LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I bought the Light Relief product for Pain. I like it.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I bought the Light Relief product for Pain. I like it.
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was not wanting to spend a ton of money but wanted to try Light Therapy for pain and use it on my neck and back and elbows and knees etc.

I have all over pain and I take Ms Contin but those areas are always tight and have sharp shooting pain and aches all the time on top of the overall pain.

I got it in th email and it really has impressed me already.

I am sure it is the lower end of the deal? Maybe?
It has red and blue led lights and 4 settings etc.

I put it on my neck and shoulders last night in bed and it is like after 15 minutes it feels warm and deep down I can feel the soothing.

I read it is supposed to have a cummalitive response. But even that immediate relief for the night is worth it. When you live in chronic severe pain just getting windows of relief that is temporary can make a huge difference.

It was only 80 bucks...

I am in no way promoting or selling anything.
Was up late and it is one of those info commercials that sometimes I get pulled into in my insomnia states. They know what they are doing putting those ads on late at night and targeting people like me.

But hey.. I like this thing!

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laceyj
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laceyj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow
what exactly is it called

Posts: 187 | From FL | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Light Relief has some good reviews on Amazon.com.

It looks similar to the LightWorks LED light therapy.

Does it say which wavelengths it uses?
The LightWorks uses 660 and 880.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a site someone did some evaluations on it
http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/seventh/lightrel.htm
and rated it 4 1/2 stars. It really is helping my pain in my shoulders and back and at night I can lay it under my neck and back.

MANUFACTURER: Light Relief
PRODUCT TYPE: Handheld pain relieving device
LAMP TYPE: 5mm LED
No. OF LAMPS: 59 (24 IR, 31 red, 4 blue)
BEAM TYPE: Narrow flood
SWITCH TYPE: Pushbutton off/mode control/heat on top of product
CASE MATERIAL: Plastic & rubber
BEZEL: N/A
BATTERY: 6xAA cells
CURRENT CONSUMPTION: 292mA & 659mA
WATER RESISTANT: Light splatter-resistance at maximum
SUBMERSIBLE: No
ACCESSORIES: Body strap, body band, travel bag, AC adapter
WARRANTY: 5 years

PRODUCT RATING:

There is statement saying
"The pain relief benefits come chiefly from the IR LEDs; if their wavelength is shorter than ~870nm, I'll attempt to perform a spectrographic analysis of them and publish the chart right here on this web page"

And there are graphs on the site and shows the Red Lights and Blue Lights sepeartely and looks like the range is about 400 to 700 ?

Hey.. for 80 bucks. I think it is well worth it.
For me so far

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it too. I have a little three-redlight one called TriLight that I've had for years. It has both a pulse and a steady light setting. I wave or hold the pulsed light setting over any area of pain and it reduces pain.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Springshowers.

I was wondering is any of your pain being helped nerve pain?

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Yes.. Some nerve pain is being helped.

This device is saving me from a lot of extra pain in my neck and back as well as other areas such as knees and elbow joint pain ..

If you get one... remember the whole lid comes off and it lays flat so you can lay on top of it etc. like a pad.

I was having bad back problems yesterady and i treated myself for a couple hours and also had it in my bed last night.

It helped a ton.. Whew..

Of all the "devices" or this and that that you can buy... and have at home.. i have used this one more than any ...

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even the inexpensive devices are no joke...

I spoke to a merchant & he told me that a client who was going to have to have her foot amputated due to diabetic wounds was able to cure herself using a red laser pointer (that you can buy at a stationery store) & some colloidal silver!

The science behind using infrared light & other forms of LED healing is real. I posted alot of info here about a year & a half or so ago.

There are many scientific studies - especially from Eastern Europe & the former Soviet Union.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Has anyone else bought one of these?

I have had much more joint pain lately because I started to rife and i can tell its getting into the joints.

I use this light relief and it is amazing how well it works. Also I lay on it at night and under my neck.. and back.

I know i have repeated myself.. and no I am not trying to sell it LOL

But.. I know there are alot of others in pain like me and .. I have tried a lot of things..

This is a great thing .....

You know how often you buy something and you use it a few times and then let it sit.. Well this is NOT one of those things.

I know I got some PMs asking more about it and I wondered if others were getting some good results as well????

Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW, this seems really neat...I had never heard of it and I checked it out online.

Sure wish I had the 80. bucks....maybe next year.
(:

Karen [Smile]

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement