LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Every day, the little voice in my head almost wishes my life would end.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Every day, the little voice in my head almost wishes my life would end.
whome
Member # 18979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not depressed...I enjoy doing all the things I've always enjoyed. I go to dinner with friends, movies with my husband and love my children more than imaginable. But, every day when I have to swallow a fistful of pills three times a day, the meds make me Herx or feel like I'm going to throw up, I wish I did not have a family so it would not hurt anyone if my life were to end.

I cannot get rid of the Babesia. It will not go away. It has been a year and a half of Mepron and 1500mg of high quality Artimisenen and it won't go away.

The Mepron counteracts one of my Bart/Lyme antibiotics.

Now, other systems are starting to fail (endocrine).

And, our time for more children is fading. My twins are special needs and we did not want to leave them alone after their parents are gone. We are happy with just them, but wanted this FOR them.

Can anyone advise on how to kill the beast (Babs)?

Posts: 33 | From VA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well one things for sure. I'd kill the beast, I'll be damned if the beast will kill me.

That is the attitude you are going to need to win. Win doesn't necessarily mean "cured". Maybe it's time to look at other treatment options.

Winning might be only needing half of a handful of pills 3 times a day. The odds are most of those pills are not helping you, reacting to the other pill, etc.

My advice on killing the beast: read my signature line.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightAtTheEnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightAtTheEnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry you're having such a difficult time. I don't have Babs (that I know of), so no practical advice.

I agree with Pam--don't give up, no matter what. Giving up is the only way that definitely WON'T help. Giving up won't cure you, and it won't help you deal with being sick, and it won't help your kids who need you.

You probably know way more about Mepron than me by now, but be aware that other people have said on here that it has given them suicidal thoughts, that went away when they stopped taking it, switched meds, or took a break from it for a few days.

--------------------
Don't forget to laugh! And when you're going through hell, keep going!

Bitten 5/25/2009 in Perry County, Indiana. Diagnosed by LLMD 12/2/2009.

Posts: 756 | From Inside the tunnel | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am using a mixed herbal called Micro-site from Inno-Vita that seems to be working well.

Should not interfere with anything else.

Also some support for liver, kidney, spleen, hypothalamus, pituitary + thyroid.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been doing the salt/c protocol (sea salt) for over 3yrs and it has saved my life.

Sea salt and vitamin c supports the adrenals as well as supplying vital minerals,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have not solutions but just want to tell you to hang in there. You are not alone.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried enula? It seems to be helping to keep my babesia knocked back while I treat lyme.

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Switch to Malarone.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
venus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for venus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any answers for you, but I know the feeling well. It just all seems too hard. Try to keep the faith that it will get better. Lean on lymenet for support. I wouldn't have made it this far without people here telling me to have faith.

--------------------
Severe neurological problems. Probably sick for years. Became chronically sick in Aug 2007. Undiagnosed for another 15 months. Started treatment for lyme and bart Sept. 2008. Improving, but very slowly.

Posts: 515 | From washington dc | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm praying for you...that you find the strength you need to continue the fight, and that God will guide you in the right direction.

[group hug]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whome
Member # 18979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That you all for the kind words.

joala - what is enula?

metallic blue - malarone is a pill, right? isn't it the same generic medicine as mepron?

the only alternative i know if lariam (melfoquine) which has horrible known side effects

Posts: 33 | From VA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I was having similar thoughts, terrible violent thoughts about my own destruction.
Then I went to bed and when I woke up those thoughts were gone.
They'll come again and I'm pretty sure they'll go away again.

Here's a good quote: As long as you keep trying, there's hope.

Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sometimes wished I could fade away, when first battling this disease. I felt so bad for my family..but my kids need a mom, my husband needed a wife..so I went thru months of pure hell. I have babs, bart, and Lyme. Took about 18 months to see some shred of light. Fast forward..I'm back at work, taking care of my family and doing well. I pulse meds..I hate to take them, but the alternative isn't pretty.

Mepron didn't work for me..I alternated between bactrim/zith and malarone zith for babs.

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the flim-flam man
Member # 23310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the flim-flam man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"When things look bad and you think you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum mad-dog mean." - Josey Wales

I too had those thoughts. All day, everyday for awhile. Still come and go from time to time. Draw strength from ANYWHERE you can find it. If I can do anything, let me know. Take Care. Don.

Posts: 31 | From Concord, North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by METALLlC BLUE:
Switch to Malarone.

I agree with Metallic Blue. Mepron didn't work for me at all but Malarone is helping a lot! I am also taking Bactrim.

This all happened because I switched Lyme docs.

Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang, I didn't answer this question: Malarone is "not a generic of Mepron." It is a different drug. It is a pill. It contains "mepron, as atovaquone, which is poorly absorbed in pill form, but it also contains proguanil hydrochloride which is extremely powerful when combined with the Atovaquone, Normal dose is 250/100

One MALARONE Tablet (adult strength = 250 mg atovaquone/100 mg proguanil hydrochloride) per day.

Dosage for Prevention of Malaria in Pediatric Patients

Weight kg)

Atovaquone/Proguanil HCl

Dosage Regimen

11-20
62.5 mg/25 mg

1 MALARONE Pediatric Tablet daily
21-30
125 mg/50 mg

2 MALARONE Pediatric Tablets as a single dose daily
31-40
187.5 mg/75 mg

3 MALARONE Pediatric Tablets as a single dose daily
>40
250 mg/100 mg

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jmb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If even a little part of you wants to die I think you are depressed. I know I am.

--------------------
enjoy the day.

-jmb

Posts: 208 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's the Zith? Maybe you need to switch brands of artemisin. Try artemisia?

This disease sucks, there is no way around that. You've got a full hand with two special needs children. You will come through this, I know you will. Keep coming to these boards. I can't tell you how many times I felt that death would be easier. But, I don't feel that way anymore. It gets better, really it does.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI to others ... THIS IS AN OLD THREAD. "WHOME" hasn't been here in a long time.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia takes the joy out of life. I am improving on Mepron/zithro but at such great expense!

I agree you need to switch to another protocol - the malarone is a good idea.

Reading your post reminded me that I wanted to add my left over Bactrim DS to my protocol so I got up to take it.
I accidentally knocked the container on the floor sending it flying everywhere. Was that ever aggravating!

With some of the pills all broken up that reminded me to start at a lower dose to make sure I don't have a reaction. I thought they sure are dirty but heck, they are antibiotics - bugs have no chance. Sometimes our misery is hilarious.

Just keep on keeping on and you will make it.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
FYI to others ... THIS IS AN OLD THREAD. "WHOME" hasn't been here in a long time.

Guess I was a "little" late in responding to the question. HAHAHAHA

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's OK!! If someone searched, they would want the info.

I was just alerting those who were "talking" to WHOME. [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, thats what happened...Even though it was an old thread, I searched it and found it...the info is helpful...Thanks [Smile]
Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green Darkness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green Darkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally someone sounds like what I have experienced.
Thank you for this post.
Now I can get mean and try harder.

Posts: 560 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement