LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » timing of chlorella dose to detox

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: timing of chlorella dose to detox
lyme2health
Member # 19981

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lyme2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When is the best time to take chlorella to help detox the neurotoxins from die off? An hour after antibiotics? 3 hours? At bedtime?

Has anyone tried different times and found different results?

Also, how far away from vitamins and hormone supplements so as to not inhibit absorption or is this even a concern?

Posts: 62 | From U.S. | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i take chlorella as soon as i wake up and 1 hr after anything at bedtime.
Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chlorella half hour before meals. and again before going to bed.

If you are allergic to some of the toxins, especially the toxic metals and fungi/mold, all bets are off because the immune system does not recognize them. Read www.Allergie-immune.de (click on English) and possibly read the thread by the people on board here who are doing the AI therapy. http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/76633?

Vitamins are considered foods - take them with your meals.

Good luck and take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you asked--- i need to know too! I posted a similar question a few weeks ago; i don't think there were answers.

I'm especially concerned about washing out the minerals pills i take, like Calcium, Magnesium, etc.

I still don't know. I take chlorella 2 hours away from my pills, both before and after, sometimes, lacking any firm knowledge.

---Polly Polygonum

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psr1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psr1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a best brand of Chlorella? Recommendations for dosages/amounts?
Thanks

Posts: 360 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been trying to research this online. It looks like it shouldn't matter if you take it with vitamins or not. I found this info on Dr. Mercola's website.

"Serves as an "intelligent" algae by not binding to (and therefore not removing) essential nutrients you need"

I also found similar info on other sites. It looks like it shouldn't interfere with meds or supplements.

Most agree that it is best to take it with food because it helps with digestion but it can be taken any time of day from what I gathered. Also it is best to split the dose so you are taking it 3 times a day.

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
psr1...I don't know if there is a best brand or not. I know that you want to make sure that it is processed well and is a clean brand that doesn't contain any metals or anything. Also seems that broken cell wall chlorella is the better type.

My doctor has me taking Kyo-Chlorella but I don't know that it is the best brand. I am sure there are a bunch of good ones.

As for dosage...I am sure everyone is different. Researching online it looks like 3 grams daily is the standard dose but most places also say that if you are fighting disease that 10 grams a day is a good dose. They say to build up slowly though since I guess if you go too fast it can cause stomach upset.

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Here in more detail what I posted above. This is the way Dr. K. recommended taking chlorella to me in 1998 when I was ill. It is still taken that way. Please read it carefully! because it works well this way.

CHlORELLA (by Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, MD PhD)

Both C. pyrenoidosa (better absorption of toxins, but harder to digest) and
C. vulgaris (higher CGF content - see below, easier to digest, less metal absorbing capabitlity) are available. Chlorella has multiple health inducing effects:

ANTIVIRAL (especially effective against the cytomegaly virus from the herpes family)

TOXIN BINDING (mucopolysaccharide membrane)
All known toxic metals, environmental toxins such as dioxin and others.

Repairs and activates the body's DETOXIFICATION FUNCTIONS:

Dramatically increases reduced glutathione,

Sporopollein is effective as cholestyramine in binding neurotoxins and more effective in binding toxic metals than any other natural substance found.

Various peptides restore coeruloplasmin and metallothioneine.

Lipids (12.4%) alpha- and gamma-linoleic acid help to balance the increased intake of fish oil during our detox program and are necessary for a multitude of functions, including formation of the peroxisomes.

Methycobalamin is food for the nervous system, restores damaged neurons and has its own detoxifying effect.

Chlorella growth factor helps the body detoxify itself in a yet not understood profound way. It appears that over millions of years chlorella has developed specific detoxifuing proteins and peptides for every existing toxic metal.

The porphyrins in chlorophyl have th eir own strong metal binding effect. Chlorophyll also activates the PPAR-receptor on the nucleus of the cell which is responsible for the transcirption of DNA and coding the formation of the peroxisomes (see fish oil) , opening of the cell wall (unknown mechanism) which is necessary for all detox procedures, normalizes insulin resistance and much more. Medical drugs that activate the PPAR-receptor (such as pioglitazone) have been effective in the treatment of breast and prostate cancer.

SUPER NUTRIENT: 50-60% amino acid content, ideal nutrient for vegetarians, methylcobalamin - the most easily absorbed and utilized form of B12, B6, minerals, chlorophyll, beta carotene, etc.

IMMUNE SYSTEM strengthening

RESTORES bowel flora

DIGESTIVE AID (bulking agent)

ALKALINIZING AGENT (important for patients with malignancies)

D O S A G E : Start with 1 gram (=4 tabl) 3-4 times/day. This is the standard maintenance dosage for grownups for the 6-24 months of active detox. During the more active phase of the detox (every 2-4 weeks for 1 week), whenever cilantro is given, the dose can be increased to 3 grams 3-4 times per day (1 week on, 2-4 weeks back down to the maintenance dosage). Take 30 minutes before the main meals and at bedtime. This way chlorella is exactly in that portion of the small intestine where the bile squirts into the gut at the beginning of the meal, carrying with it toxic metals and other toxic waste. These are bound by the chlorella cell wall and carried out via the digestive tract.

When amalgam fillings are removed, the higher dose should be given for 2 days before and 2-5 days after the procedure (the more fillings are removed, the longer the higher dose should be given).

NO cilantro should be given around the time of dental work. During this time we do not want to mobilize deeply stored metals in addition to the expected new exposure.

If you take Vitamin C during your detox program, take it as far away from Chlorella as possible (best after meals).

S I D E E F F E C T S : most side effects reflect the toxic effect of the mobilized metals, which are shuttled through the organism. This problem is instantly avoided by significantly increasing the chlorella dosage, not by reducing it, which would worsen the problem. (Small chlorella doses mobilize more metals than are bound in the gut, large chlorella doses bind more toxins than are mobilized).

Some people have problems digesting the cell membrane of chlorella. The enzyme cellulase resolves this problem. Cellulase is available in many health food stores in digestive enzyme products. Taking chlorella together with food also helps in some cases, even though it is less effective that way. Chlorella vulgaris has a thinner cell wall and is better tolerated by people with digestive problems.

CHLORELLA GROWTH FACTOR (Biopure CGF available as capsule)

This is a heat extract from chlorella that concentrates certain peptides, proteins and other ingredients. The research on CGF shows that children develop no tooth decay and their dentition (maxillary facial development) is near perfect. There are less illnesses and children grow earlier to a larger size with higher IQ and are socially more skilled. There are case reports of patients with dramatic tumor remissions after taking CGF in higher amounts. In our experience, CGF makes the detox experience for the patient much easier, shorter and more effective.

Recommended dosage: 1 cap. CGF for each 20 tabl. Chlorella

NDF and PCA

Both are extracets from Chlorella and Cilantro and very effective in detoxing. They are well tolerated, but very expensive.

Biopure Healing Products Ltd
1-800-801-6187 or 425 462-8414

[email protected]
www.biopureus.com
Take care.

If you do a search under my name and chlorella, you will find numerous posts on the subject. Not much has changed over the years.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The brand my doctor recommends is Prime Chlorella. I believe it is grown in such a way that it is free from heavy metals, etc.

It is difficult to find. I buy it online, but there are only a couple websites that sell it.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody take chlorella along with Detoxamin? Or would this release too much heavy metal at once for the body to handle?

I have both on hand, but have been afraid of doing both at once for fear of stressing my kidneys and liver too much. Have just been doing the chlorella for now.

I have a tough time with asthma. The other day my right lung 'loaded up' as it usually does when I have a flare-up.

I went to Whole Foods to get some chlorella for metal detox, took about 5 capsules and my lung cleared. (The only thing to work that well for the asthma has been steroids, which I only take if I can't breathe.) It was amazing! I hadn't even bought it for that purpose.

I haven't even needed my inhaler for the past few days.

It's some amazing stuff.

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Gigi!

That was wonderful.

---Polly Polygonum

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chlorella can help on what people here describe as air hunger, when the air hunger is caused by floating heavy metals. At least, that is how I see in my case.

My air hunger attacks have been many times gone smaller or disappeared with ingestion of chorella.

If you take chlorella and get such clear responses on air hunger or asthma, think about what could trigger these air hunger or asthmatic attacks. I would bet that toxins and heavy metals can play a big role on such symptoms.

Chlorella helps on herxes, it is my herb number 1 for many years.

You can sometimes actually feel your liver getting better (pain disappearing), your GI tract working better and your brain fog lifting exactly starting about 30 min after ingestion of chlorella. Anxiety drops about 20-30 minutes after ingestion.

The only problem is dosage.

Sometimes little dosage will increase the symptoms more than relieve them. At least, temporarily. Then if we take more of it, symptoms may lower again or even fade.

I suffered from chronic gastritis for years. It got better with homeopathy. But I think 'cure' came only after months on chlorella, daily.

I thank Gigi for having showed me this 'plant'. It is still one of my best 'friends'.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what chlorella dosage to give two teenagers, ages 13 (weighs 83 lbs.) and 14(weighs 120 lbs?)

They are both taking an herbal metal detox supplement prescribed by the llmd. It's Chinese herbs which are supposed to be gentler on the system.

Would chlorella be beneficial, or too much at once with the above tx?

The chlorella has really helped my asthma, and I would like for them to get the same benefits as I have. My daughter in particular struggles with asthma.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

The underlying problems for people suffering from asthma are usually numerous. The treatment that I have found to work best is www.allergie-immun.de
As long as numerous dysregulations (often inherited) are present, not much else works permanently. Most people, young and old, who are living with Lyme, have many of these dysregulations (allergies) as underlying problems. Do yourself a favor and start looking beyond Lyme. I have posted the link to the Allergie Immun thread numerous times as I have posted the link to the website of Allergie-Immun. NAET does not permanently solve the problems - we have tried. We still had major dysregulations, i.e. allergies, at the DNA level until we started Allergie Immun. Please read the threads. One of the worst problems is a wheat and gluten dysregulation and so far every Lymie who has taken the Allergie Immun test, has that problem, except me. My husband had a silent allergy toward wheat and soy and all major toxic heavy metals. That means that the immune system does not recognize these toxins and the body keeps accumulating unable to release them. Perfect feeding ground for all pathogens, including Lyme, fungi, parasites, viruses, etc.

Chlorella will take the edge off, but it will not
correct the dysregulations.

Linky, I would start with one tablet and see what she tolerates. But, p l e a s e , explore Allergie Immun.

Take care.

linky123
Member # 19974

Thanks Gigi for the info! You're a great help.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement