I can't be sure on that one.

Question No. 2 regarding PREVENTION:
This is the one I have no evidence for, either way. I just have more questions!

If you take preventative homeopathics and never develop any symptoms during the season, will you still develop antibodies (immunity) to those microbes that you encountered while using prevention?

This would require testing at some point to see if antibodies are present. And if they are not, then does that mean that the bug was never encountered, or does it mean that the homeopathic remedy `cancelled out' the bug too quickly for the body to develop immunity?

And are antibodies a reliable test to determine immunity when employing homeopathic prevention? Could there still be immunity on some level not measurable with conventional methods?

Any thoughts on that one, Brussels?

--------------------
Tracy

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent you a PM, Tracy.
Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Thanks, Brussels - got it!

AMomWithHope, would you mind sharing the titles of the books that you didn't find all that helpful? I'm curious and others might be, also.

On the topic of preventative homeopathic medicine (homeoprophylaxis) safety.....

Please bear in mind that the general safety and efficacy of homeoprophylaxis has been well established over a period of 200 years or so.

Hahnemann himself believed that there were actual benefits to `proving' homeopathic medicines! So, in order to diminish any fears regarding the `proving' of homeopath medicines, intentional or otherwise, here's what Hahnemann had to say:

quote:
[Part of Aphorism � 141 of The Organon states:]

"Let it not be imagined that such slight indispositions caused by taking medicines for the purpose of proving them can be in the main injurious to the health. Experience shows on the contrary, that the organism of the prover becomes, by these frequent attacks on his health, all the more expert in repelling all external influences inimical to his frame and all artificial and natural morbific noxious agents, and becomes more hardened to resist everything of an injurious character, by means of these moderate experiments on his own person with medicines. His health becomes more unalterable; he becomes more robust, as all experience shows."

Well, that's pretty reassuring from the master homeopath himself!

My concerns center mostly on the fact that those of us here on the LymeNet forum are not generally considered `healthy' - most of us have chronic problems. (Formal provings of remedies are done on HEALTHY individuals.)

The people most in need of some type of prophylaxis are those who are not so robust. Those people - like us - may be somewhat more likely to experience reactions to remedies, generally. Thus, I think it's important to emphasize a more conservative approach than what might be customary for the average person.

--------------------
Tracy

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the info. Wally World had N95 Masks on sale. 2 for 5.00 in the Auto dept. if anyone is looking.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

I bought a mask awhile back, and got the wrong kind. Don't think I'll need one but you never know.

Well, I just ordered the Miranda Castro book from Amazon, so I'll be getting that one soon. And guess what I forgot to do.....

I forgot to click on the Amazon link here at LymeNet to place my order! Dang it! Why is that so hard to remember!

[Mad] I had a pretty big order, too - had to order a couple of things for a friend. Grrr.

--------------------
Tracy

Brussels
Member # 13480

Tracy, I am trying to read all the links, interviews you provided for us!! Amazing info, it's soo good to have a guide like you!

Funny to see how Elaine Lewis uses muscle test too for the agravation zapper dilutions!!! Did you see she mentioned just take saliva and dilute it for food poisoning or food sensitivity?

I'm using that still with my daughter, I think the potential for allergy 'cures' are enormous there. Also to regulate what is disregulated (hormones, for example). I can't explain how huge this is as a mode of treatment. At least, I believe so.

On the other hand, I don't see saliva as being very much a place to look into killing options (like a nosode). I don't know why, the homeopathic remedies which are already available almost always test BETTER than the own saliva nosode... Whatever the reason for it... I've seen that many times repeated.

Either I have very good antiinfectious treatments (like the Sanum, the basic killing homeopathic suggestions like Hypericum, Arnica, Ledum, Berberis, Apisinum etc), or saliva as nosode is not the treatment of choice. Just my guess.

Thank you too to explain us about how a preventative remedy would work. A bit like how a vaccine should work ideally, if I understood well.

It does make sense after I read what you posted, thanks again!!

I just keep wondering about the higher potencies, why are them usually on the 200C dilution for this purpose? My muscle tests help me zero for that, as they can't tell me about the future...

And reading about the 1M case Elaine was talking, that the effect of the 1M dilution lasted MONTHS!! My lyme doc told me that M dilutions are weaker... The logic though, if more diluted are stronger, goes closer to what Elaine told (the effect lasting long).

The only funny thing is that the remedies M and LM potencies I took for YEARS on, prescribed by my lyme doc, did test 2 times a day, every single day, for one, two or three weeks and then, stopped testing for good. And I felt better on them.

In this energy medicine world, it is so difficult to 'understand' the functioning of everything...

I loved A. Schmuckler's interview. Very very interesting.

The arnica remedy, is an amazing remedy. I became a fan of arnica. I do think it has amazing killing properties too besides all the other uses.

I bought arnica in many different potencies, since the 3D dilution to 200K or so. Many in between dilutions too. It always surprise me when it tests. Good to know it works for JET LAG!!!! It does look like a witch's remedy, arnica!

Reading what he talks about alopathy, the picture gets so clear now. It's so true.

The only good thing about all the high costs of allopathic treatments is that it is planting the seeds for self-destruction. I feel harmed to know we have to pay so much in taxes for supporting a health system I really don't believe and that I rarely use.

It's so true about the feeling of 'security' when we go to a hospital full of expensive equipment and people dressed white, thinking they know more than you. Some sort of fetischist ritual (sp?) influencing our beliefs!

And when Alan talks about the counter effect of abx, that in suppressing the disease, the disease goes deeper... besides its toxic effects on top. If this is true, then there's next NOTHING in allopathy that is worthwhile. Except for surgery in case of physical damage???

the only big problem I see in homeopathy is that the sicker we are, the less we react with the remedies. I don't know if this is my impression, but I have like a voice in my head that tells me that on and on for quite a long time.

Or it might be that the more toxic we are, the less we react with the remedies... Whatever. I mean, the less curative effectsit has in the deeper levels. At least, that is what I feel.

i wonder if there's anyone talking about that or if you ever heard about that.

In my own healing process, I feel that the more healthy I am, the more any homeopathic remedy works better. It's like there's no barrier for it to act. I feel that with, for example, heavy metal toxicity, no matter what treatment you do, you'll get only half treated if you don't address the toxicity problem.

anyway, I'm just throwing some of my thoughts. I am on a Depyrrol + chlorella day, another layer of heavy metals were flushed out. I do feel extra energetic now.

I feel like anything I do (even just go out and take some sun) will do me better than before...

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Thanks for the great comments and questions, Brussels.

I'm doing some remedy work for a friend with a shoulder injury, and another friend who sounds like he might be heading for pneumonia. Gosh, his cough sounds just awful. (I'm afraid that's what can happen when you wait too long to treat something. [Frown] )

Anyway, I'll have to get back here sometime later........

--------------------
Tracy

aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Just popping in real quick to list the books I have used and own..........will read and catch up with the other posts when things settle down a bit here..............

Natural Health Complete Guide to Homeopathy (DK), by Andrew Lockie & Nicola Geddes: This was the first homeopathic book I ever bought and has to be at least 10+ years old, since I bought it right after my daughter was born. It is very simplistic, which is one of the reasons I like it so much. If I need a quick idea as to how to go about treating something, I can quickly reference this book's ailment charts and get a good idea how to start. The book briefly discusses constitutional types and even gives a quiz to help you identify your own. Even though the book is very simplistic, I actually reference it a lot as a starting point. If this book can still be found, I would recommend this as a good starting book for the very, very beginner.

Holistic Herbal, by David Hoffman: I bought this even earlier than the homeopathic book because I was working at the time with someone who was very knowledgeable about herbals, and she recommended it. I've never really used it per se but have referenced it more lately with the use of herbals for my child's Lyme, etc. Interesting read especially if you want to get more involved in herbal preparation. If not, then I wouldn't necessarily suggest this be the first book you go out and buy.

Everybody's Guide to Homeopathic Medicines, by Stephen Cummings & Dana Ullman: This was the second homeopathic book I bought after realizing I needed more than the basic one listed above. I tend to use both in combination, referencing and verifying one with the other.

Family Guide to Homeopathy, by Andrew Lockie: This is the latest book I've bought and was recommended by Whole Foods. Funny how I only now realized after writing the author's names down that this is also by Andrew Lockie, just like the first book I bought! This book is also pretty decent, and I again I've used it as a cross-reference with my first basic book to make sure that I'm closer to the proper remedy.

Other than the last book I mention, I'm not sure any of the others would still be in print. Check Amazon for reviews. I might do that just out of curiosity, since I bought these way before I ever had a computer!

Please keep us posted as to how you like the Miranda Castro book. I feel like I'm still searching for THE BOOK--LOL!

I hope your friend feels better soon. I'll come back and read when I have a bit more time.

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bottle of Influenzinum and bacillus 200c tablets has no instructions; does anyone know how many tablets constitutes a dose?

Also how often should the doses be taken if you actually have flu?

Thanks!

Carry

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

How big are they Carry?

Just put a bit on your hands and let them dissolve under your tongue.

the bigger they are, I use less. The smaller , I use more.

You can't overdose. What can happen is to take too little for your body to get the information (based on muscle tests).

Tracy doesn't agree with that though, she thinks even tiny amounts will do the effect.

I think at those high potencies, I wonder if one needs more than once in case you got the flu.

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Selma, the bottle just says tablets 007g.

I keep reading conflicting ideas as to how many tabs equals one dose, so guidance would be very welcome,

Best Wishes,

Carry

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Hi, Carry -

DO NOT touch the pellets. Gently tap the desired number of pellets into the cap of the bottle, then toss them under your tongue (or put them in water if doing the `wet dose' method.)

Come to think of it, I think instructions are required on bottles of remedy in the USA but not in the UK. I just looked at one of my remedies from Ainsworths in London and there are no instructions. I never noticed that before.

As for treatment, I'll state what's on my Influenzinum bottle from NHS here in the USA:

``Take at onset of symptoms. Repeat every 2 hours or as needed until relieved. Dissolve pellets into 1 ounce of filtered water or take dry by mouth.''

As for the number of pellets for a dose, there are varying opinions about this. My homeopath told me that no matter what size the pellet, 2 are all you ever need. I've found this to be true for me.

However, I do think there are people who don't respond as well as I do, so for those who don't know yet what works for them, perhaps a larger number of pellets is in order. This may be particularly true if other orthodox medications are involved. It may take more remedy to get a reaction.

So, based on what I just said, here are some guidelines below. If you take the maximum number of pellets and find that your symptoms get better quickly - within an hour - but then your symptoms get worse again almost immediately, it probably means you took too many pellets (or made your `wet dose' too strong). Too much remedy or too many dry doses in a row can aggravate existing symptoms (temporarily). I just had this happen with a friend. Simply reduce the pellets for your next dose.

And remember that one of the tenants of homeopathy is `the minimal dose' - the least amount of remedy to effect a healing reaction.

#30 `BB-size' pellets:
Adults - 3 to 5 pellets
Children - 2 pellets

#20 size (about 1/2 the #30 size):
Adults - 3 to 7 pellets
Children - 2 to 3 pellets

#10 `poppy seed-size' pellets (sometimes called `course granules'):
Adults - 5 to 10 pellets
Children - 3 to 5 pellets

For infants, use the `wet dose' method as described earlier in this thread.

Hope that helps.

Well, two other people with problems rang me up, plus my back is trying to go haywire on me (grrrr [cussing] ), so I'll get back here when I can. (The Castro book hasn't shown up yet.)

--------------------
Tracy

ukcarry
Member # 18147

I'm very grateful to you, Tracy; that helps a lot!

Thanks for finding the time to explain so clearly,

Best Wishes,

Carry

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

No problem, Carry. Glad it was of help!

--------------------
Tracy

heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, a few hours ago i suddenly came down with severe aches and low-grade fever, out of nowhere. it took me about three hours to realize i might have the flu/swine flu and it's likely not just lyme/babesia acting up. took an influenzinum dose - felt better, but my fever increased. just took my second dose twenty minutes ago. i really hope this helps - fingers crossed!

tracy, can i really keep taking it every two hours? or if my symptoms aren't totally gone after three doses should i switch to oscillo? what if they're improved but not completely eradicated?

thanks.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

heiwalove, even if your symptoms are not completely gone, but you are improving generally, don't take another dose. If you relapse or `stall' in improvement, then take another dose.

It is common for symptoms to increase slightly after a dose of remedy is taken, especially the very first dose. That is actually a good sign that it is acting and will probably work great! The best thing to do is just wait for the worsening of symptoms to pass - usually only a couple of hours. So, at this point, I'd wait.

I don't think I'd switch to Oscillo unless I got GI symptoms or it was clear that the Influenzinum wasn't doing anything.

Good luck. I'm glad you caught it early - that's really to your advantage!

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

P.S. heiwalove, if you need another dose of Influenzinum at some point, consider reducing the SIZE of the dose. If you took 5 pellets before, only take 3 next time. It should still work fine but you will be less likely to have an aggravation (worsening) of your symptoms.

Another option is to put the pellets in a few ounces of water, stir vigorously 40 times or so, then just take a sip of the water for a dose. You can continue using that water for dosing - just stir vigorously 10 times or so before you take a dose.

[Smile]

--------------------
Tracy

aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

I agree with Tracy regarding not taking any more until you can reevaluate symptoms. And, yes, it is common for some symptoms to increase slightly after a dose, so hang in there and watch how your body responds.

The only suggestion where I differ from Tracy is that I would have used the Oscillo immediately rather than even start the Influenza dose for treatment. I've been viewing using the Influenza as a preventative--almost vaccine like application--and the Oscillo as the treatment. But that is just the way I've done it, and it seems to have worked so far for me.

Tracy is much more knowledgeable about this than me, so you probably want to follow her advice. But I figured I put it out there how I went about it.

I'm currently fighting off a cold that I woke up with on Thursday morning. I've upped my daily doses of vitamin D and vitamin C and am also using zinc lozenges and ColdCalm homeopathic remedy, so we'll see how that goes.

Good luck. I strongly believe it should help you.

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Well, my experience differed from yours, AMom. I purposely waited for symtoms to start before taking the Influenzinum - just to see if it would work. And it did.

I think either the Oscillo or the Influ could work if taken early enough. And if either seems to fail or not act, there's a ready 'back-up' plan if you have both remedies handy.

Ugh. Sorry about your cold. Zinc and C can do wonders. If it heads for your lungs, try a dose of Influenzinum. The cough and lung issue was my clue to try Influ instead of searching for a 'cold remedy'. I really didn't expect anything to happen with the Influ, but it knocked it right out.

I'm knee-deep in Christmas card writing. I found that it doesn't do any good to just buy them - you have to SEND them, too. [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy

heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks guys. ended up taking the third dose. still achey and sick but do feel significantly better. feels like perhaps my fever has decreased too. so i should just wait it out now for awhile and see what happens, and if it doesn't improve or worsens again, take another influenzinum dose?

i'm admittedly scared, because i have a gut feeling this is h1n1. tempted to go to the doctor and beg for tamiflu. good idea? bad idea? i suppose since my fever isn't that high i should just wait and keep an eye on it.. ?

i've been catching infection after infection after infection recently (usually colds; this is the first flu i've had since i was a teenager). don't know what's up with my poor immune system. :/

--------------------

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

ps. can i take oscillo and influenzinum together or within a couple hours of each other? or would they cancel each other out?

--------------------

aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

I wouldn't take both together because I would feel like I'm overdoing it, but again, see what Tracy advises and do what she says.

I'm purely in the want-to-learn-everything-I-can mode and feel like I have just a tad more than a basic starting knowledge of how to use homeopathy but only on myself and my family, and maybe close friends who are willing to trust me and give it a shot.

Tracy, good idea about trying the Influenza if it heads to my lungs--didn't even think of that, since I've been hyperfocusing on this as only being a cold--but yes, if it gets into the lungs, I will try that. Thank you.

I do already feel better, although it never really got that bad per se, just the typical running nose, lots of sneezing, slight scratchy throat, and just a hint of the beginnings of a headache. But I've been fine to go out and do my errands, etc., and really feel quite well other than having to blow my nose and sneeze a lot! Hopefully everything I did yesterday knocked it down enough. My main concern is I don't want to pass the germs on to my family, especially my Lyme girl.

I wish I lived closer to you. I feel like I would love to just talk all day with you about homeopathy! Thanks for always offering your knowledge free of charge. You and Brussels and a few others on this board have an amazing wealth of knowledge when it comes to this stuff and are always so willing to share--thank you so much for your generosity!

heiwalove
Member # 6467

okay, i still haven't been able to sleep. feel really really sick, dehydrated (am drinking tons of h20 w/ minerals), feverish, awful, in extreme pain, bad tachycardia. this sucks. i can't take any more doses of homeopathic because i caved and took oscillo a couple hours ago. need to wait 6 hours to take more. i really think this is h1n1. awful awful awful.

--------------------

heiwalove
Member # 6467

i don't think i need to go to the hospital because my fever is low-grade (though i took lots of advil for the pain) and i can breathe. true?

--------------------

aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

I'm so sorry you are feeling so poorly. With the tachycardia, I wouldn't recommend you waiting to see someone. Can you get in to see your doctor?

I don't usually take over-the-counter meds such as Advil, so I'm not sure whether or not it has an effect on the homeopathic. I would think it is best not to take the OTC while on homeopathic remedies, but where you are feeling so awful, do take whatever will give you quick relief.

I hope it isn't the H1N1, but the good news I've heard is that it isn't as bad now as it was. The few friends I have around here who think they've had it really didn't feel any worse than with a regular flu. Their main complaints were the horrid painful coughing and throat pain that lingered--I think that is what they said.

I hope you feel better soon. If you do continue to feel awful though, I would get to a doctor, especially with your heart issues.

{{{HUGS}}}

heiwalove
Member # 6467

well, i have tachy as a symptom of lyme & co. i'm on a beta blocker for MVP but at the moment it's not doing much, probably because of the fever; my heart always races when i'm overheated (after a hot shower, etc, etc).

i assume that advil doesn't interfere with homeopathics any more than prescription meds or herbs; they just need to be taken away from each other, i think. perhaps tracy can clarify this.

thank you for the hugs. i feel a tiny bit better, knock wood.

--------------------

heiwalove
Member # 6467

also, can you have H1N1 without respiratory involvement, cough, or sore throat? (my throat feels a little hot and swollen but isn't exactly sore.) also no cough or sinus issues, at least not yet. mostly extreme body aches, fever, chills, sweats, shivering, malaise, feel like death warmed over, weakness, etc.

--------------------

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Just got back to the house - so sorry you're still ill, heiwalove.

It sounds like you have the basic idea of it - take a dose when the forward progression of improvement ceases for the previous dose. As you improve more and more, you take fewer and fewer doses (farther apart).

No, I would not take both remedies. I'd choose one - either Oscillo or Influenzinum - and stick with it until you're sure if it's doing any good or not.

It sounded like you had improvement so not sure what happened......?

Regarding Oscillo, my Materia Medica says it may be necessary to use a dose of Oscillo every 2-3 hours, but repeat only if necessary (which is true of most remedies, generally). It appears the body pain is more prominent in Oscillo. `Anxiety' is part of this remedy picture so perhaps it can help you some with that, too.

I don't blame you for being concerned. Unless you think your heart rate is out of control, everything else you describe is certainly typical of some kind of flu. You are smart to drink lots of fluids.

You've probably tried all the little tricks to get your heart rate back to normal: Drinking a full glass of really cold water; or thrusting both your hands into very cold water; hmmm, there's another one and I can't remember it at the moment.

About Advil: I thought I read that both aspirin and Advil are contraindicated with the flu, that if you have to take something, take Tylenol. I would do my best to avoid either, but as AMom pointed out, you do what you have to do.

As was pointed out in an article earlier in this thread (I think I posted that article), Oscillo has shown some protection against the cytokine storm problem so prevalent with flus. So, don't give up on the homeopathics, heiwalove! Even if you didn't prevent the flu, the medicines should still help shorten the duration and the severity of symptoms. Take care of yourself with warmth and fluids as you need them. Eat when you feel like it or have the strength. It can be rough - no doubt about it. I feel for ya.

As for Tamiflu, well, I've read enough to convince me that it's probably not effective nor necessarily safe. In fact, the FDA directed Roche - the manufacturer - to state on the drug's label the following caveat: ``Tamiflu has not been proven to have a positive impact on the potential consequences (such as hospitalizations, mortality, or economic impact) of seasonal, avian, or pandemic influenza.'' Because for some strange reason, the data that supposedly shows how effective and safe Tamiflu is has disappeared. I was going to make a post about it but haven't had time.

Heiwalove, keep us posted.

AMom, I so much appreciate your input! And Brussels, too! I'm no expert at this either - just someone who has found much relief and satisfaction in using these medicines. It can be a challenge, especially when you are sick!

Must run - I'll be checking back as I'm able.......

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

oh, you asked about symptoms of H1N1 - good question. Some people have terrible sore throats, but not all do. Some have fever, but not everyone has fever. Same with coughs and body pains. It's crazy. It seems to act differently in different regions.

I just checked the CDC website - only 13.6% of all `influenza-like illnesses' (ILI) last week in your region were any kind of flu at all! Most documented illnesses are `unidentified'. It would be nice to know if some effort was being made to identify illnesses that are affecting 86% of the people going to their doctors with flu-like symptoms.

--------------------
Tracy

heiwalove
Member # 6467

hi tracy. thank you so much. the horrible aches are better - knock wood - pretty sure i still have a fever but haven't checked it in awhile (will do so shortly). i also have zero appetite & am slightly nauseous, so gotta try and figure out how to get some food in me.

i'm not sure why i got so much worse after the 3rd influenzinum dose - possibly because i walked to walgreens and back (1/2 mile each way, up and down hills) to buy oscillo and sambucol on very little sleep, possibly because the remedy aggravated things for some reason. maybe i took too much. anyway i took the oscillo once at around 11 am and again just now (7:30 pm). it says on the box to take a dose approx every six hours. if the oscillo stops working i will switch back to the influenzinum, but my aches are improved, as i said, so that seems a positive thing (they were TERRIBLE). can i continue taking oscillo (or influenzinum, depending) throughout the course of my illness, however long it might last? or should i not ingest flu homeopathics every day?

thank you again, tracy. i really appreciate your guidance and reassurance.

[ 12-19-2009, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: heiwalove ]

--------------------

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

You are welcome, heiwalove, and I'm so glad to hear that you felt some improvement last night.

As long as you still have flu-like symptoms, continue with doses of the Oscillo, gradually taking fewer doses as you improve (as discussed before). Don't let yourself relapse too far backward before taking another dose. Even if the box says every 6 hours, I would take it sooner if needed (as my book indicated).

When all your symptoms seem to be gone, I'd suggest taking one final dose. I've seen this recommended by several homeopaths to prevent a relapse.

Just FWIW, Sambucol will make me somewhat nauseous, and I get extremely nauseated taking zinc on an empty stomach! Both aspirin and Advil can cause nausea on an empty stomach, also. So, bear that in mind.

Go very cautiously with food. It wouldn't surprise me if food disagrees with you right now and you could end up vomiting. Stick with boring stuff like broth/boullion, light soups, crackers, toast.

If you do vomit, don't panic. You've taken a number of things that could be upsetting your system. Sometimes vomiting is the best thing the body can do to get that stuff out of your system quickly. Try to think of it as a helpful thing, as unpleasant as it may be.

I'm not sure why you got worse after the 3rd dose of Influenzinum either. Without knowing everything you did or took, I can't even make an intelligent guess. But you seem to be on a good path right now and that's the important thing. Stick with it.

Just out of curiosity, what brand of Influenzinum 200C did you use?

Another tip that I don't remember if I posted about...... once you are sure the Oscillo is working and you are improving steadily, you could take maybe 1/2 a vial of Oscillo for a dose instead of the whole vial.

I talked to one person who only takes a few granules of Oscillo for a dose. I'm not sure I would go that far, but I would certainly consider making 2 or 3 doses out of a vial of Oscillo pellets. (That stuff is expensive and the manufacturer must try to create a `dose size' that would work even for very large people. I suspect you weigh far less than 300 pounds. [Smile] )

Hang in there. I suspect I had swine flu back in 1975 or 76, and I still remember the profound pain of those body aches. I still remember feeling so grateful when the pain would subside enough so that I could just sleep. And it was 2 solid weeks of feeling better, then feeling worse again with a terrible fatigue and weakness. I sure wish I'd known about homeopathy back then!

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

In the `swine flu and homeopathy news' department, I ran across a VERY interesting comment by Dr. Isaac Golden made on November 19, 2009.

(Isaac Golden is an Australian homeopath who has been in practice since 1984. He is a world authority on homoeoprophylaxis - the use of homoeopathic medicines for specific infectious disease prevention, and has undertaken the world's largest long-term study of parents using such a program. In 2004 he completed a PhD research program at the GSIM, Swinburne University, Melbourne, studying homoeoprophylaxis. This is the first time a mainstream Australian University has accepted such a topic for orthodox research.)

Excerpt from comment by Dr Isaac Golden on November 19th, 2009:

quote:
Right now they are immunising over 10,000,000 people against swine flu using homeoprophylaxis [in Cuba].

All true scientists will closely examine this evidence, and will accept that even though they cannot explain how homeopathy works in their terms, something real is happening and therefore their model is incomplete - what a truly wonderful opportunity for an open-minded scientist.

regards
isaac
http://avilian.co.uk/2009/01/cuba-prevents-annual-epidemic-among-5m-people-using-homeopathy/

TEN MILLION people! This has to be the largest `test' of homeoprophylaxis ever attempted. I'm afraid I've not found any other information about this so I guess we have to wait. The `lamestream media' won't cover it, though, just like they didn't cover the amazingly successful homeoprophylaxis campaigns in Cuba against Leptospirosis in 2007 and 2008.

Here's another comment made by Dr. Golden earlier this year when the whole swine flu scare began and the race was on to develop a vaccine:

quote:
COMMENT: I am often asked why Governments do not avail themselves of this option [referring to homeopathic immunization], especially when there is no proven highly effective vaccine available (some would say for any flu, but certainly for Swine Flu). The answer is simple, and based on economics.

In 2007 the Cuban Government homoeopathically immunized 2,400,000 people against the potentially fatal leptospirosis disease which is endemic in their country, and 2,200,000 people in 2008. Statistical analyses showed that both campaigns proved highly successful. The 2007 campaign cost around $400,000.

This means that the USA could be homoeopathically immunized against Swine Flu for less than $100,000,000. It could be completed within 3-4 weeks of making the executive decision, rather than waiting for months.

The USA Government is asking for $2,000,000,000 [2 BILLION dollars] just to develop a vaccine, and it will be charged a similar amount to deliver it. [That's 4 BILLION dollars, total.] So if homoeoprophylaxis was used the vaccine industry would loose $3,900,000,000 potential revenue.

On a smaller scale, the similar equation plays out in every developed country. This is not a conspiracy theory, it is basic economics. But do you know any politicians who will listen?

- Isaac Golden
http://www.homstudy.net./research/2009-flu.htm

Just thought some of you might find this interesting.

You might also find it interesting that Dr. Golden has been using both Influenzinum and Oscillococcinum for prevention on HIMSELF this flu season. [Smile] So, I think we are in pretty good company.

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

heiwalove, are you okay?

--------------------
Tracy

pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried taking the first 2 in DesBio's lyme series.

This is the only homeopathic i ever took.

I can't get past the alcohol. I decided not to take the 3d dose. I decided alcohol is too harmful and that homeopathic is not for me, if it has to have alcohol in it!!

----Polly Polygonum

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement